BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Check Lowes or Home Depot.com.  One site lists decibel ratings.  75 decibels may be the worst piece of junk dishwasher available

I just scanned through Lowes.com and the highest I saw was 62 decibels.  The average was roughly 50 decibels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just not possible. 75 decibels is a dishwasher.

A .22LR bolt with subsonics can't achieve 78 decibels.

Check Lowes or Home Depot.com.  One site lists decibel ratings.  75 decibels may be the worst piece of junk dishwasher available

I just scanned through Lowes.com and the highest I saw was 62 decibels.  The average was roughly 50 decibels.

yeah newer dishwashers are considerably quieter
when I was a kid the dishwasher could drown out the sound of a tv
no way you let it run at night while you tried sleeping

the one in our kitchen now you have to have your hand on it to even know its running
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

LOL are you serious? that is awesome
I kinda wondered because his instagram photos skip from hot metal under a power hammer to gorgeous Damascus frames and slides being hand fitted

I have seen people working with Damascus and the process involved, I should have known better
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
absurd suppressor claims aside
I really like his Damascus 1911 frames and slide work
JUST the frames and slides though lol
you know he dont make those either right?  

I kinda wondered because his instagram photos skip from hot metal under a power hammer to gorgeous Damascus frames and slides being hand fitted

I have seen people working with Damascus and the process involved, I should have known better

He buys the frames and slides, just like at least a half dozen other custom smiths.  Caspian sells them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Lol, are you going to attack me for not listing my state of residence (again)?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Since when is calling a liar a liar a CoC violation?  You stated yourself that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain."
Don't change the subject 13er, you guys earned every bit of it   There are some really good guys who happened to join in 13, not many , more like yourself I'm afraid.

Oh I see, you're talking about some old shit you got your little feelings hurt over?

I don't remember you or the comment, evidently it must have traumatized you ?

But why is it some of you "guys" (you are a guy right?) feel the need to hide your State?

You think someone is watching you or some silly shit?

Get a life , no one is thinking about you past the enter key on a post and then gone from thought  

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So let me ask this as a suppressor noob.

If the gas block gets essentially "turned off" and there is no cycle of the bolt to cause a rise above 78db how can JJ claim that he gets 78db when his rifle is cycling?
View Quote

I think you are confusing two different people's claims, and occurances.,
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
His suppressor is like an Elcan......heavy, expensive as shit and nobody uses it but cloned up posers.
View Quote

Calling DK...

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My live in maid talks in loud booming spurts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She screams a hell of a lot louder, too!

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh I see, you're talking about some old shit you got your little feelings hurt over?   I don't remember you or the comment, evidently it must have traumatized you ?

But why is it some of you "guys" (you are a guy right?) feel the need to hide your State?

Get a life , no one is thinking about you past the enter key on a post and then gone from thought  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when is calling a liar a liar a CoC violation?  You stated yourself that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain."
Don't change the subject 13er, you guys earned every bit of it   There are some really good guys who happened to join in 13, not many , more like yourself I'm afraid.

Oh I see, you're talking about some old shit you got your little feelings hurt over?   I don't remember you or the comment, evidently it must have traumatized you ?

You're wrong on just about every account. Now it's ad hominem.  

Address the issue of admit you were wrong. You know, like a grown up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish that you didn't say what state you are in.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your lame attacks are very memorable and pretty typical for you.  You post something either a) factually wrong or b) something so stupid Simple Jack would mock you.  You then think your join date preserves you from ridicule, when you are just proof that join date means nothing in regards to knowledge on a subject.

You, by stating that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain," are calling Ex Mr. Sandra Bullock a liar and are doing the exact same thing you are stating is a CoC violation.  

I don't expect removed...krp to see the paradox in your actions and statement, regardless of your join date or listing what state's residents unfortunately have to live or work near you.

ETA- Lol, my point exactly.  
Quoted:I wish that you didn't say what state you are in.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you two lovebirds take a break?  Arguing makes JJ cry.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cry louder than Sandra Bullock?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well played sir.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't expect a lot or want my every need tended to but I have a few infatuations.  Sandra Bullock.  Jennifer Aniston.  

I like puppies too which is good since those are the only ones of what I listed that I will ever meet.

I wonder if I could do that bird chirping internet thing and get one of those ladies to visit.  Both are involved so no romance is expected but it would be neat to meet them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Md rubbed off on you, why do you care what he did to SB?  

I really can't think of a good reason.  

I will give you my opinion.   Sandra Bullock is lovely.    I side with Sandra Bullock.

Lol....she's sweet because her "people" take care of her problems for her.

I don't expect a lot or want my every need tended to but I have a few infatuations.  Sandra Bullock.  Jennifer Aniston.  

I like puppies too which is good since those are the only ones of what I listed that I will ever meet.

I wonder if I could do that bird chirping internet thing and get one of those ladies to visit.  Both are involved so no romance is expected but it would be neat to meet them.

Oh don't get me wrong, she's cute as hell, especially in person but she can be all sweetness and light because she's got some break-it-off-in-your-ass types that do the dirty work.

I don't get the JJ hate though...he seems alright to me. For a guy who pretty much brought back the art of hand rolling fenders and tanks and a guy who started putting out firearms just a few years after first becoming aquainted with them...I'd say not bad. Not really my style or taste but not bad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awe you 13ers are cute when you're angry  

Nice CoC Violation.  Reported.
Oh really?  

Oh I see you edited to add the reported

Since when is calling a 13er a 13er a COC ?

Jizy what's wrong with 13ers
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read loud booming squirts the first time I saw it
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's a member here.  He doesn't know what he is talking about for one.  Secondly, he makes crazy claims about his guns and suppressors, that aren't actually true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why are we supposed to hate this guy again?

I missed the memo.

He's a member here.  He doesn't know what he is talking about for one.  Secondly, he makes crazy claims about his guns and suppressors, that aren't actually true.

They sure look cool though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He buys the frames and slides, just like at least a half dozen other custom smiths.  Caspian sells them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
absurd suppressor claims aside
I really like his Damascus 1911 frames and slide work
JUST the frames and slides though lol
you know he dont make those either right?  

So he's not forging them like he does in the video? I don't care for the guy but he is skilled...
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So he's not forging them like he does in the video? I don't care for the guy but he is skilled...
View Quote

he is forging something...
but his process is... ohh look some steel bars taped together, ohh look red hot slab of metal, ohh look bent slab of metal POOF! gorgeous Damascus 1911

I have my doubts.  when he is working on a bike he dang near posts a step by step
but with these 1911's he is skipping  ohhh about a 1000 steps
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Your lame attacks are very memorable and pretty typical for you.  You post something either a) factually wrong or b) something so stupid Simple Jack would mock you.  You then think your join date preserves you from ridicule, when you are just proof that join date means nothing in regards to knowledge on a subject.

You, by stating that "78 DB's is some fairy tale goal which is almost impossible to attain," are calling Ex Mr. Sandra Bullock a liar and are doing the exact same thing you are stating is a CoC violation.  

I don't expectremoved...krpto see the paradox in your actions and statement, regardless of your join date or listing what state's residents unfortunately have to live or work near you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't expectremoved...krpto see the paradox in your actions and statement, regardless of your join date or listing what state's residents unfortunately have to live or work near you.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

but his process is... ohh look some steel bars taped together, ohh look red hot slab of metal, ohh look bent slab of metal POOF! gorgeous Damascus 1911

I have my doubts.  when he is working on a bike he dang near posts a step by step
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you watch the video posted?

He clearly says he is hand forging Damascus steel 1911s for the military.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most are good guys, then there's the others, they earned what they get around here.

There's a couple in this thread, not you according to what I've read of your posts

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Look I want to let you guys play and have fun during recess, but drop the arguments on "liars" and "13ers" and all of the stuff like that. Thanks

(trust me I get it, , but let's move on)
View Quote
OK, I'm good

Keep in m ind I posted a little before I read this LOL
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#26]
this thread has gone no where but down
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Question, just for shits and grins and not to give any sort of legitimacy to or bash JJ's suppressor: Suppose you were to isolate the muzzle from the action, like maybe with the rifle on a table with a soundproof barrier placed halfway down the barrel, so that the action would not be heard, only the muzzle report. How low could you get the decibels if the action were not part of the readings? Just curious is all.
View Quote

Or use a bolt action?

I swear sometimes because we're on AR15.com people consider it the only gun around
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My suppressed, bolt action, 20" barrel 22lr shooting CCI quiets isn't close to 78 decibels.  And you can snap your fingers louder than it is.
View Quote

I never said 78. I said "Hollywood".
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Is 'Defense Review' known for quality reporting?

http://www.defensereview.com/jjfu-aero-sonic-suppressor-silencersound-suppressor-outfitted-jjfu-nomad-ar-15-tactical-riflecarbine-by-jesse-james-firearms-unlimted-meet-the-silent-metal-squash-of-death/

By David Crane
david (at) defensereview (dot) com
May 17, 2015
While DefenseReview (DR) was attending the U.S. Optics Academy Long-Range Precision Rifle I course launch/writers’ event in the Southern California high desert mountains, we got the chance to view and run a new 5.56mm NATO (5.56x45mm NATO)/.223 Rem. suppressor that really impressed us, or, blew us away (pun intended), if you will. It’s called the Aero-Sonic Suppressor, and it was designed and developed by one Jesse James of Jesse James Firearms Unlimited (JJFU), who’s now gotten into custom tactical firearms manufacturing and building in a very big way. Everyone of course knows James from the custom bike (motorcycle) and car world, but what they may not know is that he’s now building some very interesting custom rifles, pistols and muzzle cans (silencers/sound suppressors), and the Aero-Sonic Suppressor would appear to be the single most interesting and innovative product of the bunch.
When we first saw the JJFU Aero-Sonic Suppressor, DR wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. It just didn’t look quite right to us. It’s got an organic squash/gourd-like look to it, and we first mistakenly thought that it’s design aesthetic might be a gimmick. It’s not. As we would soon learn, every aspect of its design is purposeful and functional, and it incorporates and integrates four (4) patents, which cover its overall design, pressure release aspect , internal baffle design, and (we think) its screw-secured split disassembly design that allows the end-user to unscrew it along it’s length and pop it open for easy cleaning and maintenance. Over the course of the two-day event, the Aero-Sonic’s design aesthetic grew on us, um, kind of like a squash, and we started to like it, perhaps because we understood that just about everything about it was functional. Editor’s Note: DR will try to obtain some hi-res photos of the Aero-Sonic’s internals and include them in this article ASAP.
The Aero-Sonic’s pressure release aspect is the most aesthetically obvious aspect, since it’s what creates the bulge in the center. It’s Defense Review’s understanding that James got the idea from auto mufflers or exhaust, but we’ll have to confirm this. The internal baffle system is also very innovative, and comes from the high-speed bullet train world, of all places. James got the idea from reading about a patented system for eliminating the ‘tunnel boom’ created by high-speed trains in Japan as they enter tunnels. The Japanese had to figure out a way of eliminating ‘tunnel boom’ at the exit point of the tunnel when a high-speed train entered it. James wondered if he could apply that system to supressors, and as it turns out, he could, and did. Since the Japanese patent only applied to trains, James was able to apply for a patent on the system for suppressors.
When you include the Aero-Sonic’s full-length screw disassembly design, you end up with what is in DR’s opinion the most innovative suppressor design since Operator Suppressor Systems (or OSS, formerly known as Bravo 18).
But, just how quite is it? As it turns out, the JJFU Aero-Sonic Suppressor is really quiet, impressively quiet. Every shooter that tried the new can (muzzle can) out was impressed with its level of sound suppression. You can get a little bit of a feel for how quiet it is from watching the videos we shot of it being run at the range (see below). Another impressive aspect of the AeroSonic is its ability to stay relatively cool versus traditional cans. Sound suppression is of course important, but durability and POI (Point Of Impact) shift are also very important. When we inquired about the former, James told us that that another Aero-Sonic he’d built was able to 20,000 rounds of full-auto fire, and the one we were running on semi-auto at the U.S. Optics Academy range had already had about 10,000 rounds put through it. James told me he’d started out with titanium baffles, but switched to Inconel for durability/longevity.
DefenseReview will try to get some point-of-impact shift data on the Aero-Sonic, ASAP.
We should note that the Aero-Sonic Suppressor we ran (and watched others run) was mounted on a JJFU Nomad AR-15 custom tactical AR rifle/carbine that ran like a top during all the shooting we witnessed. DR liked the design aesthetic of both it and the JJFU Nomad 10 AR-10/SR-25-type 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51mm NATO)/.308 Win. tactical rifle James used for the U.S. Optics Academy long-range precision rifle course.
We should also note that the Aero-Sonic’s a bit pricey, coming in at $4600 USD, but James argues that it’s still a very good value, considering its significant performance and durability advantages it enjoys versus competing suppressor designs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No shes not, maybe a 7  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not one to put women on a pedestal, but Sandra Bullock?  You just don't screw around and mess that up.  She's a 10.  Body, brains and talent.  He's nuts.  

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=84567

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=84568

You know how we know you're gay?

No shes not, maybe a 7  

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://www.defensereview.com/jjfu-aero-sonic-suppressor-silencersound-suppressor-outfitted-jjfu-nomad-ar-15-tactical-riflecarbine-by-jesse-james-firearms-unlimted-meet-the-silent-metal-squash-of-death/

By David Crane
david (at) defensereview (dot) com
May 17, 2015
While DefenseReview (DR) was attending the U.S. Optics Academy Long-Range Precision Rifle I course launch/writers’ event in the Southern California high desert mountains, we got the chance to view and run a new 5.56mm NATO (5.56x45mm NATO)/.223 Rem. suppressor that really impressed us, or, blew us away (pun intended), if you will. It’s called the Aero-Sonic Suppressor, and it was designed and developed by one Jesse James of Jesse James Firearms Unlimited (JJFU), who’s now gotten into custom tactical firearms manufacturing and building in a very big way. Everyone of course knows James from the custom bike (motorcycle) and car world, but what they may not know is that he’s now building some very interesting custom rifles, pistols and muzzle cans (silencers/sound suppressors), and the Aero-Sonic Suppressor would appear to be the single most interesting and innovative product of the bunch.
When we first saw the JJFU Aero-Sonic Suppressor, DR wasn’t quite sure what to make of it. It just didn’t look quite right to us. It’s got an organic squash/gourd-like look to it, and we first mistakenly thought that it’s design aesthetic might be a gimmick. It’s not. As we would soon learn, every aspect of its design is purposeful and functional, and it incorporates and integrates four (4) patents, which cover its overall design, pressure release aspect , internal baffle design, and (we think) its screw-secured split disassembly design that allows the end-user to unscrew it along it’s length and pop it open for easy cleaning and maintenance. Over the course of the two-day event, the Aero-Sonic’s design aesthetic grew on us, um, kind of like a squash, and we started to like it, perhaps because we understood that just about everything about it was functional. Editor’s Note: DR will try to obtain some hi-res photos of the Aero-Sonic’s internals and include them in this article ASAP.
The Aero-Sonic’s pressure release aspect is the most aesthetically obvious aspect, since it’s what creates the bulge in the center. It’s Defense Review’s understanding that James got the idea from auto mufflers or exhaust, but we’ll have to confirm this. The internal baffle system is also very innovative, and comes from the high-speed bullet train world, of all places. James got the idea from reading about a patented system for eliminating the ‘tunnel boom’ created by high-speed trains in Japan as they enter tunnels. The Japanese had to figure out a way of eliminating ‘tunnel boom’ at the exit point of the tunnel when a high-speed train entered it. James wondered if he could apply that system to supressors, and as it turns out, he could, and did. Since the Japanese patent only applied to trains, James was able to apply for a patent on the system for suppressors.
When you include the Aero-Sonic’s full-length screw disassembly design, you end up with what is in DR’s opinion the most innovative suppressor design since Operator Suppressor Systems (or OSS, formerly known as Bravo 18).
But, just how quite is it? As it turns out, the JJFU Aero-Sonic Suppressor is really quiet, impressively quiet. Every shooter that tried the new can (muzzle can) out was impressed with its level of sound suppression. You can get a little bit of a feel for how quiet it is from watching the videos we shot of it being run at the range (see below). Another impressive aspect of the AeroSonic is its ability to stay relatively cool versus traditional cans. Sound suppression is of course important, but durability and POI (Point Of Impact) shift are also very important. When we inquired about the former, James told us that that another Aero-Sonic he’d built was able to 20,000 rounds of full-auto fire, and the one we were running on semi-auto at the U.S. Optics Academy range had already had about 10,000 rounds put through it. James told me he’d started out with titanium baffles, but switched to Inconel for durability/longevity.
DefenseReview will try to get some point-of-impact shift data on the Aero-Sonic, ASAP.
We should note that the Aero-Sonic Suppressor we ran (and watched others run) was mounted on a JJFU Nomad AR-15 custom tactical AR rifle/carbine that ran like a top during all the shooting we witnessed. DR liked the design aesthetic of both it and the JJFU Nomad 10 AR-10/SR-25-type 7.62mm NATO (7.62x51mm NATO)/.308 Win. tactical rifle James used for the U.S. Optics Academy long-range precision rifle course.
We should also note that the Aero-Sonic’s a bit pricey, coming in at $4600 USD, but James argues that it’s still a very good value, considering its significant performance and durability advantages it enjoys versus competing suppressor designs.
View Quote

Apparently not, as they pretty much just parroted back whatever JJ told them (pressure something something and now bullet trains.)  Didn't bother actually confirming or testing any of that stuff in any sort of scientific manner, and once again couldn't be bothered to actually do a decibel test, which is pretty much all that matters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Someone email him and ask him to come tell us about it. I'm curious too. Was it really quiet compared to an unsurpassed rifle or was it really quiet compared to a suppressed rifle.

I also want to see the 4 patents. Those are public knowledge and we can look at detailed drawings of his design. I'm too lazy to go look right now, but I would look at it if it were posted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

By David Crane
david (at) defense review (dot) com

Someone email him and ask him to come tell us about it. I'm curious too. Was it really quiet compared to an unsurpassed rifle or was it really quiet compared to a suppressed rifle.

I also want to see the 4 patents. Those are public knowledge and we can look at detailed drawings of his design. I'm too lazy to go look right now, but I would look at it if it were posted.

Defense Review content partners:

AR15.com
AK47.net
Defense-Update.com
Defense Tech
The Firearm Blog
Frag Out! Magazine
Gizmag.com
IDGA.ORG
ITS Tactical
NRA Life of Duty (LOD)
NRA Freestyle
Kit Up! (Military.com)
Militaryspot.com
MilSpecMonkey.com
ModernSurvival.net
Soldier of Fortune (SOF Mag)
Soldier Systems
World.Guns.R

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I see Jesse every few months at a local sushi place. He always reserves my favorite seat at the sushi bar. They don't take reservations at the sushi bar....unless you're famous I guess.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#37]
wow, he really doesn't know anything about guns.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My suppressed, bolt action, 20" barrel 22lr shooting CCI quiets isn't close to 78 decibels.  And you can snap your fingers louder than it is.

Yawn.

No body cares that you (or jrzy) once heard a can you think is "Hollywood Quiet".

The question is to a specific performance number: Can a centerfire rifle can produce a 78dB SPL?

Because that was (is?) the specific claim made by JJFU. 78dB.

The consensus is 78dB is not only extremely unlikely, but that is is flat out not possible.

JJ going around claiming a 78dB centerfire rifle suppressor is either grossly misinformed about his own product or willfully misrepresenting his product.

He has had a few opportunities to prove his claims; he chose not to then and he will continue to chose to not prove his claims in the future because:

He.Can.Not.Deliver.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Or use a bolt action?

I swear sometimes because we're on AR15.com people consider it the only gun around
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question, just for shits and grins and not to give any sort of legitimacy to or bash JJ's suppressor: Suppose you were to isolate the muzzle from the action, like maybe with the rifle on a table with a soundproof barrier placed halfway down the barrel, so that the action would not be heard, only the muzzle report. How low could you get the decibels if the action were not part of the readings? Just curious is all.

Or use a bolt action?

Wife must've slipped another dumbass pill in my coffee this morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
red = liberal speak
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

red = liberal speak

Awesome retort

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BS, I said it was not metered so I had no idea what the level would be but I restate it was the quietest suppressor I ever shot.There is no brand name (his co name is his name that appears on his 07, so no discloser) , it's a friends design and was a prototype along with the 308 model, too costly and bulky for military use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You reread the damn thread you have not stated the manufacture of the hollywood quiet suppressor did you have to sign a NDA or are you just making it up. If it is the quietest suppressor you have ever shot you would remember the make and model.

Almost any full size rifle suppressor is going to be hollywood quiet when running subsonics with the gas shut off.  Even then, they're still nowhere near 78 decibels.

True but he is stating that he shot one that was 78 decibels. I am pretty sure that this is not possible and if it is I would like to know who made the can. He told me to reread the thread since he answered the question of what make and or model the suppressor was even though he did not answer it.
BS, I said it was not metered so I had no idea what the level would be but I restate it was the quietest suppressor I ever shot.There is no brand name (his co name is his name that appears on his 07, so no discloser) , it's a friends design and was a prototype along with the 308 model, too costly and bulky for military use.

Ok then. What component ordered them for testing?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You reread the damn thread you have not stated the manufacture of the hollywood quiet suppressor did you have to sign a NDA or are you just making it up. If it is the quietest suppressor you have ever shot you would remember the make and model.

Almost any full size rifle suppressor is going to be hollywood quiet when running subsonics with the gas shut off.  Even then, they're still nowhere near 78 decibels.

True but he is stating that he shot one that was 78 decibels. I am pretty sure that this is not possible and if it is I would like to know who made the can. He told me to reread the thread since he answered the question of what make and or model the suppressor was even though he did not answer it.

No one, I also build prototype weapons and don't have a customer till after they are built, tested and approved on the specs.

Most go no where.

07's do this all the time

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So let me ask this as a suppressor noob.

If the gas block gets essentially "turned off" and there is no cycle of the bolt to cause a rise above 78db how can JJ claim that he gets 78db when his rifle is cycling?
View Quote

Shut your mouth with that physics latin!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#45]
jrzy do you swallow?
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Jizy do you swallow?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#47]
CoC 6
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top