Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 16
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The first picture, the second Paratrooper on the right is a happiest dude on the plane.
View Quote
Jumping out of a plane at 800' AGL  with combat equipment is always a happy day
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
So much pure tough guy bullshit in this thread.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
you're not the typical billy badass billionaire GDer, brother?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Again, why is GD flying with the poors in the first place?

Attachment Attached File

Private jet with stripper pole and hookers is the way to fly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's childish. You pay for the space your seat occupies in any position.
View Quote

This is the fact of the matter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In thousands of flights, it's bothered me once.
View Quote

And yet, you’re bitching about it for 15 pages.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is GD

Place where closing a food tray on a girls hair is cool.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
1. You guys are still arguing about this?

2. How is it possible this thread is still not locked?

3. There’s a special 23er with 87% of his total posts in this thread alone. He cares a lot about this topic and I’m surprised he hasn’t stroked out yet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not even tough guy BS. It is cowardly middle school girl passive aggressive bullshit. Toughguy bullshit would be 'I'll physically reach up, hit their seat button, and force their seat back upright' or "hey put your seat back up or I'll kick your ass."

Instead it is pansy ass shit: "I will decide in my brain, without any conversation, that someone is being intentionally mean to me so I am going to be super annoying and kick their seat or otherwise disturb them as much as possible in a passive aggressive way, instead of having a conversation about it. And if called out, I will deny it, because I am far too big a wimp to own my actions. Again, no adult conversations allowed."

Actually, it is barely even middle school girl shit. This is elementary kids in the back of the minivan "but daaaaaaaaaaad billy is on my side of the car!" level crap.

The saddest part is that it is still a bunch of hot air.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.  I'm just a millionaire Gder.  Not too badass either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1. You guys are still arguing about this?

2. How is it possible this thread is still not locked?

3. There’s a special 23er with 87% of his total posts in this thread alone. He cares a lot about this topic and I’m surprised he hasn’t stroked out yet.
View Quote

Dude chill out.  I'm worried about YOU stroking out.  Seems you hate everything about this place but yet here you are.  WTF.  

Here's a clue:  This thread has morphed from a partially serious one to a fun parody.  Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, absolutely it's your peragotive to recline your seat. It's made to, so by all means get as comfy as YOU can. Your ticket entitles you.

I choose not to recline my seat for a few reasons, the least of of which it does nothing for my comfort, but more importantly it could impact the comfort of the person behind me.

I'm more bothered by the person behind me who likely fails to realize their every interaction with the seat in front of them (tray table, seat pocket, the touch screen) translates directly to my seat. No, no not their fault. It was designed for shit so I just suck it up and deal.

Maybe there should be little more of "us" going on when people cram into a tube to hurl themselves into the sky at 500 mph, and a little less "me". Or is that too communist?

What are the GD rules for the middle-seat arm rest?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#14]
the airlines are stupid for keeping the reclining option instead of just running fixed/no recline exit row seats all through coach.  Taking the recline mechanisms out would reduce weight, saving fuel over the entire fleets (and reduce carbon footprints! all that carbon!!!), also reduce maintenance costs, and fixed seats streamlines movement in the plane (especially unloading).

Of course, the airlines being what they are would use taking the reclining out to force the seats even closer together so that my knees are pre-jammed into the row ahead.  They are all about customer love that way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why I drop the tray, can't recline with the tray down, asshole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only assholes recline their seats.  No concern for anyone but themselves.

Why I drop the tray, can't recline with the tray down, asshole.

When was the last time you were in an airplane?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is GD

https://img.tdworld.com/files/base/ebm/tdworld/image/2019/03/tdworld_5303_are_you_not_entertained_w_text_720x396.png?auto=format,compress&fit=crop&h=556&w=1000&q=45
Now I see why Republicans promote Red Flag Laws.... it is because people think it is okay to close a food tray on a random stranger's hair.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't care if you or anyone else reclines their seat, because I always fly in a pod with a seat that reclines into a bed.

I'm done flying in the back with the low-life, the riff-raff, and the ill-behaved MAGAs.

I get to hang out in the airline lounge between flights = free alcohol, free meals, and lots of space

Two free 70 pound checked bags

Priority boarding and always more overhead storage than I can use.

Free drinks and free wifi for the duration of the flight.

Gourmet meals during the flight.

Lots of other benefits that make flying around the world so much nicer. I can actually get 8 hours of good sleep on a 15-hour flight.
View Quote

Mmmm, OK.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Now I see why Republicans promote Red Flag Laws.... it is because people think it is okay to close a food tray on a random stranger's hair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is GD

https://img.tdworld.com/files/base/ebm/tdworld/image/2019/03/tdworld_5303_are_you_not_entertained_w_text_720x396.png?auto=format,compress&fit=crop&h=556&w=1000&q=45

Let's get universal background checks on all airline tickets, and red flagging of "travel risks" first.

Let's see how that works out, on a privilege like air travel. Then we can start the discussion on doing it to a Constitutionally protected right.

Instagram sluts would lead the rebellion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, you want to talk about something people very rarely do...I can't remember ever seeing a passenger sleeping with their head against the seat in front of them.  That's fucking rude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were sleeping against the seat back in front of you and were mad he reclined it?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/F84A650C-2406-46C9-B3D1-D3F7D7319381-693.gif

Yeah, you want to talk about something people very rarely do...I can't remember ever seeing a passenger sleeping with their head against the seat in front of them.  That's fucking rude.

I see it all the time.  Usually a young woman with one of those fancy pillows, often black and wearing some exotic bathrobe as a travel garment; but plenty of strange white girls out there also.  And yes, I am so poor that I am A-list preferred on SW.  It doesn't get any poorer than that.  
I like it though.  It keeps things real.  I know exactly what is going on in this society; and yeah, it ain't pretty.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
In a world of retarded threads, this one has the fewest chromosomes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a lot of people that have never flown on a commercial plane. At least not recently.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread is better than a Bigfoot and dowsing thread combined.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Again, I do and you're simply wrong.  Or lying, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just wrong.  Every flight I'm on, people recline their seats and I've NEVER seen an adult sleep with their head on the seat in front of them.  Teenagers sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were sleeping against the seat back in front of you and were mad he reclined it?

Again, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

There's about as many people who do that, as recline their seat. One effects another person, the other doesn't. Neither is a big deal, unless you are a cunt in how you go about it.

Again, I do and you're simply wrong.  Or lying, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just wrong.  Every flight I'm on, people recline their seats and I've NEVER seen an adult sleep with their head on the seat in front of them.  Teenagers sometimes.

In my experience, mostly on SW because I work domestically primarily; most people do not recline, unless it is a long flight.  Shorter flights it just does not make any sense.  SW has removed almost all the reclining capacity of the seats.  
But, I will tell you in my expience, I have seen many people sleeping with their heads on the tray tables.  I see adults so this all the time.  Mostly younger women, but not teenagers.  
Usually coming out of a destination known for being a vacation or party destination.  Cruise returnees from MIA FLL come immediately to mind; but plenty of NOLA and Lost Wages.  
Business travelers, no; but then again we are expected to know how to behave of we wouldn't be traveling.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Only assholes recline their seats.  No concern for anyone but themselves.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I decline all the seats in my row as soon as I sit down so the flight attendant doesn’t notice mine is reclined even before takeoff.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.  It's nowhere near that long.  Maybe 5-10 minutes from takeoff to altitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the first 20 minutes to get to cruising altitude, and the last 20 minutes, to descend... So 2/3 of the flight there's no reclining. And if they are serving drinks during that 20 minutes, it's not going to be much of a nap.

Takeoff restrictions end at 10K feet.  I was on two flights las week that hit that fast since there were only 25 people on a Max 8 and the pilots were having some fun.  Very steep attack angles coming out.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nah.  I'm just a millionaire Gder.  Not too badass either.
View Quote
fuck
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The moment the wheels leave the ground you can recline. You are simply repeating bullshit. You only have to bring your seat backs into the upright position when the announce it. Usually less than 10 minutes from touch down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I describe drama that "happens all the time"?

I hope your writing abilities are better than your reading comprehension and observation of human behavior.

Reclining is not at all the norm. Shit on short flights, you aren't even allowed to recline your seat for a large portion of the flight. And when it does happen, it's usually only a bit. Because most people have some semblance of common courtesy.

As you've already admitted, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, because your experience is limited. So maybe just shut the fuck up, since your opinions are solely based on your poorly informed emotions.

You are simply lying. How about you take your own advice. 24 years of airline travel under my belt and you are full of shit.

Ooh, we got another badass over here.  I’ve been flying for over 30 years.  Woohoo braggart.

Multiple flights I have been on are under 90 minutes. Between getting to altitude and landing, there isn’t much time when you could recline. Hell, some of them didn’t even run the drink cart.

The moment the wheels leave the ground you can recline. You are simply repeating bullshit. You only have to bring your seat backs into the upright position when the announce it. Usually less than 10 minutes from touch down.

Technically, I think take-off procedures including reclining and tray tables are in effect until 10K feet.  This told to me by an airline employee, but I never checked, I just assumed it to be the case.  I think they do this in case of a rapid return for an emergency landing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now we see the truth. You don't fly at all. You're lying about everything. Seats can recline the moment the wheels leave the ground. You don't know shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope your writing abilities are better than your reading comprehension and observation of human behavior.

Reclining is not at all the norm. Shit on short flights, you aren't even allowed to recline your seat for a large portion of the flight. And when it does happen, it's usually only a bit. Because most people have some semblance of common courtesy.

As you've already admitted, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, because your experience is limited. So maybe just shut the fuck up, since your opinions are solely based on your poorly informed emotions.

You are simply lying. How about you take your own advice. 24 years of airline travel under my belt and you are full of shit.

Ooh, we got another badass over here.  I’ve been flying for over 30 years.  Woohoo braggart.

Multiple flights I have been on are under 90 minutes. Between getting to altitude and landing, there isn’t much time when you could recline. Hell, some of them didn’t even run the drink cart.

Every flight I am on from Cody to Denver, which is basically ANY flight out of Cody, lasts just over an hour.  Not only is there a drink cart unless the weather is bad, there's always plenty of time to recline as well.

Except for the first 20 minutes to get to cruising altitude, and the last 20 minutes, to descend... So 2/3 of the flight there's no reclining. And if they are serving drinks during that 20 minutes, it's not going to be much of a nap.

I've done a LOT of those shorter flights. Because people who aren't retards understand the above, virtually no one reclines on those shorter flights. Probably less than 15% of people. 20% max.

Now we see the truth. You don't fly at all. You're lying about everything. Seats can recline the moment the wheels leave the ground. You don't know shit.

I don't agree with you on this topic.  You should not be so sure to call someone else a liar.  This is not helpful.  
It was explained to me that take-off protocols are in place until 10K feet.  I won't say for certain because I am not an expert; but I am not going to call you a liar over it.  It is possible to incorrect without being a liar.  
By the way, I flew over fifty legs last year; but will not this year because while the money is very very good; the life is hell.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
the airlines are stupid for keeping the reclining option instead of just running fixed/no recline exit row seats all through coach.  Taking the recline mechanisms out would reduce weight, saving fuel over the entire fleets (and reduce carbon footprints! all that carbon!!!), also reduce maintenance costs, and fixed seats streamlines movement in the plane (especially unloading).

Of course, the airlines being what they are would use taking the reclining out to force the seats even closer together so that my knees are pre-jammed into the row ahead.  They are all about customer love that way.
View Quote

Exactly right.

No Recline, not the fault of the guy in front of me.

But the Airlines would screw that up too.

"Hey, we can get an extra row in now!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I learned something today. A significant portion of the few people who recline their airline seat are some combination of oblivious to their surroundings, liars, or unhinged.

You sir are rated
out of

Seriously, this thread has thought me that some people are unhinged and you're one of them. You probably enjoy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies too.

Another sign that you are on the money when debating narcissists. They absolutely hate getting called out on their shit, lie about basic obvious observable facts, and start accusing others of what it is they do.
If someone reclining bothers you so much, fly private or don't fly at all.

My man, thousands?  That is nearly a decade of flying every week to get the first thousand.  
When did you become a road warrior, age ten?  
What business are you in?
Do you have a family?  
Everybody i know who travels like that is broken down drunk who may a lot of money, but no life to speak of except telling airline stories.  And refer to every city by the airport code so they let you know how cool they are.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Let's get universal background checks on all airline tickets, and red flagging of "travel risks" first.

Let's see how that works out, on a privilege like air travel. Then we can start the discussion on doing it to a Constitutionally protected right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is GD

I'm not having a mental breakdown over someone reclining a seat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bingo. Geez, seats barely recline anymore to begin with. Makes me wonder how many people in this thread travel much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I travel for a living and never give a second thought to a person reclining their seat. They pay for the seat and the space it occupies. Pretty simple.  You can utilize the same option if you so choose.

I don't recline simply because I don't find it comfortable.

Bingo. Geez, seats barely recline anymore to begin with. Makes me wonder how many people in this thread travel much.

You can tell that the biggest mouths have the fewest miles in the air.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly right.

That's basically the point of the "non-recline" faction. They couldn't squeeze the seats closer together even if they removed reclining. That's why recliners get bumped, kicked, seatback used as a grabrail etc. There just isn't enough room for people who aren't manlets.

Soon, we'll be able to pay extra for the high-row, non-fart option and boarding will take 3x as long while we all wait for boomers to clamber up into their luxury deck.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My man, thousands?  That is nearly a decade of flying every week to get the first thousand.  
Do you have a family?  
Everybody i know who travels like that is broken down drunk who may a lot of money, but no life to speak of except telling airline stories.  And refer to every city by the airport code so they let you know how cool they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I learned something today. A significant portion of the few people who recline their airline seat are some combination of oblivious to their surroundings, liars, or unhinged.

You sir are rated
out of

Seriously, this thread has thought me that some people are unhinged and you're one of them. You probably enjoy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies too.

Another sign that you are on the money when debating narcissists. They absolutely hate getting called out on their shit, lie about basic obvious observable facts, and start accusing others of what it is they do.

Do you have a family?  

I honestly don't have a great count of them, nor do I care to. I can't stand those douches you are talking about. People who make flying and airline status part of their identity

Are you counting round trips or flights? That's a huge difference. Some of the longer trips have 6-8 flights. Most have at least 4. So an average of 2 trips a month, for 20+ years is easily 2,000+ flights.

So no, I don't fly every week. Thank god. Now that I've typed this out, the number is probably closer to 1,000 flights and a few hundred trips for me. Feels like more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is GD

The internet is serious business.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I honestly don't have a great count of them, nor do I care to. I can't stand those douches you are talking about. People who make flying and airline status part of their identity

Are you counting round trips or flights? That's a huge difference. Some of the longer trips have 6-8 flights. Most have at least 4. So an average of 2 trips a month, for 20+ years is easily 2,000+ flights.

So no, I don't fly every week. Thank god. Now that I've typed this out, the number is probably closer to 1,000 flights and a few hundred trips for me. Feels like more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir are rated
out of

Do you have a family?  

I get it. It always does.  I ended up flying too much but I get paid very well for it.  I traveled way too much last year.  I cut it in half this year and probably won't even be A-list after next year.  I am cruising into retirement and don't like flying at all any more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sure I do. I will hold your seat with my hand to keep it from reclining. Good luck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you have some personal problem that my reclined seat causes you then you need to either find some other mode of travel or pay for a section of the airplane that gives you more room.

Sure I do. I will hold your seat with my hand to keep it from reclining. Good luck.

I don’t believe you.  At all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Do you have a family?  
View Quote
i feel personally attacked
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, this thread is about dead.  There is a new left lane camper / slow driver thread that should be good for at least 10 pages.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you have some personal problem that my reclined seat causes you then you need to either find some other mode of travel or pay for a section of the airplane that gives you more room.

Good luck to you. Being disruptive or interfering with other passengers won’t turn out like you think it will.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, this thread is about dead.  There is a new left lane camper / slow driver thread that should be good for at least 10 pages.  
View Quote

It was a good run.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Takeoff restrictions end at 10K feet.  I was on two flights las week that hit that fast since there were only 25 people on a Max 8 and the pilots were having some fun.  Very steep attack angles coming out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no recline restrictions once the wheels leave the ground.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I had to check:

"Interestingly, the FAA regulations actually mandate that the pilot must not takeoff until all seats are upright, while the passengers are only commanded to obey flight attendant instructions in the matter.FAR 121.311

no certificate holder may take off or land an airplane unless each passenger seat back is in the upright position. Each passenger shall comply with instructions given by a crewmember in compliance with this paragraph.

Takeoff is defined in 25.111 as

The takeoff path extends from a standing start to a point in the takeoff at which the airplane is 1,500 feet above the takeoff surface, or at which the transition from the takeoff to the en route configuration is completed and VFTO is reached, whichever point is higher.

So technically, after climbing 1500 feet (in most cases) you are out of "takeoff" and should be able to recline your seat. But guessing your distance climbed is difficult, so the chimes at 10,000 are probably your best guide, as mentioned by @Johns-305. Frequently these days I have also heard an announcement that larger electronics such as laptops can now be used, as those are restricted below 10,000 feet"

So, you are the one who is full of shit, ok.  
You have been calling people liars and idiots when you don't know the rules yourself.  
What an arogant dolt you are.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I see it all the time.  Usually a young woman with one of those fancy pillows, often black and wearing some exotic bathrobe as a travel garment; but plenty of strange white girls out there also.  And yes, I am so poor that I am A-list preferred on SW.  It doesn't get any poorer than that.  
I like it though.  It keeps things real.  I know exactly what is going on in this society; and yeah, it ain't pretty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen it once or twice. They usually put the tray table down, put a pillow on it, and go to sleep.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't agree with you on this topic.  You should not be so sure to call someone else a liar.  This is not helpful.  
It was explained to me that take-off protocols are in place until 10K feet.  I won't say for certain because I am not an expert; but I am not going to call you a liar over it.  It is possible to incorrect without being a liar.  
By the way, I flew over fifty legs last year; but will not this year because while the money is very very good; the life is hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every flight I am on from Cody to Denver, which is basically ANY flight out of Cody, lasts just over an hour.  Not only is there a drink cart unless the weather is bad, there's always plenty of time to recline as well.

I've done a LOT of those shorter flights. Because people who aren't retards understand the above, virtually no one reclines on those shorter flights. Probably less than 15% of people. 20% max.

I fly often an see people recline all the time. I can't sleep on planes so I see lots of stuff going on around me. That douche nozzle is lying his passive aggressive ass off to support his stupidity.

Take off restrictions are things like stowing lap tops and things over a certain weight and putting your seat back upright. Not one time in 24 years on the road have I saw one single person admonished for reclining their seat immediately after take off. That's actual the time to do it since the laptops and drinks aren't occupying the the tray.

I don't really care what some airline person said to you because they don't tell the passengers that and they don't enforce it. Therefore it is not a rule at all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8900.1,Vol.3,Ch33,Sec3

The takeoff phase does not end when the wheels leave the ground.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I fly often an see people recline all the time. I can't sleep on planes so I see lots of stuff going on around me. That douche nozzle is lying his passive aggressive ass off to support his stupidity.

Take off restrictions are things like stowing lap tops and things over a certain weight and putting your seat back upright. Not one time in 24 years on the road have I saw one single person admonished for reclining their seat immediately after take off. That's actual the time to do it since the laptops and drinks aren't occupying the the tray.

I don't really care what some airline person said to you because they don't tell the passengers that and they don't enforce it. Therefore it is not a rule at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, I had to check:

"Interestingly, the FAA regulations actually mandate that the pilot must not takeoff until all seats are upright, while the passengers are only commanded to obey flight attendant instructions in the matter.FAR 121.311

no certificate holder may take off or land an airplane unless each passenger seat back is in the upright position. Each passenger shall comply with instructions given by a crewmember in compliance with this paragraph.

Takeoff is defined in 25.111 as

The takeoff path extends from a standing start to a point in the takeoff at which the airplane is 1,500 feet above the takeoff surface, or at which the transition from the takeoff to the en route configuration is completed and VFTO is reached, whichever point is higher.

So technically, after climbing 1500 feet (in most cases) you are out of "takeoff" and should be able to recline your seat. But guessing your distance climbed is difficult, so the chimes at 10,000 are probably your best guide, as mentioned by @Johns-305. Frequently these days I have also heard an announcement that larger electronics such as laptops can now be used, as those are restricted below 10,000 feet"

So, you are the one who is full of shit, ok.  
You have been calling people liars and idiots when you don't know the rules yourself.  
What an arogant dolt you are.  
View Quote

There are zero instructions for passengers about when they can recline. You had to look up rules that are not given or enforced to try and win an argument you already lost. Grow up.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top