Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Its a free car, fuck it. Use the saving to buy more ammo.

This.  Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks.  If it makes you feel better, get a bumper sticker that says "my penis is bigger then this whole car".
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Lot of haters here.

I drove friend's Prius for a week.  Nice car.  Filled it for $22.00 and drove all week.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Go to a vinyl shop:

Or...

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't beat the price, just go with it.  Add some arfcom stickers on it and a "Protected by GLOCK" sticker and you sould be ok.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off road lighting. A ski rack. Moose antlers on top. Those missile balloons that you tie onto the back of your car. No diesel Jetta option? At least those get 50ish per gallon and do not have batteries to service and replace in a few years.

This lie again?

OP:  FFS, just drive the car.

every 2 years...yes..at 4700.00 replacement cost....
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
You need a “Don’t laugh, It’s A Company Car” bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You don't.

Bilster
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#8]
If your wife can drive it, can you foist it off on her? And carry on driving whatever you normally drive?

Eh. It makes a pretty good commuter runabout, and I don't care about the "image" (or whatever) the car may have.

My issue with it is that it's dead boring to drive. I don't do boring.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Yep, plenty of other efficient cars that aren't gay.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Currently, I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a Hemi and I get about $2k a month in car reimbursements and mileage. Now I am deemed as a high mileage driver and my Jeep is not "Eco Friendly" and they are getting me a company car Toyota Prius instead

So, if you get rid of the Jeep, its next owner will still drive it - thereby polluting the planet just as much as if you kept it.

Meanwhile, your brand-new Prius (which wouldn't have needed to be built if you kept the Jeep) will have consumed additional energy and resources during its manufacture, and will still contribute some additional pollution and consume some resources over its expected lifespan.

How is having 1 Jeep + 1 Prius on the planet more  "Eco Friendly" than having just 1 Jeep on the planet?

talked to one rep that already had a company provided Prius and when he went to pick up our President and his admin at the airport, he even said "WTF is with this small car."    

Apparently the Fleet administrator never really consulted anyone on the Senior Leadership in sales and just picked the Prius and contract was already signed with our fleet company.

This winter will be interesting driving a Prius, I cover SE Ohio and the hills/mountains along WV and KY also and it's not the safest in the winter.

Prii suck in the winter.  Combination of low rolling resistance tires and instant torque from the electric motor at low speeds.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Off road lighting. A ski rack. Moose antlers on top. Those missile balloons that you tie onto the back of your car. No diesel Jetta option? At least those get 50ish per gallon and do not have batteries to service and replace in a few years.

This lie again?

Man.  My wife's '05 is overdue for that service!  She should have gone through 6 sets of batteries by now!  

lol, this.  I keep hearing the "the batteries wear out all the time!" line from people who have never owned one.

I have yet to hear it from any actual owners.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This lie again?

Man.  My wife's '05 is overdue for that service!  She should have gone through 6 sets of batteries by now!  

lol, this.  I keep hearing the "the batteries wear out all the time!" line from people who have never owned one.

I have yet to hear it from any actual owners.

All rechargeable batteries degrade as they age.  The average seems to be 7-8 years for the hybrid owners here.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ur fucked. you will have to burn ur clothes daily of teh stench of geh

FPNI
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Drive 10 miles per hour OVER the speed limit in the fast lane instead of 10 miles UNDER the limit in the fast lane like most Prius drivers.

Now that would be cool
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Drive 10 miles per hour OVER the speed limit in the fast lane instead of 10 miles UNDER the limit in the fast lane like most Prius drivers.

Now that would be cool

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#18]
The only way is to mount an M2 on the roof. The only problem with this is that the car would probably tip over.. Oh well, congratulations & enjoy the company ride.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#19]
$2000 a month! Jesus. Are you the CEO?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Set on fire + bail out as vehicle rolls off cliff + sunglasses = win!

As far as I can tell, that's the only way.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
It's an impossible task.

You are either comfortable with your manhood, or not.  A Prius isn't going to elevate your status if you look like a fag.  

FWIW, the Jeep wasn't doing much for you either.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

$2000 a month! Jesus. Are you the CEO?

.52-55 cents a mile adds up fast and i cover 11 states in my region. i have a 5-6 hour drive radius that i will tolerate, the rest i fly if i can get direct flights on either SWA or Delta

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
you don't
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, you... you... fuck, your screwed.

Any way you can say no and just get a gas card instead?

I hate the prius... what a POS.

You should seek therapy if an inanimate object instills hatred in you.  It's just a fucking car, dude.  Seriously.

Really, have you driven one?  I have- it fucking sucks.  I like my SUV with the V8... it moves when I apply the gas pedal... the prius... not so much.

Also, it doesn't apply to the OP, but I like working on my own vehicles... what a nightmare under that hood...

Yes I have, I own one.  Mine tends to move when I press the throttle.  Shit, its got just under 300lb-ft of torque on tap.  Maintenance on it is literally no different than a conventional car. The hybrid components don't really need any.

Its a great little commuter car that does everything I need it to.  Period.  It doesn't define who I am, or anything about me.  Its a tool, nothing more.

I'm crying B.S. on this little tibit.  Unless you have a magical unicorn pissing rainbows in the gas tank, and elves fucking on top of the batteries.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you... you... fuck, your screwed.
Any way you can say no and just get a gas card instead?
I hate the prius... what a POS.

You should seek therapy if an inanimate object instills hatred in you.  It's just a fucking car, dude.  Seriously.

Really, have you driven one?  I have- it fucking sucks.  I like my SUV with the V8... it moves when I apply the gas pedal... the prius... not so much.
Also, it doesn't apply to the OP, but I like working on my own vehicles... what a nightmare under that hood...

Yes I have, I own one.  Mine tends to move when I press the throttle.  Shit, its got just under 300lb-ft of torque on tap.  Maintenance on it is literally no different than a conventional car. The hybrid components don't really need any.
Its a great little commuter car that does everything I need it to.  Period.  It doesn't define who I am, or anything about me.  Its a tool, nothing more.

I'm crying B.S. on this little tibit.  Unless you have a magical unicorn pissing rainbows in the gas tank, and elves fucking on top of the batteries.

1.8-Liter Aluminum 4-cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), EV/ECO/POWER Modes; 98 hp @ 5200 rpm (73 kW @ 5200 rpm), 105 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm (142 N•m @ 4000 rpm)

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Take your wife shopping.

She'll be able to help you pick out those dresses you'll be wearing

i still have this 335i M-Sport

Well, according to Top Gear, that's what cunt's drive.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#28]
The only way to look cool in Prius is to crank the A/C cold enough so that you become visably hypothermic.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

1.8-Liter Aluminum 4-cylinder DOHC 16-Valve with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), EV/ECO/POWER Modes; 98 hp @ 5200 rpm (73 kW @ 5200 rpm), 105 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm (142 N•m @ 4000 rpm)  

He did say "just under 300"

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Priuses go 250K as taxis and don't need batteries replaced. Mine's got 180K on it, and runs like a dream. Best car I ever owned.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR FACTS!!!

I only have 45k on mine. "Who Is John Galt" on the left, BFL on the right. A coworker has 160K on his Prius and his is still going fine. I have no fears about anything in my car failing, even though I did have a cooling pump fail. It was recalled on the 08s, but not 09s. Replaced under warranty. Aside from that, new tires, oil and filters every 5k. 47MPG is hard to shake a stick at when I only paid 19K for the car.

I have something better on my bumper:

This thread proves that many think cars are fashion accessories rather than machines.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Guy at work had one.  It was a pile of crap.  The final straw is that in the wintertime, the car didn't know what to do on ice.  When the tires would start to spin, it would go into some sort of self-induced studdering seizure as the retarded thing was trying to figure out what to do. The only thing it succeeded in doing was stranding and pissing off the owner.  He put winter tires on it too, didn't help on one bit.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Go ahead and laugh. I'll catch up to you at the next gas station, as I go whizzing past you, while you're filling up your monstrotruck, still paying mo' money than me to the ragheads in Saudi Arabia.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guy at work had one.  It was a pile of crap.  The final straw is that in the wintertime, the car didn't know what to do on ice.  When the tires would start to spin, it would go into some sort of self-induced studdering seizure as the retarded thing was trying to figure out what to do. The only thing it succeeded in doing was stranding and pissing off the owner.  He put winter tires on it too, didn't help on one bit.

Maybe if he put the winter tires on teh front of the car? Also, in low speed, high traction situations, put the car in "B". You use more gas, but the car has much more traction. Doesn't anybody ever read owners' manuals anymore?
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy at work had one. It was a pile of crap. The final straw is that in the wintertime, the car didn't know what to do on ice. When the tires would start to spin, it would go into some sort of self-induced studdering seizure as the retarded thing was trying to figure out what to do. The only thing it succeeded in doing was stranding and pissing off the owner. He put winter tires on it too, didn't help on one bit.

Maybe if he put the winter tires on teh front of the car? Also, in low speed, high traction situations, put the car in "B". You use more gas, but the car has much more traction. Doesn't anybody ever read owners' manuals anymore?

My solution is simple, I just use one of my trucks when snow is a problem...

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading is for faggots.

Proof?

Only prius owners read their owners manual.

This is unassailable logic.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a 2010 with almost 70,000 miles on it...still under warranty (extended) and its been a great car.
Regular oil changes, tires, filters, and the transaxle fluid are the only maintenance I performed on it.  Break pads and rotors are still almost 95% due to the regenerative breaking.

I cannot understand why people hate on the car so bad...guess its an internet thing.  See my thread in Deer Hunting Forum in Outdoors and I used mine to haul my 6pt Buck I shot to the butchers.

I think it's because it's a 'green vehicle' and that makes it automatically suspect as a hippiemobile.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Currently, I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a Hemi and I get about $2k a month in car reimbursements and mileage.

Now I am deemed as a high mileage driver and my Jeep is not "Eco Friendly" and they are getting me a company car Toyota Prius instead, all expenses paid and my wife can drive it too.

Seriously I am torn...I will have to tint my windows to not look too gay

From this

to this

Stacks, and invent a way to somehow roll coal.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

All rechargeable batteries degrade as they age.  The average seems to be 7-8 years for the hybrid owners here.

This is what I am thinking. I was just thinking about how batteries work in the cold(been hovering around 0*F here), along with regular use. 7-8 years is pretty impressive. I also read that replacement was pretty rare.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:13:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, if you stuff it into a trebuchet, set it on fire and launch it...it'll look real cool for like, 8 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:35:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't be surprised wen the start billing you a set fee per month for your personal use of the company vehicle.  Mine cost me $30/week whether I use it or not.  Of course I did do a 4,800 mile round trip to Las Vegas and back to see a new grandchild and the company paid for all the gas.  Tat was the only year that I ever broke even on the deal.  

Hopefully you are ready for the major financial hit you are going to receive.  The loss of mileage money will affect you more than you realize.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the issue with identity crisis ?

You are getting a free car to drive and you can save your own ride from wear and tear.

well, actually i was making extra money with driving my personal car - in the past i've had company cars for over 10 years, but when i was given the choice last year i jumped at the chance to get what i really wanted - they even gave me a nice stipend to buy a car  

I want your job
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:41:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Not possible to look cool.

Might want to slap on an Obama '08 sticker for street cred.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 2:42:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The only way to look cool in a Prius is to drive with your johnson.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#47]

dude that is win!!! but my clients are hospitals - there maybe an issue

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#48]
A bumper sticker I made for my '71 F100:

http://www.zazzle.com/greener_car_bumper_sticker-128717011141110496

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top