BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:16:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Posting this as a reminder of where we currently can and can't carry in New Jersey.

Green is where we can carry.  Red and Yellow (stayed) is no carry.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-05-18_231259_sconten-3217880.png

We're now in the 7th month of our appeal for all of the above and nothing has been heard from the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals but crickets.

View Quote

I'm pretty sure that chart is out of date, or at a bare minimum, confusing. It's not like we're talking about a $100 fine here. 5 years in jail for interpreting that chart wrong.

I saw a post on NJGF that listed the latest update at the bottom of the very long post. Shit like this and that is going to get someone locked up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]
BTW, WTF is an "entertainment facility?" That one bothers the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Since you've already been printed and gotten an SBI# no other fingerprinting is required for the permit to carry.

@fly223
View Quote

Great, thanks..
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

I'm pretty sure that chart is out of date, or at a bare minimum, confusing. It's not like we're talking about a $100 fine here. 5 years in jail for interpreting that chart wrong.

I saw a post on NJGF that listed the latest update at the bottom of the very long post. Shit like this and that is going to get someone locked up.
View Quote

Good point. At midnight when I posted that chart, I was half asleep while listening to gun for hire radio talking about Taylor ham and pork roll

Here's the better chart you mentioned:

Here's the direct link  where you can zoom in to read it better.

Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:
BTW, WTF is an "entertainment facility?" That one bothers the shit out of me.
View Quote

That bothers me as well. Same with "transportation hub" which Judge Bumb asked about during oral arguments and the state had no answer for. The law as written by Joe Danielson was designed to entrap and penalize as many people as possible for daring to carry with a NJ carry permit. Screw him and the Democrat legislature that supported this crap bill and screw Murphy for signing it into law and screw Platkin for enforcing it and fighting tooth and nail against us in court.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Gun Lawyer #186
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NZT:
Let us know how long getting the PP takes please.

Related but not too unrelated: As the PP are *electronic*, what does that mean? You get a LINK to download your PP you, what, save it to print? In fly223's case he requested 2 PP. How does that operate? You can only purchase 1 pistol per 30 days unless you meet specific criteria, correct?

I have not PP anything in nearly a decade, so I would likely do as member fly223 has done.
View Quote

The pistol permits I applied for took approx. 3.5 weeks from start to finish, and I was only able to purchase 1 handgun per month yes..

I'll be taking the use of force class shortly, but I will def. report when I start the process online and actually retrieve my ccw.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#11]
Let us know how long getting the PP takes please.

Related but not too unrelated: As the PP are *electronic*, what does that mean? You get a LINK to download your PP you, what, save it to print? In fly223's case he requested 2 PP. How does that operate? You can only purchase 1 pistol per 30 days unless you meet specific criteria, correct?

I have not PP anything in nearly a decade, so I would likely do as member fly223 has done
View Quote

You can get as many purchase permits you want but can only buy one gun a month unless there's an exemption.

The length of time it takes to get approved varies from town to town. Some approve in 7 days others take weeks and months.

Once you are approved you'll get an email such as this:

READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxxx
SBI Number: xxxxxxx
Issuing Police Department: Your town
Contact Phone for Issuing Police Department: (732) xxx-xxxx

Status Update: Approved

Your application for a New Jersey Firearm Purchaser Identification Card and/or Permit to Purchase a Handgun(s) has been approved by the issuing authority.
Electronic Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (E-FID):

The Electronic Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (E-FID) is available from Download E-FID link below. Please note that the physical Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards are no longer issued, and the Electronic Firearms Purchaser Identification Card is available for download and print for one year only. You will be required to present Electronic Firearms Purchaser Identification Card along with second form of government ID at the time of firearms transfer.
Download E-FID: here

Access Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Electronic Firearms Purchaser Identification Card is available only until 07/26/20xx. Please ensure that you download it to print and save a copy for your records. Otherwise, you will need to submit a new application.
Electronic Permits:

Your electronic permits are now available for use. You will NOT see your permit(s) until a HANDGUN TRANSFER has been EXECUTED.
Number of Active Permits Available for use: 1

Expiration Date: 10/24/20xx - Please note that permit(s) are automatically renewed for additional 90-days unless your Police Department de-activates your E-Permit.

All firearms must be acquired through a NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer with an approved National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS), pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:58-3(a   b). Private sales of firearms must be facilitated through a NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer unless a qualifying exemption is valid, pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:58-3(a   b). Qualifying exemption include following:

Transfer/sale between Law Enforcement Officer and another Law Enforcement Officer
Transfer/Sale between Immediate Family Members and Immediate Family Members
Transfer/Sale with Licensed Curio/Relic Dealer and Licensed Curio/Relic Dealer

Contact your LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT to determine if you qualify for a NICS Exemption listed in A, B. or C. If you CONFIRM that you qualify for one of these exemptions you DO NOT NEED to go to a NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer for a NICS check. DO NOT ASSUME YOU QUALIFY FOR A NICS EXEMPTION.
If you qualify for a NICS Check exemption, you can utilize the below link to use your E-PERMIT to purchase a handgun (NICS Check Exempt only):
Permit Execution Form for Private Seller.

Sale or transfer of firearms that are conducted under a qualifying exemption pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:58-3(a   b) must be confirmed and certified by both the transferor and transferee prior to conducting a transaction. Any person who knowingly gives false information while completing the certificate to acquire a firearm without obtaining a National Criminal Instant Background Check approval through a NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer is punishable by a crime of the third degree, pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:39-10c.

If you have any further questions about your FID card/permit(s) please contact your issuing police department.
See what else you can do online at www.NJ.gov.

NJ.gov - The official web site for the State of New Jersey

View Quote
NZT, This was all new to me as well and when I went to the gun store to look at a gun I was interested in, the clerk wanted to see the above email before selling me the gun.

Three days later the clerk called me and said that NICS approved me. So i went down to pick up my gun and that's when the clerk executed the permit online and made of copy of it for me. When I got home I also downloaded the executed permit. I didn't see the permit until I had the gun in hand.

What does the Purchase Permit look like? A link to download, then printout??? 30 days later are you using the same one or are you provided with a new link to download a different file to print out? I'm trying to understand the pieces as you have moved forward.

Thanks.
View Quote

Once you've bought the gun and the permit was executed online by the store clerk you get the following email.

READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL

This is confirmation of the E-Permit used to purchase the below Handgun(s). YOU MUST review all of the information and verify the accuracy of make, model, and serial numbers. If you notice an inaccuracy, contact your NJ Firearms Dealer or your local Police Department so that these entities can initiate the process to correct the below information:

Permit Number: xxxxxxxxx
Number of Permits executed: 1
Execution Date: xx/xx/20xx
Issuing Agency: Your town's police
Exemption Used: None
Dealership: xyz gun store
Name of Salesperson: xxxxxxxxxx
Document Download: here.
Access Key: xxxxxxxx

You can download and print the Permit PDF from the Document Download link above or by entering the Access Key above in the Document Retrieval Center. The documents are only available for download for 90 days from the permit execution date. Please ensure that you download and save/print before that.
See what else you can do online at www.NJ.gov.

NJ.gov - The official web site for the State of New Jersey
View Quote

I'll see if I can find my e-permit and post it next.

eta:

I can't seem to find my paper copy or the pdf of my executed permit. Oh well
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, efforts appreciated.

View Quote
I'm glad I could help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea what gets me boiling is having the background checks done for PP's and then having to wait another 4-5 days for bogus NJNICS to clear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MCM308:
Yea what gets me boiling is having the background checks done for PP's and then having to wait another 4-5 days for bogus NJNICS to clear.
View Quote
What ticks me off is the legislature is currently working on the budget and the governor's wants them to raise the prices on Fids, Nics, purchase and carry permits and more. So if you're boiling mad enough, contact your legislators and tell them not to raise the unconstitutional gun fees (AKA poll taxes).

Even though the current fees are in the Koons lawsuit and Bruen specifically mentions exorbitant costs to exercise a right the courts are slower than a snail. So I expect Murphy may get his wish and the fees may be raised.  If that's the case then I plan to re-new my ptc months early before any such budget is signed into law.

New Jersey's fiscal year starts on July 1st. Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]
N.J. Appellate Court Reverses Vindictive Judge's Opinion on Subjective Standard Permit Case

The law that the judge invoked, N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3(c)(5), is a subjective standard. This standard is one that's ripe for repeal, as it is not a narrow and objective disqualifier, as NYSRPA v. Bruen requires.

For whatever reason, the judge in Morris County could not just let K.D. withdraw quietly, but instead issued a 17-page document that did nothing other than defame the applicant's reputation. The case was completely moot, and that action was not necessary.

K.D., with their representation, the Nappen law firm, appealed to the Superior Court of New Jersey. "Since the appeal was withdrawn and no hearing held, the trial court issued its decision entirely upon hearsay," Louis Nappen, Esq., K.D.'s attorney stated. "Which is no way to treat a Constitutional right or even basic Due Process rights."
View Quote

link

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
i have a question for the NJ bros ?
i applied for a pistol permit. and i get a new ID card. now it has an expiration date LOL
i thought us old guys where exempt from that ? i first got my FID in 1988. i thought the law was only new people
applying had to renew. you seriously CAN NOT make this shit up. its so fkd its funny.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
BSOG1, sounds like a glitch in the matrix. You're grandfathered and your FID doesn't expire. Keep your old yellow card and you'll be fine. I heard about one guy who got an e-FID and his expiration date was in 2050

I remember you had to upload of photo for your purchase permit. Does the e-FID have your photo on it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
yes it has a photo lol. this was all supposed to be grand fathered for us old fokes.
2050 lol... its funny big bad rules NJ cant get their own rules and laws straight.

BSOG1, sounds like a glitch in the matrix. You're grandfathered and your FID doesn't expire. Keep your old yellow card and you'll be fine. I heard about one guy who got an e-FID and his expiration date was in 2050

I remember you had to upload of photo for your purchase permit. Does the e-FID have your photo on it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#21]
id go for some Free Gun stickers. waiting for a Glock 22, heard NICS is a week.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
id go for some Free Gun stickers. waiting for a Glock 22, heard NICS is a week.
View Quote
It's about 3 days right now but with the Memorial day weekend coming up that'll probably add up to 5 days.

link

The Glock 22 is a .40 S&W pistol? Let us know how you like it compared to your Glock 19.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Moms Demand Action rally for new gun control measures

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#24]
the Moms are at it again lol lol

yes 22 is 40 s and w
i like Glocks ,they are all good. the AK of pistols.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fly223] [#25]
I tried to go onto my local PD and entered the ORI # etc. and no where on the local pd site is a area for me to apply for a carry permit. I then contacted the SP, and they advised me I'd have to go onto there site and enter my local PD ORI number to complete the purchase to carry permit. Anyone else have this issue? I always used my local pd for my fid and pistol permits. Tomorrow I'll try and get this done and report back as to how long it takes.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By fly223:
I tried to go onto my local PD and entered the ORI # etc. and no where on the local pd site is a area for me to apply for a carry permit. I then contacted the SP, and they advised me I'd have to go onto there site and enter my local PD ORI number to complete the purchase to carry permit. Anyone else have this issue? I always used my local pd for my fid and pistol permits. Tomorrow I'll try and get this done and report back as to how long it takes.

View Quote
The FID and pistol purchase application was moved online several years ago to this site:

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

To apply for a carry permit you must now use this site:

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/ConcealedCarry/

No more paper applications or notary required.

Before you start your ccw application be sure you have all your information at your fingertips, emails for references, serial numbers for guns you intend to carry, your CCARE form plus your instructors qualification training info, your photo, etc. All will need to be uploaded during application. If you step away from your computer for too long, the system may log you off and you'll need to start the application all over again.

Also some police departments accept payment online while others require you to pay in person with cash or check. Yes, you'll make a partial payment when doing the application and afterwards you'll need to pay your local PD their take of the loot.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#27]
The FID and pistol purchase application was moved online several years ago to this site:

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/Fars/

To apply for a carry permit you must now use this site:

https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/ConcealedCarry/

No more paper applications or notary required.

Before you start your ccw application be sure you have all your information at your fingertips, emails for references, serial numbers for guns you intend to carry, your CCARE form plus your instructors qualification training info, your photo, etc. All will need to be uploaded during application. If you step away from your computer for too long, the system may log you off and you'll need to start the application all over again.

Also some police departments accept payment online while others require you to pay in person with cash or check. Yes, you'll make a partial payment when doing the application and afterwards you'll need to pay your local PD their take of the loot.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
View Quote

Wonderful, thank you. I'm starting the prcocess shortly.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Alright!
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#29]
good to go. talked to Detective. grandfathered for FID

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
good to go. talked to Detective. grandfathered for FID

View Quote
Good to hear that.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Shocking Number of Carry Permits Approved In NJ
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:00:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#32]
GunForHireRadio #679 Heavy Hitter Joe LoPorto joins us in the studio to share his 2A Journey

This week on Gun For Hire Radio  

Heavy Hitter Joe LoPorto joins us in the studio to share his 2A Activism Journey.

Bonus, NRA Board Meeting Updates.

Tune in, like, follow, share.
View Quote

GFH radio #679

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Gun Lawyer #187
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Northfield PD issued my friends ccw in 3 business days, everything was submitted on Friday and he received a call today to pay, and pick it up! That was fastest turn around time I've heard of so far this state..

I'm still waiting for a call from my local PD
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn impressive - Part One, Paragraph Two - a work in progress.
View Quote

Hopefully I'll get a call soon, I'd like to schedule a trip to PA for my non res. ccw on the vacation I have coming up in mid june instead of taking a extra day or 2 off.

How's your process going? Have you started the process for a pistol permit and or ccw yet?
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:16:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#38]
Northfield PD issued my friends ccw in 3 business days, everything was submitted on Friday and he received a call today to pay, and pick it up! That was fastest turn around time I've heard of so far this state..

I'm still waiting for a call from my local PD
View Quote

I know of one person in NJ that got his ptc in 1 day. Apparently him having trained some officers in his town had nothing to do with the speedy issuance.

Congrats to your friend and hopefully you'll soon join the club.

eta:

I figured I'd add this here since you're waiting on your carry permit. You can search for your town and see how long they took to issue permits.

Permit to Carry Delay Statistics

https://www.njnics.com/delayptc.php

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#39]
It came about 40 days or so.

I made my purchase and while checking out additional mags I see an asymmetrical frame to slide mating.

No way to post at this time.
View Quote
Which gun? How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fly223] [#42]

I know of one person in NJ that got his ptc in 1 day. Apparently him having trained some officers in his town had nothing to do with the speedy issuance.

Congrats to your friend and hopefully you'll soon join the club.

eta:

I figured I'd add this here since you're waiting on your carry permit. You can search for your town and see how long they took to issue permits.

Permit to Carry Delay Statistics

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/93999/Opera_Snapshot_2024-05-30_170630_www_fac-3227463.png

https://www.njnics.com/delayptc.php

View Quote

Wonderful, thanks.  

If I read that correctly sea isle city is approx 65 days? I received my pistol permits in March in less then 2 weeks.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Wonderful, thanks.  

If I read that correctly sea isle city is approx 65 days? I received my pistol permits in March in less then 2 weeks.  
View Quote

That 65 days for Sea Isle City is the average for that town's PD issuing permits to carry, not purchase permits.

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 5:23:15 AM EDT
[#44]

That 65 days for Sea Isle City is the average for that town's PD issuing permits to carry, not purchase permits.

View Quote

Perfect, thanks..
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Too many other things took priority.

G48 - no optics, cuz no want to retrain my brain.
View Quote
I hear ya. For me it's not a hobby anymore but a lifestyle of pants on, guns on.

I went with the Glock 48 mos so I could use an optic. My aging eyes just aren't what they used to be. There was a short learning curve with the optic but imo it was worth the effort to be able to shoot with both eyes open while focused on the target instead of on the front sight. It all boils down to a consistent draw and presentation in order to see the dot.

I think the G48 is a good choice. Just wish the trigger was a bit better. If we ever get the mag ban case settled in our favor I'll be ordering 15 round mags for the G48 from PSA.

Tier 1 axis elite sidecar holster, Spyderco knife, G48 mos with a Holosun green dot and a Snakestaff TQ.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice setup!

The Kydex a 3-5'clock IWB?
View Quote

Appendix inside waistband (AIWB) with a Kore belt and ratty old jeans

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Nice setup!

The Kydex a 3-5'clock IWB?
View Quote

That's an appendix setup, my friend. I carry the same way with my G43X with RMRcc and TLR-7sub... T1C Axis Elite is the most comfortable appendix rig I've worn (and I've worn quite a few.)
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top