Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/10/2015 6:52:07 PM EDT
Army Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl broke his silence about leaving his base in Afghanistan to NPR’s popular “Serial” podcast. In it, he claims he deserted his unit “to highlight poor leadership” and rapidly realized he was “in over his head.”

“Doing what I did is me saying that I am like, I don’t know, Jason Bourne. I had this fantastic idea that I was going to prove to the world that I was the real thing,” he stated. “You know, that I could be what it is that all those guys out there that go to the movies and watch those movies, they all want to be that, but I wanted to prove that I was that.”

He claimed he fled his unit in order to “create a DUSTWUN – a radio signal that stands for ‘Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown’ – to highlight poor leadership within his unit.” Bergdahl knew his disappearance would cause a “hurricane of wrath” and a manhunt. He immediately realized he was “in over his head,” changed plans, and become Bourne-like by collecting “intelligence and look for the Taliban before turning himself in as a way of limiting the amount of trouble he faced.”

“And what I was seeing, from my first unit all the way up into Afghanistan, all I was seeing was, basically, leadership failure, to the point that the lives of the guys standing next to me were, literally, from what I could see, in danger of something seriously going wrong and somebody being killed,” he insisted.

Bergdahl said the Taliban captured him after he was lost. Between six and seven men with AK-47s approached him on motorcycles in the desert, taking him as a prisoner of war for five years.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/10/bergdahl-breaks-silence-left-unit-highlight-poor-leadership/
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
People died looking for that dirtbag.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
How heroic of him.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
And here I thought it was physically impossible to blow yourself.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
What a POS.

Hope he dies in prison.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I bullet is all he needs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why hasn't he been executed?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Thankfully we were able to exchange some terrorists for him!!!

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking this.

Txl
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
We have to execute the bowe to find out what's in the bowe.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol no. Just stuff him in a lifer cell and end it.

I'd say hang him but that won't happen in this era.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
that sounds like the shity excuse a shitty husband uses for cheating on his wife.. "I slept around on my wife to save my marriage."

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Traitor deserves to do the rope dance.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Why is he still wasting oxygen?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]
What a sack of shit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow.  That sounds like a load of crap.  Sounds like an excuse he thought sounds better than saying he sympathized with his Muslim enemies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have reservations about saying this...but it seems like if the Taliban executed this fuckwad...our current problem today would be solved.  

He will never face any punishment other than a minor slap on the hand due to him being a liberal with a muslim influenced family.....he has the get out of jail free card.

I do wonder what will happen to him years from now when his guard is down.....I do feel he may be "accident" prone in the years to come...not a threat...just making an observation.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Shut the fuck up, private.  You didn't know shit about your unit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty much everyone who knew him prior to this seemed to have thought he was one weird dude. After more then 5 years obviously he is going to have made up something to try to keep himself out of jail. I would have been surprised if he just came out and said he deserted.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was scared of his superiors and fellow soldiers

Poor guy
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn fine move of Obama, giving up Taliban leaders for this guy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#25]
So.......He was like a secret agent?!  Damn....what a brave guy.....and I was thinking he was a deserter.  I am glad he cleared that up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What a POS.

Hope he dies in prison.
View Quote

Haven't you heard? He's suffered enough. For those six guys dying going out looking for his deserting ass.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We have to execute the bowe to find out what's in the bowe.
View Quote

I'm guessing poop. Lots of poop.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pretty much everyone who knew him prior to this seemed to have thought he was one weird dude. After more then 5 years obviously he is going to have made up something to try to keep himself out of jail. I would have been surprised if he just came out and said he deserted.
View Quote

He wrote a goodbye letter saying pretty much that he was deserting didn't he? Packed up a lot of his belongings and sent them home before skipping out?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#29]

just sayin.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am wondering this as well. Shot him and be done with it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bullshit.
View Quote

FPNI !
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#33]
He's had years to come up with a good excuse, and that's the best he can do?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He's had years to come up with a good excuse, and that's the best he can do?
View Quote

We're a nation of feelz. He just has to tap into that. He'll probably end up being a Millenial hero.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#36]
The better part of Bowe Bergdahl ran down the crack of his mamma's ass and made a brown stain on the mattress.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Will not listen.  The only sound I want to hear from that traitorous fucktardss mouth is his last breath.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

In a sane world, he would have been.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He wrote a goodbye letter saying pretty much that he was deserting didn't he? Packed up a lot of his belongings and sent them home before skipping out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a goodbye letter, more or less a letter to his parents on how he thinks America is a horrible country.

“The future is too good to waste on lies,” Bergdahl wrote his parents. “And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647397/Revealed-Bowe-Bergdahl-left-note-comrades-telling-leaving-start-new-life-Army-general-says-faces-desertion-charges.html
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I would sell every worldly possession I own to have the honor of putting a bullet between his eyes
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#42]
That's some incoherent bs from him, but essentially the same.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Keep waiting on them to call for volunteers for the firing squad.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would be a bigger rush than a Black Friday sale of BOGO pussy from Sofia Vergara
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Shut the fuck up, private.  You didn't know shit about your unit.
View Quote

Yeah, fucking no time in the Army Bergdahl knew all about leadership and shit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Army Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl broke his silence about leaving his base in Afghanistan to NPR’s popular “Serial” podcast. In it, he claims he deserted his unit “to highlight poor leadership” and rapidly realized he was “in over his head.”

“Doing what I did is me saying that I am like, I don’t know, Jason Bourne. I had this fantastic idea that I was going to prove to the world that I was the real thing,” he stated. “You know, that I could be what it is that all those guys out there that go to the movies and watch those movies, they all want to be that, but I wanted to prove that I was that.”

He claimed he fled his unit in order to “create a DUSTWUN – a radio signal that stands for ‘Duty Status Whereabouts Unknown’ – to highlight poor leadership within his unit.” Bergdahl knew his disappearance would cause a “hurricane of wrath” and a manhunt. He immediately realized he was “in over his head,” changed plans, and become Bourne-like by collecting “intelligence and look for the Taliban before turning himself in as a way of limiting the amount of trouble he faced.”

“And what I was seeing, from my first unit all the way up into Afghanistan, all I was seeing was, basically, leadership failure, to the point that the lives of the guys standing next to me were, literally, from what I could see, in danger of something seriously going wrong and somebody being killed,” he insisted.

Bergdahl said the Taliban captured him after he was lost. Between six and seven men with AK-47s approached him on motorcycles in the desert, taking him as a prisoner of war for five years.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/12/10/bergdahl-breaks-silence-left-unit-highlight-poor-leadership/
View Quote

Tell that to the families of the guys who got killed looking for your dumb ass, traitor.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not a goodbye letter, more or less a letter to his parents on how he thinks America is a horrible country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2647397/Revealed-Bowe-Bergdahl-left-note-comrades-telling-leaving-start-new-life-Army-general-says-faces-desertion-charges.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“The future is too good to waste on lies,” Bergdahl wrote his parents. “And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.”

I thought he left something for the guys in his unit to let them know he skipped out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Because the BOE (Board of Enquiry) hasn't published its findings yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the BOE (Board of Enquiry) hasn't published its findings yet?

Article 32 hearing.  It's like a grand jury, with a senior officer hearing evidence (advised by the command judge advocate) and determining whether there is sufficient evidence to go forward on a court martial.

Normally, the Article 32  investigating officer recommends court martial, just in case he misses something.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll provide the rifles and the ammunition if I can give the order and administer the coup d' grace.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top