Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2013 10:03:13 AM EDT
in Iraq or AFG.  Anyone have the picture?
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of such a thing

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish. It would be better than the African, Asian, Female, Emplyment, Sercice commonly known as AAFES.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
You mean a real one? Or the Sham one that was floating around a while ago?

"Anything you need ask Insid."
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish. It would be better than the African, Asian, Female, Emplyment, Sercice commonly known as AAFES.

Who do you think would be working the Wal Mart on post? I assure you they would not fly American Employees there, they love making a buck and unlike AAFES are a for profit entity.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Look for a cardboard sign that says MART, WAL, 1EA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
in Iraq or AFG.  Anyone have the picture?

Hey, the gummint buys a boatload of shit from Commies...

why shouldn't the servicemembers?

j/k, and pissed.

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I knew I had you on ignore for a reason... damn Active Topics.

Seeing as I'm already here...

FOB Gardez.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kRtD_UYcFKs/S7HpiijJ37I/AAAAAAAAAGA/dbwWvUOSdNw/s1600/Gardez_Walmart_DSC01135.jpg

FOB Gardez.

When did they start allowing this?  I would never in my life ever thought AAFES would think this was a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
They sell ammo?

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They sell ammo?

I was wondering the same thing.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#12]
The Hadji and Raggie shops on bases use all kinds of American store names...some are pretty damn funny too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They sell ammo?

Yes but they are always out of stock.

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Here you go this is legit the hadji that owned it said so.  I got a picture of the target that was next door also really was spoiled on that FOB

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They sell ammo?

Nope but you can get the latest in F-Oakleys for friends and relatives back home at deep discounts..

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Always Anxiously Fucking Enlisted Soldiers
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have said that for years. For something that is not for profit they sure charge prices like they are making one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bwhahahaha...good one, really like the $45USD for a carton of smokes there too

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here you go this is legit the hadji that owned it said so.  I got a picture of the target that was next door also really was spoiled on that FOB

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/325060/50919.JPG
Brand new wallyworld and they got bums and riff-raff

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who do you think would be working the Wal Mart on post? I assure you they would not fly American Employees there, they love making a buck and unlike AAFES are a for profit entity.

Locals i'm sure. Fine by me as long as there's some customer service involved. For profit entities have some skin in the game. They survive by making a profit, and making a profit means you've satisfied your customers. Unlike AAFES who basically sells a bunch of overpriced junk with ZERO customer service. Must me nice to have the monopoly on all military bases worldwide. Yea sure, they'll price match...why is a camera at the BX/PX 280$ and the same camera at Walmart 210$? SURE we'll price match...but we'd have screwed you out of 70$ if you didn't ask.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha. Never heard that one. Nice
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone I knew when I was working in Iraq and Afghanistan was getting their smokes at the Haji marts .  They were cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone I knew when I was working in Iraq and Afghanistan was getting their smokes at the Haji marts .  They were cheaper.

You hear that story about the hajis putting chemicals in the Pines and Miamis, so we don't fight, so we become pacifists?
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

might be the worst PS I've ever seen

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asian American Female Employment Service

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kRtD_UYcFKs/S7HpiijJ37I/AAAAAAAAAGA/dbwWvUOSdNw/s1600/Gardez_Walmart_DSC01135.jpg

FOB Gardez.

Why do you have me on ignore?  IM me if you want
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You hear that story about the hajis putting chemicals in the Pines and Miamis, so we don't fight, so we become pacifists?

I never heard that story, but I have heard similar stories over the years .
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Locals i'm sure. Fine by me as long as there's some customer service involved. For profit entities have some skin in the game. They survive by making a profit, and making a profit means you've satisfied your customers. Unlike AAFES who basically sells a bunch of overpriced junk with ZERO customer service. Must me nice to have the monopoly on all military bases worldwide. Yea sure, they'll price match...why is a camera at the BX/PX 280$ and the same camera at Walmart 210$? SURE we'll price match...but we'd have screwed you out of 70$ if you didn't ask.

That always rubbed me raw about AAFES also , I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Did you ever go to the Stabucks or Radio Shack?
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a PS, I've been there, how bout you?
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was paraphrasing Bunny from Platoon
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0004727/quotes
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why cause there is no FSA standing in the front?  

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brand new wallyworld and they got bums and riff-raff

Seems about right.

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was paraphrasing Bunny from Platoon
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0004727/quotes

Ahh well he was talking about the weed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

fucking GD
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#36]
We had an ACE hardware hadjimart on Victory.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have said that for years. For something that is not for profit they sure charge prices like they are making one.

AAFES motto: "Nothing is too good for the troops. and that's exactly what they'll get."
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAFES motto: "Nothing is too good for the troops. and that's exactly what they'll get."

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I was once actually brought into a AAFES focus group  back when they were coming up with the idea for that goddamn STAR card.

The drone really did not understand why people woould chose Wal-Mart over your local AAFES. even when presented with a list of 40 everday items that were CHEAPER there.

My response was, "because people  buy more than jewelry and shitty Hummel figurines".
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Spent two summers working for AAFES back when I was in college.  The stories I could tell...........

.....about the soldiers who shopped there!
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Spent two summers working for AAFES back when I was in college.  The stories I could tell...........

Waiting.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't see you had already posted the a pic of that Walmart must have been while i was searching for it on my hard drive.  I think I might remember a radio shack but not a Starbucks.  I honestly didn't buy much from those shops I would usually go haggle out at the bazaar usually much better prices.   There was a hadji restaurant that was bad ass my Terp who was an American was friends with the owner so we ate there alot until it burned down.  They rebuilt it up near the ECP but I left before it was complete
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

didn't see you had already posted the a pic of that Walmart must have been while i was searching for it on my hard drive.  I think I might remember a radio shack but not a Starbucks.  I honestly didn't buy much from those shops I would usually go haggle out at the bazaar usually much better prices.   There was a hadji restaurant that was bad ass my Terp who was an American was friends with the owner so we ate there alot until it burned down.  They rebuilt it up near the ECP but I left before it was complete

One night while I was RONing at GDZ, I went outside and saw that restaurant burning down.   That FOB was fucking weird - qalats inside the walls, "Wal-Mart" "Radio Shack" and a couple other strange things, too.  Oh yeah, "Olive Gardez."  (Though the cooks there took pride and fed us well).
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was once actually brought into a AAFES focus group  back when they were coming up with the idea for that goddamn STAR card.

The drone really did not understand why people woould chose Wal-Mart over your local AAFES. even when presented with a list of 40 everday items that were CHEAPER there.

My response was, "because people  buy more than jewelry and shitty Hummel figurines".

There's just no reason to shop there except for the tax break advantage. The customer service sucks, they are overpriced in a lot of things, and the stuff they stock is Walmart equivelant. They give back to morale functions, i get that, but for the overage they fuck you with on prices they should. Why not just shop at Walmart. Easier, cheaper, and the same junk.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Want to hear...

Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waiting.....

Just an overview;

Most of the work I did was out of a tractor trailer that ran on generator power.  Each morning and end of the day I would have to fill the generators to keep them going.  Cant have our boys and girls drinking luke warm drinks.  

Anyway, most soldiers were out on 2-4 weeks large scale war games training which incorporated live fire exercises and the laser tag hardware.  It would amaze me the special requests I would get to bring things out to the trailer for purchase.

I dont know how people go on 2+ weeks of training and dont have normal shit.  Being 19 and have women try and explain what tampons or pads they need.  Had a woman who didnt pack a bra in her gear.  Guys who only had two pairs of underwear and desperately needed more.  General fucking hilarity.  Many people missing crucial pieces of gear or uniforms: belts, boot laces (yep walked in with duck taped boots), socks, hats.

Then there were those who couldnt go two weeks in the woods without their magazines, candy, special fucking drinks, CDs, you name it.

The best was when people would try and get me to bring condoms on the sly, one guy actually passed me a note trying to be discrete.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They sell ammo?

Yes but they are always out of stock.

And your only allowed three boxes.LOL
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
[

One night while I was RONing at GDZ, I went outside and saw that restaurant burning down.   That FOB was fucking weird - qalats inside the walls, "Wal-Mart" "Radio Shack" and a couple other strange things, too.  Oh yeah, "Olive Gardez."  (Though the cooks there took pride and fed us well).

I actually did have pics of the fire but they where on two hard drives that got broken recently.  I am hoping they are still on an old laptop I don't have access to right now.  Where you there with an RCP out of Salerno?  Yeah it was weird like a Muslim cemetery in the middle of it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2013 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man that was a google photo. I was only at Gardez once when I was spending two weeks at Lightning after my unit got pulled out of Ghazni. I happened to end up being an extra GIB on a LOGPAC out to some JCOP out East near the border once and we had to stop at Gardez.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top