Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 130
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Y-T71] [#1]
I picked up this S&W 25-5 yesterday.

Had intentions of looking at both the Sig P365 Fuse and the XTen but saw this in the consignment case and, being a S&W addict my whole life...well...

My 1st blued S&W

Wooden presentation box (inside blue flocking disintegrated and needs restored) all paperwork and unopened tools.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

N frames are my favorites.

629-2&-3 cousins

Attachment Attached File

And a 610

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
I really don't know why I bought this.   Maybe my head is dehydrated, and I need electrolytes for my pea brain, which is constipated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9714/hkmk23-3332751.jpg
View Quote

nice carbine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
I really don't know why I bought this.   Maybe my head is dehydrated, and I need electrolytes for my pea brain, which is constipated.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9714/hkmk23-3332751.jpg
View Quote

While it may not be the most useful gun in a collection, it is my favorite. It's big, bulky but a pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

The P6 was indeed a single stack. It was the Police version of the P225 and had a few differences that distinguish it from the 225. Off the top of my head, the mainspring was -I believe- 24lb, much heavier than the 225. Secondly, the unusual hammer with the cutout to indicate if the gun had been dropped on the hammer and possibly damaged. It was an easy visual mark if the spur was either bent or broken. Finally, the feed ramp profile is different, up to a certain year, because the P6s were only intended to use FMJ. So, those with the FMJ barrels may have difficulty chambering hollow points.
The "P" designation was the adoption code used by the Germany to indicate formal adoption by either military or police, if my memory serves me right. It numerically followed the Walther P5 and preceded the HK P7. The post-war version of the P-38 started it all as the P1.

The P6 and P225 use the same magazines, which are incredibly expensive (~ $75) for some reason. The newer version of the P225, the A or A1 (same thing), uses a newly-designed, non-interchangeable magazine that is much more reasonable in cost (~$35).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarlosC:
Originally Posted By peacematu:

Is that P6 a single stack?

The P6 was indeed a single stack. It was the Police version of the P225 and had a few differences that distinguish it from the 225. Off the top of my head, the mainspring was -I believe- 24lb, much heavier than the 225. Secondly, the unusual hammer with the cutout to indicate if the gun had been dropped on the hammer and possibly damaged. It was an easy visual mark if the spur was either bent or broken. Finally, the feed ramp profile is different, up to a certain year, because the P6s were only intended to use FMJ. So, those with the FMJ barrels may have difficulty chambering hollow points.
The "P" designation was the adoption code used by the Germany to indicate formal adoption by either military or police, if my memory serves me right. It numerically followed the Walther P5 and preceded the HK P7. The post-war version of the P-38 started it all as the P1.

The P6 and P225 use the same magazines, which are incredibly expensive (~ $75) for some reason. The newer version of the P225, the A or A1 (same thing), uses a newly-designed, non-interchangeable magazine that is much more reasonable in cost (~$35).

@CarlosC

Thanks.

I took a look and it seems they aren't making the 225 in 9mm anymore. I think that includes the A and A1.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 1:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 6:21:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SideCharger:
https://i.postimg.cc/tCGXfPNw/20240929-223805.jpg
View Quote

@SideCharger

Looks good. They don't make that model anymore, do they?
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

@SideCharger

Looks good. They don't make that model anymore, do they?
View Quote

As far as I know still in production.  Lots of places carry it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 130
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top