Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
I'm on day 3 of having a P1S with AMS. Upgraded from a Creality CR10.

Omg this is amazing!

Are there any downsides to this wonderful device?

I'm running 3 month old filament that's been in my basement with my 125 gallon saltwater aquarium, and it's smooth and trouble free. It's simply amazing.
View Quote

Filament can break off inside the AMS and you basically have to take the AMS apart to clear it. That was one of my biggest issues I had. It stopped mid print, but to clear it I had to remove the AMS and basically accept I would ruin the print after unplugging everything.

I printed an AMS riser with drawers to help organize stuff, and it keeps the PTFE tube from rubbing on the top glass which nearly rubbed through the PTFE tube. It's a little quieter now that I can close the door and the AMS riser has a place for the top glass to rest if you don't need a fully enclosed printer for PLA or PETG.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By memsu:

Filament can break off inside the AMS and you basically have to take the AMS apart to clear it. That was one of my biggest issues I had. It stopped mid print, but to clear it I had to remove the AMS and basically accept I would ruin the print after unplugging everything.

I printed an AMS riser with drawers to help organize stuff, and it keeps the PTFE tube from rubbing on the top glass which nearly rubbed through the PTFE tube. It's a little quieter now that I can close the door and the AMS riser has a place for the top glass to rest if you don't need a fully enclosed printer for PLA or PETG.
View Quote

That's good to know! Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Hut8] [#3]
I don't know if this has been covered yet.   I apologize for being lazy but I don't feel like reviewing 13 pages of information looking for it.  

I was 95% complete with a four hour print job when the power went out.   The power was out about 30 seconds and then came back on.   The printer powered itself back up and asked me if I wanted to resume the print job.   I said yes and the job finished without any visible indication that it was interrupted.   The part being printed is strictly cosmetic so there isn't any concern with a hidden structural deficiency causing problems down the road.  

And this was with a Bambu labs X1C with AMS.   Print job is PLA.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 2Hut8:
I don't know if this has been covered yet.   I apologize for being lazy but I don't feel like reviewing 13 pages of information looking for it.  

I was 95% complete with a four hour print job when the power went out.   The power was out about 30 seconds and then came back on.   The printer powered itself back up and asked me if I wanted to resume the print job.   I said yes and the job finished without any visible indication that it was interrupted.   The part being printed is strictly cosmetic so there isn't any concern with a hidden structural deficiency causing problems down the road.  

View Quote

Yes, this is a feature.
Unfortunately when the power outage is longer, the bed will cool down and the print will often detach when it turns back on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Yes, this is a feature.
Unfortunately when the power outage is longer, the bed will cool down and the print will often detach when it turns back on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes, this is a feature.
My X1C is plugged into an APC UPS.  It is an older model that I got free from work.  Spent ~$50 on new batteries for it and have not had an issue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeap, the resume feature is good but if you can swing it get a battery backup inline with it. I too have a cheapie $50 one but it has proven it's self to be worthy several times over.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I am really waffling over what to get. I want a P1S with AMS, but its almost $1000, I have just over $800 set aside in fun money. I have a working ender 3 that I modded and now it doesnt work as well as it did stock . plug and play and performance of bambu makes me want one but I really cant justify $1000 with how little I print, and I dont even know if I really need the AMS. I would just get the printer but its $100 off the AMS if you get the combo. I could get the A1 combo but I really dont want a non enclosed printer since I would like to print some gun stuff. and it just seems like a step down from the P1s. IDK. Ill probably use it 3 times and let it gather dust like the ender
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I am really waffling over what to get. I want a P1S with AMS, but its almost $1000, I have just over $800 set aside in fun money. I have a working ender 3 that I modded and now it doesnt work as well as it did stock . plug and play and performance of bambu makes me want one but I really cant justify $1000 with how little I print, and I dont even know if I really need the AMS. I would just get the printer but its $100 off the AMS if you get the combo. I could get the A1 combo but I really dont want a non enclosed printer since I would like to print some gun stuff. and it just seems like a step down from the P1s. IDK. Ill probably use it 3 times and let it gather dust like the ender
View Quote

If I had to tinker with and fix my printer then I wouldn't use it as much as I do now.   I bought my printer in January of 2024 and I have over 700 hours on it so far.  

You can forgo the AMS now and add one later if you want.   I don't do may color changes mid-print.   I would like to do more.   The big benefit of the AMS for me is that it allows me to use up spools that are nearly empty and then automatically switch to a new one.   I am routinely surprised by how long almost-empty spools last.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#10]

If I had to tinker with and fix my printer then I wouldn't use it as much as I do now.   I bought my printer in January of 2024 and I have over 700 hours on it so far.  

You can forgo the AMS now and add one later if you want.   I don't do may color changes mid-print.   I would like to do more.   The big benefit of the AMS for me is that it allows me to use up spools that are nearly empty and then automatically switch to a new one.   I am routinely surprised by how long almost-empty spools last.
View Quote
I would totally do that and I still might, its just the 250 now vs 350 later is not a small difference percentage wise. that and its now getting a little long in the tooth. I'd hate to spend $700-950 and have a new printer drop in 4 months.

this guy is local to me. this could also be an option, saves tax and shipping, get it today and have some extra crap. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/el-cajon-3d-printer-bambu-lab-ps1/7766833573.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I would totally do that and I still might, its just the 250 now vs 350 later is not a small difference percentage wise. that and its now getting a little long in the tooth. I'd hate to spend $700-950 and have a new printer drop in 4 months.

this guy is local to me. this could also be an option, saves tax and shipping, get it today and have some extra crap. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ele/d/el-cajon-3d-printer-bambu-lab-ps1/7766833573.html
View All Quotes

You can check printer hours before buying.

If low, I’d jump all over that if you don’t need the extras of a X1 combo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

You can check printer hours before buying.

If low, I'd jump all over that if you don't need the extras of a X1 combo.
View Quote
I texted him twice today. no response. buying shit used is almost worse than being stabbed.  found a X1c with AMS for 515 shipped on offerup. messaged him. no response
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 3:47:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 1:27:11 AM EDT
[#14]
What's everyone's favorite PETG? I saw Bambu just came out with their HF, but it seems to be overly sensitive to moisture and weaker than regular PETG. Not sure that I want to make that trade for some time saving.

Link Posted: 8/5/2024 4:32:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gage] [#15]
Originally Posted By davewvu86:
What's everyone's favorite PETG? I saw Bambu just came out with their HF, but it seems to be overly sensitive to moisture and weaker than regular PETG. Not sure that I want to make that trade for some time saving.

View Quote

The last time I used Turquois Green ATOMIC PETG the two rolls I bought at different times both were bad. Very brittle no matter how long I dried them. A slight bend and it would snap clean off. I reviewed it on their sight. They wanted to know the lot number but I had already thrown them out.  

Bambu labs PETG works very well.

I've been using TINMORRY PETG-CF with really good results. They raised their price to $29 a kilo recently.

I ordered a few rolls of Bambu Lab ABS-GF (glass filled) ($30) for large prints based on a review by youtuber clough42. Good review.

My New Favorite Engineering Filament for Large Parts | ABS-GF | Surface Grinder Automation Part 9
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

My X1C really likes NuMakers. As a bonus it is dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 9:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Just ordered some  VOXELPETG+. We will see how it runs.
View Quote

I saw some recommendations for this company in other discussions about Bambu and saw that they sell several other products specifically for Bambu. They're also a Richmond company that supports some of the schools back north, so I placed an order.

If this doesn't workout, I'll give Nunmaker a shot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Just ordered some  VOXELPETG+. We will see how it runs.
View Quote
Interested in your results.  I can get Bambu filament locally but the Voxel price is better for basic filaments.
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:40:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#20]

View Quote

It is the only PETG I have used.  I took it straight from the bag and put it in my AMS and started printing.  It is some of the nicest printing filament that I have.

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 1:09:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#23]
X1C Print:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Just get the Basic P1S when it goes on sale.

If I had to have one printer I'd pick it or the QIDI XPlus3. I have both of those, but I have business needs for them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I finally got their basic PETG to print well and now it's being discontinued. It likes to be printed hot BTW and with my E3D Obxidian hot end I can print it fairly fast.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't want to be some manufacturers beta tester.

Pass.
View Quote
especially with a price of $2750
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Got a bambu a1 last month. Thing is great, but occasionally gives me a 'heatbed temperature malfunction' and stops the print. Sometimes I can resume no problem, and sometimes I get the error multiple times and have to cancel the print.  Happens like 1 out of 5 prints. Any ideas what might be going on?  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Loose connection to the heat  bed. Defective  heat bed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Dude, just get it.

I feel it pays for itself.

Easy to use and fast prints. Especially with PET-G. That stuff is sexy and my P1S seems to print it better than PLA.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I ordered 5 kg from bambus sale. I'm about halfway through a roll  so far.
Dried it for 3 hours at 50C.

Only issue is you need to download new profiles (bottom right of the screen) of it won't auto recognize it on Studio.

I've been printing pistol brace kits.

Next purchase is going to be the rubber stuff.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Better get your Bambus while you still can, they're being sued by Stratasys for patent infringement on a bunch of different things.

https://insight.rpxcorp.com/litigation_documents/15797607
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
Better get your Bambus while you still can, they're being sued by Stratasys for patent infringement on a bunch of different things.

View Quote

1. Purge tower
2. heat bed
3. something about wall thickness
4 and 5: extruder sensors

Interesting... so what does Stratasys build?  The heatbed at least seems like a very basic 3d-printing principle, are other manufacturers licensing this or also in violation (but too small fry to sue?)

Gave notice to BL they were infringing on August 4 (a Sunday?) and sued on August 8.

I'd normally be pretty sympathetic to claims of Chinese copying, but it also smells a bit of patent troll.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Patent troll, as Mpisi said. Lots of discussion on the Bambu groups on Facebook.
Other companies have been using this stuff for years, and all of a sudden, Bambu is stealing patents?
Nope, don't buy it. Stratasys value has been dropping like a rock, they're overpriced, and Bambu has better quality. They're desperate.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:

I ordered 5 kg from bambus sale. I'm about halfway through a roll  so far.
Dried it for 3 hours at 50C.

Only issue is you need to download new profiles (bottom right of the screen) of it won't auto recognize it on Studio.

I've been printing pistol brace kits.

Next purchase is going to be the rubber stuff.
View Quote
I'm on call this weekend. worked over 20 hours so far. gonna just pull the trigger when my OT check gets here. ill buy the whole thing with all the bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

My ex wife was a patent attorney that did work for Stratasys so good luck to Bambu Labs
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#36]

1. Purge tower
2. heat bed

Interesting... so what does Stratasys build?  The heatbed at least seems like a very basic 3d-printing principle, are other manufacturers licensing this or also in violation (but too small fry to sue?)

Gave notice to BL they were infringing on August 4 (a Sunday?) and sued on August 8.

I'd normally be pretty sympathetic to claims of Chinese copying, but it also smells a bit of patent troll.
View All Quotes

1. Purge tower
2. heat bed

If they are successful with the Bambu lawsuit, expect them to go after every other manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]
For those who don't want to read the lawsuit.
Stratasys Sues Bambu Lab For Patent Infringement

I'm not a lawyer, but Stratasys has ignored every other company's IP infringement for years and just goes after one cause it's too good.  I thought you had to defend your IP aggressively in order to have a claim.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#38]
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:25:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#39]
P1s combo showed up. I dont have wifi in the garage and the fuckers dont do ethernet like god intended so Im having to install a WAP in the garage. I guess Ill have wifi in my driveway now? the unit just fits where I want it under a shelf so the AMS is off to the side. need to configure the WAP, and then get the printer powered on and figure out all the software. going to try a poop chute for first print.

all the other parts and filiment shipped ups from across the country so it will be 2 weeks until they get here if I am lucky and ups doesnt lose them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Looking at the timelapse it looks like its very imperceptibly lifting up at the corners.Im using glue but I think i am just being too ambitious maybe? I have it diagonal on the build plate so its over 10” long.

View Quote

Don't use glue. Just use a clean textured PEI plate. Get the plate CLEAN. Use helper discs as necessary.

On the top how many layers thick are you? For such thin layers you'll need 6 or so for a clean finish. Also you can ensure shell thickness, it is an option in the slicer, though that's probably a minor help here given the angle.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:08:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#42]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:12:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#43]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Maybe I should just not be a retard and flip it on its side

Lol.

I still want to understand why its doing that.
View Quote

If it is doing it in PLA something else is going on. Your slicer settings must be out of whack. Try slowing it down.. Hard to tell but looks like insufficient layer count, not ensuring vertical shell thickness, or perhaps printing too fast or bridging the first top layer too fast.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Finally had a chance to try the VoxelPLA PETG+. Per VoxelPLA, I'm using the Bambu PLA Tough settings with a nozzle temp of 265. I had some bed and layer adhesion issues on the first layer, so I cranked the bed temp to 80 and halved the speed for the first layer. It's printing great now.

It sticks to the textured PEI build plate a little too well, so I'm going to experiment with using some glue before I attempt a large print.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 12:10:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#46]
Finally had a chance to try the VoxelPLA PETG+. Per VoxelPLA, I'm using the Bambu PLA Tough settings with a nozzle temp of 265. I had some bed and layer adhesion issues on the first layer, so I cranked the bed temp to 80 and halved the speed for the first layer. It's printing great now.

It sticks to the textured PEI build plate a little too well, so I'm going to experiment with using some glue before I attempt a large print.
View Quote

Do not use glue.

Use Windex for PETG on textured PEI.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Do not use glue.

View Quote
I am mostly printing PETG at the moment. so far I have been wiping the plate with 90% alcohol and sending it. so far its worked fine. not super stuck but plenty good enough to print. whats the purpose of windex? wipe down with that before printing?
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Do not use glue.

View Quote

Can you clarify? Does that help with removal post print? I was planning on water soluble glue so I can get my prints off the bed.

With my glass bed on my Ender, I would just reheat the bed to 80 and the prints would come off. That doesn't seem to work on the Bambu.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:32:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#50]
I am mostly printing PETG at the moment. so far I have been wiping the plate with 90% alcohol and sending it. so far its worked fine. not super stuck but plenty good enough to print. whats the purpose of windex? wipe down with that before printing?
View Quote

Can you clarify? Does that help with removal post print? I was planning on water soluble glue so I can get my prints off the bed.

With my glass bed on my Ender, I would just reheat the bed to 80 and the prints would come off. That doesn't seem to work on the Bambu.
View Quote

Windex is a release agent.

PETG sticks so well you can damage the plate.

Wndex allows the print to come off after cooling but not so well that it comes off when heated.

I use a paper towel and spray the sheet lightly, wipe it evenly, and go to town. It takes about 5 seconds.

You can't print PLA until after you wash the plate with dawn. PLA won't stick to a Windexed plate.

I have found that plates can still be damaged with alcohol. So I never use it now. Dawn and index only for anything from PLA to PETG to CPE to CPTG to ASA to ABS. Only need Windex and soap.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top