Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

He dead?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#3]
i am not clicking that link, i am not clicking that link, i am not clicking that link...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I almost mast.... nah this thread don't have potential
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
NOPE
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NOPE
View Quote

ETA: I lied. It was .
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NOPE

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
God, I loathe insects...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Its very common on squirrels.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait, is that in America? I thought botflies were an African thing, or are they here now too?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#12]

I brought my .20 Sheridan to work at nite to kill mice and such, one just like that crawled out of a poor little mouse I capped.

I thought, You should thank me for ending your life painlessly!

Crawled out and then I capped it too.

Bastard worm.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait, is that in America? I thought botflies were an African thing, or are they here now too?
View Quote

People go on vacation and bring them back.

Ebola next?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah...

This.   Thought Bot fly crap was third world south american jungle crap.

I really dont want the knowledge that these things have migrated up here with a bunch of amnesty seeking future obama/democrat voters.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah...

I really dont want the knowledge that these things have migrated up here with a bunch of amnesty seeking future obama/democrat voters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...

What makes you guys think squirrels don't live in Africa? Or botflies in the US/Americas?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
My Dad said their horses used to get them all the time on their backs, in Southwest Luziana back in the 60's... he said they would take an empty Coke bottle, put the open mouth over the worm hole and then slap the shit out of it until the worm popped out... he said they would shoot right out like a pimple...

- Clint
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]
How to remove.  

http://youtu.be/dEWD-mZSuKk

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What makes you guys think squirrels don't live in Africa? Or botflies in the US/Americas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...

I know there are squirrels around the globe.   What I dont know is if those squirrels look remarkably similar to the disgusting vermin I am familiar with having plastered their guts across countless hillsides.

Ca ground squirrels are some of the most disgusting disease ridden pests I have ever seen.   It there is a bot fly type parasite I wouldnt be surprised if the Ca squirrel had them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Botflies are common in cattle here in the US too. A friend came home from a trip to Ghana and had one in his back, his doctor started to inject it with novicane and the little guy jumped out on the exam table! Doc said it was the first one in a human he'd seen, but that they were in cattle regularly, especially in the southeastern US.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#21]
That squirrel sure is a deep sleeper.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...

They're ignorant.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Monkey hosting a botfly party.

Somebody Embed If You Would.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I have wondered what that was - noticed it on a couple squirrels that raid my feeder.
I have only noticed it this summer - felt bad since I thought maybe they were cancerous tumors or infected hawk talon wounds.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just watched the whole thing. As someone who takes some sick pleasure out of blackhead popping videos, I wasn't sure what to make of the combination of relief and skin crawling...

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I tried pulling one out of a wild cat's jaw, but it broke and pulled back into the hole.  The cat's head swelled up for a few days, but it survived.

I've always heard them called "wolves" on squirrels.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#27]
I am not clicking on a single link or video in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that bad...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's not that bad...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not that bad...

It's not that good either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I tried pulling one out of a wild cat's jaw, but it broke and pulled back into the hole.  The cat's head swelled up for a few days, but it survived.

View Quote

Odd that you use that term.  My grandparents used to say that rabbits during the warm months would have "wolves".  I never knew what they meant and just assumed it was some type of worm,.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Odd that you use that term.  My grandparents used to say that rabbits during the warm months would have "wolves".  I never knew what they meant and just assumed it was some type of worm,.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I have always heard them called too. Growing up we never hunted squirrels until after the first frost so the wolves would be gone.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Gross dude.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I just watched the whole thing. As someone who takes some sick pleasure out of blackhead popping videos, I wasn't sure what to make of the combination of relief and skin crawling...

http://youtu.be/GCh3JdMMwY0
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/GCh3JdMMwY0

Great vid for those with trypophobia.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Also known as "warbles".
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I watched the squirrel video, then the one with the chic with the head hugger larva...... THEN I GOT TO THE CRATER BACKED MONKEY!

PHUUUUUUUUUUUQ THAAAAAAAT!

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Meh. Stick 'em in your coat pocket or game pouch.
The dead squirrel gets cold, the larvae comes out by itself.
Shake 'em outta your pocket at the end of the day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:52:49 AM EDT
[#37]

And people wonder how Ebola spreads (IE lack of gloves and probably washed hands sterilized instruments)
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#38]
I pulled one out of our daughter's rabbit after it was shot by some wannabe gangsters while her and her friend was playing with it. it was a miracle the girls were not shot. the bullet hit her goose in the head first, and deflected into the rabbit as the girls were playing with them. we thought the rabbit just got nicked but a few days later the tail of the bot fly was sticking out of the wound so I grabbed a needle nose pliers to pull it out and that is when I discovered bot flies

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, wolves. Never shoot rabbits or squirrels until after the first frost. That's what my pap always said.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I pulled one out of our daughter's rabbit after it was shot by some wannabe gangsters while her and her friend was playing with it. it was a miracle the girls were not shot. the bullet hit her goose in the head first, and deflected into the rabbit as the girls were playing with them. we thought the rabbit just got nicked but a few days later the tail of the bot fly was sticking out of the wound so I grabbed a needle nose pliers to pull it out and that is when I discovered bot flies

View Quote

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now why would you put them in your pocket.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where else would you put your squirrel or rabbit?

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#43]
I wish I could unsee this thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#44]
we refer to these as warbles here in the US, very common in summer months but by hunting season they have fallen out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Thats nasty
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I have only killed a few rabbits, but tons of squirrels.  Squirrels were taken before and after frost (SE Tx) and I have never seen a wolf, warble or botfly larvae.  I know my grandfather and uncle would dustthe cows to keep the flies off, but just assumed it was the regular flies.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wait, what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, what?

He lives near gangsters
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I have only killed a few rabbits, but tons of squirrels. Squirrels were taken before and after frost (SE Tx) and I have never seen a wolf, warble or botfly larvae. I know my grandfather and uncle would dustthe cows to keep the flies off, but just assumed it was the regular flies.

Wes
View Quote

Also from setx and have never seen one.  We have cattle too, we always sprayed or poured insecticide on cows to keep the flies off.  It's not the same fly as the bot fly, these are just the regular black biting flies that bother the animals down here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#49]
We run a yearly battle with botflys on our horses each fall.. They lay eggs that look like tiny yellow grains of rice on the inside of the horse's front legs and around their lips. We scrape them off with a sharp pocket knife or rough sandpaper, and de-worm with Ivermectin or other agents at least twice a year. They can really screw up a horse's digestive system if preventative measures are not taken.

Because they lay the eggs while flying, they're sometimes called "nit-shitters".
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Also known as "warbles".
View Quote

Yep, that's what we called em when I was raising cattle. Disgusting fucking things.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top