BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my VA DO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
most "chiro cause stroke" click bait articles are wrong. the chiro failed to diagnose a stroke as it was happening, and adjusted anyway. Then the symptoms got worse and it's easy to sue them and win at that point. Same with herniations. Something like 90% of people are walking around with them, mostly asymptomatically, but it's only after you get hurt and take the MR that you prove you had it. No films pre-chiro + make it mad + films after chiro = chiro caused. Not true but doesn't matter.

chiropractic malpractice insurance is cheaper than my car insurance because I'm more likely to injure someone driving than I am in the office, statistically.

Most chiros are sued (and lose) for either failure to diagnose like the stroke patients, or sexual assault (either through miscommunication or actually being a shitbird)
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know more people who've been seriously injured by Chiropractors, than people they've helped.

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

I have a fraternity brother who is a chiro. His dad was a chiro, his sister is a chiro. I love the guy but he was a C student at best in college and likely only got into chiropractic school because his family donated $$$$$$. He has offered to adjust me and I politely decline. Love him, but in this regard don't trust him. I've seen way too many people fucked up by these folks. I'm sure they help some people, but not for me.

Oh, and I'm certainly not calling one "Doctor." More likely to call Jill Biden Doctor first.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I must have gotten lucky with the ones I have visited.

Nothing but neck pain relief for me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Got some pain relief from "chiros" but I'm better off with a PT Doc for fitness and muscle balance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
How do they afford liability insurance? I have no interest in seeing one but seems like if they regularly did stuff like this they couldn't afford to keep their doors open.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How many "medical misadventures" by "real doctors" are swept under the rug?
View Quote
Now you are just trying to get this thread moved into that special forum.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Healthy 23 year old friend of my wife's right out of college went for an adjustment. Starting complaining of headache and neck pain. Dropped dead of a brain aneurism two days later. Coincidence?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
One quack nearly killed my nextdoor neighbor, twisted his neck and caused a stroke. Ask any real doctor, chiros are to be avoided like the plague.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

2/3 of the employees where I work go to the same Chiropractor.
When I found out he treats tendinitis I went to see him after years of no help from MD.
Chiro used a TENS on me, after a few visits I was better than I had been in years.

Chiro total cost for all visits was a couple hundred.  I spent thousands at Doctors that didn't help at all and just pushed drugs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know more people who've been seriously injured by Chiropractors, than people they've helped.

Chiros are quacks.

When I found out he treats tendinitis I went to see him after years of no help from MD.
Chiro used a TENS on me, after a few visits I was better than I had been in years.

Chiro total cost for all visits was a couple hundred.  I spent thousands at Doctors that didn't help at all and just pushed drugs.

A friend of ours is a ENT doc/surgeon.  He and his wife turned us on to TENS units for pain.  

You don't have to be a Chiropractor to be in tune with new and useful medical technology.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
never let them "crack" your neck.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No they are not.   Johns Hopkins study conducted in 2019 found out that mistakes and negligence by medical professional kill between 250,000 and 350,000 people each year in the US.  At the low end it is the third leading cause of death.  At the high end the it is the third leading  cause of death in the US.  They arrived at these numbers by merely looking at COD on hospital death certificates.  
View Quote

So, in other words, it was a flawed study.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
That sucks, but rare. Fun fact: Regular doctors accidentally kill more people than chiro's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That sucks, but rare. Fun fact: Regular doctors accidentally kill more people than chiro's.
View Quote

That would make sense as a lot more people see doctors vs chiros.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

That's interesting, because malpractice insurance for chiropractors is ridiculously lower than a medical doctor's insurance. I'm sure the insurance companies who crunched all the numbers and read all the statistics were wrong...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Chiro-quackers
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Only the ones not educated at Palmer.
View Quote
Lmao.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quackopractor put a friend of mine in a wheelchair for six months. They initially weren’t sure he would ever walk again.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you not see the difference here?

The medical profession requires professionals to operate to evidence-based standards.

Chiropractic starts with "manipulations" based on what feels good, and anything in chiropractic that is actually shown to be safe and effective can and will become a treatment employed by real medical professionals.

The former are considered to have conducted a "misadventure" if they deviate from what the profession teaches and it injures people. Procedures, techniques, drugs, etc. are constantly evaluated and can and do get prohibited or replaced as new evidence surfaces.

The latter injure people simply doing what the profession teaches them to do.

View Quote

Do you not understand that what you're saying is inaccurate, but clearly you aren't in the medical profession? Here's a newsflash - MD's refer patients to chiropractors all the time. MD's and PT's try to do physical manipulations, like chiropractors do, because IT WORKS. Chiropractors spend more time studying anatomy and physiology than a MD does. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading and studying Xray/Imagery...Like all professions, there are good folks and bad folks. Your statements above are a pretty interesting stance to take considering you have no idea what you're talking about and you're not well informed. Half of ARF GD probably haven't seen their d*ck in years because their belly gets in the way. I guess all the world class athletes that use chiropractors to prevent injury, resolve an issue and enhance performance know nothing about their bodies except that it "feels good"...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is what everyone who goes to chiro should seek out.  Once you have had muscle groups/out of alignment ribs & vertabrae correctly adjusted by a DO you will fully realize Chiro is a scam.  And a DO is actually a physician who can do everything else an MD can, unlike a Chiro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep being told that I should go to one, my neck is seriously fucked up, but I can and do regularly crack it myself. I trust myself not to break my own neck/back, but another person? Fuck no.

Also I don't believe that you can "realign" a neck or spine simply by popping it, it just provides some temporary relief for me when I do it myself. Otherwise I would have a perfect spine after doing it myself for over 15 years.
A DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is what everyone who goes to chiro should seek out.  Once you have had muscle groups/out of alignment ribs & vertabrae correctly adjusted by a DO you will fully realize Chiro is a scam.  And a DO is actually a physician who can do everything else an MD can, unlike a Chiro.
This.  DOs will get you all of the benefit of a chiropractor, plus the training and abilities of a MD.  

I'm not going to say all chiropractors are quacks, but the profession is full of them.  They quack ones are a nuisance to medical device suppliers, since they are constantly trying to order equipment that is out side of their scope of practice, in very unrelated to manipulation fields.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you not understand that what you're saying is inaccurate, but clearly you aren't in the medical profession? Here's a newsflash - MD's refer patients to chiropractors all the time. Chiropractors spend more time on anatomy and physiology than an MD does in school. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading Xray imagery...Like all professions, there are good folks and bad folks. Your generalization of an entire group of folks in a profession is a pretty interesting stance and clearly you're not well informed. Half go GD probably haven't seen their d*ck in years because their belly gets in the way. I guess all the world class athletes that use chiropractors to prevent injury, resolve an issue and enhance performance know nothing about their bodies except that it "feels good" and nothing else...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The medical profession requires professionals to operate to evidence-based standards.

Chiropractic starts with "manipulations" based on what feels good, and anything in chiropractic that is actually shown to be safe and effective can and will become a treatment employed by real medical professionals.

The former are considered to have conducted a "misadventure" if they deviate from what the profession teaches and it injures people. Procedures, techniques, drugs, etc. are constantly evaluated and can and do get prohibited or replaced as new evidence surfaces.

Do you not understand that what you're saying is inaccurate, but clearly you aren't in the medical profession? Here's a newsflash - MD's refer patients to chiropractors all the time. Chiropractors spend more time on anatomy and physiology than an MD does in school. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading Xray imagery...Like all professions, there are good folks and bad folks. Your generalization of an entire group of folks in a profession is a pretty interesting stance and clearly you're not well informed. Half go GD probably haven't seen their d*ck in years because their belly gets in the way. I guess all the world class athletes that use chiropractors to prevent injury, resolve an issue and enhance performance know nothing about their bodies except that it "feels good" and nothing else...

I'm talking about the profession, yes.

What does the profession teach about these neck manipulations?

What evidence exists to support them?

How does the profession react to cases like in the OP?

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#23]
My Mom HATED "chiro-quackers". Her mother kept going to one and giving him her money until the stomach cancer that was the actual problem killed her.

Quoted:
View Quote

My PCP is a DO and he's great. He's done a couple very minor manipulations on me but mostly advised me on exercises. Hope he doesn't leave the area since he's 20 years younger than me.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

having worked in OR's. i have seen a few.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do you not understand that what you're saying is inaccurate, but clearly you aren't in the medical profession? Here's a newsflash - MD's refer patients to chiropractors all the time. MD's and PT's try to do physical manipulations, like chiropractors do, because IT WORKS. Chiropractors spend more time studying anatomy and physiology than a MD does. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading and studying Xray/Imagery...Like all professions, there are good folks and bad folks. Your statements above are a pretty interesting stance to take considering you have no idea what you're talking about and you're not well informed. Half of ARF GD probably haven't seen their d*ck in years because their belly gets in the way. I guess all the world class athletes that use chiropractors to prevent injury, resolve an issue and enhance performance know nothing about their bodies except that it "feels good"...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your general practioner refers you to a radiologist for an x-ray or MRI, then reads the radiologist's report.

Chiropractor: hold my beer, I've got this.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#27]
When the basis for your field is the advice of a ghost summoned in Davenport Iowa, something bad is eventually going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More people see MDs than chiros
More MDs than chiros
More acute/traumatic conditions treated by MDs than chiros

In other words, greater chance of dying with a regular MD than a chiro because of conditions being treated, but chiros often create medical issues rather than solving them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Oof, chiro chick is absolute perfection. I’d risk it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Your general practioner refers you to a radiologist for an x-ray or MRI, then reads the radiologist's report.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I have about 8-10 MRIs and CTs combined each year. I concur that very few doctors who order them actually read them, they read the radiologist's report because scrutinizing complex imaging is a very specialized skill. My oncologist, woman in her 70s at Sloan Kettering, is one of the few doctors I know who scrutinizes the scan results to verify everything the radiologist reports, and she has been known to see things they don't. she is also one of the world's foremost authorities on the cancers she treats and has written the standard of care as well as invented numerous groundbreaking treatment protocols.

The line that chiropractors are more expert than MDs always makes me chuckle. Question for the audience, are chiropractors required to complete a residency upon graduation or can they just go out and practice. The answer to that is quite telling.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife was a staunch defender of chiropractors right up until hers ruptured two discs in her neck.

Quacks. Every fucking one of them.

"Doctor of chiropractic" my ass.

More like "Doctor of too fucking stupid to get in to med school. "
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Paint with a broad brush much? Just like docs, lawyers, etc, there are dip shits in every discipline.  Look at Joebama. Graduated at the bottom of his class, and he's running the cuntry.

I've run into so many dizzy fuckers with "MD" behind their names than I care to count.
View Quote
Fine fine, we will narrow the brush a little bit... 95% of Chiroquackters give the other 5% a bad name.  

I used to do work for a few Chiro offices (business cards, letterhead, etc.) and they were all crazy, I wouldn't let one of them fix my lunch, let alone re-align my spine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I would rather have an appointment with Dr. Kevorkian than live like that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I go to one about once a month for my lower back.  He's got a table that flexes at your waist, while laying on your stomach, he can put his palm on each vertebra while flexing the table down.  It stretches the muscles in your lower back and helps me a ton.  There's no big pops or twisting, just stretching muscles that aren't easy to stretch.

I've got one of the TENS units at home, it's helpful when my lower back is pissed off.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Go start a thread about it.  This one is about Chiropractors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go start a thread about it.  This one is about Chiropractors.

New guy playing hall monitor, bold strategy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tons.

That's hardly the point, though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Chiro defender here (good ones anyway).  My back is 12 kinds of fucked, with 4-5 discs so bad I've had a bunch of x-ray techs ask if I've been in some kind of industrial accident.  Spinal decompression and manipulation have relieved my symptoms and pain going on 10 years now.  My appointments are irregular, and only when stuff flares up.  But I also don't let her do high velocity neck adjustments.  

Trust me or don't.  Call me an idiot or don't.  I don't really give a fuck.  I CAN tell you that she's helped relieve my symptoms and improve my mobility far better than my regular doc ever did.

*shrug*
View Quote

I know several people who have achieved significant relief from pain using a chiro.

Their chiros seem to be more evidence based and don't believe some of the woo-woo bullshit about chiro curing cancer and the like.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
never let them "crack" your neck.
View Quote

I talked to a neurologist once at a class about chiros.

He said that if a massage makes you feel good, do you.

But never let them do anything to your neck.

Seemed like good advice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#39]
If you have a joint dislocated and needs 'adjusted' or popped back in you would be in such crippling agony that you wouldn't be able to walk into a chiropractor's office if you had a dislocated vertebrae. You wouldn't drive there you would be in an ambulance.

9 times out of 10 you have joint inflammation/herniated disk, degenerative disk disease or muscle tension none of which is going to be helped by cracking the joint any more that cracking your knuckles will fix arthritis in your hands.

Many people 'believe' in chiropractors because they experience a placebo effect.Yup the pain got better after a few days or a week after the 'adjustment' (it would have anyway). It's a junk medical profession.

This is why for decades most insurance would not cover it and the medical profession discounted it as quackery. But overtime starting about 40 or 50 years ago enough people demanded it and made it 'legit'.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Go fly out and see this man.

Fit Houston Woman Gets Whole Body Adjusted At Advanced Chiropractic Relief
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm talking about the profession, yes.

What does the profession teach about these neck manipulations?

What evidence exists to support them?

How does the profession react to cases like in the OP?

View Quote

How does the medical profession react to all of their cases which far outnumber any issues caused by chiropractic? I have already given data that medical doctors pay a substantially higher malpractice insurance rate. That alone is enough to discredit all the bullshit spoken in this thread by all the ARF medical experts. Anyone who has commented on this thread that doesn't have a degree in engineering/physics, has not taken any A&P, is not in the medical field, or has never seen a chiropractor before should go back to suckling the Cheeto dust off of their little sausage fingers.

Neck manipulations? Oh you mean cervical spinal manipulations? Yeah those are (proven) safe and effective and covered by insurance, even Medicare.

What evidence exists?

Chiropractic care is not only effective, but remarkably safe. A New Zealand government study, found the treatment given by a doctor of chiropractic is safe and more efficient than other surgery and drugs. The Chiropractic adjustments are 100 times safer than over the counter drugs or medications for the same types of pain.
Research has shown spinal adjustments and musculoskeletal adjustments to be the most effective treatment in chiropractic patients for numerous conditions including: sciatica, back pain, vertigo, migraine headaches, carpal tunnel, TMJ , insomnia, numbness / tingling, athletic injuries, fibromyalgia and neck pain. This is because spinal adjustments correct many of the structural, biomechanical and neurological abnormalities of the spine, which cause or contribute to a high number of back, neck and other non-spinal ailments.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I see the chiro once a week. Been doing that for over 10 years, no medical issues caused by adjustments so far.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Oh hey Kharn. You mind translating your response...?

Here I copied and pasted this over again and made it bold incase you missed it or that highly relevant information slipped your mind prior to typing out your response:

Chiropractors spend more time studying anatomy and physiology than a MD does. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading and studying Xray/Imagery...

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
More common than you would think. When my sister was an intern at Baylor’s rehab center she had 2 patients who had been severely fucked up by Chiropractors.
View Quote

Yikes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

More MDs than chiros

In other words, greater chance of dying with a regular MD than a chiro because of conditions being treated, but chiros often create medical issues rather than solving them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More MDs than chiros

I like that you said "with" instead of "because of".  It's pretty clear that a whole lot of members have an anti-MD bias.  If not an outright agenda.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#46]
First off well over half the medical profession are quacks and even larger number of them are horrible at what they do.  Virtually all of them are whores as their behavior in the plandemic highlighted.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh hey Kharn. You mind translating your response...?

Here I copied and pasted this over again and made it bold incase you missed it or that highly relevant information slipped your mind prior to typing out your response:

Chiropractors spend more time studying anatomy and physiology than a MD does. They also have substantially more time in their formal education reading and studying Xray/Imagery...

View Quote

LOL.

The admittance standard for the chiro schools is whether you can afford the tuition.  2 friends of mine, good guys, graduated with their BS and could find no work.  They cut a check for chiro school and now they're both out in the wild.  I like the hell out of them, but it'll be a cold fucking day before I let either crack my neck or back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chiros are quacks.

So he did something that every physical therapist does?   TENS devices are common in physical therapy and regular doctors offices.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#49]
chiropractors are nothing more than massage therapists that insist on being called a doctor
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's a reason to avoid unnecessary procedures/drugs rather than one to justify visiting other high risk practitioners.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a reason to avoid unnecessary procedures/drugs rather than one to justify visiting other high risk practitioners.

Avoid all elective procedures. Stay away from quacks and sawbones alike.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top