Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2012 7:03:11 PM EDT
I picked up a 12 pack of Bud Light Platinum bottles today.

It tastes like Bud Light.  6% ABV and you get buzzed a bit quicker.  137 calories per bottle.

ETA - Scored mine at Hy-Vee in Grand Island, NE.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wont be on the shelves by this time next year, Annheiser-Busch is losing out big to MillerCoors and theyre tying desperatly to hang on.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
the 3.2 version we are stuck with in Utah is listed at 95 calories fwiw
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I picked up a 12 pack of Bud Light Platinum bottles today.

It tastes like Bud Light.  6% ABV and you get buzzed a bit quicker.  137 calories per bottle.

Might have to try that.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
it was supposed to go on sale in TX last week but i havent been able to find it anywhere

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wont be on the shelves by this time next year, Annheiser-Busch is losing out big to MillerCoors and theyre tying desperatly to hang on.

I'm trying to think of another beer from AB, Coors, or Miller that's 6% ABV or better and I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe this will start a trend towards stronger beers.  The low-carb and low-cal thing is hopefully going to die.  I tried MGD 64 and it tasted more like seltzer than beer.  

I'd drink all day long if my wallet and liver could handle it, and I enjoy going to brewpubs.  But, as a "staple" beer, Bud Light works fine.  I could see ordering this over another light beer simply due to the alcohol content.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm trying to think of another beer from AB, Coors, or Miller that's 6% ABV or better and I'm drawing a blank.

Maybe this will start a trend towards stronger beers.  The low-carb and low-cal thing is hopefully going to die.  I tried MGD 64 and it tasted more like seltzer than beer.  

I'd drink all day long if my wallet and liver could handle it, and I enjoy going to brewpubs.  But, as a "staple" beer, Bud Light works fine.  I could see ordering this over another light beer simply due to the alcohol content.

Natty Ice is 5.9%. Closest I can think of.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but my dignity remains intact if someone I know sees me with a Bud.  Can't say the same for Natty anything.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I am planning on picking up a case tomorrow

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
see my dinner pic

ehh, it was decent for a cheap beer
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

isnt it InBev?
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Platinum my ass.  Should have named it Budweiser Tin.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm drinking one right now....its not bad
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but my dignity remains intact if someone I know sees me with a Bud.  Can't say the same for Natty anything.  

Natty was the shit in college.

Gonna see if I can grab a case of this tomorrow to check it out.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#14]
In other news - Natural Light Ice will rename their beer to Natural Light Platinum to coincide with Bud Ice's name change. Same shit piss beer, different name.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Just saw it on the shelf in Mo. But I bought something else
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw it in the local HyVee this evening while unsuccesfully looking for some Boulevard Chocolate Ale  I wondered what the difference was.....now I'm smarter!
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just don't understand the Coors thing. If I had to imagine what it's like to drink piss, I'd look no further than Coors.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the point of a 3.2% version of a beer which the point of is to be 6.0% alcohol.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
see my dinner pic

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/bradpierson26/IMG_8827.jpg

Where's the beef?
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't understand the Coors thing. If I had to imagine what it's like to drink piss, I'd look no further than Coors.

Are you kidding?  You Cannot beat The Banquet Beer if you're going cheap.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Saw it in the local HyVee this evening while unsuccesfully looking for some Boulevard Chocolate Ale  I wondered what the difference was.....now I'm smarter!

I live less than a mile from Boulevard Brewery.  All the Chocolate Ale in the area liquor stores sold out within an hour of going on sale, and people actually waited in line for hours to get it.  I still haven't tried it unfortunately.  I do love their Imperial Stout, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ABinbev has 48% market share nationally, withe the biggest part of that being Bud Light. MillerCoors has about 30% and thats with Miller and Coors combining their operations here to try and compete with AB even though their parent companies remain separate (MolsonCoors and SABMiller) In Oklahoma AB Brands have something ridiculous like 70% market share. The only category that they dominate is cheap beers where Keystone Light kills Natural Light.

Frankly, most new products do fail. I haven't had the 6% Bud Light Platinum. Oklahoma being a 3.2 state, ours is 4% measured by volume and is 89 calories. I think it could do well here. I'm not a light beer drinker, but it tastes good for what it is, and Mich Ultra has proven that there are plenty of drinkers out there who like low calorie low flavor beers.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live less than a mile from Boulevard Brewery.  All the Chocolate Ale in the area liquor stores sold out within an hour of going on sale, and people actually waited in line for hours to get it.  I still haven't tried it unfortunately.  I do love their Imperial Stout, though.

Yeah I'm 2.5 hours north of KC off I-29 and was hoping that maybe I'd be close enough for HyVee to get it but far enough away that people wouldn't know how good it was.....oh well......though if they keep upping their run sizes one of these years it might last for a couple days.....maybe.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy.. its hard to dislike something that has no flavor or taste!

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the point of a 3.2% version of a beer which the point of is to be 6.0% alcohol.  

First 3.2 beer is measured by weight not volume so it's really 4% vs 6%. And second, for the same reason Oklahoma and Utah still have ice beer and malt liquor, because people buy it anyway .

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
see my dinner pic

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/bradpierson26/IMG_8827.jpg

Where's the beef?

As soon as I read that. The Wendy's "where's the beef?" commercial came on lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Saw it for the first time today.

Might give it a shot. Stronger, but the same price as big 3 light beer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Seen it at the store a couple days ago, but didn't pick any up.  Bought a bottle of Turkey instead
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't Bud Ice close to that?
ETA:  5.5%

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

See my post. Same shit, just repackaged. It's as nasty as bud ice and natty ice.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

See my post. Same shit, just repackaged. It's as nasty as bud ice and natty ice.

Never did like Bud Ice, and if that's the case I'll just stick with my microbrews.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

youve tried it?  read that somewhere?  pulled that out of your ass?

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I picked mine up at the local Kroger this week.

I like it better than the normal bud lite, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I've drank it. Not something I want to drink a whole 12 pack of like lite, and not something I want to enjoy like a micro, so I will stick to drinking it when its free. Or just take to gatherings so people are thinking they are getting "platinum" beer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Milwaukee's Best Ice, then?
5.9% ALC\VOL
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

3.2 by weight = 4.0 ABV. It's not quite as bad as it sounds.

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Keystone Ice  5.9%

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Light weights

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Lipstick on a pig.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lipstick on a pig.

This.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Natty Daddy is 8%.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Not much of a BL person (more of an Amber Bock drinker) but might give it a try... been seeing it around since early in the week (helps it is brewed close by).

On the topic of other high ABV beers. Bud Ice has been around for a good while at 5.5% ABV, Busch Ice as well but at 5.9%. The Ice-house beers from their respective labels all go the route of higher content and have been in the market for a while.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Had some last week––got it from the Quick Trip in Arlington––HOOOOWEEEEEE!  It's powerful stuff.  Has a sweeter taste to it than a regular bud light.  Don't know if I'll buy again.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll try it.  I drink Bud Light.  It's good stuff and it agrees with my internal systems better than most beers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I am drinking one right this second and it tastes like ass. I just picked up a six pack to try it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lipstick on a pig.

This.

Yup.

I've been drinking microbrew real beer for a long time now but I bought a pack of water "beer" a week ago just for the memories.  It has even less taste then what I remember.  People need to wake up and start realizing what real beer is like.

Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lipstick on a pig.

This.

Yup.

I've been drinking microbrew real beer for a long time now but I bought a pack of water "beer" a week ago just for the memories.  It has even less taste then what I remember.  People need to wake up and start realizing what real beer is like.

The only place I can stand to drink any of the mainline brews is on the golf course.  When its really hot.  I can tolerate Miller Lite.  Bud Lite baffles me.  If there is a more tastless bland thoroughly disgusting beer out there I haven't had it.  Yet I know tons of people who drink nothing but.  I mean to the extent if there isn't any Bud Lite they don't drink.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Bud light is terrible. I can't drink it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Riot Room in Westport has some on tap.

Whether you want to go to the Riot Room or not is an entirely different story.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top