Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i enjoy manually manipulating my action...

Thirty-six posts and you just throw that right out there? Well, make yourself at home, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
sigh...

no.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought my in 1984 and have used in competition in both Steel Shoots and USPSA Production Class.

The gun is accurate and reliable. I must have close to 15k rounds on it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:10:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy it, nice pistol. It has flaws but if you maintain it and use quality mags its GTG.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People are just butt hurt that Beretta is the only pistol to meet the Army standards and keep winning the contracts while Glock and sig fall short.

These people swear by them but we all know there's no substitute for a Beretta.

Father carried one, police veteran. Now I carry the Nano everyday 100% even in gun free zones. My PX4 tears up the range,

I like glocks and other guns to, namely the M+P because it's American.

Just because you favor one pistol doesn't mean you should bash the others, i know it's hard.

I like the de-cocker because i enjoy manually manipulating my action so i prefer hammer-fire de-cocker's

Here's my Facebook page to get Beretta to make a 10mm Cx4, 90, px4 series in  10mm https://www.facebook.com/BerettaMakeA10mmCx4And92SeriesPetition

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/2192/n8ul.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img341/1223/u3wy.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1047/08l7.jpg

I love my PX4. It is by far my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much every criticism that can be placed upon the AR-15 applies to the Beretta : too small of caliber,unreliable,too many small parts... And for the most part,it's BS.

They're great shooting pistols that are well made,reliable and accurate. If you like guns and shooting,get one. If the only reason you own a gun is preparation of teotwawki,buy a couple more Glock 19s and maybe some rope and beef jerky or something.

For what it is,it's just as good as my USP,226,G17 and BHP. They all have relative merits and demerits but are all fine guns.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]
My only complaint about the gun is that it's extremely wide.  It doesn't fit my hands. It might fit yours and if it does, great.

The gun shop talk about 'most reliable handgun ever made' and 'only one to pass the Army's tests' really makes me laugh, though. Of course it always comes from the same guys who say to use birdshot for home defense.....if racking the slide doesn't scare them off.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
My only complaint about the gun is that it's extremely wide. It doesn't fit my hands.

Same here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't mind having an extra host for my Multimount.  I have thought about buying one, just to have something that's not a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You can pick it up.

Just make sure you put it down and don't buy it.

Hahaha.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Every collector has to have at-least one 92, amirite!?
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Do it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every collector has to have at-least one 92, amirite!?

2. Gotta be ready to go John Woo style.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
If not for the fact that they made the thumb safety go the wrong way (up to turn off), it would be an excellent pistol--even though I am not a great fan of Double/Single).
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If not for the fact that they made the thumb safety go the wrong way (up to turn off), it would be an excellent pistol--even though I am not a great fan of Double/Single).

Wrong is a relative term. To turn it off, you simply point your draw thumb up when grasping the pistol and slide it down the slide. Click, safety is off.

Or, you just use it as a decocker like 95% of 92 shooters.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#17]
The 92 FS is one of the nicest, smoothest, most accurate Full Size, All Metal, DA/SA pistols ever made.
That is my opinion.....Others will vary.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:20:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IMO, the double/single is why the 92/M9 was picked for the mil. Just a little bit of added safety for people that are barely (IMO) competent to carry a sidearm (it should be alot harder then 15 mins instruction and 45 rounds while being handheld by the coach to qual expert). And I actually like the thumb safety. With enough practice, you can flip the safety off as you grip just before a draw from a holster. Not ideal, but it lets you carry with the safety on, which keeps the Army safety nazis off your back.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:22:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong is a relative term. To turn it off, you simply point your draw thumb up when grasping the pistol and slide it down the slide. Click, safety is off.
Doesn't work like for me. Projecting my thumb up and forward, the safety does not go off until I have reached the absolute maximum extension of my thumb while maintaining a solid comfortable grip, plus a millimeter or two.

I have shot IPDA a couple of times with my M-9, and I do well, but that safety just does not come off without rearranging my grip slightly and straining the push with my thumb.  I have large hands too, so it is not that my thumb is too short (can't, or won't even consider a Glock as the grip and finger grooves are way too small for my hands). Pulling the safety down (which plays into the strength of your thumb) is much more natural and easy for me. I love the Cheeta, on that one they made the thumb safety go the correct way.

Not a big deal, but it is what prevents me from really liking the M-9, otherwise I find it to be a great pistol, and I really wanted to love it.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't work like for me. Projecting my thumb up and forward, the safety does not go off until I have reached the absolute maximum extension of my thumb while maintaining a solid comfortable grip, plus a millimeter or two.
I have shot IPDA a couple of times with my M-9, and I do well, but that safety just does not come off without rearranging my grip slightly and straining the push with my thumb.  I have large hands too, so it is not that my thumb is too short (can't, or won't even consider a Glock as the grip and finger grooves are way too small for my hands). Pulling the safety down (which plays into the strength of your thumb) is much more natural and easy for me. I love the Cheeta, on that one they made the thumb safety go the correct way.
Not a big deal, but it is what prevents me from really liking the M-9, otherwise I find it to be a great pistol, and I really wanted to love it.

Are you sure you have big hands?

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure you have big hands?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/GrinPhotoDump/0402132245b_zpse798f9d9.jpg
Thats not the thumb safety, that is the slide release.  The thumb safety is behind your thumb.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I know. I was demonstrating hand size. I did not have my cell phone or my M9 handy as I was on the toilet.

Here you see my hand position where my thumb lands immediately after disengaging the safety:

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I know. I was demonstrating hand size. I did not have my cell phone or my M9 handy as I was on the toilet.

I knows what I knows as far as for me.

All I can tell you is, it is not easy for me to get the thumb safety off on the M-9, otherwise I would love the pistol.

I have tried to work with it to get it easier for me, but I was not able to do so. If you want to believe it is so because I have freakishly short thumbs, fine.

If it is easy for you, great. It simply is not easy for me. Had the thumb safety been designed to move in the opposite direction (down to turn it off), I believe I would have no problems with the pistol at all.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

All I can tell you is, it is not easy for me to get the thumb safety off on the M-9, otherwise I would love the pistol.
I have tried to work with it to get it easier for me, but I was not able to do so. If you want to believe it is so because I have freakishly short thumbs, fine.
If it is easy for you, great. It simply is not easy for me. Had the thumb safety been designed to move in the opposite direction (down to turn it off), I believe I would have no problems with the pistol at all.

Down is relative. I usually push it downard (toward gravity) to disengage it, as I am typically in the process of decocking and reholstering when it comes to disengaging the safety.

Have you considered sending it to Allegheny Gun Works to get it converted to G (Decocker Only)?
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you can hold it well go for it. they shoot nice the worst thing is the safety/decocker specially being on the slide. If they had the design that the  Taurus PT92 has it would be 10x better of a firearm

EDIT Grammer

Pretty much this, she's a fatass (like most non-polymer 9mms) and safety is in the wrong place, but all in all a very good gun otherwise.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#26]
My 92 FS is my favorite pistol to shoot. Granted I have a bias from all the time I've carried one in the Army, but none the less I love shooting mine. Now for concealed carry, it's too big for me and my Glock 17 or M&P9 fill that role. I'd say if the price is good, fo...
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Down is relative. I usually push it downard (toward gravity) to disengage it, as I am typically in the process of decocking and reholstering when it comes to disengaging the safety.
Have you considered sending it to Allegheny Gun Works to get it converted to G (Decocker Only)?
Well, your hand placement is relative, down is toward the bottom of the pistol.

As far as modifying it, I could simply use it as a decocker, but to me that is not the point. I have my 1911s and Hi-Powers, so I just don't have a real need for the M-9, otherwise, perhaps I could find a work around.

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:55:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Put back down. Really not a great piece. Maybe for a collector but that's it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But they can do this:

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they can do this:

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j330/bobertm109/boss_zpsad37b51f.gif

magnum looks a little brown in that
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outstanding pistol. Do it!!!  Anyone who says otherwise voted for Obama.

I have had one for about 12 years. My brother has had one almost as long. Neither of us has ever had a problem.

did you bother shooting it that entire time?

I shoot mine all the time. It shoots well and I like it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Big fat complex fragile junk.

Bullshit

I have owned 92 's since 1985.  Also carried while in the mil

Never a problem
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 6:03:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I picked up a police trade several years ago.  Got a good deal and my pick of several that were in the case that day.  Wasn't expecting much due to all the bashing that Berettas get but I enjoy shooting it and it shoots tight groups.  Until the panic ammo was cheap and plentiful and was cheaper than..45 by a couple bucks a box.  Also I have picked up surplus magazines as low as 12 bucks so that is a plus.
Overall I'd rate the 92 a close second to the BHP.  It is still my favorite 9mm.  YMMV. And yes I do own a Glock 17!
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#34]
IMO, there are better handguns than the Beretta.  It's too big when compared to other guns.  Too many parts compared to other guns.  Requires too many tools compared to other guns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
IMO, there are better handguns than the Beretta.  It's too big when compared to other guns.  Too many parts compared to other guns.  Requires too many tools compared to other guns.

Less than .25" in any dimension as compared to a Glock 17.

Internal safeties take parts, yo.

One punch, one screwdriver. Same for any other metal frame pistol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Owned two 92's & a 96. never failed me after 10,000 +rds. I use them in USPSA(production class) competition
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#37]
It's a very good gun.  A shooter will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I have one and I like it, I just don't shoot it very well. I do OK with it but I shoot my Glock 21 much more accurately. I'll never sell it and keep working with it but if becomes GO time, I'll grab my 21.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they can do this:

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j330/bobertm109/boss_zpsad37b51f.gif

LOL

what show/movie is that?

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#40]
IMHO, opinion, the Beretta 92/M9 falls into the  "buy if you find a good deal" category.  I found a good deal on one a few years back, so I grabbed it.  It's not my favorite 9mm, but it works, and it's very accurate.  I keep it on the "holy fuck the Russians/Zombies/FSA are coming" belt, with a bunch of 20 round magazines.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes.

I have a M9 and M9A1 and will never get rid of them.

M9 > Glock
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
no.

they are gay

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you can hold it well go for it. they shoot nice the worst thing is the safety/decocker specially being on the slide. If they had the design that the  Taurus PT92 has it would be 10x better of a firearm

EDIT Grammer

*snort*
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Outstanding pistol. Do it!!!  Anyone who says otherwise voted for Obama.

I have had one for about 12 years. My brother has had one almost as long. Neither of us has ever had a problem.

did you bother shooting it that entire time?

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I have one, fun to shoot and accurate, but mostly a range toy because of the size and weight, even less interesting now w/ the risk of arrest here with the 15 round magazines. My trigger return spring broke also

Just to clarify:  NY law is now no magazines over 10 round capacity, but you can only load those 10 round magazines to 7, correct?

Yup  

I will feel safer when I visit (not) New York.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, your hand placement is relative, down is toward the bottom of the pistol.
As far as modifying it, I could simply use it as a decocker, but to me that is not the point. I have my 1911s and Hi-Powers, so I just don't have a real need for the M-9, otherwise, perhaps I could find a work around.

Just agree you shoot your guns wrong and down is not always down before he has a hissy fit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bad poke. Don't drag that shit out here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Mine was a Postal Inspectors trade-in, so don't make me go postal.

Remind me why a 'Postal Inspector' needs to carry a pistol?
I can imagine the scene--"I'm a postal inspector, nobody move..."
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad poke. Don't drag that shit out here.

What did I drag out here? You're telling him he shoots wrong and down is relative. Down is down
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top