Quoted:
Does no one else go to Academy at 8am?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you haven't seen .22lr since 2012 then you are failing hard.

Walmart / Academy.. although, our Academy stores have been sucking bad lately.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot about 500 rounds per year per,caliber of plinker and pistols and about 50 per year in hunting calibers. I'm good for a few years.

My strategy is to add 2 years worth each year. One to shoot and one for posterity.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I shoot about 500 rounds per year per,caliber of plinker and pistols and about 50 per year in hunting calibers. I'm good for a few years.

My strategy is to add 2 years worth each year. One to shoot and one for posterity.
View Quote

So you only get to shoot about once a year?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
If there is, I'm dumping my M92 for $1500 plus my surplus mags for $100 each and the crapcos for $50 easy $2000 there
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Mil-Spec Glock mags $125 ea!!

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still?  Jesus.

Ask them when they get shippments. Show up those mornings.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, Palmetto has 1,000 bulk pack of 62r 5.56 for $399.99 and free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Still?  Jesus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still?  Jesus.

Might want to camp out tonight.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reloads?

Didn't I tell you to shut yer yap?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Might want to camp out tonight.
View Quote

Yer yap.

Shut it.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:12:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I keed.  You're alright Jack.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Reloads?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reloads?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/428/category/4459/

BUY! BUY!  BUY!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Bring it.  This time around, I'm making neckbeards blush.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Whats causing the panic now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#16]
You fucking wish, OP.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why?  The likelihood of new federal gun control is close to zero.
View Quote

Yeah, I said that in 1985 just before they banned new machineguns.

Never again.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think a ban on Internet ammo sales is a big possibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The likelihood of executive orders or federal "rules" implementing new restrictions has gone up. They'll probably be flea bites comparatively, but Obama will do something.

Not without a repeal of FOPA and its heinous Hughes amendment.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes but that won't keep it from happening. We know that nothing really can happen but I also know that a panic will happen regardless so I'm buying 2 cases of ammo and a new gun. Glock 43, 19, I dunno yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Self induced panic. Only hurting ourselves...

Yes but that won't keep it from happening. We know that nothing really can happen but I also know that a panic will happen regardless so I'm buying 2 cases of ammo and a new gun. Glock 43, 19, I dunno yet.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Guess I had better pepper my angus for SAFE Act II.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hopefully most here are prepared and don't have to run out and grab every box they can find.

I can hear the idiots at the Wal Mart ammo counter saying "did you hear Obama wants to take our guns?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Self induced panic. Only hurting ourselves...

Hopefully most here are prepared and don't have to run out and grab every box they can find.

I can hear the idiots at the Wal Mart ammo counter saying "did you hear Obama wants to take our guns?"

I need t buy all the 45-70 brass I can find. Shit is damn near impossible to get right now. Might call starline tomorrow. Another panic shouldn't hurt me to bad as I'm getting into the black powder deal right now. I do need some 9mm Aug mags though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#22]
After completely avoiding this neck bearding bullshit for like 3 years now, (I have given away some 22lr to friends and family), tonight I bought a case of 5.56.  I still have reloading components but I'm just tired of this shit. Almost added a rifle kit but my redundancy is already redundant.

I have lots of 3 gun to shoot this summer.  An extra k of rifle ammo can't hurt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:36:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't count on an AWB push. But I would think he is going to push background checks for private sales and God forbid no longer being able to gift guns. Even though this was a straw purchase because this racist was a felon and his dad gave him a gun...
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Morons.....like, literal morons.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I've learned anything from years in gun circles it is that a lot of gun owners are just as irrational and emotional as the liberals who are trying to ban guns...and not to mention some are just slightly above functioning retard in IQ.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:39:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on an AWB push. But I would think he is going to push background checks for private sales and God forbid no longer being able to gift guns. Even though this was a straw purchase because this racist was a felon and his dad gave him a gun...
View Quote

Was he a felon? Looked mostly like misdemeanor type stuff to me. I could have missed something though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If I've learned anything from years in gun circles it is that a lot of gun owners are just as irrational and emotional as the liberals who are trying to ban guns...and not to mention some are just slightly above functioning retard in IQ.
View Quote

Perhaps...but there have been plenty of bans that stuck triggered by less than this. And republicans can be squirrelly, especially with media and perceived public pressure. McConnell and Boehner are about as traitorous as they come when it comes to protecting your constitutional rights, and SCOTUS is a lottery these days. I have lived through three major guns bans so far, 1986, 1989 and 1994, and only one of them ever went away, and the ones that stuck were signed by Republican presidents. So I never diss anyone for preparing for the worst.

Sometimes it really does happen, and you can never tell when it's a false alarm and when it is goes down for real until after it's over.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:05:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Perhaps...but there have been plenty of bans that stuck triggered by less than this. And republicans can be squirrelly, especially with media and perceived public pressure. McConnell and Boehner are about as traitorous as they come when it comes to protecting your constitutional rights, and SCOTUS is a lottery these days. I have lived through three major guns bans so far, 1986, 1989 and 1994, and only one of them ever went away, and the ones that stuck were signed by Republican presidents. So I never diss anyone for preparing for the worst.

Sometimes it really does happen, and you can never tell when it's a false alarm and when it is goes down for real until after it's over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but if dead kindergarteners didn't do it, this won't. They may try for low hanging fruit like background checks for lip service, but gun control is dead until 2016, IMO.

I bought a Gen 2 G21 for $300 and .22 for under $40 in an empty gun store today. There is no panic, hell, the news is already back to talking mostly about the heat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:08:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

True, but if dead kindergarteners didn't do it, this won't. They may try for low hanging fruit like background checks for lip service, but gun control is dead until 2016, IMO.

I bought a Gen 2 G21 for $300 and .22 for under $40 in an empty gun store today. There is no panic, hell, the news is already back to talking mostly about the heat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For you, perhaps.

Not all of us were so lucky.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:08:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Yeah, well you "well nothing's gonna happen but I just ordered 10,000 rounds because..." guys can have fun. I'll be sitting this retarded panic shit out.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The likelihood of executive orders or federal "rules" implementing new restrictions has gone up. They'll probably be flea bites comparatively, but Obama will do something.

I was hoping for a ban on Internet 13ers myself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

.45 ACP the new neckbeard round?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Never again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never again.

Totally different circumstances. The internet and mass communication has made it more difficult for politicians to pass unwanted laws without our knowledge
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hope so I have a bunch of stuff to sell.
View Quote

Thanks for putting my rights on the chopping block just so you make a few bucks. Click
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#34]
the next big panic will be late summer next year before the election
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm starting to see the opposite. Anytime before 18 months ago, this would have interrupted programming and would have been run into the ground by the media. They would have been interviewing doctors, lawyers, cops, psychiatrists, and preachers 24/7...

Now a shooting isn't nearly the media circus it use to be, Kinda like walking on the moon was in the 70's.
View Quote

Yes! Today is friday, tomorrow is saturday and sunday follows.

Monday, a start of a new week. Americans will have forgotten and moved on to the next latest and great outrage.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#36]
CNN has a Whitehouse spokesman on right now calling for more gun control.  Expect this to be the case all weekend.

CNN also reported that the shooter purchased the firearm himself and that current federal law "doesn't prohibit people under felony indictment to purchase guns" which is completely false.  It's a question on the 4473.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only the bans but the panic induced shortages- Remember the lead up to Y2k? How about 2008? or 2012? Nothing happened in any of those but there were real and lasting shortages of important shooting related "stuff"- guns, mags, ammo, reloading components etc....
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

CNN has a Whitehouse spokesman on right now calling for more gun control.  Expect this to be the case all weekend.

CNN also reported that the shooter purchased the firearm himself and that current federal law "doesn't prohibit people under felony indictment to purchase guns" which is completely false.  It's a question on the 4473, and the dealer isn't at fault if the buyer lies on the form.

Edit to add:  NC appears to require a pistol purchase permit, and the permit requires an instant NICS check.  NC also appears to require a pistol purchase permit even for transfers between family members, if the gun was a gift from dad.
View Quote
Yeah NC has the permit bs that dont really do shit and a lot of people ignore. But the shooter was in SC, not NC.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is fact?   I read this morning that the killer bought the gun with birthday money.

This may be similar to the reports that first said he shot people outside, then walked in and soon shot them, then stormed in and most recently was sitting in the group for an hour before shooting them after the bible study ended.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Totally different circumstances. The internet and mass communication has made it more difficult for politicians to pass unwanted laws without our knowledge
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never again.

this right here...... back in the day the atf could have banned xm855 and you would not know about it, until it vanished from your lgs.  today, its right on your facebook, on yahoo news, fox news, arfcom, and 1000 other places, 15 minutes after its mentioned in a atf meeting.  plus the internet makes it very easy to organize protests against things like that... vs the old days of passing out fliers... and hoping the nra or guns and ammo mag published something.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What about an Executive Order?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about an Executive Order?

Executive Orders do not create law for citizens.  They can ONLY direct an agency to do something that is already allowed under the current law.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

would require congress to pass a bill into law.  EO cannot make law.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You have no imagination. If UPS or Fed ex changed their shipping policy on ammo we would be fucked.
Were ammo sales on the Internet a thing back when the Hughes passed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no imagination. If UPS or Fed ex changed their shipping policy on ammo we would be fucked.
Were ammo sales on the Internet a thing back when the Hughes passed?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Executive Action, dude.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep DU plant
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#46]
GD's understanding of what a President can and can not do is embarrassing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Has Cheaper Than Dirt raised their prices yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's happening.

Has Cheaper Than Dirt raised their prices yet?

I heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, who heard from another friend, that they've retracted hundreds of outbound UPS deliveries due to a pricing glitch.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm more concerned with the pending race war, tell you the truth...
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I think their will be one as the gun and ammo companies will like the extra coin, but as pointed out, it is impossible for anything to happen through Congress, so it will be short lived.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I could care less.  I'll just sell off a bunch of stuff.
Page / 7
Top Top