Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/20/2014 11:01:39 AM EDT
Skip to 19.00 in the video to see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEuBDX-taw

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Geez, I would at least use a string to pull the pin on explosive ordnance that is around 60 years old.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Just throwing one of those seems like a bad plan. Don't they become unstable with age?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
In this thread there will be idiots that think a grenade goes boom only because the pin was pulled.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Jack shit.  OP sucks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
le click bait postin'
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Soviet F-1.  Dangerous when new.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't know they had Glocks in WW2

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#10]
He found another one.

8:30 in for the ADD challenged.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Soviet F-1.  Dangerous when new.
View Quote

Yep looks like an F-1.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
"Bang, bang, bang, bang!"
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:22:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Jack shit.  OP sucks.
View Quote

Here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqLZDw7kdo

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
The locals cops ought to arrest this clown when they find out what the hell he did. Bad enough finding an old grenade, but playing toss and telling the cops....ehhh it is somewhere over there is a shitty move.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In this thread there will be idiots that think a grenade goes boom only because the pin was pulled.
View Quote

Hello, I'm an idiot.  How does a grenade work?  I thought it was pull pin, ignites fuse, grenade goes boom?  Or not, in this case.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Especially the way the videographer just pull then throws.  Did the latch (trigger) pop?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Weak.  I wasted time on this. Grenade does nothing at all. So don't waste your time on hits on the video.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jack shit.  OP sucks.

Here ya go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqLZDw7kdo

"Hold mah Vodka and watch this shit, Ivan!"
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Geez, I would at least use a string to pull the pin on explosive ordnance that is around 60 years old.
View Quote

Yeah cause pulling the pin make it go bang.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hello, I'm an idiot.  How does a grenade work?  I thought it was pull pin, ignites fuse, grenade goes boom?  Or not, in this case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The spoon has to pop too. Pulling the pin allows the spoon to pop off. If the spoon is stuck from rust or whatever, it wont pop off and there will be no boom.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#21]
, he is an idiot.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The spoon has to pop too. Pulling the pin allows the spoon to pop off. If the spoon is stuck from rust or whatever, it wont pop off and there will be no boom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey Mr. EOD guy, I threw a grenade over there in the woods with heavy cover and it didn't go off. I don't think the spoon popped up, but I guess it could happen at any time. Would you be a good chap and go over there and find it? Thx!"
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like John Lennon going metal detecting.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#26]
So, in the process he creates an even more dangerous situation by removing a safety device, and leaving the unexploded grenade in the woods

with the possibility of some hiker finding it, kicking it, etc.

I'm surprised he was able to pull the pin with all that rust.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russian grenades came in a case with fuses separate.  They did include some zero delay fuses for booby trap.  Makes for an interesting day when pulling the pin and throwing one of those... Goes bang as soon as the spoon comes off.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, not until the next guy with a metal detected accidentally hits it with a spade and manages to break the spoon free

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, in the process he creates an even more dangerous situation by removing a safety device, and leaving the unexploded grenade in the woods

with the possibility of some hiker finding it, kicking it, etc.

I'm surprised he was able to pull the pin with all that rust.

View Quote

I'm surprise the pin didn't rust off
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He found another one.

http://youtu.be/TgmMy8Hq8oI

View Quote

Gets really good at about 9:54
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Russian grenades came in a case with fuses separate.  They did include some zero delay fuses for booby trap.  Makes for an interesting day when pulling the pin and throwing one of those... Goes bang as soon as the spoon comes off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the spoon still has to be released.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A screw driver or pry bar would take care of that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Skip to 19 min to see what happens? OP sucks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I was hoping for more.............OP you disappoint
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#35]
What a dud.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#36]
His second video isnt too bad for finds.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds like John Lennon going metal detecting.
View Quote

He does sound like a scouser.  I'd guess he's from somewhere near Liverpool.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh, 3 out of 10.

I found the Cambodia mine disassembler guy more exciting.....For those of you interested, skip to roughly 21 minutes in, he throws it then.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He found another one.

View Quote

If I tried that, I fucking guarantee you, when I threw the damn thing, I'd bounce it off a tree and back into my lap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He found another one.

View Quote

DUDE the guy messes with a hortet nest and gets one ot the face at the end of that video that funny as hell.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought this was gonna be the 4chan one. lol that one was a GOOD one.

Quoted:
View Quote

#Yolo
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jack shit.  OP sucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

On a US grenade the pin is only a safety to keep the spoon in place. The spoon holds down a spring loaded striker (like a flapper). When the spoon is released, the striker flapper snaps over striking a primer which ignites a fuse (powder train).

The fuse is inside a brass cylinder with a hole in the bottom. When the fuse burns down to the bottom, it lights the igniter then the black powder charge is set off. Boom.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you never seen the trick of pulling the pin, putting the grenade inside a glass jar, just to old the spoon, and putting on top of a door ?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
On a US grenade the pin is only a safety to keep the spoon in place. The spoon holds down a spring loaded striker (like a flapper). When the spoon is released, the striker flapper snaps over striking a primer which ignites a fuse (powder train).

The fuse is inside a brass cylinder with a hole in the bottom. When the fuse burns down to the bottom, it lights the igniter then the black powder charge is set off. Boom.

http://grenadelauncher.com/US-hand-grenades.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://grenadelauncher.com/US-hand-grenades.jpg

I didn't know they were black powder powered
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Lame no explosion
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#48]
His second vid of another grenade goes off I guess or something seems to go bang.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post that. Also the F-1 and RDG-5 series could function with the pin still inserted. Note that the pin only holds the spoon on. The pin is not a positive block on the firing pin. If enough force is applied to the bottom of the spoon, the two "ears" on the top of the spoon will separate from the top of the firing pin and the grenade will function.

Digger Dan is a fucktard. Hopefully he doesn't get anyone else killed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
His second vid of another grenade goes off I guess or something seems to go bang.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top