Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny how men just do things that are expedient to them and don't care
what the next door Karen's think about it.

If it is a problem you bought a house in the wrong neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry but south FL does it too and its not a poor thing!!I moved from NJ and said the same thing why are they parking the car on the lawn..

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
GiGGled OP...
ArOcKin InBoUnD!!!

Richard Burst
123 Cuckistan Lane
AzzeX, Kenfucky 5318008
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
wait might be no fo on address....

See same name at 321 Brother Fucker Rd.

And Cousin MaMa Ln.

Shit....
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did ya ever noticed nobody ever fucks with the guy with cars parked on the front lawn, up on blocks, or that maybe has an engine block or rear end sitting in the front yard. Don't give 2 shits about property value,  and keeps all the blue state soi boi s from moving into the neighborhood.
View Quote

He works for the guy that owns the shop that does $20K a month, with a commercial building valued at over a million. Who happens to live in a $850K house with an HOA and owns a ranch where he can do whatever he wants.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#8]
It's so true! You can really tell what part of the city you're in when you start seeing cars parked where a lawn should be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why do rich people care where poor people park?
View Quote

LOL. Guilty tho.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why do rich people care where poor people park?
View Quote
Uhhhh...because it affects my property value?

Some of you guys need to actually think before you try to be edgy.

In my neighborhood, it's only a couple who live in houses that the absentee owner put on Section 8.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To keep the oil spots off the driveway?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Then there's the people with a nice garage too full of junk to park a car in it.

Never understood either behavior.
View Quote

Same. The super-poors leave everything they own in the front yard...car, grill, playhouse, etc. The regular poors just leave their cars in the front yard.

I thought I wasn't a fan of HOAs until my friend's neighborhood lost theirs. People started parking and leaving their lawn business trailers in the street, filling their garages up with crap and parking 5 cars outside. Little Home Depot buildings popped up in backyards, and I even saw some vehicles on jack stands/boats in the driveways. I like a clean neighborhood with no cars outside overnight, color-coordonated homes, and upkept community amenities.

When I find the right parcel of land I can just live on my own and not have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I live in one of the wealthiest suburbs in Seattle, almost everyone has a two or three car garage - and the driveways and front lawns are covered in cars. It's because their garages are crammed full with other junk and/or they are too lazy to pull in.

I really don't get it, I love having my car secure and dry in a garage. And I hate having to maneuver past all their cars in our narrow street.

One upside of the recent explosion of crime here is that people are moving their cars indoors to stop breakins.
View Quote

Same, I think I'm the only one in my neighborhood who can physically fit two cars in my garage.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:03:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In my neighborhood, it's only a couple who live in houses that the absentee owner put on Section 8.
View Quote

HOA Whore
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:06:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah the H jose'
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

God forbid I keep my Christmas Decorations up past New Years H Jose' Karen's will let me know how much I'm devaluing their 30 year mortgage Mc Manson
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#17]
My parents do this despite plenty of driveway space.

They're middle class with a very poor mentality. I'll never understand it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Same. The super-poors leave everything they own in the front yard...car, grill, playhouse, etc. The regular poors just leave their cars in the front yard.

I thought I wasn't a fan of HOAs until my friend's neighborhood lost theirs. People started parking and leaving their lawn business trailers in the street, filling their garages up with crap and parking 5 cars outside. Little Home Depot buildings popped up in backyards, and I even saw some vehicles on jack stands/boats in the driveways. I like a clean neighborhood with no cars outside overnight, color-coordonated homes, and upkept community amenities.

When I find the right parcel of land I can just live on my own and not have to worry about it.
View Quote

Bashes the poors. Doesnt own land.

Good luck finding your utopia, comrade.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:02:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Poor people aren't your problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:11:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Things that make you go hmmmmm.......
Yea, this ain't one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#21]
A couple possible reasons. Those who do so have very little yard or places to park. Less grass due to parking in the yard means less work cutting it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I park one car in the grass next to my driveway when I take my Porsche to work (single garage).  It's a shitty townhouse community where the greedy developers ended up building more houses instead of the planned parking, so street parking is at a premium.  I park in the grass despite having one of the longest driveways in the neighborhood so I don't have to play musical cars when coming home at 8am, and some unfortunate neighbor can park their car in the street instead.  If the HOA has a problem they can suck my dick from the back, they fucked owners like me by selling to investors who rented way way over the bylaws, then added a grandfather clause so I'll never be able to rent out this pile when we move.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#23]
why are the well off so uptight about grass
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#24]
We're members of the waterfront home master race. All our broke down vehicles and broken major appliances are on the lawn in our back yard along the road.

Joke's on you OP.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Poor people make poor choices, who would have thought.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about parking a truck in the front yard for 15 minutes to unload a piece of furniture or even the long term anchoring of non-running vehicles on the lawn. I'm referring to the parking of daily drivers in the front yard, often even when there is ample parking space in the driveway.

I've noticed that this phenomenon seems to transcend racial and geographic (although it seems to be highly prevalent in Texas) boundaries but the one thing they have in common is socioeconomic status.

On the other hand, I never see people of higher means park in their yards. Even the successful first generation immigrants do not do this.

View Quote

^
Because it's a rental and they don't give a crap and neither does the slum lord.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe a better question would be why are people who park in their front yard poor?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Higher class people take more pride in their beautiful yards and homes.  They’re also smart enough to know that parking on the grass looks like ass.

Poor people don’t know any better or just have no pride.
View Quote

Oh for fucks sake. "Higher class" does not equal wealthy....lower income does not equal lower class.

I know plenty of wealthy folks who are low class trash.

We live in a rural area and it is hit/miss. Our property is nice and well maintained. Nearest neighbor has every appliance they have ever owned out in the front yard. It is not my problem/business or concern. He is old, when he dies I might buy his place and tear it all down. Until then I mind my own business.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#30]
"Poor" people, or "trashy" people?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Why do you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#32]
i have a 32 acre farm and manicure at least 10 of it , i have no issue running the tractor over my front yard , if that makes me trashy then that makes you a pompous ass
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i have a 32 acre farm and manicure at least 10 of it , i have no issue running the tractor over my front yard , if that makes me trashy then that makes you a pompous ass
View Quote

What does running a tractor over the front yard have to do with this?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Doesn’t happen where I live..... but I would imagine the oil stain theory probably has something to do with it
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bashes the poors. Doesnt own land.

Good luck finding your utopia, comrade.
View Quote

We have 1800ac in South Texas.

Good try though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I remember my neighbor telling me growing up no one in his area had grass. He said back in the day people didn't have grass except rich people who could afford to have someone take care of it.  He is my age and I looked at him like he was but he said he grew up real poor in rural Alabama. Later I was chatting with someone else and they said the same thing, I said that must be an Alabama thing, they were like, "No, hardly anyone they knew growing up had grass in their yards."

I thought I had taken crazy pills.

No grass, not worrying where you parked I guess.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Like people that don’t use their garage. I will never understand that either.
View Quote

As a car guy, that one always blows my mind.

Likely the 2nd most expensive thing you own and your house has a room designed for it to live in where it would be safe from weather and thieves.
"Naah, we should fill that space with empty boxes and plastic crap and leave the cars outside".
It is understandable if you have a wood/machine shop or non car toys (boat, jetskis, motorcycles, UTV etc) in there but I have seen many of my neighbor's garage doors open and it is nothing but crap in there.

Where I live I never see people parked on the grass either at their homes or on the side of the road.
Just something that isn't done. Some of it may have to do with mentality.
In places like CA there are so many rules/laws that people are just conditioned that anything that isn't specifically permitted is prohibited.

When I have visited other states (Hawaii for example), it is kind of the opposite. There are no signs saying "don't park on the grass" so everybody does.
No parking in the beach parking lot? Park on the grassy shoulder of the road with everybody else. No room in the driveway? Park on the grass.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#38]
The correct answer is LAZY. They're just lazy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Poor people make poor choices, who would have thought.
View Quote

This. And lolz at all the butthurt from the guys who park their cars on their lawn in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I need cover, not concealment.
View Quote

You do?  Damn, you should consider a nicer neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Likely the 2nd most expensive thing you own and your house has a room designed for it to live in where it would be safe from weather and thieves.
"Naah, we should fill that space with empty boxes and plastic crap and leave the cars outside".
It is understandable if you have a wood/machine shop or non car toys (boat, jetskis, motorcycles, UTV etc) in there but I have seen many of my neighbor's garage doors open and it is nothing but crap in there.

Where I live I never see people parked on the grass either at their homes or on the side of the road.
In places like CA there are so many rules/laws that people are just conditioned that anything that isn't specifically permitted is prohibited.

When I have visited other states (Hawaii for example), it is kind of the opposite. There are no signs saying "don't park on the grass" so everybody does.
No parking in the beach parking lot? Park on the grassy shoulder of the road with everybody else. No room in the driveway? Park on the grass.

View Quote

The city I grew up in made a law restricting it. I think you couldn't take up more than 25% of your yard with a vehicle. One time in undergrad, I jumped a curb and parked on a hill that people parked on everyday due to severely limited parking. I got a ticket for that city ordinance. Of course, I brought an overhead map of the campus to the DA's office with the police report and picture of my truck in the spot to prove that the ticket was falsely issued as I took up probably 1/100th of all yard.

I specifically purchased a house with a 4 car garage because I'm also a car guy. I don't want to park a 75k+ investment outside. Even my ORV is inside, so that I can work on it. I eventually would like to restore an old Bronco and will use the extra bay for that (it's a pull through two and the other two are side by side).
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
From Adam Carolla's running joke, "Rich Man, Poor Man":

Multiple cars on the property.

Other examples include:
Being really into racing.
Outdoor shower.
Having a rapper as a neighbor.
View Quote

I had a outside shower when i was growing up in S California, but I was right on the beach so that might not count.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#43]
So they can sleep all day and the one working person supporting everyone can get in and out of the driveway
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Funny how men just do things that are expedient to them and don't care
what the next door Karen's think about it.

If it is a problem you bought a house in the wrong neighborhood.
View Quote

Priceless.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need cover, not concealment.

Yeah, maybe move to one of them upscale hoods where people like Larry Nassar, O.J., the Ramseys, or any of the names on Epstein’s flight log live.
That’s where all the classy people live.
I 100% without a doubt could afford to live in any mc mansion neighborhood I wanted to. But threads like these make me more thankful I’m very rural with land that I could burn a tire on if I wanted to and no one would complain.
I’d leave the new truck on the lawn tonight if is wasn’t for the fact my neighbor will be blasting mortars till 4am
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about parking a truck in the front yard for 15 minutes to unload a piece of furniture or even the long term anchoring of non-running vehicles on the lawn. I'm referring to the parking of daily drivers in the front yard, often even when there is ample parking space in the driveway.

I've noticed that this phenomenon seems to transcend racial and geographic (although it seems to be highly prevalent in Texas) boundaries but the one thing they have in common is socioeconomic status.

On the other hand, I never see people of higher means park in their yards. Even the successful first generation immigrants do not do this.

View Quote

The guy across the street from me parks his car across the walk coming out of his house, so the back half is in the driveway and the front in the yard...he walks about 5 feet from his door and gets in the car. Looks stupid but it works for him and his landlord doesn't care. Perhaps he needs to be prepared for a fast get away down here on Skid Row.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Too many roomates, not enough driveway?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The city I grew up in made a law restricting it. I think you couldn't take up more than 25% of your yard with a vehicle. One time in undergrad, I jumped a curb and parked on a hill that people parked on everyday due to severely limited parking. I got a ticket for that city ordinance. Of course, I brought an overhead map of the campus to the DA's office with the police report and picture of my truck in the spot to prove that the ticket was falsely issued as I took up probably 1/100th of all yard.

I specifically purchased a house with a 4 car garage because I'm also a car guy. I don't want to park a 75k+ investment outside. Even my ORV is inside, so that I can work on it. I eventually would like to restore an old Bronco and will use the extra bay for that (it's a pull through two and the other two are side by side).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy of mine has a similar garage layout.
His pull through has a lift in it for his drag car. Damn awesome setup. That extra opening really helps when he fires it up
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#49]
In my area, their cars are always parked in the street in front of their houses. Don't understand why they do that since they have driveways and at least a 1 car garage. At least they don't park in their front yards. I've lived in KY my entire life and never lived in an area where anyone did that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Stayin' outta deddy's way.  Deddy don't like it if he has to drive around cars hoggin' the gravel patch.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top