BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the shit gits fan, only thing need is 22lr and .380. Can carry lots fo ammo long distance, only headshots
View Quote

Everyone knows it's 10/22 and a .38.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

chicks dig them
View Quote

Pretty sure a small subsection of dudes dig them
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
AKs are good guns. There’s a reason there’s so many of them.

It’s a bit harder to assemble an AK  than an AR. I’ve done both, because there’s actual head spacing, drilling, riveting.

But I’d say it’s more satisfying.

They both have their place. I guess they’re both “terrible” to be on the receiving end.

One of my garage builds:

My Colt M16A1:
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Is no one going to address the fact both those videos were cringeworthy unfunny?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gay trigger
Gay safety
Gay stock
Gay optics mounting
Gay accessory mounting
Gay open receiver design
Gay round
Gay magazines
Gay magazine release
Gay piston system
Gay stamped receivers
Gay bolt
Gay charging handle
View Quote

Personally I own and love both, all 5.56 and I also love my Galil Ace
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The AUG might be the worst mass-fielded infantry weapon on the planet besides the SA80.  It truly sucks asshole.
View Quote

yeah okay
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
They both suck. Get a man's rifle:

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Qgk9lZx.jpg

Let’s be real the AUG is truly the master race

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif

If it was so great the Australian SAS would be using it like their regular infantry.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The AR charging handle is as "ergonomic" as a bowling ball covered in porcupine hide.
View Quote

It is also the control you need the least when firing the weapon.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They both suck. Get a man's rifle:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lo0NLKAvmDM/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

Ooh.

Nice
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked the guy who was doing the TFB videos 3 or so years ago better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If it was so great the Australian SAS would be using it like their regular infantry.
View Quote

What is bad about it?

I would expect less accuracy than AR, and the usual bullpup issues. But from what I know it is solid.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The AUG might be the worst mass-fielded infantry weapon on the planet besides the SA80.  It truly sucks asshole.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#14]
From my perspective the 47 is a good weapon that is clearly inferior than the AR. The AK74 makes up most the difference for the role of combat carbine, the AR is still superior, but in practice the combat performance would be similar.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What is bad about it?

I would expect less accuracy than AR, and the usual bullpup issues. But from what I know it is solid.
View Quote

Only issue I found to be legitimate is the that the trigger is less than perfect, which the sear 2020 mostly fixes. The other “issues” can be fixed aftermarket support to tailor to given users needs such as extended magazine release, ejection deflector, extended optic rails, several quick-change barrel options, suppressor gas plugs, NATO stock(take AR mags), several different charging handle styles, several different light adapters, Forward accessory rail, etc.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#16]
every weapon will be wanting in SHTF

the biggest problem in SHTF is that untrained civilian Americans are fucking pussies & will be awful warriors

being hard & pretending to be hard are not the same thing. DUH right

but let me ask you this how many 0200 hours guard dutys have you done?

How many miles of night time Patrols do you have ubder NODS ? how many miles without NODs

Can you build a standard fox hole with overhead cover

do you understand the concept of "lift and shift in a firefight & how to communicate that moment to the gunners with over 20 guns firing"

even non combat veterans can explain many of these questions , but in the boog your day will consist of guard for entire days , tryibg to stay hidden is a 24 hour jobon a battel line

you can't screw up.

what rifle is best does not mean jack shit.  how many men pull guard while the rest eat and when & where to do that activity matters immensely.

idealy every civilian would own A IAR & have 400 rounds but the world ain't ideal.& even if it was ideal without field craft there would just be alot of lonely IARs in arty craters

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What is bad about it?

View Quote

I never said it wasn't a solid weapon. For whatever reason the Aussie SAS chose the M4 and MK18. I'm sure they have a good reason.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

yeah okay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah okay

I'm serious.  I got the chance to go with some Austrian soldiers (among many others) to the range, and our M4s, AKs, G36s, etc ran circles around that fuckin AUG.  I almost couldn't qualify with it the trigger was so bad. Also, the two-stage trigger as a semi/auto selector is fuckin stupid. The integrated sight was literally a tiny black donut circle reticle at 1.5x and you couldn't really find a place to hold. Also, the eyebox of that thing sucked ass too.  The gun truly truly sucked.  After all of us shot qualifications on eachothers' weapons, the Austrians admitted that they vastly preferred everyone else's rifles to theirs, and for good reason.  Every soldier in my platoon did way with every other kind of weapon available than with the AUG.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Have you ever shot a military-issued AUG?  I have, and they suck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Have you ever shot a military-issued AUG?  I have, and they suck.
View Quote

Most military issued weapons suck
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most military issued weapons suck
View Quote

Nah. Army-issued M4A1s are not perfect, but they certainly don't suck.  All in all, they're pretty damn good weapons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nah. Army-issued M4A1s are not perfect, but they certainly don't suck.  All in all, they're pretty damn good weapons.
View Quote

My magazines sucked
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm serious.  I got the chance to go with some Austrian soldiers (among many others) to the range, and our M4s, AKs, G36s, etc ran circles around that fuckin AUG.  I almost couldn't qualify with it the trigger was so bad. Also, the two-stage trigger as a semi/auto selector is fuckin stupid. The integrated sight was literally a tiny black donut circle reticle at 1.5x and you couldn't really find a place to hold. Also, the eyebox of that thing sucked ass too.  The gun truly truly sucked.  After all of us shot qualifications on eachothers' weapons, the Austrians admitted that they vastly preferred everyone else's rifles to theirs, and for good reason.  Every soldier in my platoon did way with every other kind of weapon available than with the AUG.
View Quote

What year was that? because Almost all of those issues have been resolved after after the A1. The A3 M1 is an entirely ungraded weapon system that’s gone beyond its 70s design.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What year was that? because Almost all of those issues have been resolved after after the A1. The A3 M1 is an entirely ungraded weapon system that’s gone beyond its 70s design.
View Quote

Ok, that may be true- I have no experience with the newer AUGs probably.  I shot them in 2016, and they were in Kosovo, so probably not the newest/best rifles the Austrian military had.  

They had a cross-button type safety, and a trigger that you squeezed about 12lb to shoot a round (no shit) and about 13 lbs to go full auto (no shit) and somewhere in between you were supposed to be able to hit what you were aiming at with a sight with about 1mm of useable eye relief and a reticle with no actual aiming point.

If they've fielded a better version that fixes that, i'm glad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd sure rather carry an AK 47 than see blood in my urine.

But if I'm allowed to pick, I'm taking my pseudo SOPMOD Block 1 clone AR. It beats the AK in every way, except ability to use full magazines as blunt force weapons.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

KFOR was cool because I got to see a whole lot of different weaponry from different countries.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#27]
The A1 which sounds like the one you used , was made in the 70s which was futuristic for the time but obviously is not as good compared to today’s competition but the A3 M1 is a quality rifle that addressed the issues you experienced
. It’s like When people disregard M4 or M16a4 because of the M16A1s reputation in Vietnam. Im originally from the UK but you are right,  the l85 still sucks I still want one though
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

galil
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they made an AK that was ergonomic, accurate and lightweight I'd buy one.   OH WAIT... then it would be an AR-15.

galil

Galil ergonomic?
Lightweight?

This one ain't bad though (Galil SAR):

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's an excellent weapon.

It's a terrible rifle.

View Quote

I've never heard it put that way... only I wouldn't say it's a terrible rifle, it's just not very good.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, GD thought me that projectiles actually gain altitude after leaving the muzzle, the one exception being the 7.62x39.

Those things take a nose dive upon exit, that’s the reason they aren’t capable of hitting targets out past 40 meters.
View Quote

You are thinking of 7.62x51, which used to be a pretty good .30 round until the invention of the 6.5 Creedmore changed the atmosphere so that x51 will only fly 50yds, and even that twirling like an old musket ball.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If shtf my main rifle would be my polytech AK folder. I have thousands of rounds of ammo. This rifle eats everything and has never had a ftf or jam. 1000% reliable.
I do have ARs. When I ran out of ammo for my AK then I would default to the AR as ammo would be easier to find.
A good AK is as good or better than any AR I have owned.
I am sure there are a lot of garbage AKs out there and same with ARs. Everyone should have a good AK in their arsenal
Yes I know China is asshole
Not proud of where my AK came from but it is a machine!
View Quote

You know it's sad when the Chinese make a better AK than the Russians....
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Both rifles rock. The people operating them however...

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why is the acog mounted upside down on the ak?
View Quote

Because I was inverted

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The 7.62x39 is literally incapable of going past 300 yards. It falls straight down at 300. 600 yards is perfectly safe from an ak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever, I enjoy AKs

ARs are way more reliable than every AK snob thinks they are

AKs are way more accurate than every AR snob thinks they are

I wouldn't want to stand within 600m of someone who is proficient with either and who wants me dead

The 7.62x39 is literally incapable of going past 300 yards. It falls straight down at 300. 600 yards is perfectly safe from an ak.

If you're at 2300fps mv with 123gr 7.62x39, it goes subsonic right after 500yds, 114" of drop.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What is bad about it?

View Quote

Less than ideal for mounting slings, lights, IR, etc, etc

Functionally, the AUG is gtg. Another issue is Steyr has done diddly squat with the design since the 70s except for some very minor things.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You are thinking of 7.62x51, which used to be a pretty good .30 round until the invention of the 6.5 Creedmore changed the atmosphere so that x51 will only fly 50yds, and even that twirling like an old musket ball.
View Quote

The .30 rifle bullet set small arms design back at least 3 decades.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#37]
OP is high.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yeah okay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah okay

AUG is awesome if you’re right handed
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:55:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
OP is high.
View Quote

Well I am a big stoner fan.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because I was inverted

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The A1 which sounds like the one you used , was made in the 70s which was futuristic for the time but obviously is not as good compared to today’s competition but the A3 M1 is a quality rifle that addressed the issues you experienced
. It’s like When people disregard M4 or M16a4 because of the M16A1s reputation in Vietnam. Im originally from the UK but you are right,  the l85 still sucks I still want one though
View Quote

M16A1 had a great reputation in Vietnam.  You must be thinking of the Colt 602 with undersized non-chromed chambers, no cleaning kits, Edgewater spring guides, being fed ball propellant ammo.

Put even the Colt 4x scope on the 1960s AR15s, and you still have a better rifle than the AUG A1.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Jesus... great american.  Never touched an AK.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#44]
"Jesus, great American, never touched an AK."
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

Hell yes...awaiting my stamp but the stock is still back ordered
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Look how gay this shit is:

Hurrrr durrrr I kinda want to put my piston there hurr durrr wobbly wobbly gay sex

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hurrrr durrrr I kinda want to put my piston there hurr durrr wobbly wobbly gay sex

https://i1.wp.com/americanshootingjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ak-47_gasblock.gif?resize=480%2C270
View Quote

Take the gas tube off an AR and let me know how it goes for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i1.wp.com/americanshootingjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/ak-47_gasblock.gif?resize=480%2C270

Better yet, let's see what good engineering looks like

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better yet, let's see what good engineering looks like

https://lockedback.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/23YRDHT.gif

https://lockedback.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/HZ1K9ee.gif

Nice deflection.

I'd pick any of my AR's over my AK's at this point, but the fact that the AK's can function at all when you take half the parts off is pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nice deflection.

I'd pick any of my AR's over my AK's at this point, but the fact that the AK's can function at all when you take half the parts off is pretty impressive.
View Quote

"Half the parts"

Dust cover and piston cover aren't half the parts
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top