Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you are renting, contact the landlord.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Check with the Post Office OP.  The mail carrier might be able to tag his car with a notice.  

Call upon the Power of the Postal Clause!
View Quote
I do have a friend who runs one of the PO's here in town.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

or her house?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just set the car on fire.

or her house?

Get both
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Since you are renting, contact the landlord.
View Quote
Landlords are utterly useless. Broken garage door for months that hasn't been addressed and the fence is falling down as well. They had estimates done 8 months ago and it's only getting worse. This is even with the other neighbor offering to pay half. Since it borders them

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
move your mailbox
View Quote

That doesn't solve much as the kid would still be blocking the driveway. He's been warned, next is to notify the police and have it towed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
rub some bacon, or doe in estrus scent on the car. Better would be to find a female dog in heat.

mark the car.

find a payphone - I think they still exist, call in a drug tip on said vehicle.

the dog should show some interest.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Joe!

Line up 3 of these in front of each wheel tread when he parks in front of your mail box again.  They will stick to anything.  Won't cause any damage, but, the "clacking" sound it will make as he goes down the street will be amazing.  They will be a "bitch" to get off too!  They are large sticky rat traps.  You can find them at any hardware store

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Back into the kid's car.  Tell her it was at a funny angle.  Hit it three or four times and maybe they'll get the hint.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I may have moved a crackhead neighbors hooptie out of the way with a floor jack a few times.

Hey man, crackheads sleep late and I actually have to go to work.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I should mention, it's a cul de sac so room is at a premium. Second, I'm renting while I'm stationed out here. That means I can't move the mailbox.

Can you really have a vehicle towed that's on a public street? Isn't blocking mail box against the law?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

move your mailbox
I should mention, it's a cul de sac so room is at a premium. Second, I'm renting while I'm stationed out here. That means I can't move the mailbox.

Can you really have a vehicle towed that's on a public street? Isn't blocking mail box against the law?

Depends on the area. There was a big problem with this in our last neighboorhood. Ended up getting a law passed to not park with so many feet of mailboxes during the middle of the day.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the offending neighbor a renter too?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

move your mailbox

I don't know about blocking a mailbox but blocking you driveway is.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#13]
STL then heel smash
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is the offending neighbor a renter too?
View Quote
Negative. I'm the only renter

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The neighbors next to my mom are having their kitchen remodeled. The Contractor has a pickup with camper that he uses for trash. I put up some Christmas decorations and my niece was saying no one can see them because the truck blocks the view. Come to find out they parked it there and then just left it. I'm a contractor and rule number one is don't piss off the neighbors.

I went over and asked him to move it which he did and was very nice about it. Why would he think its OK to park in front of someones house for a week, I'll never know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OP, that is a crappy situation for sure.  I HATE rude people.  Karma is a B!
View Quote

One guess who also dislikes rude people...

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
After voicing and explaining the issue all future offenses would result in getting towed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

no and no
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no and no

My cousin lived in a trailer park when he first got married.  There were people over his house one night and one of the girls there had to park in front of the neighbors.  They had her car towed.  There was nothing she could do about it and she had to cover the cost.

Dude woke up people with all of the noise when he was loading it up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]
The mailman has flyers to put on windshields of cars blocking mailboxes. They have no legal authority but he won't deliver your mail either.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Take the stem cores out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Take the stem cores out.
View Quote

The problem with direct action of any kind is they really know who did it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#24]
A guy occasionally parked his car blocking my mechanics drive. He was a part time over the road trucker and had a big 1980's Kenworth conventional., he hooked the guys car up with chains and drug it down the block with it in park and the emergency brake on. Pure win!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]
6 warnings and two accounts locked - illegal acts.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top