Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/22/2014 10:14:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the same fucker from Generation Kill.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
damn
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
There are probably some former Recon guys profoundly happy right now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, they will see him as bringing dishonor to the Corps and their unit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are probably some former Recon guys profoundly happy right now.

No, they will see him as bringing dishonor to the Corps and their unit.

That, too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
At least he pooliced his moooostache so he didn't have a pedostache.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
What's that "former" nonsense? Once a marine always a marine is the mantra,right?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is the same fucker from Generation Kill.
View Quote

We know who read the article and who didn't.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Ya'lls looking like a bunch of damn Elvises

Marines aint getting no poosie!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#12]
If the allegations are true, fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What's that "former" nonsense? Once a marine always a marine is the mantra,right?
View Quote

No, not in this case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#15]
He was trying to police his moose stache?

Fuck him; he disgraced his rank and position as a former US Marine and he gets no sympathy from me or anyone else.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure we have at least one member here who served with him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
No, not in this case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, not in this case.

per the Commandant of the Marine Corps, you are wrong.

"A Marine is a Marine.  I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine.   You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life.  But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.  There's no such thing as a former Marine."

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

So this guy is just in a different uniform and a different phase of his life.

Still a Marine.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']"A Marine is a Marine.  I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine.   You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life.  But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico.  There's no such thing as a former Marine."
[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']
[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']So this guy is just in a different uniform and a different phase of his life.

[div style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.200000762939453px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);']Still a Marine.

View Quote

Would you kindly ask the Commandant to clarify on whether he considers convicted and incarcerated* child molesters to simply be at "another phase of their life"?

*Not asserting that this guy has already been convicted and incarcerated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Hope it's not true, not because I like the man, but because I hope a child wasn't hurt.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hope it's not true, not because I like the man, but because I hope a child wasn't hurt.
View Quote

this

shitbirds in all walks of life, but I hope this isn't true.

he was portrayed as overtly gung-ho, but it seemed like he believed his purpose was to focus his troops' ire and morale, and that he did a damn fine job of that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Is he going through a divorce?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is he going through a divorce?
View Quote

Sadly, that's all too plausible.

Still, there are a lot of problems with who we promote to senior NCO rank across all services, and how they're selected. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised at how this turns out, no matter how it goes. I've seen some seriously sociopathic bastards who managed to make E8 and E9, in the Army. Not all of them, by any means, but enough that I have to wonder what the hell a lot of the promotion boards are thinking of, when they release the lists. There are a couple I know personally that if you were to tell me tomorrow that they were serial killers or rapists, I'd just shake my head and not be a damn bit surprised.

The way this guy was portrayed in the book, I kinda suspect we're going to find out that a.) he did it, and b.) this isn't the first time, either. Something about the way he was described just resonates with "issues" of some kind, and not in a good way. A lot of the senior guys I worked around in the Army that behaved like that were all too likely to have huge skeletons in their closets that they'd managed to keep hidden for years--Things like real sexual harassment of female subordinates and a bunch of other crap I don't even like to remember. You don't find too many "benign martinets", in my experience. They're usually masking some other pathologic behavior problems with their antics, and the senior leaders are all too prone to mistaking that for "dedicated leadership". Which is how these jackasses wind up being promoted to Sergeant Majors in the first place--Poor leadership over them for most of their careers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not in this case.

I think it's safe to say Lee Harvey Oswald has been disowned.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm holding my pathos until after the trial, assuming he's found guilty. There are shitheads out there, and there are also falsely accused.

Yuma police said Sixta is accused of molesting a 12-year-old girl in
early January. The girl reported the incident to her mother, who called
the police.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, not in this case.

Dude was a damn good shot though, thank you Marine Corps!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a feeling in this case...

Yes, some of my friends in the Recon community are pretty upset about this.  

If it's true, fuck that guy.  If it's not...  it's going to be a bitch to clear his name after all this press.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#28]

"He also has another similar case pending against him in Riverside, Calif., which involves two children."

WTF man, what the absolute fuck.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Can you imagine if this guy goes to prison......seeing all of the inmates with their shirt-tails hanging out and their pants sagging is gonna give him a stroke!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not in this case.

Hey, Charles Whitman did a good job also.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If it's true, fuck that guy.  If it's not...  it's going to be a bitch to clear his name after all this press.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not even a Recon Marine, he just happened to be the SgtMaj assigned to the BN.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not in this case.

He missed twice at less than 100 yards, on a target that was barely moving at walking speed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He missed twice at less than 100 yards, on a target that was barely moving at walking speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Warren Commission concluded that three bullets had been fired at the Presidential limousine from the sixth floor, southeast corner window, of the Texas School Book Depository. Finding that the first pierced the President's neck, the Commission also indicated that "[although * * * not necessary to any essential findings * * *, there is very persuasive evidence from the experts to indicate that [this] * * * same bullet * * * also caused Governor Connally's.
A second bullet caused a massive and fatal wound to the President's head; (13) a third bullet was believed to have missed the car and its occupants. (14)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where do you think he learned it?  Not some nasty civilian class, but in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS OOOH RAH!!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#36]
That sumbitch.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you confused yourself. It is former marine, not ex marine. That's how all the marines that I know word it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where do you think he learned it?  Not some nasty civilian class, but in the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS OOOH RAH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IWK9sRYTs

View Quote

You're celebrating people being murdered with the skills they learned in the Marine Corps.  There's a reason why they have the lowest standards for admission.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You're celebrating people being murdered with the skills they learned in the Marine Corps.  There's a reason why they have the lowest standards for admission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#40]
He is presumed innocent.  Lets wait for the trial
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Warren Commission concluded that three bullets had been fired at the Presidential limousine from the sixth floor, southeast corner window, of the Texas School Book Depository. Finding that the first pierced the President's neck, the Commission also indicated that "[although * * * not necessary to any essential findings * * *, there is very persuasive evidence from the experts to indicate that [this] * * * same bullet * * * also caused Governor Connally's.
A second bullet caused a massive and fatal wound to the President's head; (13) a third bullet was believed to have missed the car and its occupants. (14)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he was aiming for the President's head then he missed 2 out of 3. That's what I meant.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He's not even a Recon Marine, he just happened to be the SgtMaj assigned to the BN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS, and thats part of the problem with the every Marine is a Rifleman BS
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That sumbitch.

http://i.imgur.com/tGkPM6g.gif

View Quote

LOL at the website.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/1m2Pu1U.gif

ETA: Found better gif then the Nick Cage one.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even .mil and can tell that you're talking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not in this case.

It was a chip shot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#49]
If proved guilty, he must be castrated and sent away until he rots.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
former is the correct nomenclature.  you do not call them ex-Marines unless a DD.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top