BCM
User Panel

The Acoustic Guitar (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 11:46:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

My current two favorites. Boucher Bluegrass Goose. Mahogany and Red Spruce.  As nice a guitar as ANYONE can or does build.
Lowden O-50. African Blackwood and Sinker Redwood. A real moody big sound machine with huge headroom. Arm bevels and Gotoh tuners are game changers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 11:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#2]
Attachment Attached File

Breedlove Revival Brazilian and Red Spruce. Preston Thompson designed and inspired return to roots guitar.

Collings SJ-Maple and Western Spruce

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

The “all’s”.

Breedlove all Myrtlewood
Takamine all Koa.

The Breedlove is my all weather-no matter what- it works and sounds great any time almost always in tune guitar.
The Takamine is an off catalogue model rumored to have been built for Jackson Browne.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bourgeois Country Boy- “The Tree” NAMM show guitar. A bluegrass cannon.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice figuring in that wood.  I have never had much exposure to Bourgeios guitars.  Like the looks of that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 9:21:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jimmybcool:
Nice figuring in that wood.  I have never had much exposure to Bourgeios guitars.  Like the looks of that one.
View Quote

Dana Bourgeois is probably the one who has taught and defines what “ tone tapping” is when it comes to building acoustic guitars.
The back and sides are from a giant 500 year old mahogany that is just known as “The Tree”. It has its own epic story but it’s known for this incredible 3’d figuring that most photographs don’t capture well. George Lucus is rumored to have paneled his office in this wood.
We bought this guitar as an investment-we’ll see.

We looked at Ryan’s and Petros as well. Your’s is spectacular.
There are some stunningly beautiful guitars coming out of the east (Japan and Thailand ) but they haven’t caught on yet.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:02:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingstrider] [#7]
I have always been a Gibson fan and have owned dozens of them over the years.  It all started when I was a kid and saw photos of Keith Richards with a Hummingbird on one of my mom's vinyl records.  I wish I had several of them back including a nice early 70s Dove.  Come and go I guess.

Reissue Hummingbird

J-185 12-string

J-45 1960s reissue in pumpkin orange
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kingstrider:
I have always been a Gibson fan and have owned dozens of them over the years.  It all started when I was a kid and saw photos of Keith Richards with a Hummingbird on one of my mom's vinyl records.  I wish I had several of them back including a nice early 70s Dove.  Come and go I guess.

Reissue Hummingbird
https://i.imgur.com/kCbtPh7h.jpg

J-185 12-string
https://i.imgur.com/rRn2onYh.jpg

J-45 1960s reissue in pumpkin orange
https://i.imgur.com/S4YekR4h.jpg
View Quote

Those are nice. For me I’ve wanted a Dove ever since watching Pure Country. I have yet to get one and decided to go the Martin rout instead but I would still like to get one someday.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh wow that’s nice!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
The Acoustic Guitar (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top