User Panel

Site Notices
LoTW still down (Page 6 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:11:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkLordVader] [#2]
Everything is fine, the integrity of the system is in tact.

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want them to keep it down now, its funnier this way.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#5]
MEMBER BULLETIN

July 1, 2024

Dear ARRL member,

Effective 12:00pm ET / 16:00 UTC we will be returning Logbook of The World® (LoTW®) to service.

As work progressed on the network, some users encountered LoTW opening briefly during which some 6600 logs were uploaded. The logs were not processed until this weekend as we tested that the interfaces to LoTW were functioning properly.

We are taking steps to help manage what will likely be a huge influx of logs. We are requesting that if you have large uploads, perhaps from contests or from a DXpedition, please wait a week or two before uploading to give LoTW a chance to catch up. We have also implemented a process to reject logs with excessive duplicates. Please do not upload your entire log to “ensure” your contacts are in LoTW as they will be rejected. Lastly, please do not call ARRL Headquarters to report issues you are having with LoTW. You can contact support at [email protected].

Through the end of the year, you may experience planned times when LoTW will be unavailable. We have been using this time to evaluate operational and infrastructure improvements we would like to make to LoTW. Those times will be announced.

We appreciate your patience as we worked through the challenges keeping LoTW from returning to service. We know the importance of LoTW to our members, and to the tens of thousands of LoTW users who are not ARRL members. LoTW, just behind QST, is our second most popular ARRL benefit.

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It is up, but broken.

Makes you log back on at each and every screen change. You can navigate around in it, but log on a hundred times.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Moon-Watcher:
MEMBER BULLETIN

July 1, 2024

Dear ARRL member,

Effective 12:00pm ET / 16:00 UTC we will be returning Logbook of The World® (LoTW®) to service. ...
View Quote

Originally Posted By K0UA:
It is up, but broken.

Makes you log back on at each and every screen change. You can navigate around in it, but log on a hundred times.
View Quote

I'm not going to try logging in any time soon. I have a small number of QSOs to upload, but will only try that during off hours when traffic is apt to be light.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Upload and download worked fine for me. I had about 175 contacts, so not as many as some might have.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
works ok from my phone, but not any of my pc's.
I tried dumping cookies, but did not fix it.

Talked to two other guys. one has the same problem as I have and the other says all works ok.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#10]
I uploaded 175 contacts from N3FJP and received confirmations with no issues.  I can also log in on LoTW via the computer without trouble either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, WTF is the problem?

I am trying to figure it out. but has to be related to cookies or browser.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, it is so bogged down now, with everyone hitting it. It is basically useless.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I uploaded my 33 QSO's.

I assume they went through.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I have given up for the day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
MEMBER BULLETIN

July 1, 2024

Dear ARRL member,

Effective 12:00pm ET / 16:00 UTC we will be returning Logbook of The World® (LoTW®) to service.

As work progressed on the network, some users encountered LoTW opening briefly during which some 6600 logs were uploaded. The logs were not processed until this weekend as we tested that the interfaces to LoTW were functioning properly.

We are taking steps to help manage what will likely be a huge influx of logs. We are requesting that if you have large uploads, perhaps from contests or from a DXpedition, please wait a week or two before uploading to give LoTW a chance to catch up. We have also implemented a process to reject logs with excessive duplicates. Please do not upload your entire log to “ensure” your contacts are in LoTW as they will be rejected. Lastly, please do not call ARRL Headquarters to report issues you are having with LoTW. You can contact support at [email protected].

Through the end of the year, you may experience planned times when LoTW will be unavailable. We have been using this time to evaluate operational and infrastructure improvements we would like to make to LoTW. Those times will be announced.

We appreciate your patience as we worked through the challenges keeping LoTW from returning to service. We know the importance of LoTW to our members, and to the tens of thousands of LoTW users who are not ARRL members. LoTW, just behind QST, is our second most popular ARRL benefit.

View Quote

Listening to the way pileups go, there ain't nobody waiting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got all my logs from the past two months uploaded.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By USMC2671:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

j/k We're all doing it, or at least trying.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#18]
The page is faster than ever now, but not showing the QSOs I uploaded earlier today yet. That'll probably take some time.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/Untitled_jpg-3255384.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC2671:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67651/Untitled_jpg-3255384.JPG
I was just able to upload 2500 contacts to LOTW from QRZ without any issues. I will give it some time before I try downloading LOWT into my QRZ logbook.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Madness] [#20]
https://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

5 million QSOs uploaded in the first four hours today ain't bad. Lol!
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I am too lazy to check but is all your QSO data still there or did you have to upload all of them from your log?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mach:
I am too lazy to check but is all your QSO data still there or did you have to upload all of them from your log?
View Quote

All of my LOTW data up until the date of the failure is still intact on their site.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mach:
View Quote

All of mine was there up until the time of the shutdown.  I uploaded 290 QSOs from my QRZ log at about 1900 UTC.  It looked like the queue was about 3 hours behind.  I'll check again in a little while and see if it made it in.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Hopefully they will release a cause of all this when it is 100% restored.  I'm surprised that it came back at all.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#25]
ARRL's relaunch of LoTW

Mad Mike Hughes' Fatal Rocket Launch - Feb. 22, 2020

Link Posted: 7/1/2024 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File

No, not really. I am waiting, but I thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K0UA] [#27]
How many (show of hands) are having the same problems I am.

First login ALWAYS fails
Second login always works.

When changing pages (my qso's, awards etc)  It always logs you out and returns to the login screen

Does not work on Chrome or Edge.  Reboot does not work. I have tried every cookie thing I can think of . Nothing seems to work.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok. I fixed it.  Cleared ALL cache, and ALL cookies.  Now it all works.

Now I have to login to everything, including AR15.com pages I had open...Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 11:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#29]
LoTW seems to be humming along again, so life is good!  
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#30]
I uploaded less than 100 QSO’s yesterday at about 17:00pm local

12 hours later, not seeing that under “your activity “ yet

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:04:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#33]

I wonder what the queue status looked like on a typical day prior to the outage. If I knew that, I could check the status and when it reached normal operating numbers, I would then try to upload my QSOs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Emoto:

I wonder what the queue status looked like on a typical day prior to the outage. If I knew that, I could check the status and when it reached normal operating numbers, I would then try to upload my QSOs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Emoto:

When everything was working well, and NOT just after a major contest, the queue was about 5 minutes
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By K0UA:
When everything was working well, and NOT just after a major contest, the queue was about 5 minutes
View Quote

Ah! Good info. Thanks!

Attachment Attached File

I see that at 14:08z it was processing a log uploaded over 14 hours prior.

Yeah, I can wait a while. I am somewhat less than convinced that nothing can happen to queued logs, so would prefer mine not be in that state for so long. I think the risk is low, but still...
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#37]
It's been 24 hours since I uploaded 33 QSOs and they still don't show in my most recent QSO list.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#38]
LoTW clogged up worse than the toilet at Ryan's Steakhouse.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#39]
The delay in processing is only getting worse. Note the times I've underlined. Yes, there are more logs in the queue now. I wonder if their setup includes additional processing power in anticipation of the load. I am guessing no, because if I understand the information that is sent to LotW (please correct me if I am wrong) correctly, it is just tagged text, which should be ridiculously fast and easy to process.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#40]
seeing a little coming through….

this was a POTA IIRC…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]
The 12 logs I uploaded yesterday were processed within 3 hours.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#42]
All the old geezers uploading their Field Day logs, CQ WW Contest logs, VHF/UHF Contest logs etc., ignored the ARRL's request to not upload huge ADIF files to the server.  

The others are re-uploading their entire logbooks because they are worried that their previous logbook data isn't on LoTW doesn't help either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#43]
predictable

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I had 36 QSO confirmed today, so they are churning through the backlog.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Only 3 matches so far. But I only uploaded 10
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#47]
that site is such a cluster I dont think I could get in even if it was working. I swear hams are masochistic and just make stuff complicated to gate keep.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Looks like we might be back to normal conditions, boys!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#50]
Attachment Attached File

Sounds like they still haven't fixed quite everything at the ARRL.

I have several cards that need to be checked for DXCC credit, but it appears I will have to wait a bit longer.
Page / 7
LoTW still down (Page 6 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top