Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2016 6:15:01 PM EDT
I am just a lowly electrician and I keep buying Milwaukee tools. Do I have enough or a problem? What else should I look into?
Plus they have the best customer service out there.

</a>Untitled by 1911xmd, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All that and you don't have a Sawzall?  WTF.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Electric Ratchet for sure. 100% the best tool I've ever purchased.

Electric Sawzall/Hacksaw.

ETA: Why do you have so many of the same drills/impacts that serve the same purpose?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You should head over here to kill the rest of 2016 and your wallet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hackzall better then sawzall
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been thinking about the electric ratchet.  Is it unwieldy?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No m18 fuel hole hawg? They rock, so i am disappointed  you donr have one. The 18v sawzall (not hackzall) is pretty baller too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Their m12 sds+ hammer drill is my most used tool after the band saw and impact
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Electric Sawzall/Hacksaw.

ETA: Why do you have so many of the same drills/impacts that serve the same purpose?
View Quote

I have had the old impact and hammer drill for three years. I just got the new fuel 2.0 set two weeks ago. They just released in December so I thought I would try out the new brushless motors.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is a little big yes. I use it daily for several hours and have done so for months.

It is 100% the best tool I have ever purchased. When this breaks I will buy the exact one from Milwaukee.

I hate air tools BTW.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Me too. I just picked up the 1/2" fuel impact. Going to get the 3/8" next. The full size cordless circ is awesome and the larger portaband. I cant go two weeks without picking something new up. So addicted. Worse than brd

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#11]
what's your favorite for a sheetrock-screw type screwdriver?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP must be resi
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is a little big yes. I use it daily for several hours and have done so for months.

It is 100% the best tool I have ever purchased. When this breaks I will buy the exact one from Milwaukee.

I hate air tools BTW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.

They have a 5 year warranty. Amazing customer service. I had sent out my old impact 3 times and hammer still twice. Great turn around and customer service.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
At least its not a Hilti addiction.. Those get expensive quick
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what's your favorite for a sheetrock-screw type screwdriver?
View Quote

Any of these three impacts work amazing for Sheetrock screws
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

OP must be resi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP must be resi

50% residential and 50% commercial. Bandsaw for all my emt and rigged conduit. Hammer drill for  masonry
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.

I have a nice compressor and good selection of air tools including a nice ratchet.  But my garage is attached to the house, and I'm less than popular with my family when I use them.  I've been thinking about the electric ratchet - mainly the Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Need  hole punch tool
& bulb/ballast tester
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Whats that weird lookin tool on the left?

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am just a lowly electrician and I keep buying Milwaukee tools. Do I have enough or a problem? What else should I look into?
View Quote

I'm guessing you're a commercial/industrial electrician - as a residential EC, I certainly couldn't live without my M18 Hole Hawg, at this point. I have the M18 Super Hawg now too, thanks to a review opportunity, but it's big and bulky, and way overkill for my everyday use. I also use my M18 Sawzall a good bit more than either of the Hackzalls.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Drooling.

I want battery powered everything. Tired of the cables.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Whats that weird lookin tool on the left?

View Quote

The hackzall?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://<a href=https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1537/23983529050_07361f454c_b.jpg</a>Untitled by 1911xmd, on Flickr" />
View Quote

No Cordless rotor hammer drill, No 18v LED quad light, Need bigger band saw(real electrician cuts bigger than 3/4" Rigid or EMT 2">), need the makita chuck adapter to go with that brushless impact(eliminates your need to carry the drill)..... Just to start
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm guessing you're a commercial/industrial electrician - as a residential EC, I certainly couldn't live without my M18 Hole Hawg, at this point. I have the M18 Super Hawg now too, thanks to a review opportunity, but it's big and bulky, and way overkill for my everyday use. I also use my M18 Sawzall a good bit more than either of the Hackzalls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have some corded holehawg's that stay on the work trucks, but everything else we have to buy on our own
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

M12 or M18 version?

M12: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2457-20
M18: https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2668-22

I just bought into the Red system (had 2 DeWalt drill/drivers).  Current list of tools is:
2x 2604-20 M18 Fuel 1/2" Hammerdrills
2x 2653-20 M18 Fuel 1/4" Impact Driver
1x 2621-20 M18 Sawzall
1x 2780-20 M18 Fuel 5" Grinder
1x 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7 1/4" Circ saw
1x 2363-20 M18 LED Lantern
5x XC 4.0 battery packs

So yeah, seems to be a disease!  

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I've gone full fucking retard over the M12's.  . The LED lights are the shit too!

1/4 hex impact
1/2 hammer drill
Oscillating tool
Blue tooth speaker
Circular saw
LED work light
Hackzall
Heated jacket for the wife
Others I'm sure I forgot, but I'll update later.

Non M12:  infared thermometer

Wants:
3/8 drive Fuel impact
3/8 ratchet
Spot light
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They have a 5 year warranty. Amazing customer service. I had sent out my old impact 3 times and hammer still twice. Great turn around and customer service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.

Good to know. My drill chuck is almost stripped from me being ignorant. I was prepared to buy another one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have a nice compressor and good selection of air tools including a nice ratchet.  But my garage is attached to the house, and I'm less than popular with my family when I use them.  I've been thinking about the electric ratchet - mainly the Milwaukee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.

I will not use any other electric tool than a Milwaukee. If another company comes up with a "truly" Made in America line then I will highly consider jumping ship.However, that has nothing to do with tool performance of these Milwaukee.  All mine are M12 because that is what my ratchet is and i like the ability to share batteries. You could take every other tool I have, but please leave my M12 ratchet, drill and impact. I'll manage with those.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
How about an impact wrench?

I love my Dewalt.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Never had one, will have to try.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good to know. My drill chuck is almost stripped from me being ignorant. I was prepared to buy another one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate air tools BTW.

They will just replace the chuck. 100% free. They even give a shipping label for 2 day air for free each way
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
What a cute collection the OP has.
<--- I build homes.

I have almost all their tools.

Can't wait for the new batch:
They are releasing a SDS MAX rotary hammer. Yes.. SDS MAX with their new 9.0 battery not a typo, 9.0

They have confirmed a line of cordless nailers.

Can't wait for the cordless miter saw. (they have it in europe)
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What a cute collection the OP has.
<--- I build homes.

I have almost all their tools.

Can't wait for the new batch:
They are releasing a SDS MAX rotary hammer. Yes.. SDS MAX with their new 9.0 battery not a typo, 9.0

They have confirmed a line of cordless nailers.

Can't wait for the cordless miter saw. (they have it in europe)
View Quote

I have heard  rumors about the 9.0 batteries. But they seem far off because the 5.0 ones released like 4-6 months ago. And I have 6  of the 5.0 batteries in that pic
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#35]

I saw my coworker drop his dewalt Impact off a 20 foot  scissor lift.  Shattered in about four pieces. A few grabber screws and duck tape and it still worked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have heard  rumors about the 9.0 batteries. But they seem far off because the 5.0 ones released like 4-6 months ago.
View Quote

I believe I read a while back that the 9.0's were scheduled to be released sometime this month, as was the SDS-Max rotary, though I haven't heard anything about that as of late. I'm hopeful that both may be available as review items when I get to chose my items for the month next week.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I believe I read a while back that the 9.0's were scheduled to be released sometime this month, as was the SDS-Max rotary, though I haven;t heard anything about them as of late. I'm hopeful that both may be available as review items when I get to chose my items for the month next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have heard  rumors about the 9.0 batteries. But they seem far off because the 5.0 ones released like 4-6 months ago.

I believe I read a while back that the 9.0's were scheduled to be released sometime this month, as was the SDS-Max rotary, though I haven;t heard anything about them as of late. I'm hopeful that both may be available as review items when I get to chose my items for the month next week.

Well I have also heard they will be even bigger and longer then normal batteries.
Any links to info on them?
I would love one on a cordless holehawg
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well I have also heard they will be even bigger and longer then normal batteries.
I would love one on a cordless holehawg
View Quote

They'd certainly be of benefit with the SDS-Max, and also the slide miter that is coming eventually. The vac and flood light, too. I get plenty enough run-time with the 5.0's on the Hole Hawg, and even the 4.0's before them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got a mishmash of tools, all corded.  A Rockwell multi tool, dewalt and a black n decker sander, skill circular saw, skip drill, etc.

I've been looking for cordless tools with common battery and the Milwaukee brand appears to have a great selection.

My brother is a Bosch fan.  Great tools and I really like their 3/8" 12v drill around the house.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#40]

The struggle is real.

Not shown, about 8 M12 batteries and my corded stuff (super sawzall, hole hog, right angle drill)

3 most used tools, M12 driver, LED light and vacuum.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's some good comparison shots of them here - http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-6ah-9ah-batteries/
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There's some good comparison shots of them here - http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-6ah-9ah-batteries/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty cool. I always imagined they would be like a double stack tall 5.0
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Any recommendations on one of these tools as a gift for a new electrician apprentice?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any recommendations on one of these tools as a gift for a new electrician apprentice?
View Quote

Get an impact and hammer drill combo. It's 90% of what I use.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Their m12 sds+ hammer drill is my most used tool after the band saw and impact
View Quote

This is excellent advice.

I am a residential electrical contractor and love the M12 line.  My most used M12 tools are the Fuel impact and the Sticklight.  The sticklight is absolutely awesome, I can do an entire panel change in a pitch=-black basement with only that light.  It fits into my back pocket so I can crawl thru an attic with it easily.

The M12 SDS-plus rotary hammer is excellent, you would never believe a 12 volt tool would be so powerful, it's all I use anymore, I haven't touched the Hilti SDS-plus in years.

The M12 bandsaw is great as well, but I don't use it that often since I do mostly residential.  But its awesome to have around and works MUCH better than a saw-zall.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/ec4a6227d8b9157e39ab9811e2bef1cb/tumblr_nic79bdYJz1r1ko6mo1_1280.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/ec4a6227d8b9157e39ab9811e2bef1cb/tumblr_nic79bdYJz1r1ko6mo1_1280.jpg

Dude, go with the M12 for both of those.  

The M12 impact has 1,200inlb's of torque, that's enough for just about anything an electrician needs.

I only break out the 18V tools every once in a while.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:44:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

For professional use, go Fuel. It's not hype - the benefits of brushless, both in power and in run-time, are substantial.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The M12 impact has 1,200inlb's of torque, that's enough for just about anything an electrician needs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true. That one 12v impact in my op post is a beast. Probably my favorite of the three
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:This is true. That one 12v impact in my op post is a beast. Probably my favorite of the three
View Quote

I use my M12 Fuel impact over my M18 Fuel one probably 95% of the time, but the opposite is true when it comes to my M12 and M18 hammer drills.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top