Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unbelievable how many cop haters are on this board. I did twenty years as a Fed LEO and now I carry under LEOSA. I went through plenty of firearms training in my career and that is more than sufficient to carry concealed now. You people need to get over your hatred/jealousy and move onto bitching about something else for a change. Good lord enough is enough. ??
View Quote

This x87!

OP I'm sorry about your poor career choice
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've always been of the opinion that police, local, state, and fed should have to comply with all firearms laws the same as anyone else.

If they're to be allowed use or access to anything "special" like SBR, SMG, FA, etc. Whatever legal mechanism allows it should be available to anyone. If there's a training requirement, then I should, as a law abiding citizen, be able to do the same training and have the same access.

Same goes for national CCW reciprocity.

View Quote

I'm here.

If "weapons of war don't belong on our streets" then they don't belong in a police unit, either.

If "high-capacity magazines are only designed to kill large amounts of people" then LEOs don't need them.

I personally don't believe either of these things are true, and that it's all political bullshit--but it's time for LE to have skin in the game, too.

No more carve-outs.  No more more equal pigs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
TN just passed constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When you put a target on your back, making enemies of people that you have arrested or ticketed where some went to prison.  Making life long enemies of people, that might seek revenge.  Get back to me about why a Leo might choose  to carry a weapon around.

I’m not saying that national reciprocity shouldn’t be a given.  But don’t equate the two as some sort of us vs them.
View Quote

You don't see that this is the case?

You get a lot of enemies following you around the country, necessitating LEOSA?  Get out of here with that bullshit argument.  It IS "us vs them".

"I'm a cop--only I have enemies."  

"I'm the only one professional enough..."

No.

No more carve-outs, period.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just want equal protection under the law.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unbelievable how many cop haters are on this board. I did twenty years as a Fed LEO and now I carry under LEOSA. I went through plenty of firearms training in my career and that is more than sufficient to carry concealed now. You people need to get over your hatred/jealousy and move onto bitching about something else for a change. Good lord enough is enough. ??
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm here.

If "weapons of war don't belong on our streets" then they don't belong in a police unit, either.

If "high-capacity magazines are only designed to kill large amounts of people" then LEOs don't need them.

I personally don't believe either of these things are true, and that it's all political bullshit--but it's time for LE to have skin in the game, too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always been of the opinion that police, local, state, and fed should have to comply with all firearms laws the same as anyone else.

If they're to be allowed use or access to anything "special" like SBR, SMG, FA, etc. Whatever legal mechanism allows it should be available to anyone. If there's a training requirement, then I should, as a law abiding citizen, be able to do the same training and have the same access.

I'm here.

And every cop I know agrees with you up until the part in red. I love my community. If it wasn't for them I could not do my job and I can not serve my community with a staunch constitutional morality if they do not have my back. We have to figure out a way to work together and coincide together, but the more my community turns their backs on me and my guys, the more I see the ONE political side who should be in the side of law and order, the more I find I have absolutely zero allies when all my guys and I try to do is do the job to the very best of our ability, the more I'm tempted to say fuck it and leave. Let someone else do this job in my stead, and because me and my kind are a dying breed, I will be replaced by others who absolutely will put boots to necks just like GD thinks we strive to do all day. You will get a police force who absolutely doesn't care about your rights and those of us who once did, will sit back and watch the world burn
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, look we found a special one! Standard post for him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Every cop I personally know wouldn't bat an eye if permitless carry was a thing and the NFA wasn't. Hell my boss works hand in hand with our local militia and they host all their meetings at the office

There are absolutely staunch constitutional cops out there, but the less support we have the more we say fuck it and leave. GD will absolutely wind up with its nightmare of a police force and the ACAB bullshit is what will cause it.
View Quote

Find a single post of mine where I disparage LE.  I'm a supporter of law enforcement, have been my whole life.
It doesn't make me a cop hater to point out unequal distribution of rights among the citizenry, or to shine a light on hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Civilians don't have National Reciprocity because they didn't get off their collective asses and push for it when it lost by two votes, twice.

It rests squarely on them, no one else.

At the time, 800K LE, over 50M+ civilian gun owners.

View Quote

It's cute that you think those 2 votes gave one fuck whatsoever what is "civilian gun owners" wanted.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree with you OP. 100%
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
HR218 requires annual recertification / shooting qualification.  The permit doesn't bypass background checks for purchases.

Civilian CCW requires recertification after 5 years, no annual qualifications.  Many states allow the ccw to bypass the background check for purchases.

21 states have constitutional carry.

The disparity of means to exercise one's 2A rights doesn't require stripping allies of privileges.

Maybe the sides aren't allied.

Envy is a deadly sin.

View Quote

...and pride is the first.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Find a single post of mine where I disparage LE.  I'm a supporter of law enforcement, have been my whole life.
It doesn't make me a cop hater to point out unequal distribution of rights among the citizenry, or to shine a light on hypocrisy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every cop I personally know wouldn't bat an eye if permitless carry was a thing and the NFA wasn't. Hell my boss works hand in hand with our local militia and they host all their meetings at the office

There are absolutely staunch constitutional cops out there, but the less support we have the more we say fuck it and leave. GD will absolutely wind up with its nightmare of a police force and the ACAB bullshit is what will cause it.

I totally agree. Hell man, you bought my first membership here because I was LE if I remember right
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How long did that take you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A buddy of mine I worked with had to get his ccw when he became a cop to carry in other cities off duty.

I always thought cops didn't need a ccw permit.

Some departments did that as a way to limit their liability if a cop got into an off duty shooting out side of their city limits.

Certain departments have some of the most goofy policies that have nothing to do with case law or state law.

ETA: One department only allows an officer to qualify with two pistols in any given year.

Mine required me to qual with every pistol I own. Even if I had no intentions to carry it on duty. Along with some other departments.

Lots of officers got CCW permits to avoid these issues for off duty carry or out of state carry.

How long did that take you?

CA CCW is this way now.  Must qualify with every weapon on your license (CA CCW only allows carrying of weapon on license, not a generic 'can carry').

Not as bad or as long as you'd think.  I'm limited to three, and I can qualify with all three in 15 mins.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

DEA Agent shoots himself in the foot.

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And every cop I know agrees with you up until the part in red. I love my community. If it wasn't for them I could not do my job and I can not serve my community with a staunch constitutional morality if they do not have my back. We have to figure out a way to work together and coincide together, but the more my community turns their backs on me and my guys, the more I see the ONE political side who should be in the side of law and order, the more I find I have absolutely zero allies when all my guys and I try to do is do the job to the very best of our ability, the more I'm tempted to say fuck it and leave. Let someone else do this job in my stead, and because me and my kind are a dying breed, I will be replaced by others who absolutely will put boots to necks just like GD thinks we strive to do all day. You will get a police force who absolutely doesn't care about your rights and those of us who once did, will sit back and watch the world burn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm here.

It's important for me to point out that "pigs" was an Animal Farm reference--not a slander against LEO.  I hope you didn't take it that way.
...and I agree with everything in your post, which was well-written.

I chafe under the assumption that I am not entitled to the same Constitutional rights as LEOs due to my poor choice in careers.  
I gave my life to the military, and have worked for national defense--nonstop--since I was 18.  I'm 54...but not good enough.  "Poor job choice."
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I totally agree. Hell man, you bought my first membership here because I was LE if I remember right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm way cool.  

(shrug)--I like cops.  I've never had a bad experience with them.  I've never met a bad one.  
When I was trying to get my CCW, LEOs on this board gave me fantastic insight into the process and were instrumental in my approval.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:55:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Repealing the 19th Amendment would contribute more to healing the Nation than telling fat former LEO's they aren't special.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#22]
(quick edit up there...I hope nobody saw that!)
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
With the whole defund the police nonsense and the obvious eventual goal of federalizing local policing and cramming it full of freaks and commie bootlickers, it should be pretty obvious what the real intent was behind laws like this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:17:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I sure wouldn't be against it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn that’s a tough one

I say do not repeal the law! Don’t get me wrong I hate the concept especially as someone who can’t get a permit

I don’t think police officers should get special treatment BUT all this would do is take guns from peoples pockets which is where they belong

While it doesn’t take long to find examples of bad/stupid cops it’s safe to say that for the majority of officers it’s a good thing that they are carrying for their families or any would be victim that’s near by

If I had my way anyone could go in a hardware store buy a gun and slap it in their pocket so I’m not going to vote to repeal this bill in a spiteful manner
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
National Reciprocity failed twice under George Bush guidance by two republican votes both times it came up in the senate.

Not having that law passed is a result of apathetic gun owners.

Of which the majority of the members here opposed National Reciprocity when it came up those times.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm way cool.  

(shrug)--I like cops.  I've never had a bad experience with them.  I've never met a bad one.  
When I was trying to get my CCW, LEOs on this board gave me fantastic insight into the process and were instrumental in my approval.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm way cool.  

IMO, the requirement to even need a ccw is an infringement. In 11 years of doing this. I've still never charged someone for carrying without one
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Damn that’s a tough one

I say do not repeal the law! Don’t get me wrong I hate the concept especially as someone who can’t get a permit

I don’t think police officers should get special treatment BUT all this would do is take guns from peoples pockets which is where they belong

While it doesn’t take long to find examples of bad/stupid cops it’s safe to say that for the majority of officers it’s a good thing that they are carrying for their families or any would be victim that’s near by

If I had my way anyone could go in a hardware store buy a gun and slap it in their pocket so I’m not going to vote to repeal this bill in a spiteful manner
View Quote

exactly.  This is the equivalent of gun owners in NY or CA demanding people in free states lose their magazines or guns.  After all, not everyone is equal...
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
With the whole defund the police nonsense and the obvious eventual goal of federalizing local policing and cramming it full of freaks and commie bootlickers, it should be pretty obvious what the real intent was behind laws like this.
View Quote

This law passed in 2004 under GWB
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#30]
NO
Next question
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Lotta salty tears in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

exactly.  This is the equivalent of gun owners in NY or CA demanding people in free states lose their magazines or guns.  After all, no everyone is equal...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn that’s a tough one

exactly.  This is the equivalent of gun owners in NY or CA demanding people in free states lose their magazines or guns.  After all, no everyone is equal...

This.

It all boils down to petty jealousy. If I can’t do something then no one should be able to do something. Guess what buttercup? Life isn’t fair.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#33]

That dude is a good cop and has done a lot to gain the trust of the community.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Repealing the 19th Amendment would contribute more to healing the Nation than telling fat former LEO's they aren't special.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

This.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.

It all boils down to petty jealousy. If I can’t do something then no one should be able to do something. Guess what buttercup? Life isn’t fair.
View Quote

Alright, the next time cops are under attack and under scrutiny by protestors and rioters ill remember life isn’t fair and that y’all should just deal with it LOL
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't care for what it smacks of but I'm not going to begrudge cops of it.....More people CCing is always a good thing.

That said I was never for national reciprocity.....It just seemed like it was something to enable the feds to get their nose under the state's rights tent in a Darth Vader type of way.

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Alright, the next time cops are under attack and under scrutiny by protestors and rioters ill remember life isn’t fair and that y’all should just deal with it LOL
View Quote

I think this is fair for anyone who joined the force in the last 2 years
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote

I don't know what flavor of sherbert you get with your pills but permission to carry is far from a reason to be jealous of armed unskilled labor.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't know what flavor of sherbert you get with your pills but permission to carry is far from a reason to be jealous of armed unskilled labor.
View Quote

lol nice burner account.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Perhaps not in this thread, but there are pro-gun control cops on this board.  I can tell you one by name that thinks the NFA is good law.  
View Quote

There are more pro gun control non LEOs here than cops
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#42]
An ex police officer I know changed careers from LEO to oil refinery operator.  Some coworkers invited him to have a couple of beers after work and he arrived at the bar before they did.  An ex con that he’d arrested several years earlier was in there and recognized him.  Guy approached him and told him he was going to get some payback for the arrest.  Ex cop tried reasoning with him, but the guy beat his ass very badly, like over a week in the hospital badly.  Psychologically messed him up, too.  He ended up divorced and transferred with his company to Colorado.  I’m sure there are good arguments against this law, but the one example I know of makes it seem like a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps not in this thread, but there are pro-gun control cops on this board.  I can tell you one by name that thinks the NFA is good law.  

This is GDfacts don't matter here. If something gets posted it must be true.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Sherbet. Never has been that pesky second R
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
TN just passed constitutional carry.
View Quote

How long did it take?

How long has the republicans held a fucking super majority here?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

IMO, the requirement to even need a ccw is an infringement. In 11 years of doing this. I've still never charged someone for carrying without one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm way cool.  

A sincere thank you!
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn that’s a tough one

This.

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#48]
I would support a repeal if there was no way we would ever get nationwide reciprocity for all.  

I think the founders were remiss in not making a constitutional amendment to ensure the government cannot possess or do anything it is unlawful for a citizen to do, even if it is "better" for society.  Liberty comes with risks. If that means some criminals go free because law enforcement isn't allowed special exemptions, so be it.  

The government is already quite fond of setting criminals free, so that argument is less and less persuasive.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:06:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
An ex police officer I know changed careers from LEO to oil refinery operator.  Some coworkers invited him to have a couple of beers after work and he arrived at the bar before they did.  An ex con that he'd arrested several years earlier was in there and recognized him.  Guy approached him and told him he was going to get some payback for the arrest.  Ex cop tried reasoning with him, but the guy beat his ass very badly, like over a week in the hospital badly.  Psychologically messed him up, too.  He ended up divorced and transferred with his company to Colorado.  I'm sure there are good arguments against this law, but the one example I know of makes it seem like a good idea.
View Quote

Was there something preventing him from getting a regular CCW permit like everyone else?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:22:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If “things should be fair for everyone” somehow gets converted to “hate all law enforcement” in your mind, then maybe you should recalibrate your thought process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's become fashionable lately to hate all law enforcement.  I think that more guns is a good thing.

If “things should be fair for everyone” somehow gets converted to “hate all law enforcement” in your mind, then maybe you should recalibrate your thought process.

"Things should be fair for everyone" isn't a philosophy, its a revenge dream.

Most people here don't actually want cops and citizens to be able to carry everywhere equally. They really just want to take that away from the cops as vengeance for being "lol more equal" and "muh dogs" and "muh bumpstocks herpaderp" type of shit.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top