Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2012 5:19:08 PM EDT
If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink

However if you stare at the black  "+" in the center, the moving dot turns to green.

Now, concentrate on the black "+" in the center of the picture;
After a short period, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see only a single green dot rotating.

It's amazing how our brain works.
There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear.

Can you see an old woman or a beautiful young lady?

Do you see two oldies looking at each other or are you staring at a young man playing guitar and a young lady with a vase on her head?

Is the left center circle bigger than the right center circle?

No, they're both the same size.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Stare at the cross and quickly move your head
forward and backward, towards and away from the
screen. The circles will appear to be moving.

Looks like a spiral, right?

Wrong... It's a bunch of independent circles

An island, right?

Turn it upside down, and you'll see
what it really is: a crater

Right side up it's a giant bird..

Upside down it's a guy catching a big fish...

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
With the first illusion, the dot appears to turn green because the pink leaves a green mark on your field of vision, and when that pink dot disappears you can see the green aftereffect on your retina.

After staring for a while move your eyes, and you'll see a ring of green dots.

Those "moving" ones hurt my eyes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The images that move freak me out.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most people see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

With the first illusion, the dot appears to turn green because the pink leaves a green mark on your field of vision, and when that pink dot disappears you can see the green aftereffect on your retina.

Alright smarty pants, why do the dots disappear after looking at the top one and focusing on the cross?

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I only see breasts...
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My head hurts now!
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Are the horizontal lines parallel or do they slope?

How many colors do you see?

There are only 3 colors: White, green, and pink.
There seem to be two different shades of pink, but there is only one pink.

Do you see two silhouetted faces staring at each other or simply an ornate vase?

This is another famous image. What do you see in it? Some see an Indian and others see an Eskimo, can you see both?

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Most people see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2007/10/09/va1237271192947/Spinning-lady-5693171.gif

I see clockwise rotation.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2007/10/09/va1237271192947/Spinning-lady-5693171.gif

Holy shit, I tried and tried and could only get her to go clockwise. Then I just started thinking about something else randomly and sure as shit she started spinning the other direction.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I only see breasts...

This

Quoted:
My head hurts now!

and this

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright smarty pants, why do the dots disappear after looking at the top one and focusing on the cross?

They don't.  Well, not for me anyway, and the spinning naked lady, she only moves clockwise.  I can't understand how anyone could possibly see it move the other.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't.  Well, not for me anyway, and the spinning naked lady, she only moves clockwise.  I can't understand how anyone could possibly see it move the other.

The spinning lady is a bit of a trick, there is really no 'left brain' vs 'right brain' in that image. It's just how your brain makes the assumption of motion without perspective (caused by your experiences).

If you want to see it spin the opposite way of what you see naturally check these out. The lines add the perspective that is missing and making your brain make the assumption of direction without enough info

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you see two oldies looking at each other or are you staring at a young man playing guitar and a young lady with a vase on her head?

http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/wp-content/gallery/optical-images/old-couple.jpg

This guy is a very talented artist.  His name is "Octavio Ocampo".  I have one of his artist proof prints.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do I.

ETA: Holy shit! She just reversed direction.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I can see her spin both ways. She seems to change her pivot leg every 15 seconds or so.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The spinning lady is a bit of a trick, there is really no 'left brain' vs 'right brain' in that image. It's just how your brain makes the assumption of motion without perspective (caused by your experiences).

If you want to see it spin the opposite way of what you see naturally check these out. The lines add the perspective that is missing and making your brain make the assumption of direction without enough info

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Right_spinning_dancer.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Left_spinning_dancer.gif

there is more to this "Trick"... I've seen both. First look was clockwise, I tried to focus on it and nothing. Looked away and Bam bitch was spinning the other way
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do I.

ETA: Holy shit! She just reversed direction.

Likewise.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#20]
When you look at this picture from a close distance you see its Albert Einstein.
If you stand back (about 15 feet away), it will become Marilyn Monroe.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow, I like the dancing one.  I saw her spin clockwise and couldn't turn her counterclockwise until I saw the L and R pics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Some interesting street art:

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When you look at this picture from a close distance you see its Albert Einstein.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/jchange/Emails/15feetaway.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/imported/2010/09/1630.jpg

I just fapped to.... Wait, what the fuck

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If its counter clockwise tilt your head about 45 degrees to the left and it will reverse.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#25]
My brain was toggling between both directions.  First it was clockwise.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#26]

This woman appears to be floating above the sand, an optical illusion caused by the shadow of a flag.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow!

That first one with the pink dots: Even if I look to one side, as long as follow the rotation, those fuckers stay pink.

To make the girl spin counter, I have to sneak up on her. Start in my peripheral, and she always goes counter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#28]

If you stare at it long enough.....it becomes a belly botton!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neat, all I have to do is look at one of these, then go up to the original, and it is spinning in the same way as the last one that I looked at.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I must not use my brain I can't see that bitch spin for shit. I showed a couple of people at work and thay can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#31]
The spinning broad is freaking me out.  and turning me on.  I'm confused.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finally mader her change direction after I stopped staring at her tits.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The top girl spins counter-clockwise the bottom girl spins clockwise. Is that how it is supposed to appear?
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/jchange/Emails/15feetaway.jpg

...and if you squint up close, you can see Marilyn say ERMAGHERD!

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I had seen the spinning girl before but I couldn't remember how to get her to change direction for the longest time. Then I noticed if you (me) look at her shadow/reflection she changes direction immediately.

Oh, clockwise is the default that I see her spin. I'm a machinist and I am condiotioned to see things spinning clockwise 99% of the time. I bet anyone here that's a machinist or likewise exposed to something(s) that spin mostly clockwise all day long will see a clockwise spin at least at first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have trouble doing it, try looking or focusing elsewhere. I was having trouble doing it, until I started reading the text above the animation. I noticed that when I only look at it in my periferal (sp?) vision, it starts to go counter clockwise. Freaky.
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what does it mean if I can pretty much just decide which way it is turning and blink and it looks like it is turning that way?  

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#39]
On the spinning girl if you cover one eye she will change directions almost at once.
I covered my dominate eye.

Now try that with the two stacked images further down the page.

Interesting

fisherman
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

On the spinning girl if you cover one eye she will change directions almost at once.

I covered my dominate eye.

Now try that with the two stacked images further down the page.

Interesting

fisherman

i can change it just by looking at the foot and basically telling myself left foot or right foot and when I look back up she is spinning that way.  focus right between the shadow and the foot.

Link Posted: 9/10/2012 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I usually see the spin as clockwise.  Sometimes after not looking awhile I'll scroll back past it and the spin will be the other way.  I can stare at it and force it to spin one way or the other...  So I guess I use both... with a slight lean toward right brain.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#43]
The lady spins clockwise. Watch the arm and it's clear as day. It moves left to right while the arm passes furthest away and right to left while it is closest. You can see this by watching the wrist.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really thought you were fucking with me...I would watch it, and it would suddenly start spinning in the other direction...I'd watch it some more, and then sure enough: randomly it would start spinning in the other direction.  I figures it was just some bullshit .gif that you were throwing in here...but the two pics with reference lines on top of each other was dizzying to watch.  Bravo, Sir!
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:08:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Ughh, now I need some aspirin...
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

After a short time, I was changing the direction at will.

ETA: A few times I could make her appear to being swinging her leg in front and never actually spin around. That was kinda cool.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 9/11/2012 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top