Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So they'll have an onboard 9mm pistol qualification range in the CIC?

All it's 5inch shells are FMJ. It'll take 9 shots to sink a Hobie sailboat.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to be a dick, but how exactly is her story "courageous"? How about a USS Chris Kyle?  

How is his story courageous? He got shot. Story over.

If you're trolling, that is retarded and no even remotely funny. If you're serious, you are a sad, sad creature.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hate to be a dick, but how exactly is her story "courageous"? How about a USS Chris Kyle?  

Too American pride-ish.

we need American victim type courage...

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What in the holy fuck is this shit.......ships should be named for people like: Nimitz, Reagan, Washington, John Paul Jones!  Not fucking Gabriel Giffords......and we should have a USS Kyle before that waste oxygen.

And ships should only be named for people that are no longer with us. Just like the ones you named.

And NO politician should be able to name a ship, building or anything after themselves... it's the epitome of arrogance.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

click

*poof*
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#8]
The first time it comes under fire, the crew should abandon it just like her husband did. when she was shot he left for a shuttle mission didn't he?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
How about the USS I shot Bin Laden in the fucking face...
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I hear everyone onboard will have mandatory helmets to wear.  Just incase
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is all.

USS Chris Kyle FTW.

This was my first thought
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious or just fucking stupid?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most successful sniper in US military history maybe?  For fucks sake....

So he did his job? Should we start naming boats for everyone in the military who did their jobs?

How about we start with guys who posthumously got the MoH. You know, people who don't have books written about them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm really glad I break my balls to pay taxes so the aristocracy can suck eachother off.

Sig line material right there!
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all.

USS Chris Kyle FTW.

This was my first thought

Well, my first thought wasnt COC compliant...
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#17]
This.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What in the holy fuck is this shit.......ships should be named for people like: Nimitz, Reagan, Washington, John Paul Jones!  Not fucking Gabriel Giffords......and we should have a USS Kyle before that waste oxygen.

And ships should only be named for people that are no longer with us. Just like the ones you named.  

And NO politician should be able to name a ship, building or anything after themselves... it's the epitome of arrogance.

Ronald Reagan was still alive when the USS Ronald Reagan was launched.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I truly feel bad for what happened to Gabby. It sucked, and continues to suck for her and for her family.

BUT what happened to her in no way earned her a name on a ship, bridge, building, airport, or sporting arena.

The goddamned anti-constitutionalists are equating tragedy with achievement.

What the motherfucking fuck?!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!

^this

so they gonna dry dock the ship in Tucson?

so when will they commission a USS Wookie ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So he did his job? Should we start naming boats for everyone in the military who did their jobs?

How about we start with guys who posthumously got the MoH. You know, people who don't have books written about them.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Name a combat ship after a constitutional traitor that wants to disarm the citizens of her own nation?  Par for the course.  She should respectfully decline the offer, in the interest of peace.

I could see naming an unarmed red-cross ship after her or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will it have a built in hole through the side of it?

Every head on the ship has a hole in it.

You guys kill me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess 20 Dead CT Students didn't roll off the tongue quite as well as the USS Gabby Grabber
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
How about the USNS Ceasar Chavez? Link
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck it, let's commission the USS Helen Keller.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#28]
i have never heard her name till she got shot, and i still dont give a shit about her
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#29]
oh you fuckers!!!  I am ROLLING over here!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What's the problem? Veteran, served during the war?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, you're just stupid.

Leave this forum you piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fuck it, let's commission the USS Helen Keller.

Submarine?   Silent Service?

Nothing to see down here anyways...........
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#34]
My"you got to be fucking kidding meter" just pegged
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of service members commit acts of absolute heroism on the battlefield without recognition.  Some get recognized and become household names.  Some remain anonymous.  Some get written up for it, but the award is downgraded by the CoC.

Just because someone earned the MOH, doesn't mean others like Chief Kyle didn't didn't perform just as bravely. Why the dismissive attitude of his accomplishments?  What's with the petty jealousy?  

Better yet-instead of even replying, why don't you just STFU and go away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Certainly there is irony in having an LCS named after you.

LCS.

They are the Joke of the Navy. It will stay pierside. They breakdown constantly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I truly feel bad for what happened to Gabby. It sucked, and continues to suck for her and for her family.

BUT what happened to her in no way earned her a name on a ship, bridge, building, airport, or sporting arena.

The goddamned anti-constitutionalists are equating tragedy with achievement.

What the motherfucking fuck?!  

^^^^THIS^^^^
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I posted the link to white house for Chris Kyle to get a ship named for him and I get accosted? WTF?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really? I had to read that post twice...that's just so full of fuck I can't even begin to tell where it starts and ends.  it's like a infinite fucktardedness...just...fuck...it is the event horizon of fuck.  you can actually be proud of being the epitome of fucking stupid that statement Is so fucking fucked up. wow.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of service members commit acts of absolute heroism on the battlefield without recognition.  Some get recognized and become household names.  Some remain anonymous.  Some get written up for it, but the award is downgraded by the CoC.

Just because someone earned the MOH, doesn't mean others like Chief Kyle didn't didn't perform just as bravely. Why the dismissive attitude of his accomplishments?  What's with the petty jealousy?  

Better yet-instead of even replying, why don't you just STFU and go away.

^^^^^^^And THIS^^^^^
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the problem? Veteran, served during the war?

Because the decision to name a USNS after the man was purely political-nothing more.  Did he distinguish himself?  Did he perform some heroic act?  

I respect his service, but not the libtard politicians exploiting the name of a Mexican labor activist for the purpose of soliciting votes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought this was already sop.  has any other ship been named after a living individual?

glad to see I wasn't the only one caught off guard by the Kyle statement!  besides being an amazing sniper how about the fact he died trying to help his brothers suffering from the war?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#45]
All ships have nicknames.  Shitty kitty,  Forest Fire,  Pierpuppy....    you know what this ship's nickname will be, right?

Last time this came up I said it.  I'll  let someone else have the fun of figuring it out.  , but it's beyond obvious.

go.

for the record, I'm vehemently against naming American warships after living people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And we are decommissioning the USS United States...

yahoo article

WTF is wrong with our "leaders"

In a nut shell, we don't fucking have any.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I have half a mind to write my congressman about this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you deliberately go out of your way to post inflammatory statements? Or are you just a fucking asshole?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top