Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:35:41 AM EDT
I've called them 3 times now.  Social Security Administration office still has not lowered their flag.  Says they have not been "properly notified" and wont lower their flag until they get an email, stating to do so.  The office Manager refused to go online, read the news, watch TV, etc to verify it on their own.  I asked her what the penalty for lowering it with out the notification, since she could easily verify it on her own.  Chain of command, blah, blah, blah was the answer...  People have no ability to think or make decisions on their own...

Going on 24 hrs since Obamalamadingdong caved in and ordered the US flag to be lowered at half staff and its still flying at full staff.....

EDITED-- Updated-- the local newspaper called to inquire abt it and the flag was lowered 10 mins later...  did the Manager get the official notification in the 10 mins between my call and the newspapers call, or did she do her job and make a Manager decision"?  Regardless, it's down...

Edited--  Just noticed the National Guard Armory's flag (.5 miles from the SSA), is still up..  Very disappointing...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
They know that there will be zero repercussions from ignoring the order.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
It was down at the Boise VA last night, but still up at the federal building which is next door.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess you forgot to inform her that #militarylivesmatter ?

I can't believe she hasn't noticed it plastered all over CNN and MSNBC.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Down at NAS Fort Worth.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#5]
They are still claiming they've not even been notified?  Isolated event?  Obamaladingdong publicly stated that he's authorized it.  Meanwhile, behind the scenes, his handlers, fail to start the official notification process or at the very least, take their time?  Or is this a regional thing that someone down the chain dropped the ball...  What's the Flag status in your areas?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

see original post.  even if she went online and verified it, she still wont lower it until she gets the proper notification...  Not willing to put up any personal risk.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Bureaucrat drones. They work for us, yeah, right !
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Just tell them that their communist hero Nelson Mandela from South Africa died, and they'll have that shit lowered before you hang up the phone.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Call the local news and ask them to investigate.   Beyond that, not sure what you could do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Call the local news and ask them to investigate.   Beyond that, not sure what you could do.
View Quote

You could burn the building down. But don't. Seriously, don't do that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Ask your governor to call...

similar problem with local school superintendent here (not the first time) "the administrator was on vacation."

I'm sure that's who would be lowering the flag...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
It's down at my office building here.

I think I get why Obama didn't lower it initially though. 5 military members were killed by a jihadi sack of shit while in the performance of their duties. How many soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen have been killed over the last 14 years by other jihadi sacks of shit while on the clock, and why wasn't the flag lowered for them? Did their deaths mean less? To me, it's the same reason Obama didn't call the families, and the same reason Bush never attended any funerals of the fallen. Neither wanted to make one death seem more important than another.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, Perkins is even flying half mast.  

That Office Manager needs to be standing in the unemployment line.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
it's been down at my job since the day after it happened
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
We received  an email yesterday afternoon authorized by Obummer and Gov. of Ill. Rock Island Arsenal. Flag has been at half mast since.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We received  an email yesterday afternoon authorized by Obummer and Gov. of Ill. Rock Island Arsenal. Flag has been at half mast since.
View Quote

So its a regional issue where someone semi local failed to send the email, affecting an unknown # of offices??
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

see original post.  even if she went online and verified it, she still wont lower it until she gets the proper notification...  Not willing to put up any personal risk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In certain work cultures, that can be the only logical thing to do. I wouldn't blame her, I would blame whoever set the tone for the place that makes legalistic ass covering the "right" thing to do.

She could be evil and lazy, it just seems more likely that she's scared.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So its a regional issue where someone semi local failed to send the email, affecting an unknown # of offices??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it hard to believe they have not received  any kind of official statement of authorization. But who knows. Go higher up the chain.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hell, Perkins is even flying half mast.  

That Office Manager needs to be standing in the unemployment line.
View Quote

LOL. That's cute that you actually think government employees would get fired.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It was down at the Boise VA last night, but still up at the federal building which is next door.
View Quote
The Boise Federal building should just raise the hammer and sickle and be done with it.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
It is very possible they have not received the message.
We have a US flag and a Texas flag outside my building and it was by mere accident that I read THIS MORNING that the duck in chief ordered it half mass in Federal and commercial buildings.
That fucking guy!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Go bring it down yourself. Then guard it.  You'll make the news for sure.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
The flag outside of my place of business (non-gov) is at half staff. FBHO
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#25]
But I bet if another gentle giant is shot while committing a crime, they all would be half staff before the body hit the ground, and you'd be arrested if you didn't.....

This country is well and truly fucked....
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've called them 3 times now.  Social Security Administration office still has not lowered their flag.  Says they have not been "properly notified" and wont lower their flag until they get an email, stating to do so.  The office Manager refused to go online, read the news, watch TV, etc to verify it on their own.  I asked her what the penalty for lowering it with out the notification, since she could easily verify it on her own.  Chain of command, blah, blah, blah was the answer...  People have no ability to think or make decisions on their own...

Going on 24 hrs since Obamalamadingdong caved in and ordered the US flag to be lowered at half staff and its still flying at full staff.....

View Quote

Why don't you go lower it yourself?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might as well.  Not much, if any risk to my mind.  Wonder if it's lit or raised and lowered every day?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#28]
What about calling your local congress person?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The janitor that raises/lowers the flag doesn't speak any English.  The memo was sent out in English.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#31]
When and where you have clusters of Progressive Liberals whom by their very idelogy are anti-American and anti-America you are going to have this kind of problem.

If and until this country wakes up and recognizes Progressive Liberals for what they are, the enemy from within, that about 20% of the population which is what they make up as I understand it has their boot on the neck of the other the 80%  it will never ever get better only worse as they are only getting bolder and more brazen, raising the bar every chance they get.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just call the local paper/News channel. Tell them the name of the woman that is refusing to lower the flag despite Obama issuing a public proclamation to federal buildings.

Nothing works better than singling out cretins for public ridicule.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Federal buildings lower their flag on orders from the president. In the event of active duty military deaths, if the state governor orders state buildings to lower flags the federal buildings in that state's jurisdiction needs to follow suit even without orders from the president.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just call the local paper/News channel. Tell them the name of the woman that is refusing to lower the flag despite Obama issuing a public proclamation to federal buildings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called the local newspaper and coincidentally, the flag was lowered in 10 minutes..  Did they get the email, or did a call from the local press fix this issue?

An for those asking abt lowering it, I asked the manager what if a citizen lowered the flag?  Would they raise it back up?  She said the flag rope is under lock and key...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
But another issue, is that the National Guard Armory, just down the street, is also at full staff....  

Also drove through town and 8 out of 13 flags in town were still at full staff (car lots, insurance companies, etc).  Hard to believe that people are that ignorant with all the social media or do they just not care?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That's bizarre
View Quote
No it isn't.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#38]
You can't possibly believe that the administration's public comments are their actual policies?

Sure, they can say the flags are being flown at half staff to the public.  That doesn't mean that they have any intention of any flag being lowered, does it?

They can say that the IRS didn't target conservative political groups.  That doesn't mean that the administration's actual policy was to target conservative political groups.

They can say that they support racial and gender equality.  Is there anyone actually stupid enough to believe those words?

They can say that healthcare is more available and more affordable.

They can say whatever they want.  Don't lose sight of the fact that the President of the Unites States of America will tell any fabrication that he thinks will further his agenda.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
But another issue, is that the National Guard Armory, just down the street, is also at full staff....  

Also drove through town and 8 out of 13 flags in town were still at full staff (car lots, insurance companies, etc).  Hard to believe that people are that ignorant with all the social media or do they just not care?
View Quote

So call the media back and have them run a story on the sorry state of flag discrimination... Some have to come down, some have to stay up... Why not "be reasonable" and have them all meet in the middle...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#40]
The order probably  was" do what you want, I don't give a fuck"
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#41]
I lowered ours.
I assumed the building management was doing something else so i just did my part to help out.

I will continue to do so as needed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Is it really that hard to believe that an email that is sent out through every agency nationwide could be lost and didn't make it down the chain far enough for her to get it? No way that's possible, must be a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Might as well.  Not much, if any risk to my mind.  Wonder if it's lit or raised and lowered every day?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Most modern flag poles need a special barrel key lock to get at the ropes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm just going to state the obvious here.  I F-ing hate your avatar.  Change that shit already!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm just going to state the obvious here.  I F-ing hate your avatar.  Change that shit already!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well now that we are talking about avatars I must admit yours is pretty undesirable as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#46]
The directive to half-staff the flags has not been issued yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The janitor that raises/lowers the flag doesn't speak any English.  The memo was sent out in English.
View Quote

How do you say "go lower the flag" in German?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#48]
The city in which I work is one of the FSA sanctuaries, we took it upon ourselves to lower our stations flag to half staff, at the beginning of our 24hr tour yesterday morning.

God bless those soldiers and God speed to those, who act out of respect and do what others simply wont.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:14:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The directive to half-staff the flags has not been issued yet.
View Quote

Where?  They were in DC yesterday.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They are still claiming they've not even been notified?  Isolated event?  Obamaladingdong publicly stated that he's authorized it.  Meanwhile, behind the scenes, his handlers, fail to start the official notification process or at the very least, take their time?  Or is this a regional thing that someone down the chain dropped the ball...  What's the Flag status in your areas?
View Quote

+1. This.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top