Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/6/2013 1:56:43 AM EDT

Live action ROBOTECH?

I am excited, but I know it'll be fucking ruined.

Because OP isn't a faggot:

(but I'll need to find more of these thrift store finds, minus the Robocop ED-209)
eta: Picture of thrift store find.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Id prefer Gundam...

Mainly 'cuz I dont care if they fuck it up...
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh, they've been talking about that since the first Transformers came out.
And yes, they definitely will fuck it all up if it ever gets off the ground.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Id prefer Gundam...

Mainly 'cuz I dont care if they fuck it up...

You know, I've never seen that. I am bias as all hell though because as a 7 year old, this show came on at 4pm daily, Macross to Masters to The Invid Invasion.

I know the theme song by heart Hell, I'm not ghey, but as a young boy I cried when the SDF-1 was destroyed and I thought Lisa died. I was enthralled with that love story only slightly less that Miria and Max Sterling (who's child would star in the Masters chapter)... oh god damn look at me!

At least it isn't ponies or some shit eh?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I was in my early teens when I started watching it.
As someone that had been used to the likes of GI Joe and Transformers, I was totally unprepared for major characters to be killed off.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/MZO8zvM2P9E

Live action ROBOTECH?

http://youtu.be/qEe0kzyFOyU

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc403/AccidentalG/IMG_20130607_113758.jpg
(but I'll need to find more of these thrift store finds, minus the Robocop ED-209)

I think I actually have a case of those Exo-Squad RoboTech Mecha on a shelf somewhere downstairs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was in my early teens when I started watching it.
As someone that had been used to the likes of GI Joe and Transformers, I was totally unprepared for major characters to be killed off.

That is why, even at my young age, I refused to watch all the other shows. I watched ROBOTCH and then went outside to play. Gobots, GI Joe, Transformers. No one died, it wasn't realistic enough for me... talk about being a serious kid.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Live action ROBOTECH?

I think I actually have a case of those Exo-Squad RoboTech Mecha on a shelf somewhere downstairs.

Pics or GTFO
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:32:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't they rename it Pacific Rim?  
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dude, that movie looks like ass! Nothing near ROBOTECH. Seriously, that is the second reference I've seen. Am I missing something?

If you think Pacific Rim movie is anything like ROBOTECH...

Amazon has the whole Robotech series. Spend the cash and watch it from the Macross Saga through The Masters and complete the Invid.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But you've enlightened me.

BOYCOT the making of ROBOTECH live action film!
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Cartoons don't seem to do well as movies, not usually anyway.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Live action ROBOTECH?

Pics or GTFO

I'm in the process of summer cleaning now.  Hit me with a PM reminder, and when I find them I'll let you know.  At my current rate of progress, I may not find them until the end of summer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cartoons don't seem to do well as movies, not usually anyway.

WAT

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I assume our fond childhood memories of Robotech will feel like the guys on the tank when hollywood is done with it.

You know it

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:30:16 AM EDT
[#16]
INCOMING!

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Interdasting, I loved that series, but right now I've got to get thru Ender's Game.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#19]
ROBOTECH ULTRA ACE, Roy Focker

Sappy shit half way though, watch it all, it's worth it
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Great series.  I lucked into a copy of Robotech Art I (bible of Robotech stuff) at a Waldenbooks in the 1980s.  I asked if they had it, they said they had special-ordered one for a guy who never came in to pick it up.  So they pulled it off the special shelf and sold it to me.

ETA:  Wish I had saved my Robotech toys.  Some of those go for big $$ on ebay.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Harmony Gold will fuck it up. They are the reason we can't get new macross here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Great series.  I lucked into a copy of Robotech Art I (bible of Robotech stuff) at a Waldenbooks in the 1980s.  I asked if they had it, they said they had special-ordered one for a guy who never came in to pick it up.  So they pulled it off the special shelf and sold it to me.

Where I learned long later that Roy died with three holes in his back next to a bowl of fruit, most likely Cantaloupe. In he 80's they cut the actual blood and damage to Roy's back. Later I had a book (which I wish I still had) that showed his back.

Poor Claudia who found him.

It was eluded to in broadcast that he had suffered serious injuries by the reaction of Roy's crew chief. But as you can tell, a 7-9 year old devote of the show, seeing the pictures that were removed for US consumption...

Regardless.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Roy Fokker was a PIMP!
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:25:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where I learned long later that Roy died with three holes in his back next to a bowl of fruit, most likely Cantaloupe. In he 80's they cut the actual blood and damage to Roy's back. Later I had a book (which I wish I still had) that showed his back.

Poor Claudia who found him.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8923/0n3a.jpg

It was eluded to in broadcast that he had suffered serious injuries by the reaction of Roy's crew chief. But as you can tell, a 7-9 year old devote of the show, seeing the pictures that were removed for US consumption...

Regardless.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc403/AccidentalG/0910_robotech.jpg

They fail to show in that picture the MAC-II

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Roy Fokker was a PIMP!

He was.
Episode 1 Macross Saga showed that when he saw his childhood friend, Rick Hunter. He talks about how much pussy he gets being a great pilot
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Episode 1 Macross Saga showed that when he saw his childhood friend, Rick Hunter. He talks about how much pussy he gets being a great pilot

He also oogles Minmei's ass.

Well, damn it!
I was gonna watch a few episodes, then discovered the show was taken off Netflix AND YouTube!!!
WTF?!?!?

eta: now I have to decide which dvds to watch...the original Legacy ones with the old (cool) SFX or the new Remastered with additional footage but crappy SFX.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Warner Brothers is behind this?

Fuck Hollywood. ETA: Yamazaki's live action Starblazers wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it. Had some Hollywood assholes made that film, it would have been pure crap.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, damn it!
I was gonna watch a few episodes, then discovered the show was taken off Netflix AND YouTube!!!
WTF?!?!?

eta: now I have to decide which dvds to watch...the original Legacy ones with the old (cool) SFX or the new Remastered with additional footage but crappy SFX.

Serious?! Holy shit! Just this last week I watched fragmented episodes on YT. (IE Episode 1 and 2... missing 3... etc)
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, damn it!
WTF?!?!?

I know I have a few, don't know which they are, appear to be originals (DVD)
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:56:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, damn it!

WTF?!?!?

watch Macross (and its sequels ) instead.  that way you get the orginal Japanese version that wasnt edited for US audiences...available at your favorite jolly rogers flying site

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I assume our fond childhood memories of Robotech will feel like the guys on the tank when hollywood is done with it.

I will still see it.

Robotech was my favorite cartoon series. I can't not see it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:17:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Just saw this, seems like a decent cast, except for Adml Gloval...

Oops forgot the video

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Most of the Robotech Toys are repackaged Japanese Macross and Mospeada stuff. The toys HG did make are lame..lol
The awacs is the VE-1 elintseeker.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Most of the Robotech Toys are repackaged Japanese Macross and Mospeada stuff. The toys HG did make are lame..lol

Thank you

All I know is he had all of them, from HG or not. So fucking many, I was seriously jealous.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, damn it!

WTF?!?!?

They were all available on Hulu also, but they've been taken down.

I wonder why?

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just saw this, seems like a decent cast, except for Adml Gloval...

Oops forgot the video

http://youtu.be/OvRXUvN_Aqo

Needs more beach volleyball.

Yeah I know, but I can't gig the creator of that video, they worked with what they had.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, damn it!
WTF?!?!?

I wonder why?

Maybe HG is pulling them for the MGM deal?
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:51:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

All I know is he had all of them, from HG or not. So fucking many, I was seriously jealous.

You don't want to see my stuff then

<--------------Macross/Mospeada/Robotech nerd

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Or maybe they're getting ready for yet another DVD release of the series...

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:54:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, damn it!
WTF?!?!?

I wonder why?

Probably Harmony Gold's doing. I'm sure they keep an eye out for their copyright ever since some of their mecha found their way into battletech. you see a Zentraedi battle pod. I see the marauder
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:56:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I hope they don't screw this up.  Check out robotech.com if you want the DVDs or books.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:56:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

You don't want to see my stuff then

<--------------Macross/Mospeada/Robotech nerd

Show it! Dude, like I said, I cried as a boy when the SDF-1 was destroyed because A) Lisa and Rick love and B) I thought the series was over.

My best friend even had a MAC II.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe they're getting ready for yet another DVD release of the series...

Possibly.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Since when was ed-209 a robotech character?

Eta nvmnd saw your disclaimer attune bottom.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:00:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, damn it!
WTF?!?!?

I wonder why?

Probably Harmony Gold's doing. I'm sure they keep an eye out for their copyright ever since some of their mecha found their way into battletech. you see a Zentraedi battle pod. I see the marauder

They had ALOT of Robotech (c) mechs
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:00:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hope they don't screw this up.  Check out robotech.com if you want the DVDs or books.

I have an account there
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top