Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Big update inbound August 6th! A bunch of new enemies, mission types, difficulty 10, kicked players being put into their own game with all rewards, social menu fixes, and more unannounced stuff.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/07/23/helldivers-2s-biggest-update-yet-escalation-of-freedom-drops-august-6/

Helldivers 2 - Escalation of Freedom Announcement Trailer | PS5 & PC Games

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Big update inbound August 6th! A bunch of new enemies, mission types, difficulty 10, kicked players being put into their own game with all rewards, social menu fixes, and more unannounced stuff.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/07/23/helldivers-2s-biggest-update-yet-escalation-of-freedom-drops-august-6/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQl2BmhSCsA
View Quote

Yeah I'm looking forward to this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
They're threatening to give us the anti-tank mines if we don't complete the order. For those wondering, the community has refused the AT-mine reward multiple times and it's become a meme at this point lol.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I read that then read it again because initially I thought it was both the reward for success AND the punishment for failure
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I laughed hard/loud enough at that MO that my wife said "I don't wanna know" because she assumed it was an inappropriate meme or something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Haven't got a chance to play the update yet, but it appears that they nerfed the Breaker Incendiary and the Flamethrower

Watching some of the clips on YouTube and Reddit; the new enemies are pretty cool.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/553850/announcements/detail/4339865428695343824
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally I think they could have made the Breaker both better and more balanced just by narrowing the spread.  The only time I ever use the flamer is when there is a daily personal order requiring it.  I'm 99% of the time a machinegunner and the balance on those is great right now, especially with the Eagle Airstrike and Orbital Gatling to allow you to deal with enemy heavies now and then.

The lower toughness on the dropship and gunship engines is gonna be great for the HMG.

I'm interested to see the new mission types.  Really hoping for a sample exchange system soon since I'm maxed out on everything except samples and I'm grinding those for ship modules.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:27:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#9]
Greater risk, greater rewards! (that you can't spend on anything and are completely meaningless, but you'll get more of them!!)

Let me buy a 5th stratagem slot with samples or req slips or medals or all 3.  Or rent one to burn all of this maxed out shit on.  That would be something at least.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Eh Super Helldive ain't no thing
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't jumped on yet but hopefully will get in a session later this week.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Ran a pack on 9 to unlock 10, then did a complete pack. 10s are fun. We completed a pack but couldn't come close to clearing them. It took everything to do main and the new side missions.

The new bugs are cool. Definitely changed the dynamic. Bring a 380 or two for the super nest.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Hell yeah man barrage party time.  New cooldown on the 120mm may make it viable as an "always take" stratagem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 2:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#14]
Damn I forgot about the 120 changes.  I'll have to try it out tonight.

I highly recommend considering the 380 a must have (at the squad level) to soften up a Super Nest though.  They're basically multiple normal nests linked together in close proximity and from what I saw, only have 2 entrances making it very difficult to simply clear the area by engaging and falling back until any active bugs are dead, then re-entering to close holes, which seems a rather typical method for light/medium/heavy nests.

One of them we went into and there were, just idle, 3 bile titans, 6 behemoth chargers, 3-4 regular chargers, at least one of the new graboid chargers (which aren't completely bullet proof thank god) not to mention the swarm of hunters spitters and alpha brood commanders.

I also happened on to a stalker nest that seemed to be bugged.  There were 20+ stalkers stacked up just outside one of the bug holes and another 6-8 roaming in a 30 foot radius.  Actually shocked/scared me  That was the first time I called in an orbital laser for stalkers

The biggest change on 10 seems to be the rate of breeches and patrols, with a slight change to mix.  There are slightly fewer behemoths or other heavies, significantly more trash and medium mobs, as a percentage of mix.  But SIGNIFICANTLY higher spawn rates.  

Once I went with another guy to do the first part of the data upload mission, so one instance of a terminal, dropping a strategem ssd, then uploading to the relay.  It's generally a cakewalk, even on 9.  Something you can often do alone, or easily as a pair.

I burned 2 orbital lasers and dropped my autocannon sentry 4 times before we were able to breath long enough to actually start the terminal and do the objective.  We really should have broken contact, allowed things to despawn and came back, but it was just interesting to see how long it would go.  The initial breech was 3 at once, then as they petered out, we'd get a roaming patrol from 2 different directions, by time the patrols were cleared, another breech, rinse repeat.  It was ridiculous.  

And I am not pleased with the Incendiary magazine count nerf.  Basically forced me to bring the supply pack.  I would have preferred a damage reduction, a DOT reduction, a spread increase, weapons handling reduction, more recoil than they did give it, practically ANYTHING but a decrease in mag capacity or mag count.  I can't tell how many times I went from resupply or reinforcement to bingo ammo before even getting a chance to find my support weapon or call a new one down.  I tried the OG Breaker once, but it's so limited on capacity that you're constantly reloading, and I've definitely become trained to "wound and let burn" with the incendiary which was really difficult to get out of the habit of.  

On the last round where we completed the mission but couldn't make evac, the squad used a combined 94 stims and had 30 combined deaths
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#15]
still no promised cape regarding the sony incident?
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#16]
No and if these fucking children keep review bombing them it won't happen.

Seriously GenX gamers are the best gamers.  Everyone younger than us whines and moans when the play is balanced.  If you can't Helldive then go on lower difficulty until you Git Gud.  THAT IS WHY THERE ARE DIFFICULTY LEVELS.  Running out of ammo on lvl6?  Okay then get better or go down to lvl5 or figure out why.  Maybe you need to play team quartermaster.  Maybe you need a machinegunner on your squad for low level mobs.  Flamer can't kill Chargers anymore?  Well then stop bitching and look at your team's loadout screen - bring some EATs or something if no one else is playing anti-armor role.

Everyone wants to just decimate on the hardest difficulty.  The real retardation is these Youtube channels that are amplifying this message, because the same guys talking about needing higher difficulty to retain players are then turning around and bitching when balancing a weapon made the game harder at the higher difficulties.  WTF?

Whatever - the most fun gameplay is when you're on the razor's edge.  When you are watching your orbitals and supply count down you've got one grenade, your secondary, and a few shots on your primary and someone fucks up and triggers a bug breach and suddenly you're trying to outmaneuver three bile titans and some behemoths.

Anyways I stayed up way too late last night to get in a full three HD missions to unlock lvl10 so I will probably drop into some of those games this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
still no promised cape regarding the sony incident?
View Quote
That was never resolved FYI. There are still a bunch of countries barred even after they said the issues were reversed/fixed. Lots of people outta money still.
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 4:58:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#18]
This warbond definitely feels like the weakest one. The fire armor is... kind of pointless. You still have to stim through being set on fire; it just gives you more time in exchange for useful armor benefits. The flamers are weaker versions of the support, but the primary is nice to free up a stratagem slot. Punisher incendiary is alright.  Hellpod lighting the ground on fire sounds like a bad time... I haven't tried it yet though.

For the patch I love the new 120mm. It's about a must take for me now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:
No and if these fucking children keep review bombing them it won't happen.

Seriously GenX gamers are the best gamers.  Everyone younger than us whines and moans when the play is balanced.  If you can't Helldive then go on lower difficulty until you Git Gud.  THAT IS WHY THERE ARE DIFFICULTY LEVELS.  Running out of ammo on lvl6?  Okay then get better or go down to lvl5 or figure out why.  Maybe you need to play team quartermaster.  Maybe you need a machinegunner on your squad for low level mobs.  Flamer can't kill Chargers anymore?  Well then stop bitching and look at your team's loadout screen - bring some EATs or something if no one else is playing anti-armor role.

Everyone wants to just decimate on the hardest difficulty.  The real retardation is these Youtube channels that are amplifying this message, because the same guys talking about needing higher difficulty to retain players are then turning around and bitching when balancing a weapon made the game harder at the higher difficulties.  WTF?

Whatever - the most fun gameplay is when you're on the razor's edge.  When you are watching your orbitals and supply count down you've got one grenade, your secondary, and a few shots on your primary and someone fucks up and triggers a bug breach and suddenly you're trying to outmaneuver three bile titans and some behemoths.

Anyways I stayed up way too late last night to get in a full three HD missions to unlock lvl10 so I will probably drop into some of those games this weekend.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:40:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#20]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
This warbond definitely feels like the weakest one. The fire armor is... kind of pointless. You still have to stim through being set on fire; it just gives you more time in exchange for useful armor benefits. The flamers are weaker versions of the support, but the primary is nice to free up a stratagem slot. Punisher incendiary is alright.  Hellpod lighting the ground on fire sounds like a bad time... I haven't tried it yet though.

For the patch I love the new 120mm. It's about a must take for me now.
View Quote

Concur particularly on the 120.  It now performs better than just "a weaker 380" and the improved cool down makes it tough to leave behind.

A couple clips from level 10 bugs.  Want stalkers?  We got stalkers.  I dropped an orbital laser on what was remaining upon reinforce and killed 19 more

Also, the Impaler has quite an arm.  This is the first time I've become a traitor before touching the ground

Weird how the capture gets my squad's voice chat but not mine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#21]
LMAO I just got out of my first level 10 and I got launched so hard by an Impaler that I went back into orbit and my team was ready to extract by the time I landed.  There was a traitor barrage going on the whole fucking game.

Holy shit I was laughing so hard I've got a headache.

Whatever they got out with the egg sample thing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
They seem to have fixed my friends list so here's a fresh code 2344-8101
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top