Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 4/17/2012 4:09:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well. No hoodie and skittles. So I'm going with no.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad but then maybe she shouldn't have been hanging out with little juvi thugs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:13:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good shoot?

Only GD can answer a question like this!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
good shoot or bad, it seems that the dead girl is a thief, correct?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good shoot?

Only GD can answer a question like this!

For sure!
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I can think of way more better things to be doing with a girl that you sneak onto a island with.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, cause shooting a girl in the back or the head because she's waiting outside a burglary is exactly like the trayvon/Zimmerman case. Reporters are morons.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#8]
White girl=no story here
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:18:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Boom head shot?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good enough to me.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I kinda feel bad for the shooters. They know she wasn't the intended target and then trying to help her afterwards. Bad on her for hanging out with morons though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, cause shooting a girl in the back or the head because she's waiting outside a burglary is exactly like the trayvon/Zimmerman case. Reporters are morons desperate to make a story.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
White girl=no story here

Oh, well shit.  They didn't say she was white.  Why is this getting national attention?

ETA:  Maybe just a good girl hanging out with the wrong crowd.  Prayers for her.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Here we go again.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh sure, that case is exactly like the Trayvon case

They're both 17. I think that is where the similarities end.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
good shoot or bad, it seems that the dead girl is a thief, correct?

[McCoy]She's not dead, Jimjerr.[/McCoy
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:23:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm a little weary about shooting indiscriminately at fleeing thieves, but I'll write this off as a "stupid prize"

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]
17 year old girl out with 3 boys until 4am on a saturday night/sunday morning.........some bad decisions made there, and a tragedy......
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm a little weary about shooting indiscriminately at fleeing thieves, but I'll write this off as a "stupid prize"  

Stupid prize combined with sleeping with dogs and waking up (or not) with fleas.

A poor choice in friends can be fatal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#22]
"Small caliber rifle"=AR? Also what led to pulling the trigger? 2 against 3 isn't the worst odds, especially if you have a rifle. A rifle would be out in the open not concealed, so did the boys attack armed men or where they on the run?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Two men staying at a camp on the back side of the island heard a door being broken. One of the men, according to Mack, was a caretaker of the property, knew of several recent break-ins and went to investigate.

[bama] shouldn't have gotten out of bed. [/bama]

Certainly need more details on what happened to make a decision. Certainly a bad situation. However don't hang out with thieves and your odds of catching a bullet to the back of the dome drop dramatically.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#25]
That is the first news story I have ever read that said the words: "small caliber rifle".  

The author should win the fricken Pulitzer. I'm cereal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I say again:

Shooting someone who you don't absolutely need to shoot is a fucking stupid idea.

Impossible to argue with this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I say again:

Shooting someone who you don't absolutely need to shoot is a fucking stupid idea.

true but i dont see where the three other yutes were when shots were fired. were they breaking into or confronting the two men? Did she just happen to catch a stray or were they hot footing it and they took some parting shots.

if they were in retreat then thats some dumb ass shit and they are most likely in a world of trouble.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say again:

Impossible to argue with this.

I wouldn't argue with it - at all - but I'd argue that it's not the focal point of such a case. Thsoe guys didn't ask to be in a confrontation at 4 AM. I'll cut them TONS of slack for shooting. I wouldn't charge them; they sound like decent folks who acted in frustration. If anything, charge the people who created the situation - namely, the three other kids, AND the girl who went with them. Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas....

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Would it be in bad taste to post the "Trayvoning" picture from the ULUL thread?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Lewis described her daughter as a fun-loving, typical teenager who finished high school in December and had landed a summer job at Lambert's restaurant in Foley. She enjoys the beach and is "tender-hearted," her mother said, but also strong-willed.

"She was a social butterfly," Lewis said. She has worlds of friends, and she is the kind who is not afraid to speak her mind. She is stubborn, and would do anything in her power to prove me wrong."

A stubborn social butterfly? WTF? Seems like too much fun gets you killed sometimes... Sad.

ETD. This is was the "urban dictionary" has as definition....

Social Butterfly

It's Sugar Coated For Being A Hoe.
A Nice Way To Call A Hoe.

"Oh Look , She Is The Biggest Social Butterfly , I've Seen In My Life"

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#31]
its at night, you are on your own property, you see multiple intruders breaking into your property you are armed..... and you can't tell the intruders ages, and you really don't care at this point, they are a threat-

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:42:26 AM EDT
[#32]
This is just tragic all the way around.  

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I hope all these shootings remind kids, "Hey, don't do dumb shit, people are fed up with crime and are well armed".
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Don't rob cabins with your friends and you won't get shot.

Simple.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#34]
It’s tragic, it sucks, it seems more like an accidental shooting than an intended shooting, from the story it didn’t seem like the 2 guys were in fear for their lives…

But… The girl's choice to hang out with shit ass little thieves and the boy’s choice to be shit ass little thieves is where 99.99% of the blame for this tragedy lies…

Parents, teach your kids not to be thieving little bastards and to respect other people’s property and they won’t have to worry about shit like this…

That is all…
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:44:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I hope all these shootings remind kids, "Hey, don't do dumb shit, people are fed up with crime and are well armed".

If it was a kid that looked like Trayvon would still find this to be tragic?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#36]
MSNBC headlines....

four youths shot while mistakenly playing volleyball on a boat dock.

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Have to love Arfcom hypocrisy. If this was a black kid there would be no suggestion that she must have fallen in with the wrong crowd or that somehow this was a tragedy. No prayers would be sent for her or her family. She would be viewed as nothing more than the criminal she was.

ETA:  I admit the above was too broad a statement.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:48:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Fuck her for running with thugs. Lay with dogs and get fleas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

dot
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#40]
You're at you fish camp in the middle of nowhere Alabama when you realize at least 3 people are breaking in.  You and your wife/fishing buddy/ whatever are the only ones who should be there.

All but wife/fishing buddy/ whatever get to be targets.

The end.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was a kid that looked like Trayvon would still find this to be tragic?

Of course not.  This is an attractive middle class white girl.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Have to love Arfcom hypocrisy. If this was a black kid there would be no suggestion that she must have fallen in with the wrong crowd or that somehow this was a tragedy. No prayers would be sent for her or her family. She would be viewed as nothing more than the criminal she was.

Erm, pretty sure that most of the posts in this thread tended towards the "Eh, don't hang out with criminals/be a criminal and you won't get shot in the head" angle.

Not sure if that's what you wanted to read though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

uh. most here are not saying that.  most are saying she ran with the wrong mother fuckers. I think you jumped on the hypocrisy soap box a little quick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:52:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've got hate and contempt in my heart for her. Thug bitches are as dangerous as the guys. They will steal and kill too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

dot

Both played stupid games and won stupid prizes...
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:54:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

White girl=no story here

They are trying to create a movement against the "stand your ground" laws here, will you get with it, you're supposed to jump on the bandwagon like a good sheep

Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Are you guys reading a different thread than the rest of us?
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I've got an idea.....Don't trespass and facilitate theft at 4 in the morning and you won't get shot.  While tragic a teen got shot she made her bed.  Kids these days have no respect for other peoples property.  I bet the boys that attempted the break in won't be doing that again.  The girl was probably acting as a look out for the other three mouth breathers.  Maybe I have become jaded about stuff like this but I could give two fucks less what happens to these stupid kids.  Fuck them, just leaves more air for the rest of us to breathe.  

And if the DA in that area was smart, they would charge those boys with murder is that girl dies.  If they wouldn't have been committing a crime, the girl would not have gotten shot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top