-
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What about a nymphomorph?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Necromorph, as long as a center-mass hit is lethal.  The Xenomorph's acid blood and high speed makes scary as fuck to engage with any weapon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Excuse me sir, a what?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]

How fast are Necros?

Can they pounce like Xenos?

Wall and ceiling walk like Xenos?

I've played against Xenos in AVP2, talented ones, and it's fucking terrifying.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

Necromorphs can crawl through any ventilation shaft and pop out anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Necromorphs...not as much armor.

A 7.62 would take one out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#8]
#2 all day long for reasons stated above.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Can a succubus be a third option?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

But are they fast?

Ever try and shoot at a black warrior Xeno that's spiraling towards you down a hallway like a cracked out baby from Trainspotting?

Off the floor, up the wall, onto the ceiling, and once they get within about 20' they pounce and either kill you outright, or stun you and eat your head.

It's definitely not zesty.

If the Necros are just shambling meat puppets that pop out of airvents...easy peasy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

But are they fast?

Ever try and shoot at a black warrior Xeno that's spiraling towards you down a hallway like a cracked out baby from Trainspotting?

Off the floor, up the wall, onto the ceiling, and once they get within about 20' they pounce and either kill you outright, or stun you and eat your head.

It's definitely not zesty.

If the Necros are just shambling meat puppets that pop out of airvents...easy peasy.

Some necromorphes are meat puppets, but not all of them are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Necros are pretty good in numbers. Also the fact that center mass does not kill them. You have to dismember them...

I would love to birth a Xeno but have it removed before the happy ending, damn good body guard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Necros are pretty good in numbers. Also the fact that center mass does not kill them. You have to dismember them...

I would love to birth a Xeno but have it removed before the happy ending, damn good body guard.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Necromorph. I have no access to Colonial Marines weapons, loader exosuits or Predator weapons/technology

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd take both.

Xenos are just cool.

And Necros...I can dismember them all day long with my compliment of Katana.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
If I was the Borg, I would find a way to assimilate the Xenomorphs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#17]
FPNI.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Excuse me sir, a what?

yup...bug hunt
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I would rather not be such a nerd that I thought of questions such as these.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
already killed a bunch of number 2s
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

First post
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]
If i am armed with firearms, xenomorph. If i am armed with a plasma cutter, a necromorph.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Necromorph any day of the week.  Shoot off their arms and legs and they're pretty much harmless... plus, you can stomp the shit out of them when they're down.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Necromorph, as long as a center-mass hit is lethal.  The Xenomorph's acid blood and high speed makes scary as fuck to engage with any weapon.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Mesomorph
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I only need to know one thing, man...

Where. They. Are.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll take #2 please.

Looks like a softer target.

It's a "softer" target in a way... but the only way to "kill" it, is by shooting it's limbs off. No thank you....
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Xenomorph just means any non-earthly form...  Little grey men are "xenomorphs".  It is not a specific name for that one creature.  Where the fuck did people get the idea that it referred to that creature specifically?

Its used in the movie 1 time when they do not know what they are dealing with yet.  Lt. Gorman uses it as a sort of placeholder word since they don't know what they will encounter, so he uses a technical sounding generic term.

Fuck sake people!  Xenomorph does not mean ALIEN franchise creature specifically.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I would rather deal with a grown Xeno than....

Walk through a one way door into an egg chamber.

face huggers scare the living shit out of me.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#31]
If it really boiled down between the two I would rather take on a xenomorph.

Xenos need a live host from which to hatch their young
Necros need a corpse to make another xeno.

So numbers wise necros could easily outnumber xenos in any area.

Xenos are faster and have acid for blood.
Necros need to be dismembered and can be in a much more horrifying form

They are both hive minds

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd rather deal with a nymphomaniac.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I choose ectomorph

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Necromorphs keep getting up if you don't kill them the "right way", a task to which CRAZY POWER TOOLS of the far-flung future are very well-suited, and to which my guns are very poorly suited. Xenomorphs fall over and die if you poke a bunch of holes in them or set them on fire-- they make a mess when they do, but it's easier to make happen.

Xenomorphs need live hosts, and their gestation takes 24 hours, and then it takes them a little while to feed and grow.

Necromorphs can turn ANYONE into a necromorph (see, e.g., that guy shouting at you as it happens to him in DS2), living or dead, and the process takes as little as a few seconds.

Xenomorphs are approximately people-sized, and the queen is huge but relatively immobile (you will have to do nasty shit to get her to tear off her ovipositor and come after you).

Necromorphs can be all different shapes and sizes-- some of them are fucking ENORMOUS.

Both sides have the support of CRAZY ASSHOLE CULTISTS (in the books and shit for Aliens, anyway), so that's a draw.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I only need to know one thing, man...

Where. They. Are.

+1, I have weapons that can destroy both.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

They are pretty fast, what with having that extra thigh muscle and all.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

Necros stick a thingie in you and turn you into one of them. If I am not mistaken.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm an equal opportunity hunter. I don't care which.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#39]
What?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

They are pretty fast, what with having that extra thigh muscle and all.
http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2792345135.jpg

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Xenomorphs are much faster, semi-intelligent, and have acid for blood. If you can even penetrate the carapace of one, get ready for happy fun time with the super acid spraying everywhere. I would think the tail gives it more range than a necromorph.

Necromorphs are slow and stupid and while you need to dismember them to kill them, they are made of human flesh.

I think that it's pretty obvious that if either were brought to life, it'd be in your favor to face down #2.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If you can even penetrate the carapace of one, get ready for happy fun time with the super acid spraying everywhere.
Vasquez' sidearm did not appear to have much trouble, neither did Hicks' shotgun. Pulse rifles, smartguns and fire made short work of them (though the CMs had the misfortune to be using explosive ammunition)
Necromorphs are slow and stupid and while you need to dismember them to kill them, they are made of human flesh.
Given that you can apparently rip their limbs off by stomping on them sometimes, they're practically held together with sticky-tape and spit.

Quoted:
Xenomorph does not mean ALIEN franchise creature specifically.

Except that as soon as you read it, you knew exactly what he was talking about. "The Xenomorphs" are what nerds have come to call the aliens from Aliens. Until someone comes up with a better or more evocative name more closely tied to the Alien franchise than "Xenomorph", that's what they're called.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Xenomorph just means any non-earthly form...  Little grey men are "xenomorphs".  It is not a specific name for that one creature.  Where the fuck did people get the idea that it referred to that creature specifically?

Its used in the movie 1 time when they do not know what they are dealing with yet.  Lt. Gorman uses it as a sort of placeholder word since they don't know what they will encounter, so he uses a technical sounding generic term.

Fuck sake people!  Xenomorph does not mean ALIEN franchise creature specifically.

Are you sure about that?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you can even penetrate the carapace of one, get ready for happy fun time with the super acid spraying everywhere.
Vasquez' sidearm did not appear to have much trouble, neither did Hicks' shotgun. Pulse rifles, smartguns and fire made short work of them (though the CMs had the misfortune to be using explosive ammunition)
Given that you can apparently rip their limbs off by stomping on them sometimes, they're practically held together with sticky-tape and spit.

Gorman's side arm rounds bounced off the head of one. Vasquez shot one in its soft facial tissue repeatedly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, are you kidding?  Vasquez had to fire at point blank range about a million times in the same spot to crack that thing's brain case.  Remember when Gorman was shooting at it from 6-8' away?  The sparks and ricochets?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I need to learn more about this

Would I rather face a Xenomorph or Necromorph - Necromorph any day of the week Xenomorphs are too baddass for my tier lvl

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/Valoverunt/facehugger.gif

Thou art a throbbing penis, sir.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Remember when Gorman was shooting at it from 6-8' away?  The sparks and ricochets?

Demonstrably not. Aliens is my all-time favorite movie, but it's been a long time since I watched it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I would much rather fight the goddamned Aliens.  That particular necromorph you have pictured can't fucking be killed.  That was the most annoying part of the whole game.  He pops out at the worst fucking times.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Either one is fine with me. All that is involved is life of death.  A Democrat or Republican there will be double crosses and butt sex before life or death.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top