Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/7/2013 5:55:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's the chin tray
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That would work fine with a face shield on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, that's about the right height for an EOTech while wearing gas masks and ancillary gear.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy height over bore, Batman!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It does not look like they have plates in those plate carriers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Europeans often use full face ballistic sheilds.    You need the height.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually, that's about the right height for an EOTech while wearing gas masks and ancillary gear.  
View Quote

Yup

Edit:  I can tell you though that if they do things like they did about 15 years ago that they zero at around 10-15 yards IIRC. Which is all sorts of F'd up at the short/long change up. We had a GSG9 fanboy trainer on our team years ago that insisted the UMP's be zeroed at super short range. It was screwy o take a 50 yard shot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Europeans often use full face ballistic sheilds.    You need the height.
View Quote

GD knows best.....

It is a thick piece of plexiglass and you aren't going to have a good checkweld.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
noooo, those guys need to learn from arfcom..................

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
noooo, those guys need to learn from arfcom..................

View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]
zeee germanz often use a ballistic shield

eta, holy shit i was late
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#12]
See the funny stock? Same deal

Eta-in proper HK fashion he has backwards bullets. Some use mags clamped backwards so the risk of loading an empty mag  is lessened.Also note he's carrying a wheel gun.Hamburg's MEK uses .357 686s.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

In before some notices the revolver with the light&laser on the grip, and the backwards MP5 mag.  
And god damn I HATED the Sabre radios.  Was so happy when we switched to the XTS5000's and XTS7500's.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In before some notices the revolver with the laser on the grip, and the backwards MP5 mag.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In before some notices the revolver with the laser on the grip, and the backwards MP5 mag.  

Damn it! While I was editing!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Eh, too each their own.

I'm sure they have their reasons and their own philosophy behind it, but it's not my cup o' tea that's for sure.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7r1s7Emv21r9khx4o1_500.jpg

Eta-in proper HK fashion he has backwards bullets. Some use mags clamped backwards so the risk of loading an empty mag  is lessened.Also note he's carrying a wheel gun.Hamburg's MEK uses .357 686s.
View Quote
I hope that photo isn't too recent.   The radio is a Motorola Saber, and should have been retired at least 10 years ago.   Great radios in their day,

but getting rather long in the tooth.

It'd be like using a 1990 Caprice as your patrol car.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good signature.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#18]

At least their EoTechs aren't on backwards.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#19]
What's with the numbered patches?

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, I thought some of my shit was mounted high.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And god damn I HATED the Sabre radios.  Was so happy when we switched to the XTS5000's and XTS7500's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its more tacticool to "spin" the mag during mag changes.....   geez..........  
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit.

The explanation makes sense but good lord.

I guess the big handle on the g36 makes sense
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't easily discount anything that GSG9 does

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope that photo isn't too recent.   The radio is a Motorola Saber, and should have been retired at least 10 years ago.   Great radios in their day,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey now, don't go knocking the 90's Battlewagon.  That thing, with the LS7 motor, was a BEAST!!!  Wish they'd bring it back.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That outfit looks extremely uncomfortable. Guess it's better than taking a bullet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sabers (CORRECT spelling!) were great in their day but really could have used smaller batteries.

Unfortunately, the smaller, COMFORTABLE battery packs didn't last very long.     They needed Lithium polymer batteries many years

before Lithium polymer batteries were available.

I always liked the Saber for its thin form factor.  You can park it on your hip where it's convenient and you won't bump into it with your

arm as it swings.  But the length with a standard or high cap batter was a bit much.

The 5K has always been a great radio.  I have four of them.  (And four Sabers, too.)  I really liked both APX radios that I've had,

but no longer had them because I made a profit off them. A FAT profit.    I will eventually have some examples to keep.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

At least their EoTechs aren't on backwards.

View Quote
I've seen them mounted backwards so often I'm no longer sure which way is right.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#29]
can't believe there aren't more people bitching about the G36
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometime I wonder if Vickers wasn't spot on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup

Edit:  I can tell you though that if they do things like they did about 15 years ago that they zero at around 10-15 yards IIRC. Which is all sorts of F'd up at the short/long change up. We had a GSG9 fanboy trainer on our team years ago that insisted the UMP's be zeroed at super short range. It was screwy o take a 50 yard shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Sounds like it would suck to get into a gunfight in Walmart or a big warehouse/industrial area where 100+ yard shots are possible with that setup
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hey now, don't go knocking the 90's Battlewagon.  That thing, with the LS7 motor, was a BEAST!!!  Wish they'd bring it back.
-SleeperShooter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

Thought the exact same when I read it.

Those things were BOSS.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sounds like it would suck to get into a gunfight in Walmart or a big warehouse/industrial area where 100+ yard shots are possible with that setup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

100 + yard shots are something  less than 1% of police shootings iirc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

It would be screwy to take a 50 yard shot with .45 anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stock is so he can shoot with that helmet he is wearing.

Revolver is for shield guy so he can brace the gun against the shield for extra stability. The slide of a semi auto won't cycle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

about what?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Revolver is for shield guy so he can brace the gun against the shield for extra stability. The slide of a semi auto won't cycle.
View Quote

Well, us Americans seem to do it just fine. The arm is braced, but shooting from the shield still sucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

about what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

about what?

Copy repair and spongebob.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Hold on a fucking minute! High speed welding gloves are being released now? Now fucking way!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Dang. Looks like he is wearing a bomb squad suit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

Great car, for sure, but how many miles would one have on it today if kept in constant service?

23 years old when a typical patrol vehicle gets 50,000 miles in three to four years...you'd be driving a clapped out car with probably about 300K miles on it.  If the engine hadn't been rebuilt the clearances would be so loose that the pistons would be swapping cylinders every so often.

Things get old.    Like so many of US, we were really good when we were young.   Now...maybe not so much.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 686 is the standard sidearm of that MEK. The French still use a lot of Manurhin .357s as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

So they have a spare piece for when they are not wearing a gas mask? If they do they certainly aren't using it.

At a certain point people are probably specializing their gear to the their own detriment. But hey, it looks cool and the chicks probably dig it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

about what?

You;re a spongebob printer repairman? WTF?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

about what?

Kinda. I'm better at breaking printers and watching spongebob
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That would work fine with a face shield on.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking, they look like EOD suits, lol.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok I wanna see that fuckin revolver out of the holster!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#49]
ell, least the optic is placed in the right position...

As opposed to New York's finest...

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Several years ago they sent a team here for the SWAT Nationals, I knew the sheriffs captain fairly well that was assigned to Shepard them around town, and I was a vendor at the event. I got to spend a bunch of time with them. They were all very laid back and fun to hang with. One of the fun events for the teams had them shooting skeet. They had never done it before, so we loaded up and went to my range on skeet night. The look on the old skeet Fudds faces was priceless when we showed up with them in full gear to practice. They did quite well. They kinda showed off a bit, while not shooting they spent their time doing push-ups and pull-ups. I got invited to sit at their table for the awards banquet and got lots of cool GSG-9 swag, also got given their left over Ruag ammo that they were not taking back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top