Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seiran] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bacon_Grease] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe YOU didn't pick up on it but it was HEAVILY implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the VIEWER that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

For the record I have never read the manga or novels for this show and it wasn't hard to figure out.  I also have not watched season 2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

Um there was no sex scene in season one. Not even hinted at. Yes, they referred to each other as lovers, but nothing happened.

EDIT: Unless this was something very poorly translated from the mange/ light novel, which I don't read.

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe YOU didn't pick up on it but it was HEAVILY implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the VIEWER that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

For the record I have never read the manga or novels for this show and it wasn't hard to figure out.  I also have not watched season 2

concur.  

It's pretty heavily implied that Hajime and Yue have actually had sex and have a working physical relationship once they have left the labyrinth. The jealousy of the other girls basically comes from the knowledge that he is banging Yue and not everyone else (yet.. as I assume he will have to marry them all as is the custom with harem anime).

Also in the first episode of the second season this exchange happens

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Oh she totally mauled him in the hot tub That's pretty obvious so if he can't see it, yeah, he's not watching.
View Quote

Was definitely watching. I just didn't see it either time I watched it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Um there was no sex scene in season one. Not even hinted at. Yes, they referred to each other as lovers, but nothing happened.

EDIT: Unless this was something very poorly translated from the mange/ light novel, which I don't read.
View All Quotes

If anything that would be a season one spoiler considering they were doing it in the hidden mansion thing they found and when they resurfaced he always refers to her as his lover.

There was no death scene for Butch and Sundance either.  I guess you think they lived because it wasn’t shown?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe you didn't pick up on it but it was definitely implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the viewer that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

View All Quotes

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe you didn't pick up on it but it was definitely implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the viewer that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

Yeah, the anime made it pretty obvious.  I have no idea how anyone could claim to watch it multiple times and not see it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

There was no death scene for Butch and Sundance either.  I guess you think they lived because it wasn’t shown?
View All Quotes

If anything that would be a season one spoiler considering they were doing it in the hidden mansion thing they found and when they resurfaced he always refers to her as his lover.

Dammit, spoilers!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#8]
Oh she totally mauled him in the hot tub That's pretty obvious so if he can't see it, yeah, he's not watching.
View All Quotes

Some other possibilities.

- Having extreme ADD

- Having the deduction skills of a potato

- Being totally clueless about sex

Edit: for anyone else here I would assume they’d know I was just kidding and wouldn’t get triggered, but for Stitches I should probably clarify I’m just joking.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Dammit, spoilers!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Dammit, spoilers!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#10]
And the new episode is out!
Also new episodes of Jobless Reincarnation and Ousama Ranking.
Looks like a pizza and anime night.

And my apologies to Stitches, didn’t mean to break out spoilers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#11]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
And the new episode is out!
Also new episodes of Jobless Reincarnation and Ousama Ranking.
Looks like a pizza and anime night.

And my apologies to Stitches, didn’t mean to break out spoilers.
View Quote

I thought Mushoku Tensei was over until the next season?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I got all excited thinking there was a new episode of Mushoku Tensei but at least on Hulu there isn't.

Oh yeah and in Arifuerta he totally boned the loli.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]

I thought Mushoku Tensei was over until the next season?
View Quote

My mistake, I had my bookmarks set wrong and it showed up as a new episode.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.
View Quote

Not taking sides in the argument, but wanted to throw out the one example that immediately came to mind:

Luc Besson's Leon The Professional (1994) ~ "He's my lover..."
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:27:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#15]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Not taking sides in the argument, but wanted to throw out the one example that immediately came to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKfKY_W2bE
View All Quotes
I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.

Even if they aren't actually having sex, the implication by saying he's her "lover" is that they are since that's what it means and that's how the clerk took it.

Once you get past the "WTF did she just say" the scene is pretty funny.  Like why would she randomly say that?  Was she just bored and wanted to see him freak out?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Not only did I watch the new episode of Ranking of Kings before I watched the new episode of Arifureta (with both available), but I actually enjoyed the Ranking of Kings episode MORE.

If you would have said a couple of weeks ago I'd be posting that I would have said you were insane.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:32:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#17]

Even if they aren't actually having sex, the implication by saying he's her "lover" is that they are since that's what it means and that's how the clerk took it.

Once you get past the "WTF did she just say" the scene is pretty funny.  Like why would she randomly say that?  Was she just bored and wanted to see him freak out?
View Quote

How many lovers have you had HK?

I agree with you, if somebody asks that they aren’t asking about holding hands
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Not only did I watch the new episode of Ranking of Kings before I watched the new episode of Arifureta (with both available), but I actually enjoyed the Ranking of Kings episode MORE.

If you would have said a couple of weeks ago I'd be posting that I would have said you were insane.
View Quote

Interesting, I haven’t been enjoying this season of Arifuerta, maybe I’ll give Kings a second chance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#20]

View Quote

Well I stand corrected as never having heard it in a movie.  Not that it matters but it was probably a stupid thing of me to to say in the first place because all kinds of people use different terms in different ways.  In the particular instance of this show I still stand by the dialogue was meant to confirm that they are indeed lovers
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Interesting, I haven’t been enjoying this season of Arifuerta, maybe I’ll give Kings a second chance.
View All Quotes

Arifureta reminds me of How NOT To Summon A Demon Lord.  A very entertaining S1 that I rewatched several times with a very forgettable S2 that’s just okay.  I mean it’s still watchable, but I’m not exactly counting off the days until the next episode airs.

I went into Ranking of Kings actually wanting to NOT like it.  The premise seemed stupid and the art style looked horrible.  TBH, I was very tempted to quit 10 minutes into it, but I stuck it out and I am so glad I did.  I was intrigued by the end of E1 and hooked by the end of E3.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mort] [#22]

Arifureta is one the rare harem anime where I have no strong opinion on who best girl is.  All I know is it damn sure isn't Kaori.
View Quote
Myu is obviously best girl. If you read the afterstories, she is the boss of the demon lord.

My preference is Tio but she is very high maintenance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Yeah, the anime made it pretty obvious.  I have no idea how anyone could claim to watch it multiple times and not see it.
View Quote
In the books they spent months in the mansion at the bottom of the abyss training, building weapons and screwing.  Yue was jumping him every chance she could get, often without consent.  So yeah Yue earned her title as lover.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Bojji is one of the very few characters in any movie or anime that I’ve ever actually cared about.
Not on an Old Yeller level, but I do feel for him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Bojji is one of the very few characters in any movie or anime that I’ve ever actually cared about.
View All Quotes

I’m trying to think of the last time I had a “this child must be protected at all costs” feeling for a male anime character before Bojji and I can’t think of one off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

1) To 'flex' on the other girls
2) yes/possibly

I'm also of the "they didn't do it camp", their 'intimate relationship' could very well be based on her sucking his blood, anyways who cares, it plays the same either way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mort:
In the books they spent months in the mansion at the bottom of the abyss training, building weapons and screwing.  Yue was jumping him every chance she could get, often without consent.  So yeah Yue earned her title as lover.
View Quote

Because of this thread I went back and watched the scene at the mansion. She walks naked into the tub, says "All of me is yours" then he tries to leave and she says "You're not going anywhere" and naked tackles him. Later they say they are lovers.

Yeah it's pretty clear in the anime as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#28]
"Personality" |?Kitagawa Marin, Komi Shouko & Nagatoro Hayase?

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BB868:

2) yes/possibly

I'm also of the "they didn't do it camp", their 'intimate relationship' could very well be based on her sucking his blood, anyways who cares, it plays the same either way.
View All Quotes

2) yes/possibly

That post was in response to the Leon clip.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#31]
Alright I made it to the half way mark on episode 4 of Komi and mind you, this is my personal opinion, that show is whack. It's too strange for me and I'm currently loving Kemono Michi so that's saying something. As of late Netflix has these really weird anime and I can't get into them at all, if I didn't have my BIL's password I'd totally cancel the service

ETA Strange isn't a good word.. it's supposed to be a comedy about someone with crippling social anxiety and it's just odd, it's not funny, making fun of her psychoses isn't funny , the characters are all disagreeable and I'm going to stop before I make someone really mad
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Alright I made it to the half way mark on episode 4 of Komi and mind you, this is my personal opinion, that show is whack. It's too strange for me and I'm currently loving Kemono Michi so that's saying something. As of late Netflix has these really weird anime and I can't get into them at all, if I didn't have my BIL's password I'd totally cancel the service

ETA Strange isn't a good word.. it's supposed to be a comedy about someone with crippling social anxiety and it's just odd, it's not funny, making fun of her psychoses isn't funny , the characters are all disagreeable and I'm going to stop before I make someone really mad
View Quote

You actually watched the Netflix version?

Also Komi doesn’t suffer from psychoses so I’m not sure how anyone could be “making fun of her psychoses.”  Unless maybe you’re taking her happy cat ears as her literally seeing cat ears on herself and no one else can see them.  Though I can’t recall anyone making fun of her for it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Arifureta reminds me of How NOT To Summon A Demon Lord.  A very entertaining S1 that I rewatched several times with a very forgettable S2 that’s just okay.  I mean it’s still watchable, but I’m not exactly counting off the days until the next episode airs.

I went into Ranking of Kings actually wanting to NOT like it.  The premise seemed stupid and the art style looked horrible.  TBH, I was very tempted to quit 10 minutes into it, but I stuck it out and I am so glad I did.  I was intrigued by the end of E1 and hooked by the end of E3.
View Quote

Same. I couldn't finish S2 of "how not to summon a demon lord". Not sure what they did but this season of arifureta feels subpar compared to S1. Ranking of Kings has become one of my favorite shows even though the first time I watched it I didn't even finish the first episode. Now I'm just binge watching random shit while waiting for RoK to drop each week. I watched Grimoire of zero and kanojo mo kanajo next up is Fire Force and Vinland Saga.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By theleadfarmer1911:

Same. I couldn't finish S2 of "how not to summon a demon lord". Not sure what they did but this season of arifureta feels subpar compared to S1. Ranking of Kings has become one of my favorite shows even though the first time I watched it I didn't even finish the first episode. Now I'm just binge watching random shit while waiting for RoK to drop each week. I watched Grimoire of zero and kanojo mo kanajo next up is Fire Force and Vinland Saga.
View Quote

I just finished Grimoire of Zero and really enjoyed it.

Any recommendations for something similar? I'm still pretty new to the genre.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I haven't seen an anime with a bigger drop off in enjoyment level from S1 to S2 outside of The Promised Neverland.

I've been recommending that one as a "better than it has any right to be" anime for a while, but you must call it by it's proper title: Loli and the Beast.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

That was the first I've watch of the genre although I'm not sure what it is considered? I'm just trying to broaden my horizons and watch shows that aren't shitty isekais. I caught the first two episodes of odd taxi dubbed that crunchy roll dropped. It's not to bad and I don't mind the anthropomorphic animals but I can't shake the feeling that I'm watching an adult version of Zootopia.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Yeah, I haven't seen an anime with a bigger drop off in enjoyment level from S1 to S2 outside of The Promised Neverland.

I've been recommending that one as a "better than it has any right to be" anime for a while, but you must call it by it's proper title: Loli and the Beast.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/2d/de/6d2dde64520bc2fb6445cb9aded6f5cf.jpg

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PoliteWelcomeAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif
View Quote

Lol. Sucks that there won't be a season 2 though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:10:01 AM EDT
[#38]

That was the first I've watch of the genre although I'm not sure what it is considered? I'm just trying to broaden my horizons and watch shows that aren't shitty isekais. I caught the first two episodes of odd taxi dubbed that crunchy roll dropped. It's not to bad and I don't mind the anthropomorphic animals but I can't shake the feeling that I'm watching an adult version of Zootopia.
View All Quotes

So you are looking for fantasy adventure anime, hold the isekai, hold the awkward harem, with an extra helping of fight scenes?

Some options:
Full metal alchemist brotherhood
Goblin Slayer
Dimension W
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Hunter x Hunter and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are the two best anime with 60+ episodes, IMO.  If you haven’t seen one or both of those, I’d recommend starting there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#40]
So you are looking for fantasy adventure anime, hold the isekai, hold the awkward harem, with an extra helping of fight scenes?

Some options:
Goblin Slayer
Dimension W
View All Quotes

Some options:
Goblin Slayer
Dimension W

I'll springboard off of this.......

Big yes to Goblin Slayer. Did you watch Grimoire on HiDive ? cause you can click the 'you might like' tab, as there are several there that I'd also recommend--
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front:Babylonia
Gate
Is it Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon (all of it)

Show's airing this season that I'm watching (YMMV)--
Yashahime Princess Half-Demon
Fantasia Sango-Realm of Legends
Sabiki Bisco
Orient

A couple of resent shows--
Peach Boy and Back arrow.

I'd have to go through my viewing records to recommend any more, but that's a start, and should keep ya busy
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll give FMA and Dimension W a shot. I've already watched Goblin Slayer and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll give FMA and Dimension W a shot. I've already watched Goblin Slayer and enjoyed it.
View Quote

I use this to plan what to watch every season, I selected 'Fantasy' for you.

https://www.livechart.me/tags/10?category=tv&sort=anime.title&time_zone=America%2FNew_York&titles=english
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#43]

I'll springboard off of this.......

Big yes to Goblin Slayer. Did you watch Grimoire on HiDive ? cause you can click the 'you might like' tab, as there are several there that I'd also recommend--
Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front:Babylonia
Gate
Is it Wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon (all of it)

Show's airing this season that I'm watching (YMMV)--
Yashahime Princess Half-Demon
Fantasia Sango-Realm of Legends
Sabiki Bisco
Orient

A couple of resent shows--
Peach Boy and Back arrow.

I'd have to go through my viewing records to recommend any more, but that's a start, and should keep ya busy
View Quote

I've caught a couple episodes of Sabikui Bisco already and I'll check out the rest. Any opinion on Black Clover?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Hunter x Hunter and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are the two best anime with 60+ episodes, IMO.  If you haven’t seen one or both of those, I’d recommend starting there.
View Quote

Was Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood the revised version that came out later?

It was weird watching FMA in its entirety, and then watching the revised version later with plot changes and episodes in the wrong order.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#45]

I've caught a couple episodes of Sabikui Bisco already and I'll check out the rest. Any opinion on Black Clover?
View Quote

I'll jump in on this one.  I personally really like Black Clover but will be the first to admit it is not for everyone. Asta is very loud and obnoxious at first. He gets a lot better a few episodes in but some people can't get past it.  A lot of the characters have exaggerated personalities so it can be over the top at times. I recommend you watch about 6 episodes before you decide if you want to continue or not. I have watched it dubbed and subbed and I like both versions. Chris Sabat voices Captain Yami in the English dub so it's funny to hear Piccolo from DBZ saying the things Yami says.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#46]

It was weird watching FMA in its entirety, and then watching the revised version later with plot changes and episodes in the wrong order.
View All Quotes

Where those story lines diverge (FMA and Brotherhood) the anime had caught up with the manga and they got permission to go forward without source material in the direction they chose.
Brotherhood follows the manga in its entirety.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

Where those story lines diverge (FMA and Brotherhood) the anime had caught up with the manga and they got permission to go forward without source material in the direction they chose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

That's what I remember hearing, but wanted to make sure I had the details straight.

FMA (both versions) is definitely one of my favorite animes so far.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#48]

You actually watched the Netflix version?

https://c.tenor.com/viz1dqmsBxkAAAAC/joker-arthur.gif

Also Komi doesn’t suffer from psychoses so I’m not sure how anyone could be “making fun of her psychoses.”  Unless maybe you’re taking her happy cat ears as her literally seeing cat ears on herself and no one else can see them.  Though I can’t recall anyone making fun of her for it.
View Quote

Okay not a psychoses but a mental illness for sure and I'm not saying that the characters of the show are doing it but the creator is. Every episode starts off with some ramble about social anxiety and then they make gags about it. Oh she's so scared she's shaking but everyone thinks she's angry. Oh she's freaking out but were going to draw these weird eyes on her and what? Is it supposed to be funny? Endearing? I don't connect at all with the show or the characters and find them all unlikeable.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:48:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB868] [#49]

View Quote

One of my Fav's

Asta's 'yelling' can be off putting at first, but it get's better.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, now I actually want to see Flower Girl Blaze      
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 502 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top