Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me see if I've got the jest of what most here are proposing? "Let's wait for some jerkwater cops to get kitted up and come to the rescue cause they're the only ones "professional" enough to mount a counter attack against a evil, dedicated group of people who went to some considerable trouble to plan and execute a mass murder and don't give any fucks about dying for their cause and taking as many innocent people as they can with them before they go."  

If this is what yall are thinking we're so screwed it's not funny anymore and we will get what we deserve.

How bout.....1.  We kick these sons of bitches out of our country----Yesterday.  Round the motherfuckers up and deport them. Period. They and their "religion"  are not compatible with our way of life.
2. If and when some RIPers shows up in county it is made absolutely clear that they are not welcomed----this is the least hospitable place on the planet. You want fear.  Here it is.  All your stuff....it belongs to us. Here are your choices.  A rope or a leaky boat and two oars.  GTFO.
3.  No one from any of the countries that sponsor, promotes, or tolerates any form of this bullshit comes into our country for any reason what so fucking ever.
4. In the mean time.....Billy Bob and the boys (lots and lots of local folk) start taking  care of business before it comes knocking.  *****

*****These ideas, comments, and thoughts belong to BTccw and are not the Politically Correct, compassionate, loving, or caring thoughts of those who run ARfcom15, their sponsors, members, or supporters of the current administration. -----but should be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“It doesn’t get any better than live-fire training,” Maplesville police officer Josh Hammond said. “When you’re taking and returning fire, the battlefield can become very confusing.

I have a huge issue with a police officer thinking he's on a battlefield.  This is the mentality that rolls swat teams with MRAPs for a truancy violation or some shit.

Let's picture this:

Oh my God, Isis came to Jerkwood and took a bunch of kids hostage.  Should we wait for professionals?  Naw, fire up the MRAP and load the 249!  Remember!  Don't shoot the little children!  Yeeeehaw!

Terrorists conducting a mass shooting make it a battlefield.
You need to move past the verbiage being used and focus more on the reason why the training is necessary.
If you had kids in a school being attacked by terrorists would you want the local LE to wait for "the professionals"?
If so thats a piss poor plan.
Read about the theater in Paris. The people inside were texting and tweeting, begging the cops to storm the place.

Let me see if I've got the jest of what most here are proposing? "Let's wait for some jerkwater cops to get kitted up and come to the rescue cause they're the only ones "professional" enough to mount a counter attack against a evil, dedicated group of people who went to some considerable trouble to plan and execute a mass murder and don't give any fucks about dying for their cause and taking as many innocent people as they can with them before they go."  

If this is what yall are thinking we're so screwed it's not funny anymore and we will get what we deserve.

How bout.....1.  We kick these sons of bitches out of our country----Yesterday.  Round the motherfuckers up and deport them. Period. They and their "religion"  are not compatible with our way of life.
2. If and when some RIPers shows up in county it is made absolutely clear that they are not welcomed----this is the least hospitable place on the planet. You want fear.  Here it is.  All your stuff....it belongs to us. Here are your choices.  A rope or a leaky boat and two oars.  GTFO.
3.  No one from any of the countries that sponsor, promotes, or tolerates any form of this bullshit comes into our country for any reason what so fucking ever.
4. In the mean time.....Billy Bob and the boys (lots and lots of local folk) start taking  care of business before it comes knocking.  *****

*****These ideas, comments, and thoughts belong to BTccw and are not the Politically Correct, compassionate, loving, or caring thoughts of those who run ARfcom15, their sponsors, members, or supporters of the current administration. -----but should be.

Regarding the parts in red-- Did you think before you posted that?  Do you see any issues?
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Hell, we encourage it at my PD.  It is a common suggestion from the city council on down to us that you be armed in case of an emergency.    
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've read comments in this thread saying things like, "Why are they practicing in a school?" or, "Why does Jerkwater PD need to practice this kind of stuff for a picturesque Southern town?"

I live 318 miles north of Maplesville, AL, in another picturesque Southern town, with 100+ year old churches, homes, and other buildings, with a population of about 6,000. My town is very similar to Maplesville. It's also very similar to Littleton, CO and Newtown, CT, in that we've had a shooting in our local high school. Back in 1998, a high school senior, jealous because his ex was allegedly talking to another guy, brought a gun to school and killed his rival for her affection. My wife graduated from that high school and my daughters will, as well. It's easy to sit in front of your computer and think something like that will never happen where you live. But, I know it can. And, knowing that it happened here, I understand that it could happen anywhere. So, I don't begrudge any small town police department who wants its officers trained to be able to respond to such an event.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is the reason why I laugh at all the naysayers and complainers it can happen anywhere. It does not have to be ISIS.

These guys are being proactive, training and developing plans to safe guard their communities.

They are also putting in the press and not hiding it. Which is something I think more should do. I tried to get our brass to post pics of our training events and the things we do but they didn't want to scare the people. I think it has the opposite effect when someone googles the area and they see local cops training to fight them my personal belief is they will move to the next city to do their event.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is the reason why I laugh at all the naysayers and complainers it can happen anywhere. It does not have to be ISIS.

These guys are being proactive, training and developing plans to safe guard their communities.

They are also putting in the press and not hiding it. Which is something I think more should do. I tried to get our brass to post pics of our training events and the things we do but they didn't want to scare the people. I think it has the opposite effect when someone googles the area and they see local cops training to fight them my personal belief is they will move to the next city to do their event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've read comments in this thread saying things like, "Why are they practicing in a school?" or, "Why does Jerkwater PD need to practice this kind of stuff for a picturesque Southern town?"

I live 318 miles north of Maplesville, AL, in another picturesque Southern town, with 100+ year old churches, homes, and other buildings, with a population of about 6,000. My town is very similar to Maplesville. It's also very similar to Littleton, CO and Newtown, CT, in that we've had a shooting in our local high school. Back in 1998, a high school senior, jealous because his ex was allegedly talking to another guy, brought a gun to school and killed his rival for her affection. My wife graduated from that high school and my daughters will, as well. It's easy to sit in front of your computer and think something like that will never happen where you live. But, I know it can. And, knowing that it happened here, I understand that it could happen anywhere. So, I don't begrudge any small town police department who wants its officers trained to be able to respond to such an event.

Well, you've got some folks who will hate on it just because it's the police, and they hate everything the police do.

Then you got some folks that hate on it because they make fun of anyone who gets training. I don't know why, maybe makes them feel better about the fact that they aren't being proactive about training. I get the feeling lots of guys on this site have $1000's worth of gear, but don't know how to effectively use any of it. They'll drop $2500 on a rifle, but not $300 for a class and some ammo. They're self conscious about the fact they dont seek out training, so they poke fun at anyone who does.

"Why would someone who's not in the military want to practice small unit tactics? Just a bunch of wannabes!" Hell I've probably fallen victim to that mindset before. But, now I consider that any time behind a gun while receiving instruction from competent instructors is beneficial. Familiarization, confidence in one's skill set, increased accuracy through repetition and live fire. It's all stuff that can carry over to a (slightly) more likely scenario, such as a street robbery or a home invasion. Yeah, you may not get to use that center peel you were taught, but the comfort and confidence you develop from training is extremely beneficial.

Then you got some folks that just hate everything.

Whatever.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, you've got some folks who will hate on it just because it's the police, and they hate everything the police do.

Then you got some folks that hate on it because they make fun of anyone who gets training. I don't know why, maybe makes them feel better about the fact that they aren't being proactive about training. I get the feeling lots of guys on this site have $1000's worth of gear, but don't know how to effectively use any of it. They'll drop $2500 on a rifle, but not $300 for a class and some ammo. They're self conscious about the fact they dont seek out training, so they poke fun at anyone who does.

"Why would someone who's not in the military want to practice small unit tactics? Just a bunch of wannabes!" Hell I've probably fallen victim to that mindset before. But, now I consider that any time behind a gun while receiving instruction from competent instructors is beneficial. Familiarization, confidence in one's skill set, increased accuracy through repetition and live fire. It's all stuff that can carry over to a (slightly) more likely scenario, such as a street robbery or a home invasion. Yeah, you may not get to use that center peel you were taught, but the comfort and confidence you develop from training is extremely beneficial.

Whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever.

But it hurts Hugo's feelings. Isn't that enough for you cretins?

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:48:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I live in Maplesville. The cops here suck monkey balls. They pull over allot of people for miniscule stuff, tag light out ,etc. There was one that was caught drinking on the job and one just got fired for screwing a chick in the squad car while on duty at the rest area that is on U.S. 82. The whole bunch is dirty and can't be trusted. They have a bad reputation among the locals because they are a bunch of JBT's.

Screw them!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The "wait for somebody else" to show up mentality went away after columbine.

Waiting in the parking lot while the killers are inside executing folks is not a viable strategy.
View Quote

Not really. There are plenty of stories about cops waiting until more showed up because they were to scared to do their job.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I live in Maplesville. The cops here suck monkey balls. They pull over allot of people for miniscule stuff, tag light out ,etc. There was one that was caught drinking on the job and one just got fired for screwing a chick in the squad car while on duty at the rest area that is on U.S. 82. The whole bunch is dirty and can't be trusted. They have a bad reputation among the locals because they are a bunch of JBT's.

Screw them!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:39:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Looks like fun......
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#17]
The same people bitching about this type of training would be the first to point fingers if a Beslan or Columbine type situation did occur and the regular cops stood around and waited for SWAT to mobilize.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Screw them!
View Quote

This is turning into my kind of thread.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In before the Mraps roll on in to the thread.
View Quote

They're down for maintenance
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s835.photobucket.com/user/cavscouty/media/8E1CCA35-3511-4355-A86B-B15C5BD2C680_zpsu1uhhu8j.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/cavscouty/8E1CCA35-3511-4355-A86B-B15C5BD2C680_zpsu1uhhu8j.jpg</a>
View Quote

Needs someone screaming "get your distance assholes!!!"
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s835.photobucket.com/user/cavscouty/media/8E1CCA35-3511-4355-A86B-B15C5BD2C680_zpsu1uhhu8j.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz277/cavscouty/8E1CCA35-3511-4355-A86B-B15C5BD2C680_zpsu1uhhu8j.jpg</a>

Dispersion, they have obviously never heard of it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Good for them.   Any training is good training.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep. We pretty much assume it.

No big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for them.  Be prepared.

I do, however, hope they train to be prepared for armed citizens that may be defending themselves.  This will be very important if anything did break out.  Police need to get out of the mindset that everyone who has a gun is a target.

Small town LE is generally very used to its citizenry being armed.

Yep. We pretty much assume it.

No big deal.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The same people bitching about this type of training would be the first to point fingers if a Beslan or Columbine type situation did occur and the regular cops stood around and waited for SWAT to mobilize.
View Quote

Look at threads about NYPD incidents.
People here complain when cops have no training and then complain when they get training.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Of all the criticisms about police, bitching about training seems to be one of the most ignorant and specious.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hugo don't give a fuck about how they train.  If they think their one day of playtime makes them an effective infantry squad more power to them.  But they're wrong.  If they use the training to stop a mass killing awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just 100% my sentiments. Can't be put any better than that. The 'real' advantage of a lot of the training done is as the deterrent it brings to the game. The people who carry out these bizarre attacks want soft targets where they can do as much damage as possible in a short time. Harder targets & the possibility of an armed rapid response team end the illusion & fantasy before it even begins.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not really. There are plenty of stories about cops waiting until more showed up because they were to scared to do their job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "wait for somebody else" to show up mentality went away after columbine.

Waiting in the parking lot while the killers are inside executing folks is not a viable strategy.

Care to share any examples, or is this just another one of your pathetic troll-jobs?

Plenty of stories about cops running towards gunfire.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hugo don't give a fuck about how they train.  If they think their one day of playtime makes them an effective infantry squad more power to them.  But they're wrong.  If they use the training to stop a mass killing awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it when you speak in third person.

"HUGO HOLDS A GRUDGE... HUGO NEVER FORGETS!!!"
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

20 years ago stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

Within the last 8 months, and I neglected the story of one that tried to extort cash from a lady to keep from taking her to jail.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like it when you speak in third person.
"HUGO HOLDS A GRUDGE... HUGO NEVER FORGETS!!!"
View Quote

"George likes his chicken spicy !!!"
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Of all the criticisms about police, bitching about training seems to be one of the most ignorant and specious.
View Quote

GD "Cops can't shoot for shit. All the cops I know are horrible shots. I'm a better shot then 95% of the cops I know"

The cops go out and get real world shooting training...

GD "The cops are playing dress up.  The cops think they're Delta Force. Who's paying for all this ammo?"

As I've read here in these forums, "they could be handing out gold bars and GD would complain about how heavy they are."

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw them!

He had me at Monkey Balls.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw them!

Somebody called?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#36]
good for them
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Do trainings like this ever include some of the skilled and upstanding citizens?  If a terrorist attack came to my town, you gotta think gun shops and certain community members could become a valuable resource on the whim.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I'm going to need some names because at this point your claims doesn't match recent past history.

I will be more than happy to forward any information you might have to the Sheriff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

Within the last 8 months, and I neglected the story of one that tried to extort cash from a lady to keep from taking her to jail.

I'm going to need some names because at this point your claims doesn't match recent past history.

I will be more than happy to forward any information you might have to the Sheriff.

Mmm, that's gonna sting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Every single police agency in this country should be training its officers to this type of standard and providing them with the necessary equipment for dealing with such situations. Folks, we are sitting ducks! Everyone knows the next terrorist attack is around the corner. It isn't a matter of "if", only when, where and how often. Kudos to this small town police department for taking the initiative to be better prepared. They should be commended. The departments that are sticking their heads  in the sand and not doing squat to prepare for the inevitable are those that deserve the criticism.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Every single police agency in this country should be training its officers to this type of standard and providing them with the necessary equipment for dealing with such situations. Folks, we are sitting ducks! Everyone knows the next terrorist attack is around the corner. It isn't a matter of "if", only when, where and how often. Kudos to this small town police department for taking the initiative to be better prepared. They should be commended. The departments that are sticking their heads  in the sand and not doing squat to prepare for the inevitable are those that deserve the criticism.
View Quote

The people in this thread who are focused on the idea that "dirka durs won't attack podunk Alabama" have the same mentality as many police administrators. The focus isn't always on brown-skinned terrorists. In fact, that's probably the minority of active-shooter type events. Either way, it's head-in-the-sand mentality at it's best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

If you have evidence or first hand knowledge take it to the AG.  Otherwise alleging wrongdoing makes you look like a .
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

Forgive me if I seem less than enthusiastic about helping in the whole situation. Former sheriff Davis is the one who got allot of hardware ( 2 helicopters,1 airplane, I think it was 54 machine guns [m4] and I think 2 belt fed rifles, not to mention the armored vehicles) that the county cops have. Not to mention what the Clanton  and Maplesville cops have received from the Fed's.

I don't know much about the new sheriff admittedly nor how he would handle things. I am sceptical that the thin blue line wouldn't hold fast. My reason is this , there was a former Maplesville cops telling about the guy drinking on the job, he said that there was nothing he could do to stop the guy. If that's the case then the chief is just as dirty and the corruption goes to the top . The guy that was nailing the chick in the car from what I have heard now is a county cop.

I understand the whole brotherhood feeling that cops have, but there are plenty of examples of the whole we investigate ourselves and find no wrongdoing examples that I have very little faith anything would change.

I have several buddies that are cops,  they are good guys. I disagree with allot of what they do on the job  because I find it to be immoral ,but they have to live with that not me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Forgive me if I seem less than enthusiastic about helping in the whole situation. Former sheriff Davis is the one who got allot of hardware ( 2 helicopters,1 airplane, I think it was 54 machine guns [m4] and I think 2 belt fed rifles, not to mention the armored vehicles) that the county cops have. Not to mention what the Clanton  and Maplesville cops have received from the Fed's.

I don't know much about the new sheriff admittedly nor how he would handle things. I am sceptical that the thin blue line wouldn't hold fast. My reason is this , there was a former Maplesville cops telling about the guy drinking on the job, he said that there was nothing he could do to stop the guy. If that's the case then the chief is just as dirty and the corruption goes to the top . The guy that was nailing the chick in the car from what I have heard now is a county cop.

I understand the whole brotherhood feeling that cops have, but there are plenty of examples of the whole we investigate ourselves and find no wrongdoing examples that I have very little faith anything would change.

I have several buddies that are cops,  they are good guys. I disagree with allot of what they do on the job  because I find it to be immoral ,but they have to live with that not me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

craw·fish

'krô?fiSH

noun

1. 1.

NORTH AMERICAN

a freshwater crayfish.

verb

USinformal

1. 1.

retreat from a position.

"the three networks, intimidated by the public outcry, had begun to crawfish"

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No.

I knew you couldn't provide names.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgive me .....(snip a lot of bullshit)...

No.

Of course not.  Never mind about how M4s have never been available from the Feds, and "belt fed rifles".  WTF?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them!

20 years ago stuff.

LOL. you are so full of shit.
hunter-"all those cops are dirty! someone should do something!"
cops-"tell us which cops are dirty, we will do something"
hunter-"I dont feel like it....."
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Of course not.  Never mind about how M4s have never been available from the Feds, and "belt fed rifles".  WTF?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I assumed it was the m4 but looking around it is probably the m 16 I was also off on the number. Here is a not up to date list.

In Chilton County Alabama (population 43,951), the map lists 52 pistols, 38 assault rifles, 22 night vision goggles, two mine resistant vehicles, one helicopter and one plane.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I assumed it was the m4 but looking around it is probably the m 16 I was also off on the number. Here is a not up to date list.

In Chilton County Alabama (population 43,951), the map lists 52 pistols, 38 assault rifles, 22 night vision goggles, two mine resistant vehicles, one helicopter and one plane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Am I supposed to be offended?

I have armored vehicles, suppressed rifles, and plate carriers too.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Bama check your pm
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top