Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't want to shoot some cow with a RPG or diskha.  A cow is a farm tractor to the Vietnamese.  When too old to work, its beef on the hoof.

Give me an old T-34/85, T-54 to shoot up instead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The thread from back in the day gave rise to one of my favorite lines on arfcom, in reply to someone who said it didn’t seem fair - “Cows have had just as long to develop shoulder-fired anti-tank weapons as people have, it’s perfectly fair.”
View Quote
came here to post this

funniest thing ever heard on arfcom

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It is absolutely true in Cambodia.  I have been to the range and shot a DP28, a PKM, and an AK.  I have pictures.  There were grenades and RPGs along with a pretty decent wall of rifles and LMGs.  The explosives were old ass dirty Russian gear and I like my limbs.  I looked at them and declined.  They offered me a chicken to shoot the long guns at.  He said that they give the remain of the chicken to the villagers, but I don't know what's left after 90 rounds of 7.62R.  I declined and shot paper.  The range is at a military/police range, but they were next door and the tourist part is run by what appears to be a local company as the guys had company polo shirts on.  There was an outdoor and a small indoor range.  I shot inside in the shade because it was hot as hell out.  I spend a few hundred bucks on probably 500 rounds that went quickly.  What completely sucked balls is when we got back in the tuk and were headed out.  There was a gate that we just breezed by on the way in.  Well on the way out, you are expected to kind of bride your way by.  I asked the driver how much and he said he didn't know.  I was a little worried but gave the guards a 10 and they seemed happy enough and let us by, so it worked out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Am I the only one that's a little disturbed by this?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Im pretty sure if you had the coin you could get a range with a DD import license to procure a rpg-7 with enough lead time to get you one.  think about it, you can pick the calf and by the time it matures you can blow it up with a rpg :).
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]
This gif almost got me in trouble. too much laughter. Stop it, sir.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. You and the other PETA fairies are.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go over there and wander the under belly for a few days.  You will find other things to be disturbed about.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

“Cows have have just as much time as humans to develop shoulder fired anti-tank weapons “

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Are the RPGs leftover stock from the 1970s?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go over there and wander the under belly for a few days.  You will find other things to be disturbed about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, I have absolutely no doubt about the dark shit that is common place over there and this is nothing at all in comparison.  I guess I shouldn't at all be surprised.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#12]
About 25 years ago a co-worker was on a tour of Mainland China and one of the stops by the tour bus was at a 'range'. They could shoot all kinds of guns, and I think an RPG was included, she wasn't sure exactly what it was, and called it a bazooka.

She walked over to the guns and after a quick look, she went to the other side of the bus, away from the firing line. She said the guns were in such poor shape she was afraid one might blow up, and she wanted the bus in between her and the flying chinks of metal.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Seen it done with M60 from helo and with an M79 HE

If they were grazing on an LZ they were not letting any round eyes near it

VC trained water buffs nasty creatures hated our smell

They aren't cows in the American sense more like Cape Buffalo in the African sense

They fight them and gamble on the outcome

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
If you got the money and don’t mind a shitload of bad publicity you could probably do it in Ohio...

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#15]
But can we shoot cows with RBG in Cambodia?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there a disclaimer on the contract about 50 yr old Chi-com RPGs blowing up on the shooter?

No "dustoff" for you Yankee
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
About 25 years ago a co-worker was on a tour of Mainland China and one of the stops by the tour bus was at a 'range'. They could shoot all kinds of guns, and I think an RPG was included, she wasn't sure exactly what it was, and called it a bazooka.

She walked over to the guns and after a quick look, she went to the other side of the bus, away from the firing line. She said the guns were in such poor shape she was afraid one might blow up, and she wanted the bus in between her and the flying chinks of metal.
View Quote
I saw what you did there...
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know that i could shoot an unarmed cow in good conscience... do you think they'd be willing to put an AK next to the cow?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top