Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a refurbished pair

i really like them
View Quote

Quoted:

The 2 pair of Sennheiser I have (HD559 for the computer, HD660S for the stereo) are over-ear, and I can wear them  Takes a little moving them around to get seated correctly (big ears and they protrude a bit).  Might work for you.

I also have Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, sound is decent but they sit on-ear and give ear pain fairly fast.

As for the OP, my current favorites are the 2 Sennheisers just above, the 660s sound better than the 559 IMHO.  To me they have a cleaner sound and slightly better imaging.  Neither seem biased towards bass or treble.  IANAA (I Am Not An Audiophile)
View Quote

@cruze5   @JAFFE

I recommend giving the Dekoni Audio EPZ-HD600 Elite Hybrid Ear Pads a try for your Sennheisers.

A little expensive, but the comfort increase is worth it, and they deepen the low end to my ears. They made me skip picking up the 660S2 until they are on deep discount.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-hybrid-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd600-headphones/

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AKG are my favorites.

The old ones, not the ones make in China now.
View Quote

I agree, sill using some AKG 240 and 271 headphones.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Sennheiser HD800s, rewired with balanced silver litz wire, driven by a Brooklyn DAC+ with dual headphone jacks
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]

I really only use earphones when im out on the bike. So those cause i can still hear around me.

I have some regular noise canceling sony when traveling though. They work fine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sennheiser HD280s are the best headphones for the money.

Period.

Amazon Product
  • Dynamic, closed-ear headphones.Weight w/o cable: 285 g
  • Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length - 3.3 - 9.8 feet Coiled
  • Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@cruze5   @JAFFE

I recommend giving the Dekoni Audio EPZ-HD600 Elite Hybrid Ear Pads a try for your Sennheisers.

A little expensive, but the comfort increase is worth it, and they deepen the low end to my ears. They made me skip picking up the 660S2 until they are on deep discount.

https://dekoniaudio.com/product/elite-hybrid-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd600-headphones/

View Quote

@JustinU235

Thanks for the recommend, will check it out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The lower model numbers are plasticy and unsubstantial.  I wouldn't recommend anything less than the 325.  That said, the foam is an easy enough fix.  Depending on the letter designation, the driver might have been an easy enough fix, too.
View Quote

I wanted the RS-2, but I was in college at the time making $500 a month. The SR-80 were my first gadget.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Airpods Max

I liked my SR-80 until one of the speakers started to buzz. Then the foam fell apart. Total junk.
View Quote

You can buy replacement foam on ebay.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have Skull Candy Crusher Evo headphones, and I like them. Bass that you can feel.
View Quote

I have the same ones. No complaints.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The lower model numbers are plasticy and unsubstantial.  I wouldn't recommend anything less than the 325.  That said, the foam is an easy enough fix.  Depending on the letter designation, the driver might have been an easy enough fix, too.
View Quote

Nonsense.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
View Quote
Hell yeah brother
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#12]
While I don't have favorite brand I'd consider these my most used or favorite pair and even more so since I jankly converted them to bluetooth. They arn't the highest end anything and not remotely the best I've heard or used but they sound fine for games and voice and they are very comfortable, I don't really need much more out of them than that. I've had them for right around 7 years or more.

HD598se
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Price has barely changed in 30 years.

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sony XM5 here...  Very satisfied.
View Quote

My son swears by his XM4s.  They're fantastic, but too spendy for me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I've upgraded through several sets of sennheisers over the years. I currently use an over the ear PXC480 nose canceling for flights and I have a momentum true wireless 3's for exercising and calls. When i'm not plugged into the airplane system i'll double up and use the momentums to stream the bluetooth off my phone with the PXC480's over for an extra layer of noise insulation. The reduction in fatigue from flying is noticeable.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any gym exercises that involve hitting yourself with cables and weights

Maybe you need a new trainer?

Or "a" trainer?
View Quote

"It's crossfit bro, you wouldn't understand"  
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#17]
fiio ex1. it was THE entry level iem (it's not really a headphone, for some definitions of headphone) for a long time.

more reviews here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-ex1-nanotech-titanium-diaphragm-in-ear-monitors.20890/reviews

the bass if very clean. there is literally no warble at all. it's basically one of the best all around and a good amp can really make it shine. and of course the mids and highs are competitive with earphones double its price. it is also amazing on a phone. because of its clean sound, i can understand speech of people with really bad reception, much more so than my phones' stock speaker.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Which headphones have the best bass?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Which headphones have the best bass?
View Quote

probably a low end pair of headphones like Beats

bassy headphones are a huge trade off - you trade clarity and fidelity

I have 3 or 4 pairs of sennheisers i use connected into a DAC/AMP setup (topping or schiit brands)

HD800S that I bought used locally for a screaming deal
HD6xx for nice open back easy listening
PC38x for gaming

Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an Astro a50 wireless headset for gaming. It has different eq settings, one of which has more bass. It sounds fantastic. The only issue is I can only listen to music from my Xbox.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Try different styles of driver to see what you prefer. Planar, dynamic, electrostatic etc. Find a good stereo store to try different sets.

Check out Zeos Pantera on the tube.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top