Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2015 9:19:00 PM EDT
Having a minor mouse war here.  For fun, I tried the newer Tom Cat pac-man style mousetraps vs. the old, Victor mousetraps of the days of yore.

Tom Cat has let both mouses escape.....  The Victor traps?  Instant mouse death!!!!

You guys got any good mousetrap suggestions or preferences?

What's the Glock and what's the 1911 of the Mousetrap World??????

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg 500
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanted to use my Diana 54 Air King SOOOOOO bad....but I just KNOW I'll blow out the glass in the sliding glass door...I just know it!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
SBE II

Choke: Full

All or nothing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They rarely escape these.  And they are very easy to set,  have a sensitive trigger, and can be reused many times on average.  Once in a while I get one that cracks after 3-4 uses, but most are good for more.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They rarely escape these.  And they are very easy to set,  have a sensitive trigger, and can be reused many times on average.  Once in a while I get one that cracks after 3-4 uses, but most are good for more.

http://www.icreatables.com/images/interior-home-imgs/mouse-trap/mouse-in-trap-ortho.jpg

View Quote

I love these traps old lady hates them, most times the mouse doesent die and flops around banging the trap against stuff. I laugh like hell my girl not so much LOL
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]

That's what I use. "The leap of faith"

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Kill it and grill it???
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]

That looks like a great idea. What are you using for liquid?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]

These for the win!  

J-
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I put out fatty foods and let the bastards die from health issues, cuz I am cold blooded like that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Water.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

These for the win!  

J-
View All Quotes
Quoted:

These for the win!  

J-

Yessir

Between a couple of these and my hairball barfer, the mousies are all gone.

However, now the cat is bored and takes it out on me...it's always something.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://www.icreatables.com/images/interior-home-imgs/mouse-trap/mouse-in-trap-ortho.jpg

View Quote

...well did it kill him? His eyes are still open.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
best ever

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
the old style wooden mouse traps work well with peanut butter, but in the winter so many mice come in from the forest I just got a couple of these:

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
These are the best I've found. Only complaint is that they're all plastic so if they trap but don't kill, the mouse can sometimes chew through the cross bar if it's there for a couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-z9oC7k-04

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#19]

... that's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:40:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#21]

I have no idea why I didn't think to do this.  

My girl use the tomcat ones and they suck. Shes used peanut butter, cheese, and dog food. She even super glued a piece of peanut butter covered dog food and the bastards still didn't get nailed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Tomcat glue traps worked best for me. I've tried everything.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I've had good luck with the Tomcat traps, however, that Ortho trap looks downright vicious.  I may have to pick up a few of those.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#24]

This
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the old style wooden mouse traps work well with peanut butter, but in the winter so many mice come in from the forest I just got a couple of these:

http://i.imgur.com/jP3ZMVW.jpg
View Quote

this as well, mine will even eat the occasional unlucky chipmunk that gets in
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I tried some new tomcat traps that are plastic and look like a deathly chip clip and.... The mouse would get the bait out everytime. After two times i threw them away and got the original old fashion $2 for 4 victor mouse traps and they got him the first time. Little bastard
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I tried some new tomcat traps that are plastic and look like a deathly chip clip and.... The mouse would get the bait out everytime. After two times i threw them away and got the original old fashion $2 for 4 victor mouse traps and they got him the first time. Little bastard
View Quote

Yup, I tossed my Tom Cats after feeding mistah circus moose TWICE last night.  Victor trap?  No such luck, oh you circus moose!!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#28]

LOVED THAT GAME!!!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Tried and true Victor. Simple. Effective.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Tried and true Victor. Simple. Effective.
View Quote
Far as I can tell, the 1911 of the Mouse Trap world....though bucket and can looks like the 16 inch Bronze Cannon of the Mouse Trap world.  I love it!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Mittens.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LOVED THAT GAME!!!!

View All Quotes

Yeah holy shit.  Forgot all about it until now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#33]
I use the Victor mouse traps. I bend the metal until the triggers are very sensitive. I bait them with peanut butter and wrap sewing thread around the bait. They gnaw on the threads, get their teeth tangled and SNAP! I've caught up to 50 a season.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:45:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Never had any issue with the Victor traps.  I always placed them against the wall and put a little peanut butter on them.  Worked every time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Having a minor mouse war here.  For fun, I tried the newer Tom Cat pac-man style mousetraps vs. the old, Victor mousetraps of the days of yore.

Tom Cat has let both mouses escape.....  The Victor traps?  Instant mouse death!!!!

You guys got any good mousetrap suggestions or preferences?

What's the Glock and what's the 1911 of the Mousetrap World??????  
View Quote

The brown dog in my avatar.  

ETA, I also use the tomcat traps in the basement.  They have worked pretty well for me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#36]

I do a modified version of this.

5 gallon bucket filled half way with water and then lay a bed of sun flower seeds on top. Wood ramp to make it easy for my little friends.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Score another win for a VICTOR!!!!  Yeah, Baby!!!

Sorry about the Mouse Potato pic, I just grabbed my Lil' Camera and didn't pay enough attention to focus.

Lil' sumbitch got almost the very last lick from the peanut butter flavored Tootsie Pop ( thanks a lot Mr. Owl ) before Ol' Reliable snapped his furry little neck!!!  Lil' Moose had actually thieved ALL of it from the trap last night, so this morning I made sure to get the loop nice and packed with yummy, peanute buttery goodness so's he'd stay in the trap longer!!!  It worked!!!

Now, this is a bit Glockish, but the trigger on this is realllllly smooth.....worked in some thick peanut butter from the upper neck of the jar.  REAL thick and sticky stuff!!!  

Tom Cat gets another chance with their STI type 1911 of MooseTraps.  We shall see.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#38]
RESTO MOD TOM CAT MAKES A KILL!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:00:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Dear Jesus!!!  It HANGS the little bastards!!!!
There's only one thing I like more than a'singin' and a'dancin'

an' that's

A'swingin' and a'kickin'!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I've had good luck with the electrocution chambers

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I've had good luck with the electrocution chambers

View Quote
I REALLY would love to make a Mouse ride the lightning....but darn it, Ol' Victor made another KILL!!!

']

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Ya know, those resto mod Tom Cats are only workin' at about 40 percent for me....the Old School Victor is right up around 90 percent.

On the Tom Cats, you have to preset the trip jusssssst right....not too heavy and not too light.

With the Victor you just have to make sure to fill the loop REALLLLY well.  Ol' Mr. Moose will NOT leave the trip until he has every last bit of peanut buttery goodness.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Victor traps with the yellow headset. My favorite bait is peanut butter, raw bacon wound on with a little thread or snickers chunks. But placement is the key, only after you find and seal the intrusion points.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:52:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Victor traps with the yellow headset. My favorite bait is peanut butter, raw bacon wound on with a little thread or snickers chuncks. But placement is the key, only after you find and seal the intrusion points.

View Quote

I have an old jar of Skippy ( creamy ) that has that really dry and gooey peanut butter up way the neck of the jar.....GOOD STUFF FOR DER MOOSEN!!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#46]
This:

I got these after I had the mouse take off with the newer jaw style. Mouse was in the trap and still alive a day later. Took off under the car in my garage.
This is the one he ran off with and it wasnt a big mouse.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have an old jar of Skippy ( creamy ) that has that really dry and gooey peanut butter up way the neck of the jar.....GOOD STUFF FOR DER MOOSEN!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Victor traps with the yellow headset. My favorite bait is peanut butter, raw bacon wound on with a little thread or snickers chuncks. But placement is the key, only after you find and seal the intrusion points.

I do this professionally. I'm a rat assassin.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love your job!!!!  Mine's cool...but a bit boring.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

This:

http://www.victorpest.com/resource/images/victorpest/Quick%20Kill%20Easy%20to%20Use_2.jpg

I got these after I had the mouse take off with the newer jaw style. Mouse was in the trap and still alive a day later. Took off under the car in my garage.

This is the one he ran off with and it wasnt a big mouse.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQplrqM5x9vqZ_Sw0hrKpz7Xs6rU3Dr_RLOmUjs88tv6FK9VGh
View Quote

Yeah, those clippy cloppy traps don't work fer shit.  At least not the Tom Cat ones.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#50]
The new Victor traps in my post above kick ass. They lift the door looking for peanut butter and that arm drops like a pole axe. Havent had one escape yet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top