BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/8/2014 5:43:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#1]
First it's all:

“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.
View Quote

Later it's like:

“I saw my SWAT team roll up in this, then it tipped over, so fuck it. I give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Tinfoil post, militarization of police ain't happening.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't tell, is he wearing cargo pants?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#4]
IED
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Better practice their roll over drills

"ROLL OVER! ROLL OVER! ROLL OVER!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:48:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:49:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First it's all:

Later it's like:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
First it's all:

“If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

Later it's like:

“I saw my SWAT team roll up in this, then it tipped over, so fuck it. I give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

This
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:49:18 AM EDT
[#10]
*sigh*

Rubber tires.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this for the snow birds, rabid golfers or zombie old ladies ar Walmart? WTF Ft Pierce?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Tinfoil post, militarization of police ain't happening.
View Quote

Yep, they are just preparing to fight "terrorist" (you're definition of terrorist may vary from theirs)
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Military is dumping those things as fast as they can.  Every PD in the country will have one within a couple of years..  If they don't go to the PD they just get scrapped.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like 5.11's with the Pro belt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone spell IED
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:52:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://media2.wptv.com//photo/2014/01/07/WPTV_Ft._Pierce_Armored_vehicle_2_20140107155111_640_480.JPG

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Police in Fort Pierce are now armed with a U.S. military surplus battle wagon: a six wheel, 30-ton armored vehicle worth $700,000 — that the agency got for $2,000.

The St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office helped in getting the vehicle painted for free, so the sides say “Police” and "Fort Pierce."

It is the city’s second SWAT vehicle. In 2009 the city got, for free, a van equipped with a ramp on the roof for getting into second- and third-story buildings

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_lucie_county/fort_pierce/fort-pierce-police-department-unveils-new-armored-vehicle#ixzz2polyFOzi

http://http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_lucie_county/fort_pierce/fort-pierce-police-department-unveils-new-armored-vehicle

Hey Bill!
View Quote

cool, I wish I had one, and so do most of you!
also, why is the reported weight of these things varying from 15-30 ton...that's a hell of a difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Because of shit like this, determined bad guys will counter with IEDs.  A law against IEDs won't stop them.

I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  Thanks for bringing IEDs to America fuckers.

It will take a while though for the cops to be able to use these things successfully, as posted up thread they're going to roll a few times before they get there.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Or just wait until SWAT exits the vehicle.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I have this image in mind that they have a U-Joint in the middle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Because of shit like this, determined bad guys will counter with IEDs.  A law against IEDs won't stop them.

I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  Thanks for bringing IEDs to America fuckers.

It will take a while though for the cops to be able to use these things successfully, as posted up thread they're going to roll a few times before they get there.

View Quote
I guess we will just have to put cameras up everywhere to prevent IED planting.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#23]
More like "If you see me roll up in this and you can hold out for a hour or 2 your home free cuz it will probably break down"
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I have $2K

Can I get one too?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:00:24 AM EDT
[#25]
In the words of Rambo, John J: "Nothing is ever over!"
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Dupe, florida hometown forum
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#28]
He should drag race it against the van and see what's faster on 1/4 mile.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#29]
The St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office helped in getting the vehicle painted for free
View Quote

Nice paint job.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Sam has his own Typical Weapons And Tactics team-really?

Eat a bag of dicks JBT.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Those things were $700-fucking-K , when new

Good grief Charlie Brown !!

Do they fucking FLY , or something ?!!???

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I will build an even bigger armored vehicle and destroy the police version.

Then the military will give the police something bigger.

Then I will build something bigger....

This is starting to sound like a lot of trouble.  Can't we just skip all that and give Barney Fife access to Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:02:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Challenge Accepted?

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Damnit, beat me to the punch
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on who the hell is going to counter with an IED?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#36]
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the police become militarized, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I hope the police are ready to deal with IED attacks.  
View Quote

1960 called
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Challenge Accepted?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"If you see my SWAT team roll up in this, it’s over, so just give up,” said Police Chief Sam Baldwin.

Challenge Accepted?

Yeah If they think al-quida is the only ones that can build an IED , well they're in for a few surprises .

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Intimidating the community isn't the way to police a community.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those who would are smart enough to avoid this particular confrontation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone who wants to stop a fucking MRAP.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#42]
My daughter and her husband and new child live in Ft Pierce.

I am sure they feel much safer knowing such a vehicle is there to protect them from the inevitable Al Qaeda attack as Ft Pierce is certainly where they are coming as soon as they lock down Fallujah

it is for the children

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Sounds great until the SWAT team gets out of the vehicle.  Then they become poorly shielded targets like everything else.

A lot of tough talk from a guy in a high risk, low reward profession.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#44]
haha, i hope "maintenance mondays" come to the police force! soon after they will get a SAMS box and start printing 5988's
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#45]
The KCMO PD has or used to have a couple of V100 armored cars.  The original engine wore out in one and it was replaced with a pickup truck engine with a lot less torque.  One day a SWAT guy tried to climb a hill with it and couldn't.  So, he tried to drive around the hill while already up on the hill as far as he could go.  He rolled the V100 down the hill .... sideways .... about 5 or 6 revolutions.

It broke off or smashed everything on the outside, but it still ran so he just drove it back to the garage.

This isn't one of theirs, but very similar.

Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mexican drug cartels and various others with resources and motivation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:08:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dupe, florida hometown forum
View Quote

Ho Lee Fuk.  High Springs has an MRAP.  Can someone tell me how the tax base of 6K is going to pay upkeep on that.  Shit is out of control.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#48]
2012 Census reports < 42.000 residents in Ft Pierce.

His name is Sean Baldwin.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Good for them!

Where do I go to pick up my slightly used M2CG?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#50]
I was just in Ft. Pierce over the holidays visiting the GF's family, I could see that being put to use around there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top