Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2014 7:44:14 PM EDT
Why do mentally ill people have eyes that scream out "I'm crazier than an outhouse rat". What is it that makes their eyes so wide open? They don't look like  that before they go off the deep end.

Adam Lanza - Sandy Hook Shooter

James Holmes - Aurora Colorado Shooter

Jennifer Wilbanks - Run Away Bride

Charlie Manson

Jared Loughner

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Crazy
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crazy
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The evil trying to claw its way out through their face.
View Quote
Somehow, this explanation seems correct.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
daylight increases serotonin levels. Mentally ill individuals suffer from low serotonin levels among other deficiencies

the wide eyes are an involuntary effort to increase received light and thus increased serotonin.

That's my hypothesis

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]

awww man did you have to go and do that?   A grave injustice to all the previously pictured crazy people to lump them in with that bitch.

Sure they ruined some lives.  That bitch is trying to ruin future generations lives.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Where is the asshat pyro that just got nabbed in San Jose?

Looks like a fucked up Colin Hay from Men At Work.

No offense, Colin.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Liberalism.

EDIT: ...and estrogen.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
When I worked in TV news and was covering the Rev. Jim Bakker trial, one of his followers approached me to chat. He had that wide-eyed stare while he preached to me about Jesus. I got the impression he wasn't actually looking at me, but at a spot about 6-feet beyond me, like he could see through my head. Strangely disquieting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Evil, pure evil
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I worked in TV news and was covering the Rev. Jim Bakker trial, one of his followers approached me to chat. He had that wide-eyed stare while he preached to me about Jesus. I got the impression he wasn't actually looking at me, but at a spot about 6-feet beyond me, like he could see through my head. Strangely disquieting.
View Quote

It's not the thousand yard stare. Crazy eyes is something radically different.

Thousand yard stare has lights on inside. They're sane, but mentally exhausted.

Shit, even shell shocked individuals have obviously battshit crazy eyes, but not in the evil sense. . . .

Conclusion, it's the evil leaking from their souls. That's why the crazy evil eyes exist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
daylight increases serotonin levels. Mentally ill individuals suffer from low serotonin levels among other deficiencies

the wide eyes are an involuntary effort to increase received light and thus increased serotonin.

That's my hypothesis

View Quote

Low serotonin being connected with depression.  Were all the pictured individuals in this thread suffering from depression? Is low serotonin connected to other types of mental disorders? Anxiety? Paranoia? Schizophrenia?

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://francisanderson.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/1000_yard_stare_iraq.jpg
http:// http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/WW2_Marine_after_Eniwetok_assault.jpg/668px-WW2_Marine_after_Eniwetok_assault.jpg

Shit, even shell shocked individuals have obviously battshit crazy eyes, but not in the evil sense. . . .

Conclusion, it's the evil leaking from their souls. That's why the crazy evil eyes exist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http:// http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/WW2_Marine_after_Eniwetok_assault.jpg/668px-WW2_Marine_after_Eniwetok_assault.jpg

Completely different look.  

Thanks, guys.

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
From what I gather, the crazies are trying to look through you or look past you.
They cannot handle the experience of communicating with a rational person.
At this time in their conversation they are only trying to convince themselves that they are right.
I like to call it Liberalism!
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Crazy
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Google Sanpaku
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, no, it wasn't a thousand-yard stare, no at all like that pic. His eyes were bug-eyed wide, but it seemed like he was looking right through me, as if he was talking to someone right behind me. Like he couldn't quite connect to a fellow human. At the time, I thought, "he's bat-shit crazy."
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Crazy
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah, ok. Our crazy preacher guy on campus does the 1000 yard stare. My misinterpretation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
From a simple standpoint, crazy people open their eyes so wide that you can see white all around their irises.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are exactly right. That is an excellent way to describe the thousand yard stare. Now I worked with violent mentally disabled people for many many years and I have all of the physical scars to prove every second of it. I can spot a crazy with my eyes closed. They just have a certain look about them, and it is all in the eyes. It all starts with the eyes. You can tell when a crazy person is about to flip out and do something just by that "twinkle" in their eyes...

There is also a complete correlation between when a crazy goes off the deep end and reacts based on the full moon. There is very much truth to that. I have saw this first hand on countless occasions. It all has to do with how the increase of positive ions affect the person.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The evil trying to claw its way out through their face.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Google Sanpaku
View Quote

Hmmm...interesting.  I've never heard of that before.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Birth defects? They all have the same crazy eyes about to pop out of there skull.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Crazy
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#28]
as a police officer who has interviewed murderers, child rapist and every other sick crime you can imagine ive seen those eyes a lot.
I truly believe it is pure, primal evil from the devil himself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
From a simple standpoint, crazy people open their eyes so wide that you can see white all around their irises.
View Quote

That's what Michael Savage said.  He said back in his day if you could see the whites of someone's eyes above their irises that meant they would have the guys with the butterfly nets after them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#30]
you forgot someone..........
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
you forgot someone..........
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I have crazy eyes in my DL photo .
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Jfc that chick had crazy eyes like a mofo
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Everyone has them, think of it like flaring your nostrils, for some they just seem to stay on like a highbeam indiicator of sorts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#36]
The wife has me worried...  
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crazy

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#39]

<-------
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#40]
The crazy eyes, what causes them?

Getting excluded from company dinner invites???
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:04:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#43]
People tend to open their eyes more widely when they're excited or frightened.  Exophthalmous - visible scelera all around the iris - is also associated with certain medical conditions, Graves' Disease, for example.  These poor folks go through life looking perpetually panicked.

I think, in many cases, people attribute "crazy eyes" to people based on already known behavioral factors rather than any ocular abnormality or because they just want to say something negative about a person and can't think of anything else.  The only sociopath I've ever known personally had perfectly proportioned, beautiful blue eyes.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Lights are on but nobody is home.

Their world is a much darker place.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:22:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Surprise buttsex?

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#46]
It is funny... no one pays attention to me when I am serious... but when it is a big joke everyone payes attention...
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is funny... no one pays attention to me when I am serious... but when it is a big joke everyone payes attention...
View Quote

WUt?
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Eyes are the gateway to their crazy ass soul, ha
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

WUt?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WUt?

You say "WUt" now sir...
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Insanity showing its face.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top