BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 358 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPN:

I suppose it could be described that way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
How do you like abusive smug tan girl so far? @DprvdDgnrt

Is that the one that’s for masochist who fantasize about a cute anime girl treating them like shit but want to see a non-hentai version of it?

I’ll have to sit that one out then because some light foot stomping is about as far as I’m willing to go on that front and that’s only if the girl wears a bunny outfit and easily becomes flustered in sexual situations.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bonus pic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

My brain says that you’re not wrong

But my heart says you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about
View All Quotes

Is that the one that’s for masochist who fantasize about a cute anime girl treating them like shit but want to see a non-hentai version of it?

My brain says that you’re not wrong

But my heart says you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:37:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#3]

I’ll have to sit that one out then because some light foot stomping is about as far as I’m willing to go on that front and that’s only if the girl wears a bunny outfit and easily becomes flustered in sexual situations.

View All Quotes

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

Flustered in sexual situations? ...Yes.

Light foot stomping?... Are we talking in terms of kickboxing?

ETA:  I think I mentioned a while back, that if I had started reading the manga one chapter at a time, with weeks of waiting in between chapters coming out, I probably would have dropped it after reading the first few, because the girl is pure evil in the first few chapters (there's also a demon outfit, at some point, but the Neko outfit gets a lot more time).

I didn't read any of it until after reading some discussion about it (along the lines of readers either love her, or hate her), and was able to read something like 10 chapters at once.  After the first few chapters, there's a shift and she starts gradually being shown as less evil.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

View All Quotes

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

I mean in terms of treating the male MC like shit. Whether that be physical, emotional, psychological, whatever.  Bunny is pretty light on the abuse and it’s usually just light playful physical stuff.  The “abusive smug tan girl” doesn’t seem “light” at all so the costume and flustered exceptions wouldn’t even be applicable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:04:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#5]

I mean in terms of treating the male MC like shit. Whether that be physical, emotional, psychological, whatever.  Bunny is pretty light on the abuse and it’s usually just light playful physical stuff.  The “abusive smug tan girl” doesn’t seem “light” at all so the costume and flustered exceptions wouldn’t even be applicable.
View All Quotes

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

"Light"?  Not in the early chapters of the manga (more of a demon, at that point).  If the anime follows the manga fairly closely, and doesn't tone down her personality from the first few chapters, I suspect there will be quite a few people that drop the show after the first episode.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]

"Light"?  Not in the early chapters of the manga (more of a demon, at that point).  If the anime follows the manga fairly closely, and doesn't tone down her personality from the first few chapters, I suspect there will be quite a few people that drop the show after the first episode.
View All Quotes

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

There are few things I find more annoying in anime than when a female character habitually treats a peer male character like shit and he takes it like a bitch.  I realize some guys are into that sort of thing (no judgements), but it just pisses me off to watch.  And that’s just with the abuse happening sporadically.  It actually seems to be the theme of that show.

Seeing a male MC get treated like absolute shit by the female MC and then he actually does something about it is part of the reason I find Redo of Healer so gratifying to watch.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#7]

There are few things I find more annoying in anime than when a female character habitually treats a peer male character like shit and he takes it like a bitch.  I realize some guys are into that sort of thing (no judgements), but it just pisses me off to watch.  And that’s just with the abuse happening sporadically.  It actually seems to be the theme of that show.

Seeing a male MC get treated like absolute shit by the female MC and then he actually does something about it is part of the reason I find Redo of Healer so gratifying to watch.

View Quote

"Peer male character"?  No, he's a second year student in high school, and she's a first year, so they're not really peers.

It starts out pretty bad, but then both of them start to evolve.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

I really loved this manga and didn't find her that bad even at the start. This start is really only the first three or so chapters of a now seventy eight chapter long story. Going back and rereading the beginning I find even less malice in her actions. Her verbal "abuse" of him is spot on. He is a "gross", loser writing a subpar manga. Any physical contact she makes, and it's play level stuff, is to excite a reaction. What she does is like when a friend would give another friend a nuggie for being an emo little tard. This is not the "you accidently touch my tits prepare to die shit" you see in other stuff. They did their own version of that cliché and I liked the twist. There were more than a few points where I thought the story would go down some cliché road but took a turn for the better.

This is not some ball busting, femdom, S&M, "Muh Queen!" fuck fest.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]

"Peer male character"?  No, he's a second year student in high school, and she's a first year, so they're not really peers.

View All Quotes

I mean peer as in equal standing with another E.G. one doesn’t have authority over the other one.  The submissive isn’t acting the way they are because they’re afraid they’ll lose their job and they have to support their family or anything like that.  They act the way they are because they’re a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:04:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m0388:

I really loved this manga and didn't find her that bad even at the start. This start is really only the first three or so chapters of a now seventy eight chapter long story. Going back and rereading the beginning I find even less malice in her actions. Her verbal "abuse" of him is spot on. He is a "gross", loser writing a subpar manga. Any physical contact she makes, and it's play level stuff, is to excite a reaction. What she does is like when a friend would give another friend a nuggie for being an emo little tard. This is not the "you accidently touch my tits prepare to die shit" you see in other stuff. They did their own version of that cliché and I liked the twist. There were more than a few points where I thought the story would go down some cliché road but took a turn for the better.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m0388:

Bunny? No.

Cat? Yes.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]

I like Bunny girl a pretty good bit on its own but with the whole here’s a girl with a supernatural problem thing going on it kinda felt like a sugar free low carb diet version of the Monogatari series

BTW I second what everyone is saying about Nagatoro I read the first 5 volumes and there is a lot of heart plus I was luaphing out loud while holding a book which says something
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#12]

I like Bunny girl a pretty good bit on its own but with the whole here’s a girl with a supernatural problem thing going on it kinda felt like a sugar free low carb diet version of the Monogatari series
View Quote

That seems like something I’d probably like, but when I went to start it I noticed there were over 10 seasons/mini-seasons, the title of the show changes for each season, and I went to a message board and saw fans arguing about what order to watch it in.

At that point I just gave up.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#13]

That seems like something I’d probably like, but when I went to start it I noticed there were over 10 seasons/mini-seasons, the title of the show changes for each season, and I went to a message board and saw fans arguing about what order to watch it in.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/KyyUDPHjDLzfKGbbWr/giphy.gif
View Quote

Yeah that sort of thing is frustrating

Just go watch Bakemonogatari first and treat it likes it’s it’s own thing most people would tell you to start there anyway but it can stand on its own just fine that’s the season that has the same sort of structure as Bunny girl ....... if you put Bunny Girl in a blender with Madoka Magica and Haganai
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:42:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Just go watch Bakemonogatari first and treat it likes it’s it’s own thing most people would tell you to start there anyway but it can stand on its own just fine that’s the season that has the same sort of structure as Bunny girl ....... if you put Bunny Girl in a blender with Madoka Magica and Haganai
View All Quotes

https://media0.giphy.com/media/KyyUDPHjDLzfKGbbWr/giphy.gif

I hate to use the same gif on back-to-back pages, but...

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]

I hate to use the same gif on back-to-back pages, but...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dyLlCJSNbgFghf7wjT/giphy.gif
View Quote

You sir would not be disappointed

I put Haganai in there because the fan service and how the characters interact with it unapologetic and comedic obviously the plot isn’t similar amd Madoka because of shafts wild art style
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#16]

There are few things I find more annoying in anime than when a female character habitually treats a peer male character like shit and he takes it like a bitch.

View Quote

It's very relatable to guys in real life, who have fantasies about being able to do something 'revenge' skewed, and probably a big reason why it's so (secretly) popular.

Interesting to note all the Anime Youtubers that hate on it are women, and hardcore Soi-Boi's
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BB868:

It's very relatable to guys in real life, who have fantasies about being able to do something 'revenge' skewed, and probably a big reason why it's so (secretly) popular.

Interesting to note all the Anime Youtubers that hate on it are women, and hardcore Soi-Boi's
View All Quotes

There are few things I find more annoying in anime than when a female character habitually treats a peer male character like shit and he takes it like a bitch.

The difference being the male MC from one show is just a random every day guy that could be anyone.

The other male MC...

Click To View Spoiler
One is very relatable.  The other.... not so much.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Some people have better work environments, than others.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#19]

The difference being the male MC from one show is just a random every day guy that could be anyone.

The other male MC...

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

The other male MC...

Click To View Spoiler

For Redo, I was generalizing, not going into his specifics-- Insert "That's my Fetish" gif or meme
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Your comment got me thinking about the best and worst situations for an MC I've seen in anime.

I haven't seen an anime in which the MC had a better situation (especially one that just fell into his lap) than the MC from Smartphone.

On the opposite end, I haven't seen an anime in which the MC had a worse personal situation than the MC from Redo.  At least the early episodes.  The later episodes with him setting up a harem consisting of a magic girl, a kemonomimi girl, a warrior girl, and a demon girl THAT HE ACTUALLY HAS SEX WITH... well, that part wouldn't be as bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I pussed out on REDO just the sound of him breaking that bitches fingers was fucked up. She deserved it but im a torture wimp i guess. Why did he let all those people rape him the second time around? Maybe I'll try to watch the second episode.  Everyone else seems to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:01:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#22]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
I pussed out on REDO just the sound of him breaking that bitches fingers was fucked up. She deserved it but im a torture wimp i guess. Why did he let all those people rape him the second time around? Maybe I'll try to watch the second episode.  Everyone else seems to enjoy it.
View Quote

So the round the clock rapings for months by dozens of people was okay to see, but the guy that was raped breaking the fingers of one of the people that raped him is where you draw the line?  

Click To View Spoiler
I'm not telling you to stick it out if you "puss out when you see torture," but I will say E3 is when the best girl appears.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I started reading that thicc elf manga that RandomGuy1911A1 posted a panel of.  It’s pretty funny, and I recommend it, as long as you’re okay with uncensored anime titties.  I’m kind of disappointed, though, that the main elf girl doesn’t actually say “my fat ass is built for abuse.”  That panel is edited.  She’s still eminently plowable, though, belly and all.

https://mangadex.org/title/20380/elf-san-wa-yaserarenai
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
I started reading that thicc elf manga that RandomGuy1911A1 posted a panel of.  It’s pretty funny, and I recommend it, as long as you’re okay with uncensored anime titties.  I’m kind of disappointed, though, that the main elf girl doesn’t actually say “my fat ass is built for abuse.”  That panel is edited.  She’s still eminently plowable, though, belly and all.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Sometimes an edit is needed for attention
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Speaking of thic elves: How Not to Summon a Demon Lord S2 starts one month from today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Speaking of thic elves: How Not to Summon a Demon Lord S2 starts one month from today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2DCC0681-2546-4288-9262-2C997781C65B_jpe-1857504.JPG
View Quote

I'm glad it's getting a second season. I was entertained throughout the first season.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

View All Quotes

Thank you for the recommendation!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

After ordering Monster Musume mangas on Amazon, they kept recommending PSE to me, so I ended up getting the first volume for the lulz. I'm glad you like it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Jobless Reincarnation, and she's a Bad Ass.
View All Quotes
What anime is the bottom pic from?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4AB922E1-8104-4716-8569-0FEB171EF3D9_jpe-1848425.JPG

Jobless Reincarnation, and she's a Bad Ass.

I would expect nothing less from the offspring of Keyaru and Setsuna.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2DCC0681-2546-4288-9262-2C997781C65B_jpe-1857504.JPG
View Quote

Phuck yeah!! I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barnbwt] [#32]
Finally got around to watching Demon Slayer.

I have never before wanted to see so many 'good guy' main characters die horribly.  Like...pretty much all of them, honestly.  Except for a couple perpetually mousey females, they all shout every single line, all the time, in every situation, regardless the emotion.  Even Goku used his inside voice when he wasn't fighting.

I'm not sure I get the wild appeal the show clearly has; seems a lot like warmed over Bleach with higher CG production values, poorer pacing, and a gore/horror level that is way out of whack with how childish the plot/characters/comic relief are.  Maybe I'm just old, now; I've mentioned before that humor in the newer anime shows just doesn't seem to work for me, anymore (too random, zany, and most jokes drag on way too long).

The main guy eventually developed into a respectable character, but spent way too long in the whiny bitch larval phase for me to ever root for him.  His dub actor still makes him sound like he's about to start crying (again) in every scene, even when he's being a bad ass.  Very reminiscent of Renton in Eureka 7.  And for some unknowable reason, the author saw fit to rob him of an epic victory at the climax of his first big fight arc, instead having a deus ex machina character save him from a snap-judgment loss to make him look as weak as ever even after all his incredible improvement.  Just so the audience knows he still needs to improve in Season 2?  Dumb.  Have these people never read heroic epics before?  It basically spoiled the entire mountain arc for me (ie half the series).

And that's before getting into how much the author has characters constantly tell you how they feel/why they act via inner monologue voice over, which is practically the definition of lazy fiction writing.  It's especially annoying when it's already really obvious by context  ("this is my sister, I love her." "I am in so much pain after being beaten half to death, I can barely move." )
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#33]
I was just reminded of something that really annoys me

Was catching up with Horimiya last night and while I realized what happened at the end of ep.7 it felt a bit awkward how they ended the episode

I thought hmmm so I rewatched the ending now but looked to see if they snuck something in after the ED song which they did

I’ve always hated that, I don’t generally watch EDs and I can’t stand that feeling that I mite miss little bits of content
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I was just reminded of something that really annoys me

Was catching up with Horimiya last night and while I realized what happened at the end of ep.7 it felt a bit awkward how they ended the episode

I thought hmmm so I rewatched the ending now but looked to see if they snuck something in after the ED song which they did

I've always hated that, I don't generally watch EDs and I can't stand that feeling that I mite miss little bits of content
View Quote

Or that the shows that sneak post ED content in often don't do so consistently. I've gotten to where I FF through all of them just in case.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Be quiet bitch!! lol
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
Be quiet bitch!! lol
View Quote

Right in front of the convince store.... savage
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#37]
TFW it’s Wednesday and you know that means a new episode of Redo of Healer.

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#38]

https://media1.tenor.com/images/164afa83a4a4566347cb6377827763d7/tenor.gif?itemid=20222209
View Quote

Yeah, but...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/164afa83a4a4566347cb6377827763d7/tenor.gif?itemid=20222209

Yeah, but...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/yuruclosed_jpg-1847891.JPG

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

Yeah, but...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/yuruclosed_jpg-1847891.JPG

https://media2.giphy.com/media/zZs5mIUOmW7eM/giphy.gif

It's still not YuruThursday.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#41]
It’s all about Wonder egg/Slime Tuesday guys come on
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#42]

My favorite slice of life you’ll love it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Starting Non Non Biyori.

My favorite slice of life you’ll love it

I enjoyed the first two seasons very much. On the current season now. Haven't watched any of the movies (I think there are a couple movies?).

Best girl is definitely Candy Store.

Though I laugh the hardest at every scene the brother is in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#43]
[     ]
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I enjoyed the first two seasons very much. On the current season now. Haven't watched any of the movies (I think there are a couple movies?).

Best girl is definitely Candy Store.

Though I laugh the hardest at every scene the brother is in.
View Quote

Candy store is a good choice definitely a cool character... if I had to choose I’d go Natsumi

Haha yeah I loved the scene in the first episode when the poor guy was standing in the floor
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#45]
So, if a 'Bull like' creature rapes a Demon like creature, do we still call it a "Rapey episode" ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#46]

So, if a 'Bull like' creature rapes a Demon like creature, do we still call it a "Rapey episode" ?
View Quote

They can't have the "rape show" go 3 straight episodes without any kind of rape.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#47]
It's hilarious how the only character on the show that gets easily flustered about anything sexual is a demon girl who becomes THE demon lord.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#48]
Attachment Attached File

Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

They are hitting quite a few sites, in the latest episode.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:29:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I just watched the first episode of Erased, and oof it was heavy (but very good).
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sturmgeist:
I just watched the first episode of Erased, and oof it was heavy (but very good).
View Quote

Reading the description it seems like everyone he knows either abandons him or gets murdered.
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 358 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top