User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
own.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On the Gold Fever show on the outdoor channel years ago.The host Tom Massie was talking about guys who dredge in Dry suits in the Bering Sea.Well the noise of the dredge and them sucking up sand and gravel would attract Killer Whales! They would swim by and have a look at what they were doing.

Fuck. That. Shit.
Serious. I am more afraid of orcas than i am of a great white. They will kill the fuck out of you and you dont even need to actually be swimming/diving in the water. I will pass.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
WHY did they get this guy to narrate the series?  I fucking hate how cheesy he sounds; reminds me of Pitchmen with Sully and Billy Mays.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WHY did they get this guy to narrate the series?  I fucking hate how cheesy he sounds; reminds me of Pitchmen with Sully and Billy Mays.

He's way better of a narrator than the guy on gold rush.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's way better of a narrator than the guy on gold rush.

He's the bro'd out version of narrators.  The guy that narrates Surviving the Cut is quite good.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Was it 48.5 and 5.5 oz? Not bad for a few hours. Them clowns better get them thrusters fixed with that 70K. I see the Hoffmans builing a barge.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
New episode tonight!
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What about the chick? Somewhat want.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]

I do want!  

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Being a commercial diver, and working in up to 200' of water, on multi-million dollar jobs all I can say is,
DAMN that's an easy day!  Jump, run a suction hose for a couple hours, shallow water, hot water machine for the suit and all!
If anyone wants to pay for the equipment and lease, I'll dive for you!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
The commercials every five minutes made me change the channel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
STAND YOUR GROUND!  

You're over by the transom.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do want!  

Cute but a libtard. Opera major? What is that going to do for you in life?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#14]
"Master in Opera" = WASTE OF TIME AND HARD-EARNED MONEY.  Wise up, babe.  But she's looking more and more hot...

Scott and Steve fucking deserve each other.  Scott likes to be pissed off and in somebody's ass all the time and Steve's an annoying little pussy who likes to grate on peoples' nerves and patience 24/7.

To the guys running the big barge, here's a NOVEL idea: Take some of that $95k you've dug up and FIX YOUR GODDAMN OUT-DRIVES FOR FUCK'S SAKE!  Pretty stupid and dangerous to have to row your rig back and forth with the excavator.  $20 says that piece of equipment goes down next episode while they're out and can't get themselves back in.  Fucking stupid.  Also, I don't see how this equipment hasn't rusted apart yet; saltwater is EXTREMELY corrosive and that environment is just gnarly.

I liked the ingenious water heater that Ian and Shawn built.  That part was super cool and I hope those boys get on the gold.

And damn Nome, Alaska looks like a dirty place - third-world almost.  The people running these dredge rigs are some rough and grizzled sumbitches.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope the local assayer is carrying a gun.  

One scene, guys are starting a knife fight at the bar - meanwhile the assayer is walking around with thousands of dollars in cash.  

That one prospector/diver reminds me of Quentin Tarantino (who has the "Opera girl" as a partner) is living in a glorified TENT on the beach - where does he keep his cash that is safe?

I think the attention this series made will draw more predators to these folks next season.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

One scene, guys are starting a knife fight at the bar - meanwhile the assayer is walking around with thousands of dollars in cash.  

That one prospector/diver reminds me of Quentin Tarantino (who has the "Opera girl" as a partner) is living in a glorified TENT on the beach - where does he keep his cash that is safe?

I think the attention this series made will draw more predators to these folks next season.

No shit the barge guy put the 70K worth of gold in his Glass gun case in his house.

I would not sleep very well with one person knowing where that was let alone everyone in the world...

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit the barge guy put the 70K worth of gold in his Glass gun case in his house.

I would not sleep very well with one person knowing where that was let alone everyone in the world...

Those cats are pretty fucking grizzled.  I don't know if I'd be too hurried to go snooping around that dude's house with ill-intent but then again, I ain't a criminal.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Its on...
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny how the toughest thing that gal as ever dealt with was getting her arm out of the suction hose.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#20]
That capt on the Wild Ranger is a fucking dick.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Funny how the toughest thing that gal as ever dealt with was getting her arm out of the suction hose.

In the diving industry, that turns into a life and death situation PDQ.

Delta-P's a motherfucker.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well looks like I will be building a barge in the off season  Way better show than Gold Rush

Did anyone notice how ghetto Nome is though? one guy live in a bus and the other guy who pulled in 71k lives in an unfinished home with no windows. WTF?

Looking forward to the next episode

You can't tell how well off an Alaskan is by looking at his house, look at his boat and airplane.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Notice how everything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault?  How he shifts responsibility, accountability, and the blame on the rest of the crew?  Scott, you're a whiny FUCK and if you're not finding gold it's because YOU ain't finding it.  Stop being a fucking little bitch, suck it up, hire a new crew if you have to, and go find it.  If you dredged as hard as you bitch, moan, and groan, you'd be in the money by now.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the diving industry, that turns into a life and death situation PDQ.

Delta-P's a motherfucker.

Sure but I just thought it was funny that it was the most difficult thing she has faced in her life. She needs to go out and experience more.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well looks like I will be building a barge in the off season  Way better show than Gold Rush

Did anyone notice how ghetto Nome is though? one guy live in a bus and the other guy who pulled in 71k lives in an unfinished home with no windows. WTF?

Looking forward to the next episode

You can't tell how well off an Alaskan is by looking at his house, look at his boat and airplane.

LOL> The wife commented on something similar last week. She was looking at their houses and they looked like shit holes on the outside, but were really nice on the inside.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice how everything that goes wrong is somebody else's fault?  How he shifts responsibility, accountability, and the blame on the rest of the crew?  Scott, you're a whiny FUCK and if you're not finding gold it's because YOU ain't finding it.  Stop being a fucking little bitch, suck it up, hire a new crew if you have to, and go find it.  If you dredged as hard as you bitch, moan, and groan, you'd be in the money by now.

Yep. Your dead on.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do want!  

Oh fuck yeah, I'd make that little opera whore hit a high C!
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm really impressed with this Captain.

His rig, his crew, and level of preparedness have set new standards for excellence.

His management style has motivated his crew to performing beyond their peak - with amazing feats of courage, dedication, and most of all: gold production.

No matter what the unexpected brings - this Captain steps up, takes responsibility - and sets the course for success.  He is absolutely inspirational.

Captain Scott of the Wild Ranger - undisputed winner of the Costa Concordia's "Excellence in results award" - and the US Coast Guard Alaska's coveted "Most crew members sacrificed in the line of duty award".

My only hope is that his talent isn't wasted by the wealth that finding hundreds of dollars in gold can bring.  He has a solid future in motivational speaking engagements, perhaps a position as an appointee in obama's administration as a business adviser.

I suspect you all agree - this Captain is going places.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#29]
For all these people to be zillionaire gold dredgers, that money must go fast.  That entire town looks like a shit hole.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Bet she can give that dredging hose a run for its money.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

His rig, his crew, and level of preparedness have set new standards for excellence.

His management style has motivated his crew to performing beyond their peak - with amazing feats of courage, dedication, and most of all: gold production.

No matter what the unexpected brings - this Captain steps up, takes responsibility - and sets the course for success.  He is absolutely inspirational.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/xmya55/This_Guy.jpg

Captain Scott of the Wild Ranger - undisputed winner of the Costa Concordia's "Excellence in results award" - and the US Coast Guard Alaska's coveted "Most crew members sacrificed in the line of duty award".

My only hope is that his talent isn't wasted by the wealth that finding hundreds of dollars in gold can bring.  He has a solid future in motivational speaking engagements, perhaps a position as an appointee in obama's administration as a business adviser.

I suspect you all agree - this Captain is going places.

lol.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

ha!

I bet your right.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#33]
1. It seems a professional operation could make a ton of money very easily.  

2. All the recent Alaska shows make it look pretty nasty in most areas...... but I still feel the need to go?

3. I'd poke that chick, and both of the chicks on Flying Wild Alaska.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

1. It seems a professional operation could make a ton of money very easily.  

2. All the recent Alaska shows make it look pretty nasty in most areas...... but I still feel the need to go?

3. I'd poke that chick, and both of the chicks on Flying Wild Alaska.

Well by God, so would I.  Happily.

Link Posted: 2/11/2012 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ha!

I bet your right.

I think her nose might get in the way. I'd bet she has a case of the crazy if she takes after her dad.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much just life in Nome. Every summer lots of prospectors live in tents on the beach, the honor system has worked well so far and I hope the attention from the show does not fuck that up As far as the houses and converted buses, people who live in Nome don't want the "5th ave." lifestyle, they want the "leave me alone to do what I want" lifestyle. Nome is a dirt, isolated town with its share of problems, but there is no place else I would have rather spent half my life
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much just life in Nome. Every summer lots of prospectors live in tents on the beach, the honor system has worked well so far and I hope the attention from the show does not fuck that up As far as the houses and converted buses, people who live in Nome don't want the "5th ave." lifestyle, they want the "leave me alone to do what I want" lifestyle. Nome is a dirt, isolated town with its share of problems, but there is no place else I would have rather spent half my life

Very cool. What brought you back to MT?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Its on
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#39]
96oz

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]

96 oz's?  was that a week or day?

amazing either way

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
96oz  

Damn, thats impressive.

I wonder how much he has to get to cover his costs for the dredge?
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#42]
They said his overhead was 1.1ish. I am guessing that they included his variable costs in that amount.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They said his overhead was 1.1ish. I am guessing that they included his variable costs in that amount.

Damn. I just don't see 1.1 in costs to run that POS.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck, I'm building a dredge with a fucking excavator on the bow!  Holy shit, that haul was INSANE!

Hey Scott, talk is cheap; beat the shit outta those two twits and get a new crew or SHUT THE FUCK UP AND FIND GOLD.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/xmya55/This_Guy.jpg

I suspect you all agree -  this Captain is going places.

I would guess jail for non payment of child support.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I do want!  

She gets me going.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to school in Tulsa when I found out mt dad had cancer. he and mom  moved back here because it was easier and cheaper to get to his treatments in Seattle from here as opposed to Nome. After he passed away, I just stayed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder how much the leases are.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to school in Tulsa when I found out mt dad had cancer. he and mom  moved back here because it was easier and cheaper to get to his treatments in Seattle from here as opposed to Nome. After he passed away, I just stayed.

Got ya. Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
judging from the commercials, i said i wouldnt watch it.
just happen to catch about 2 minutes [all i could stomach]
any how some asshole is saying I owe $150,000 in child support.
HTF does anyone owe that much? have 5 kids and not pay anything for how many YEARS?

When you have that much intelligence, testosterone and meth in your system, you can get chicks pregnant just by walking past them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top