Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2013 9:50:20 PM EDT
Who here carries a over the shoulder bag? Something like the Maxpedition EDC or the 5.11 Push pack, or any other of this style. You like it or do you prefer a backpack style? I use a small backpack for my EDC shit, but these seem easier and quicker to get into. Just curious what the rest of GD uses.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Oakley Kitchen Sink
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a Gucci purse
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a Gucci purse
View Quote

I can't afford Gucci.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Maxpedition Sitka

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Nice. I have the same FNX set up in my Versipack.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
For EDC, a slingpack or satchel is the way to go. I keep a backpack of "get home" stuff in case I need to walk home from work, but backpacks are just too big for EDC, and the straps get in the way.

I took a Maxpedition Kodiak on a short four hour hike loaded up with h2o, food, clothes, etc. It was the most uncomfortable hike ever. That is when you use the backpack. In and out of a car, slingpack or manpurse is the way to go!
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For EDC, a slingpack or satchel is the way to go. I keep a backpack of "get home" stuff in case I need to walk home from work, but backpacks are just too big for EDC, and the straps get in the way.

I took a Maxpedition Kodiak on a short four hour hike loaded up with h2o, food, clothes, etc. It was the most uncomfortable hike ever. That is when you use the backpack. In and out of a car, slingpack or manpurse is the way to go!
View Quote

That Sitka bag looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to say it but as a Kodiak owner you're spot on.  Hikes of any distance fatigue the shoulder(s) badly.  I'm looking to switch.

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can't afford Gucci.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I carry a Gucci purse

I can't afford Gucci.

well, its from a garage sale
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Gay
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Gay
View Quote

I know a few dudes that carry sling bags/man purses who have killed people all over the world, so not sure if it's gay. It's probably pretty smart actually.

I've tried it but it wasn't for me. It did make it easy to carry med supplies and light though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know a few dudes that carry sling bags/man purses who have killed people all over the world, so not sure if it's gay. It's probably pretty smart actually.

I've tried it but it wasn't for me. It did make it easy to carry med supplies and light though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

Do people typically feel the need to carry around med supplies and lipstick?
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

Lipstick? Thanks for fucking up my thread bud.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gay
View Quote

Right, because looking cool is FAR more important than functionality or practicality

OP, when my daughter was a baby I used a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack as a diaper bag. My wife bought it for me, and it had enough room for everything my kiddo needed-as well as a handgun and reload if I wasn't carrying on my person.

My "bump in the night" grab-n-go bag for home is a Maxpedition Active Shooter:

It contains my Sordin Bluetooth headset, an extra cell phone, multitool, Otis kit, gloves, small blowout kit etc.

My get home bag in the trunk of the car is a $20 LAPG "Bailout" bag LINK

Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Right, because looking cool is FAR more important than functionality or practicality

OP, when my daughter was a baby I used a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack as a diaper bag. My wife bought it for me, and it had enough room for everything my kiddo needed-as well as a handgun and reload if I wasn't carrying on my person.

http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/maxpedition_bag.jpg
It contains my Sordin Bluetooth headset, an extra cell phone, multitool, Otis kit, gloves, small blowout kit etc.

http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/GHB.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

I like that Bailout bag. I'm gonna grab one of those to keep in the truck.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry a sling pack very similar to this one:

It's just black though, and not very tactical.  I carry concealed so the only thing gun related in the pack is mags.  I also carry a med kit, bottled water, a shamag, pen, two flashlights, couple of CR123, AA, AAA batteries, some 550 cord, small soft case (with headphones, thumb drives, MP3 player, cell charger, MP3 charger) couple of Cliff bars and that's about it.  I usually carry it at work and when I am out with my kids.

It's just so damn handy to have.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

For the money they are excellent. If it is going to see hard use you might want to buy an extra.

If it is just going to stay in your truck though I wouldn't bother.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

He just joined this site for GD. It happens.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#20]

I have a 5.11 push pack that i use for small trips. I like the 5.11 gear bags due to the quality of materials used in the products they make. The stitching is outstanding and they use all YKK zippers. I have never had any issues with the materials ripping or fraying.

I have the Rush Moab 10 as well and have never had an issue with it either.  All of which share the same quality i have come to expect from 5.11 products.

Maxpedition makes some nice stuff too from what i have heard and seen from other people. You really can not go wrong with either brand IMO.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Also i have found that i prefer the smaller push pack over the backpack style Moab 10. The smaller bag is less cumbersome and still has plenty of room for anything you may need in a small trip or day pack.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Sling packs... you can keep them. Get a regular backpack that is more useful and doesn't scream "MAN PURSE!".
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#23]
I've carried a Maxpedition Jumbo KISS for several years. Perfect bag for all-around utility.

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up a 5.11 RUSH MOAB 6. They have them at Academy Sports. It's my first bag like that and I really like it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gay
View Quote

When you have kids it's smart. Ever had one with a runny nose? You can only stuff so much Kleenex in your pockets. I was at my daughter's ballgame (she is 6 and cheers) it was a cold rainy day. I had stuff to fix her hair, a blanket etc with me in my 5.11 tactical triab 18. When it came time to leave I packed up in about 2 minutes. One of the other dads said to me "you are the smartest man here."
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When you have kids it's smart. Ever had one with a runny nose? You can only stuff so much Kleenex in your pockets. I was at my daughter's ballgame (she is 6 and cheers) it was a cold rainy day. I had stuff to fix her hair, a blanket etc with me in my 5.11 tactical triab 18. When it came time to leave I packed up in about 2 minutes. One of the other dads said to me "you are the smartest man here."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gay

Well said.

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a few like that.

A custom bag that Storm_Tracker here made for me, that's specifically to support my CCW.
A custom bag that I got in on a group buy of over on another board, based on the bag that Val Kilmer carried in "Spartan".
A Filson padded laptop bag.

ST's bag:

"Spartan" bag:

Filson padded laptop bag:
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I carry a maxpedition pigmy falcon.  

Not on my person everyday, but back and forth to the office and it is in my vehicle when I go somewhere.

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Not my everyday, but use on weekend stays. Carries my glasses, keys, water bottle, sweater, folding knife, etc.

Can also fold into a compact pouch on weekend excursions:
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I use a TAG low-key attache case as a laptop case for my 13" MBP.  It looks like any other black nylon laptop bag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Like I posted, I use the Kitchen Sink to carry the majority of my EDC stuff.  But since most are talking satchels/etc I'll share this.  For work I used to have carry a satchel type messenger bag around.  Fucking hated the damn thing because you always had to put a hand on the strap to keep it from sliding around.  HATED THAT! That was my biggest issue with the bag and why I'll take backpacks 100/100 times.  

So what did I do?  I purchased a heavy duty plastic belt clip.  I cut a slit into the back of the bag, inserted the clip, glued it in, and burned the edges up.  I then clipped it to my belt and adjusted the strap accordingly.  Sucker never moved and became 100x more handy.  So if you have thoughts about having to work/move with the bag...its something to consider.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#33]

This. Mine is black however.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#34]
an older version of this from LL Bean:

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Slingpacks like my Maxpedition Sitka rule for those who use public transportation as you can sit down as well as access them without taking them off. Much better than being the guy who is holding up boarding and flailing his arms while trying to get his backpack on and off.

You are absolutely right in that they suck for hiking however.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/56037019_FILLED.jpg

I have a 5.11 push pack that i use for small trips. I like the 5.11 gear bags due to the quality of materials used in the products they make. The stitching is outstanding and they use all YKK zippers. I have never had any issues with the materials ripping or fraying.
http://stock-number.com/images/store/56-450.jpg
I have the Rush Moab 10 as well and have never had an issue with it either.  All of which share the same quality i have come to expect from 5.11 products.

Maxpedition makes some nice stuff too from what i have heard and seen from other people. You really can not go wrong with either brand IMO.
View Quote

My Rush Moab is with me at all time, a lot of time it's in my truck, but it with me, it tuff a hell still looks new
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#37]
SO Tech Go Bag.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a Maxpedition Sabercat.  It's basically a small boxy duffle bag that turns into a fannypack, I usually keep it strapped into the front passenger seat of my car.

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#39]
OST.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#40]
It's not gay if it has a Brony patch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Same here, heck of an EDC pack.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I carry a maxpedition pigmy falcon.  

Not on my person everyday, but back and forth to the office and it is in my vehicle when I go somewhere.

View Quote

Picture added......

I carry Ipad, flashlight, bandana, snacks, pen, pouch with charging cables, small TP roll, Israeli bandage, bottle of water bottle pocket on one side, rain jacket rolled up in bottle pocket on the other side, Glock 19 in front pocket with room left for anything I may need to stick in there during the day. (beer can added for size reference)

Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#43]
If I ever carry a pack, I use a Disney cruise line backpack.  

It may look gay as hell to anyone who notices it, but it doesn't scream "I'm carrying a Glock and 5 magazines" like the 5.11 pack.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#45]
"That's my purse!" kick to the balls.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I used to carry a Maxpedition Jumbo E.D.C. Versipack, but I bought a Sitka recently and have been carrying that every day since.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If I ever carry a pack, I use a Disney cruise line backpack.  

It may look gay as hell to anyone who notices it, but it doesn't scream "I'm carrying a Glock and 5 magazines" like the 5.11 pack.
View Quote

That's absolutely brilliant

I'd rather have someone dismiss me as a non-threatening metrosexual than be "made" by virtue of the tactical looking gear I'm carrying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
http://www.smkw.com/large/knife/56037019_FILLED.jpg

http://stock-number.com/images/store/56-450.jpg

View Quote

Looks like 5.11 completely copied Maxpedition's Veripack.  

I carry a Versipack Jumbo on nightly walks through the woods with the wife and dog.  It's a great bag that I bought when the first came out several years ago.  I've carried it a lot, but only when not in public and when I don't feel like strapping on a CCW.  It also make a great "grab and go bag".  I guess I'm not secure enough to carry a man purse into town on a regular basis though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Just ordered one of these.

I don't have it yet, but a friend of mine has one and I've borrowed it a time or two. It rides nice over the shoulder for walking around and if your gonna ride your bike, just clip the under arm strap and it'll stay put.
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have a few like that.

A custom bag that Storm_Tracker here made for me, that's specifically to support my CCW.
A custom bag that I got in on a group buy of over on another board, based on the bag that Val Kilmer carried in "Spartan".
"Spartan" bag:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Pchang714/Picture012.jpg
View Quote

Please tell me more about the Spartan bag.  I would be very interested in a bag like that.  Any pics of the inside?  Possible to get one anywhere or was it a one-time custom group buy?  Spartan was a good movie BTW, not many people I know have seen though for some reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top