BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:01:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PRYDE:

It is really a nice touch, I have a SCS on my M&P and it seems for every SCS model Holosun actually took the effort to make the optic really match the contours of the slides.  It's that little extra attention to detail that I appreciate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK318:

The Glock version of the SCS is amazing, it is sized perfect and looks like it was designed by Glock to fit their slide. Trijicon could have done it, but they refuse to innovate.

It is really a nice touch, I have a SCS on my M&P and it seems for every SCS model Holosun actually took the effort to make the optic really match the contours of the slides.  It's that little extra attention to detail that I appreciate.

The way it is designed is really good. The 320 SCS doesn’t really match the 320 and it is big but it is also fully enclosed so the trade off is worth it. That said I would like to see Holosun make a tiny SCS for the 320 like they make for the other pistols. The Glock set up makes for an excellent EDC set up. I have one on a Gen 5 19 and a Gen 5 26. I’m not a huge fan of the green reticle but I’ve got use to it. I really like that you can use standard height sights with it. It’s very low profile and very light weight. No batteries to worry about. It’s just very well thought out.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

SD testing the SCS.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#2]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

There’s no way you actually believe this.
When you can literally get an RMR on sale for low to mid $400’s, you can’t possibly believe this is true. Stop lying to yourself.
The RMR is factually a better optic. Period. And doesn’t cost that much more in the grand scheme of things.
View Quote

This guy shoots way better than both of us and seems to disagree with you about which brand is better.
I'm not sure how you've articulated yet why your opinion matters.

Here's another video made by a competition shooter giving a fair evaluation of pros and cons, something tells me that you've already made up your mind though....

Holosun 508T V2 vs Trijicon RMR Duty Pistol Red Dots Review
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:52:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#3]

This guy shoots way better than both of us and seems to disagree with you about which brand is better.
I'm not sure how you've articulated yet why your opinion matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxUMYMANY9U

Here's another video made by a competition shooter giving a fair evaluation of pros and cons, something tells me that you've already made up your mind though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7375sM06Rg
View Quote

Lmaoooo. This dude is a clone of you. “Cheaper and “”just as good””.
Let me know when you find someone with 70k rounds on a Holosun like he said he has on that SRO. (And I mean actually have 70k, not a random dude on the internet claiming so.)
Also, RMR > SRO in terms of durability. So stop bringing up an optic no one is talking about.

Then the guy goes on to talk about CHP optics which are as garbage as garbage gets.

You’re as big of a joke as this guys opinions on CCP optics is. At this point it’s clear nothing you say can be taken seriously as you obviously don’t have the slightest clue.

I’ll leave you to yourself to keep pretending and lying to yourself about how Holosuns are better than Trijicon and Aimpoint, etc.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#4]
CoC 6

Edited - this isn't GD
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:40:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#5]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
Edited
View Quote

Weird because on page 1 I literally said if you’re buying budget optics because they fit your budget, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.
You and CCP fanboy number 2 pretend you spend your money on budget optics because they’re somehow better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]
People buy expensive items and need to justify it when lest costly options exist.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
People buy expensive items and need to justify it when lest costly, inferior options exist.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
People buy expensive items and need to justify it when lest costly, inferior options exist.

Yes.

This isn't GD.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Space-Cadet:

This isn't GD.
View Quote

Ya don’t say. Maybe you could go through the rest of the thread and let a few others know.

Thanks though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know for sure, but I would guess very low power processors and low drop out voltage inverters with low power requirements.  These allow current control of the LED (the dot) which very little overhead.  

I routinely work with embedded processors that require < 1 μA when waiting for an interrupt.  Modern bluetooth radios can stay connected and transmit data (depending on how much you are transmitting) drawing less than 50 μA.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 5:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbmillard] [#11]
There's more to it than just a battery and an LED.  LEDs are current devices.  You have to have an active current regulator that keeps the LED brightness the same as the battery voltage changes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top