Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My site use ebbs and fllows.

I was overseas from 2006-2011, completely forgot I had an account here. Came back sometime on or after 2011, disappeared again (mostly) in 2018, browsed occasionally after 2-3 years off the site.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot of longtime posters changed usernames and avatars.
View Quote

Me

PERCSEC was the reason.  My old username included my name which at the time I signed up, really wasn't an issue.  The world changed.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I naively thought this forum would be traditional American Christian right wing conservative but it looks like that is exactly why it has been heavily populated with left wing counterpointers, disruptors and subversives. I guess they're here for the same reasons I thought would make it a traditional family value oriented gathering. Every topic I open there's someone shrieking liberal talking points and clutching their pearls in mock outrage.

Is there nowhere left to go anymore, it feels like the whole world is a leftist re-education camp, and not even a 2A themed forum is immune.
View Quote

Try:
https://www.defensivecarry.com/
or
https://www.gunboards.com/forums/

Just the echo chambers you're looking for.
arf is way more fun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I am the only one that isn't a fed?  I wonder what kind of plot they have in mind for me to start...
View Quote

Thr Feds have already infiltrated your drag racing group to see if you are stealing high end auto parts.  Don't trust anyone who's not...family.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Real question is, is how in bed is ARF with the Feds. We know they work with them. How much do they work with them?

Accounts are just rows in a database. Do Feds ask “Hey moderator X, we need 10 new accounts created for us this week. Use these 10 email addresses. Make 3 of them from 2001, and 7 from 2009 and give us the passwords.” Does ARF do it?

We know this is a giant honeypot and always has been, but times are a changin’ - it may be way worse than any of us are aware of.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
What happened to Reddit?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thr Feds have already infiltrated your drag racing group to see if you are stealing high end auto parts.  Don't trust anyone who's not...family.
View Quote

Quoted:
Real question is, is how in bed is ARF with the Feds. We know they work with them. How much do they work with them?

Accounts are just rows in a database. Do Feds ask “Hey moderator X, we need 10 new accounts created for us this week. Make 3 of them from 2001, and 7 from 2009 and give us the passwords. Does ARF do it?

We know this is a giant honeypot and always has been, but times are a changin’ - it may be way worse than any of us are aware of.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Leftists ruin everything.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

I’m jealous….
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I naively thought this forum would be traditional American Christian right wing conservative but it looks like that is exactly why it has been heavily populated with left wing counterpointers, disruptors and subversives. I guess they're here for the same reasons I thought would make it a traditional family value oriented gathering. Every topic I open there's someone shrieking liberal talking points and clutching their pearls in mock outrage.

Is there nowhere left to go anymore, it feels like the whole world is a leftist re-education camp, and not even a 2A themed forum is immune.
View Quote

I'm a "live and let live" leave me alone pro-liberty dude. Many "conservatives" aren't. I don't care about anyone's religion so long as it "neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Keep an eye on this one.
View Quote

Available for questions.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#14]
what you talkin’ ‘bout ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the same bunch of 13ers to me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm a "live and let live" leave me alone pro-liberty dude.
View Quote

How’s that dumb shit workin’ out for ya?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I quit all social media about 10 years ago.  I got bored and came back on this site, but have been regularly following it over the years.  This is about the only thing I post to anymore.  Not many people had the appetite for what I had to say then, but it seems that more people are starting to see things for what they actually are now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I quit all social media about 10 years ago.  I got bored and came back on this site, but have been regularly following it over the years.  This is about the only thing I post to anymore.  Not many people had the appetite for what I had to say then, but it seems that more people are starting to see things for what they actually are now.
View Quote

So you signed up a month ago for the first time?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

GD normally refers to that as being 'pegged' but your description may be more descriptive of what you actually felt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Damn.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Nope
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm flattered. My own stalker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keep an eye on this one.

I'm flattered. My own stalker.

Don't be jealous I made someones list.

Honestly though since Trumps implosion after the 2020 election and Covid the paranoia of this place has reached record highs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes.

I’ve noticed a severe increase in troll posting.  I can always count on certain specific arguments within certain topics from certain people.

I’ve noticed more strict moderation on how rude people can be, but almost no moderation on posts and accounts that are clearly here just to get threads closed and gaslighted.  

There are lots of accounts, new and old with very consistent anti-gun, anti-Republican viewpoints that only post and counter point with gaslighted left wing counterpoints.  It’s like they are cued.

Topics have lost their humor.  

Topics and news aren’t as on the ball.  

There is a lot of threads that are clearly following what the current talking heads are trying to push on the Republican side.  When it all Turned on Trump there were weeks were every other post simple talked about “dump the trump” just like the talking heads on TV use all of the same headlines and talking points.  It’s weird actually.

If we want this forum to remain an open platform though, or as open as it can be, then we are going to have to deal with trolls.  People have just lost their ability to avoid feeding them.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A lot of longtime posters changed usernames and avatars.
View Quote

Yup. That’s the reason for #2 in the OP.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
View Quote

Haha, wow.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#29]
"Better to not post on an internet forum and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt"
- Abraham Lincoln
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:11:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’m also not seeing it.

View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#32]
What?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I suspect your criteria for labeling someone a left winger or a subversive is if they disagree with you, something that has become increasingly evident in our entire society and reflected here in GD. So you complain about those who you regard as left wingers. Do you complain about the outright misogynistic, racist, homophobic and fascist shit that gets spewed AND agreed with on this site?

Family values? How do you feel about the 19th Amendment?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes.

Reddit transplants
View Quote

RIP barfcom, plebbit is a terminal disease.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#37]
How about an example of what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’ve noticed more strict moderation on how rude people can be, but almost no moderation on posts and accounts that are clearly here just to get threads closed and gaslighted.  
View Quote

Agreed. Unfortunately arf is to the the point where there’s several reasonably populated subgroups who all call each other trolls. The only way to “fix trolling” will be someone actually taking ownership of arf GD and making subjective calls that “poster X” is a dickhead who needs to go. They’ll piss people off in the process.

While I think site leadership (or lack thereof) is an issue, it’s also a shit sandwich that I understand their reluctance to bite as long as they can avoid doing so.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How about an example of what you're talking about?
View Quote

Scroll up two posts from yours.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Another yes.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Agreed. Unfortunately arf is to the the point where there’s several reasonably populated subgroups who all call each other trolls. The only way to “fix trolling” will be someone actually taking ownership of arf GD and making subjective calls that “poster X” is a dickhead who needs to go. They’ll piss people off in the process.

While I think site leadership (or lack thereof) is an issue, it’s also a shit sandwich that I understand their reluctance to bite as long as they can avoid doing so.
View Quote

That’s kinda been happening, just the wrong folks getting the boot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That’s fine , but it seems like all these new named posters also went violently left in their opinions .

Name change and still post “normal “ ? Fine

Name change and now post boot licker style ? Odd
View Quote

I suspect that for you anyone to the left of the apex is a lefty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#45]
It’s been the same since it’s inception

You have your thread starters

You have your thread posters
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I've noticed a very large percentage of our population suddenly agrees with the mainstream media narratives on Trump, Ukraine, etc.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Scroll up two posts from yours.
View Quote

This is exactly what the post you are referring to is talking about. ARFCOM isn't a Conservative website, it's a gun website. People have different opinions here. It's always been that way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've noticed a very large percentage of our population suddenly agrees with the mainstream media narratives on Trump, Ukraine, etc.
View Quote

That kinda happened overnight here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top