Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Texan hand-wringing over a fucking playground.....With other Texans joining in the hand-wringing by offering "final solutions to the OP's playground problem".
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A developer lied?

Whoah.
View Quote
I thought realtors and developers never lie.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The city has to pipe in the water. So there is a big pipe under ground that no one can build over.

Looks funny in a developed area because there are houses everywhere except where this pipe lays.

It looks like a ski run through a neighborhood. Houses and fenced yards on each side with a 100 foot wide strip of grass between.
View Quote
Where i live they build roads over them, pretty dumb to leave large tracts of usable land due to poor planning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, I've posted a helpful video that will get you acclimated to what's coming:

Harbor Freight Daytona 3 Ton Floor Jack Unboxing 63183

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Post a pic of the overhead of your lots and the park area from google maps... mark park area...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Place a "Free Scrap Metal" ad on Craigslist.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
some where its not marked but others have surfaced where it is marked as a "park" but not "playground"
View Quote
Parks have playgrounds.

bottom line, FPNI!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Gah! Happy kids and some solve-able daytime privacy concessions! Fuck those kids!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Place a "Free Scrap Metal" ad on Craigslist.
View Quote
It'll be gone in no time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see the overhead pic, and see who owns what.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP sounds like the type or person who would buy a house next to an airport, then sue due to the noise.
View Quote
The State of Tennessee set aside some land near Nashville for a State-run shooting range back in the 1990's. Due to various factors, it didn't actually get built until 2003 or so. In the meantime, a bunch of subdivisions went up around the area, on what had previously been undeveloped land. Once the range was completed and open for business (Friday through Sunday only) the neighbors started complaining about the noise bothering them while they enjoyed their weekend time off and their kids potentially being endangered by stray rounds.

A group of residents went to their State representatives and got them to sponsor a bill before the legislature to change the range's hours of operation to Monday through Friday, 0900-1700-basically when the residents would be at work or school, so nobody had to listen to the noise. They were quickly shot down, though, as those hours effectively prohibited the majority of customers from using the range, which would have ended up costing the State millions of dollars. They were essentially told to pound sand, as the range plans had been in place for years before their subdivision was built and the State wasn't to blame for their realtors not divulging it to them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you want to tell other people what to do on land that is owned by someone else?

Should have bought that land if you wanted it to stay empty.

This fucking place man....

Also, post pics of the playground
View Quote
Maybe he can return his house for a full refund...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Assuming its still available, register the domain hotplaygroundmilfs.com  and put up cameras and a welcome sign in your backyard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you want to tell other people what to do on land that is owned by someone else?

Hell, wait for playground completion, use it as a selling point, and Profit!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quit being q grouchy old geezer. 

Its a playground in the suburbs for fucks sake besides you can probably check out some hot moms .
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Where i live they build roads over them, pretty dumb to leave large tracts of usable land due to poor planning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The city has to pipe in the water. So there is a big pipe under ground that no one can build over.

Looks funny in a developed area because there are houses everywhere except where this pipe lays.

It looks like a ski run through a neighborhood. Houses and fenced yards on each side with a 100 foot wide strip of grass between.
They probably don't have to worry about the frost line.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
1. Poison ivy seeds
2. Slingshot
3. ??????
4.  Profit!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good grief. 

The OP didn't move next to an airport, gun range, asphalt plant, etc, etc, and now wants it closed.  He moved next to a empty green belt, was told it would stay a green belt, and now they're building on it and he is unhappy.  See the difference?  
View Quote
Quite true.  OP made a major purchase based on an unenforceable promise from someone who doesn't even own the land.  That means he has no recourse and the landowner is well within their rights to do whatever zoning allows.  Sounds like it was already protested and discussed at local meetings but was approved anyway.  So that leaves OP with three options:

1) Move
2) Do something illegal and risk getting incarcerated
3) Deal with it

Life sometimes sucks.  I get that OP wants peace, quiet, and privacy.  It appears that his current domicile will not be able to provide that.  The best solution would be to move and buy some acreage - and do better research on the property before purchasing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#20]
im sure its been said before but here is how it works

water department gets funding
the land is paid for and is doing them no good sitting there doing nothing

hey I know... lets put a playground on it  
10,000 for the playground equipment   lets stretch that out and get 1.5 mil in funding
ohh well we need maintenance and upkeep on this playground    lets get yearly funding in our budget of say 100k for that

I got to witness some of this when I worked briefly for the county here
big money coming in  our little department had close to a million in yearly funding...  pennies being used
they wouldn't spent a dollar if they could get away with it     its going in somebodies pocket   lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#21]
This kind of stuff can happen where ever you live.

Any one of your next door neighbors could rent his house out to drug dealers tomorrow.

Even if you live in the country the adjacent property owner could build a 10k head pig farm upwind from you.  Or put in a shit-ton of windmills.  

Only solution is to own 2000 acres and put your house smack in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

they've got their land and i've got mine...
View Quote
Sucks but that's subdivision life. grow up. Don't be a curmudgeon bitter about the darn kids. Live in the center of your own 10 acre plot if you want privacy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This kind of stuff can happen where ever you live.

Any one of your next door neighbors could rent his house out to drug dealers tomorrow.
View Quote
That actually happened me. Except she was also a prostitute.

Three years of pure hell drove me to the breaking point. I decided to sell my house in the middle of the recession at a loss. A few weeks before listing, one of her exes (she was in her 40's and he was just out of high school) got jealous and decided to hammer in the skull of one client smoking dope on the ceiling of her house with a pistol. I woke up to police tape, sheriffs, and crime lab rats.

Landlord evicted the bitch a week later.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Need to discover an endangered bug or something like the leftists did here to hold up a freeway project.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Watch out for flooding OP.
Our neighborhood put in a park and now a couple of houses need flood insurance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Place a "Free Scrap Metal Meth" ad on Craigslist.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Need to discover an endangered bug or something like the leftists did here to hold up a freeway project.
View Quote
Then you'll never sell the house.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only solution is to own 2000 acres and put your house smack in the middle of it.  
View Quote
My dream home.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP sounds like the type or person who would buy a house next to an airport, then sue due to the noise.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Update?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Thread needs more MS paint...

Also OP is a Whitney crybaby. Waaa I only want to pay for 1/4 acre but I want to dictate what happens to all the surrounding land.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe a community pool will be next.
I hear the urban Yutes love to throw pool parties.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#35]
That sucks, but if you don't own that land then there's nothing you can really do about it.

Just be happy that it's not a Section 8 housing development instead.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Find something that sticks to kids, then deploy that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Climb on it.

Fall off and hurt yourself.

Profit!!!!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top