User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 573 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I was steadily making my way through One Piece, but I stalled out on E83.  Ever since they arrived in that snow country I’ve found myself reluctant to start the next episode viewing it more as a chore rather than something to be enjoyed.  The plot is boring, the new characters suck, and the new big bad is incredibly underwhelming.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Nailed it!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nailed it!

Another good long one that let's you know exactly what is about

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where The Concept Of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:34:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#4]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

https://c.tenor.com/advVQly24v4AAAAC/shimoneta-to-iu-gainen-ga-sonzai-shinai-taikutsu-na-sekai-shimoneta.gif
View Quote

Thanks for mentioning that one! I remember seeing it mentioned before, but forgot to add it to the queue.

That image reminds me of Rudeus.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Thanks for mentioning that one! I remember seeing it mentioned before, but forgot to add it to the queue.
View All Quotes

https://c.tenor.com/advVQly24v4AAAAC/shimoneta-to-iu-gainen-ga-sonzai-shinai-taikutsu-na-sekai-shimoneta.gif

It's kind of like Psycho-Pass in a one aspect , but way less serious. And way more dirty

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
It's kind of like Psycho-Pass in a one aspect , but way less serious. And way more dirty

https://i.gifer.com/8RsT.gif
View All Quotes

https://i.gifer.com/8RsT.gif

Normally I just say ‘no’ to dubs - this one was a rare exception, simply because I intentionally wanted to immerse myself in the utterly juvenile ‘no naughty words left behind’ dialog.

That said, from what I remember of it (yeah, it really was that forgettable), the dub was executed extremely poorly. It sounded like the VAs were simply reading the script for the first time, devoid of character or interest, rather than putting in some effort and having fun with it. Maybe it was simply a case of poor casting (IIRC especially for the female MC with the potty mouth).

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Normally I just say ‘no’ to dubs - this one was a rare exception, simply because I intentionally wanted to immerse myself in the utterly juvenile ‘no naughty words left behind’ dialog.

That said, from what I remember of it (yeah, it really was that forgettable), the dub was executed extremely poorly. It sounded like the VAs were simply reading the script for the first time, devoid of character or interest, rather than putting in some effort and having fun with it. Maybe it was simply a case of poor casting (IIRC especially for the female MC with the potty mouth).

View Quote

I appreciate the insight.

Overall, I'm still very new to the anime world, and have yet to form any true bias for sub vs dub. I've been trying to compare the two, and so far it's honestly 50/50.

I'll check out both versions, if I have the time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:39:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#8]

Overall, I'm still very new to the anime world, and have yet to form any true bias for sub vs dub. I've been trying to compare the two, and so far it's honestly 50/50.

View All Quotes

Normally I just say 'no' to dubs - this one was a rare exception, simply because I intentionally wanted to immerse myself in the utterly juvenile 'no naughty words left behind' dialog.

It's all preference. I'm 50/50 as well.

I'll watch both versions. Sometimes the dub sucks, sometimes the sub sucks.

Sometimes they both suck and ruin the manga I read before hand like Deadman Wonderland
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 1:17:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#10]

Sometimes they both suck
and ruin the manga I read before hand like Deadman Wonderland
View All Quotes

Normally I just say 'no' to dubs - this one was a rare exception, simply because I intentionally wanted to immerse myself in the utterly juvenile 'no naughty words left behind' dialog.

Sometimes they both suck
and ruin the manga I read before hand like Deadman Wonderland

EXACTLY.

Sometimes the sub is good and the dub sucks, sometimes the dub is good and the sub sucks, sometimes they are both good, and sometimes they both suck.

I truly pity the "REEEEE, DUBS, REEEEEE" crowd and the "I refuse to watch anything that isn't in English" people.  It's like someone who claims to love meat refusing to even consider eating anything beef because they think pork is always better.  You miss out on a lot being that narrow-minded.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
In the past it would seem that the sub/dub penis fight would happen every 10-15 pages in this thread.  Now it seems to be happening every 2-5.

Can't we argue over something else for a while?  Like how giant anime tiddies are better than flat as a board anime tiddies?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mort:
In the past it would seem that the sub/dub penis fight would happen every 10-15 pages in this thread.  Now it seems to be happening every 2-5.

Can't we argue over something else for a while?  Like how giant anime tiddies are better than flat as a board anime tiddies?
View Quote
Depends on who the tiddies are attached to
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

#FlatIsJustice
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JPN:

#FlatIsJustice
View Quote
We can't argue if we all agree.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
I was steadily making my way through One Piece, but I stalled out on E83.  Ever since they arrived in that snow country I’ve found myself reluctant to start the next episode viewing it more as a chore rather than something to be enjoyed.  The plot is boring, the new characters suck, and the new big bad is incredibly underwhelming.
View Quote

That arc isn't that interesting. It was pretty much background noise.

The end gets better and there's an important story device included
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Oppai or noppai are good
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Oppai or noppai are good
View All Quotes

Oppai or noppai are good

I’m pretty equal opportunity, but…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Oppai or noppai are good

I'm pretty equal opportunity, but

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/3D9A1C21-CF06-4FCD-B16B-CFD5BC1749AE_jpe-2455431.JPG
As am I
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 6:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#27]
View All Quotes

Boobs all have their special place. Biguns look great in a shirt from cleavage, and small ones are a great surprise when the shirt comes off. Medium are both.

All in all, boobs are great
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View All Quotes

Speaking of One Piece: I don't get why the Straw Hats call themselves pirates considering, based on what I've seen so far, they don't act like pirates at all.  They just sail around from place to place helping people in need.  They're basically a humanitarian group.  They get none of the pros of being pirates while still getting all of the cons.  Hell, they even have MORE cons than most pirates because the people they want to help often are very reluctant to trust "pirates."
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#29]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Speaking of One Piece: I don't get why the Straw Hats call themselves pirates considering, based on what I've seen so far, they don't act like pirates at all.  They just sail around from place to place helping people in need.  They're basically a humanitarian group.  They get none of the pros of being pirates while still getting all of the cons.  Hell, they even have MORE cons than most pirates because the people they want to help often are very reluctant to trust "pirates."
View Quote

They do a little more piratey stuff later but it's the Golden Age of Piracy so it's more of a lifestyle than a career path.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#31]

They do a little more piratey stuff later but it's the Golden Age of Piracy so it's more of a lifestyle than a career path.
View All Quotes

But they clearly aren't "about that life" either.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#33]
[     ]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
it fucking sucks to get halfway through a season, realize that you kind of hate the show, but the sunk cost fallacy makes you finish it out

so then you finish the season and realize that it sucks, but there's a temptation to watch the following season
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#35]

On the other hand, let's look at these descriptive titles:

[i]Suppose a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town

Really long and specific anime names FTW!!!
View Quote

Most of the "Suppose" episode titles are longer than the name of the series.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Teen wrestling star Masque Du Pants from Heaven's Lost Property gave me the idea of looping a pair of panties over my ears for a covid mask, after writing STRETCHEN GRETCHEN on the crotch with a sharpie.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn’t want to quote Darkstar117’s post because its probably going to edited by a mod and I didn’t want to create more work by quoting it, but…

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I didn't want to quote Darkstar117's post because its probably going to edited by a mod and I didn't want to create more work by quoting it, but

https://i.imgur.com/6zeve8L.gif
View Quote
I will only respond with a song that describes my love of boobs

"Because Boobs" by Psychostick [OFFICIAL] - A boob song

Though I am also an ass and thigh guy
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By miklofromthebarrio:
it fucking sucks to get halfway through a season, realize that you kind of hate the show, but the sunk cost fallacy makes you finish it out

so then you finish the season and realize that it sucks, but there's a temptation to watch the following season
View Quote

To hell with that.  After I get past the first 2 or 3 episodes if I think an anime flat out sucks with little hope of getting better I’m out regardless of how much is left or how much time I’ve invested in it.   I have WAAAY too much on my watch list to waste time on an anime I know I hate.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcYlytyuKsc

View All Quotes
I didn't want to quote Darkstar117's post because its probably going to edited by a mod and I didn't want to create more work by quoting it, but

https://i.imgur.com/6zeve8L.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcYlytyuKsc

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Flat is still Justice
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

Flat is still Justice
View All Quotes

Flat is still Justice

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

They have a boat and hate the government.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#44]
I didn’t want to quote Darkstar117’s post because its probably going to edited by a mod and I didn’t want to create more work by quoting it, but…
View All Quotes

All of those have been posted in other GD threads and this thread before.

Flat is still Justice

Mille agrees.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I think there's more to being a pirate than simply having a boat and hating the government.

Though I gotta say, I don't get the impression they "hate" the government as a whole.  At least through E84 anyway.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Do they pay taxes? No? Pirates.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

All of those have been posted in other GD threads and this thread before.
View Quote

It really depends on which mods sees them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JVD:

Oppai is life
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 573 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top