Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have recently done some basic mods on a couple watches. But I'm just starting out with this stuff.

First was an SRPE. Replaced the bracelet, crystal, chapter ring, and bezel to make a Datejusty style.

Attachment Attached File

Second was just swapping a movement around so that I could have a proper acrylic crystal.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Giving some wear time to a green meteorite sub today.

Cool filter used on this pic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my next one will be a gold cased dive watch with a seamaster style bezel. Can't decide on a dial...probably will do a GMT since I don't have one yet.

Has anyone sent casebacks out to get engraved anywhere? I'd like to engrave the ones I made for the kids, but there space is really tight since they're clear ones. I need a place that can do really small lettering that isn't going to charge an arm and a leg. I might try a local place...
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teats] [#5]
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:42:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teats] [#6]
Since you have the clear case backs, get a rotor weight sticker engraved. There''s a guy in the U.K. that does it.I''ve purchased 2 covers from him, and his work is spot on.
He goes by nattyjade on ebay. I tried to copy a link and post it, and it went wacko on here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By teats:
Since you have the clear case backs, get a rotor weight sticker engraved. There''s a guy in the U.K. that does it.I''ve purchased 2 covers from him, and his work is spot on.
He goes by nattyjade on ebay. I tried to copy a link and post it, and it went wacko on here.
View Quote

I've considered that as well, but thought the quality might be lacking. They don't look like stickers? I will check him out, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I've considered that as well, but thought the quality might be lacking. They don't look like stickers? I will check him out, thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Since you have the clear case backs, get a rotor weight sticker engraved. There''s a guy in the U.K. that does it.I''ve purchased 2 covers from him, and his work is spot on.

They are made out of metal, brass I believe. Just peel and stick.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ah, nice. That's a great option then.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phobby] [#10]
Recently came across a new watch band website everyone might enjoy parts from.

https://www.partsforwatch.com/product/bracelet-acier-steel-strap-band-21mm-for-rolex-deepsea-explorer-ii-replacement/
This is their copy of the 21mm Deepsea Sea Dweller band and glidelock clasp.

The Sea Dweller Gildelock Clasp is possibly the best clasp design currently made. 20mm of quick adjustment is very nice.

They also offer the glidelock clasp for GMT and Sub bands.

The Sea Dweller clasp accepts 9mm oyster bracelet connections and 18mm bracelet width.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Wearing my Green Goblin creation for tonight's run.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 9:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teats] [#13]
Made this last night.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top