BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd carry an MG42, MG3, or a PKM. I'm not picky.
View Quote

In a golf bag, right?

"FEED ME THAT BELT, MANDRAKE!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

What's up with that rate of fire?

The GG is best suppressed; as a loud SMG it's really not that impressive compared to the other options out there (even in 45acp, these days)
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I would.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, if it was 100% legal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It just occurred to me; wtf did he have a Ruger and not an HK that day?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The self defense shootings using NFA stuff that I'm aware of were Harry Becwith's multiple incidents down here in Micanopy.
There was also the HK employee (Gary Fadden) with the Ruger AC-556 in 1984.

He had the Ruger to evaluate it and compare it to similar HK products.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In a golf bag, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd carry an MG42, MG3, or a PKM. I'm not picky.

In a golf bag, right?

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]

This is the answer. Just shot a full auto P90 last week. That trigger takes some getting used to.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a SOT, I routinely carry an automatic Glock (that I got at auction and form 2d) that I practice quite a bit with. And a disposable M4 that is select fire. The trigger is worth more than the rest of the postie.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/29456/A86EDEE4-3E4F-4B1F-A23D-3B750D0FE82B_jpe-1600255.JPG
View Quote
That M4 looks rose hard and put up wet. I love it. Nothing like seeing an old, beat up, abused rifle that runs better than all the safe queens flaunted on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they were reasonably accessible, sure.
"Better to have it and not need it..."

I'll take a G18 chopped to accept g19 mags.  Thanks.
View Quote

Never shot a full auto Glock huh? That little G19 mag would last all of 3/4 of a second.

ETA:During all the riots this year I did toss my MP5 posty in the truck with 4 loaded mags. For those that say a full auto Glock is hard to control, it can be until you learn the proper way to hold it. I re qualified with mine on FA for my CCW re certification.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
MP5K-PDW go BRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I would keep it on semi or three round but if they all charged at once ....
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The self defense shootings using NFA stuff that I'm aware of were Harry Becwith's multiple incidents down here in Micanopy.
There was also the HK employee (Gary Fadden) with the Ruger AC-556 in 1984.

Yeah, but why the fuck was that necessary?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's up with that rate of fire?

The GG is best suppressed; as a loud SMG it's really not that impressive compared to the other options out there (even in 45acp, these days)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOKhLi8xj4
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, absolutely I would if they were priced and transferred like regular guns.  I wouldn't carry a currently NFA regulated weapon.  Too much money to risk to the evidence locker while they decide if it was self defense or not.  And for truly portable options, there aren't many transferable MG's that would do, given that the most advanced ones are 80's technology.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never shot a full auto Glock huh? That little G19 mag would last all of 3/4 of a second.

ETA:During all the riots this year I did toss my MP5 posty in the truck with 4 loaded mags. For those that say a full auto Glock is hard to control, it can be until you learn the proper way to hold it. I re qualified with mine on FA for my CCW re certification.
View Quote

Idk why but that would be absolutely hilarious if you showed up to a public CCW class with a full auto glock lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I routinely take my M4 on road trips.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd prefer semi-automatic. Maybe a select fire but I'd have it set to semi.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I plan on showing up to a practical pistol match with a glock converted to an mg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Idk why but that would be absolutely hilarious if you showed up to a public CCW class with a full auto glock lol.

I plan on showing up to a practical pistol match with a glock converted to an mg.

I wanted to shoot IPSC with mine and they said it wasn't an appropriate gun. I mean WTF? Oh just because I can double tap faster than any of them with out even trying?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Say it's easy to replace.
View Quote

Then probably.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Select-fire? Unequivocally yes.

Safe/full? Depending on the RPM - also yes.
View Quote

This

A micro Uzi with a stock and somehow have its rate back down to 700 and that's what I would have.

Only if the NFA was gone though
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#23]
This is where a MAT-49 would shine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I first got into MG's in the early 90's.  Back then a NIB M11/9 was about $500.00.  I used to carry mine in my truck all of the time.  Sometimes I would substitute the Sterling.  I just threw the M11/9 up on the dash to keep it in the open & legal.  I even contemplated making a mount to carry it on the door panel.  But as the value of MG's skyrocketed, I stopped carrying any MG as truck gun.

Without today's current legislation making them very expensive & difficult to replace.  Sure I would carry one in the truck, etc.  On my person, I would still carry a pistol.  Unless I had a Glock 18 or something that was truly pistol sized & portable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Who in their right mind wouldn't? Glock 18 EDC would be ideal.

Repeal the NFA for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is the answer. Just shot a full auto P90 last week. That trigger takes some getting used to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The trigger is awful.

I straight up did not like the P90. It was the only FA gun I didn’t like.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
@OLIAR15 has the best toys
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This

A micro Uzi with a stock and somehow have its rate back down to 700 and that's what I would have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Select-fire? Unequivocally yes.

Safe/full? Depending on the RPM - also yes.

This

Doable with a tungsten bolt.

There's a fellow making them for the MAC M11/M10 I believe. Technically making one for the closed bolt Micro wouldn't be an issue whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, old school 32ACP Scorpion!
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I first got into MG's in the early 90's.  Back then a NIB M11/9 was about $500.00.  I used to carry mine in my truck all of the time.  Sometimes I would substitute the Sterling.  I just threw the M11/9 up on the dash to keep it in the open & legal.  I even contemplated making a mount to carry it on the door panel.  But as the value of MG's skyrocketed, I stopped carrying any MG as truck gun.

Without today's current legislation making them very expensive & difficult to replace.  Sure I would carry one in the truck, etc.  On my person, I would still carry a pistol.  Unless I had a Glock 18 or something that was truly pistol sized & portable.
View Quote

If anyone wants to know what the true intent of 922(o) was - here it is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd only hesitate to carry a MG due to the financials.  Not an SOT, so if I had one (which I don't ), it'd be some expensive transferable item.  What's your life worth, I know, but for everyday self-defense the risk of losing the investment is extremely high.

Looking at a Form 2, there are restrictions listed on there for MGs for government use or export only would make me leery of carrying a self-made one as an SOT since that's a federal charge waiting for some "special prosecutor" to fuck your life up with.

If we didn't live in this 'tarded post-86 world, I'd probably pack an MP5K-PDW in a shoulder rig.  So absolutely I'd carry one if the government didn't make a) hard, b) outrageously expensive, and c) legally treacherous.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top