BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
20 EPISODES THIS SEASON - PLENTY OF TIME FOR THE BLOOD TO REALLY SPILL

This show can do well without Ragnar, look at all those beautiful viking ships in the cove, every boat and crews story could fill plenty of episodes with tales of high adventure.
View Quote

Lagertha and Aslaug could just make out for an hour and I'd be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Just so we don't lose track of the important parts.....

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gah, ever since the thread about her underarm labia I cant unsee it, even in a sheer top.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Just watched the last episode.  Who were the two little girls in Ragnar's household that went to play?  I'm guessing one was Bjorn's daughter.  Which one?  Who was the other?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Rollo's French bride is so hot to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i don't understand that reference.  i don't watch many shows.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you think about it, it's more than a little bit like eleanor betraying vane to get control of nassau.

It's strange you mention that (I disagree of course) but I was thinking about saying it's like Chuck and Jimmy, always keeping his brother down and only happy when he's in the mail room....his mail room.

i don't understand that reference.  i don't watch many shows.

Damn. You don't watch Better Call Saul? I remember me and you, well hell it might not have been me and you, anyway, I remember us talking about the shows we watch and we both mentioned like the same 4. That's all I watch too, I got 4. My ex I swear to God lived in front of that TV, she had different shows at the same time slots she recorded from like 8pm to 11pm every night. It was insane.

Anyway if you liked Breaking Bad you need to check out Better Call Saul. It's damn good really. We're in the second season towards the end right now but if you want to binge watch or anything I can IM you some links.*

* To the AMC website, who holds the rights to the show, who I would never try to cross, much like our wonderful moderators and staffers here at ar15.com.

I'm leaving while i'm ahead and sorry to all for the temporary off-topicness.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn. You don't watch Better Call Saul? I remember me and you, well hell it might not have been me and you, anyway, I remember us talking about the shows we watch and we both mentioned like the same 4.
View Quote

yeah, i think that was us.  pretty much the only shows i watch are vikings, black sails, TWD, GoT, and archer.

...to which i've recently added 'the expanse' and my new guilty pleasure...the 100 (post-apoc tween lord of the flies in space and then on the ground).  

(don't hate)

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is Roman Polanski's daughter Morgane.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
So what happened to Porunn, Bjorn's love from Season 3? She went into battle with him, was badly injured and disfigured mid-season, but didn't show up for Season 4. She was also pregnant with his child. Did she die, did he dump her, or has she been placed on temporary hold?

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's gotta be all kinds of fucked up.  Like Woody Allen's daughter fucked up.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So what happened to Porunn, Bjorn's love from Season 3? She went into battle with him, was badly injured and disfigured mid-season, but didn't show up for Season 4. She was also pregnant with his child. Did she die, did he dump her, or has she been placed on temporary hold?

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2015/02/vikings_s3_porunn-E.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Þorunn's decides to leave Kattegat while most of the warriors (including Bjorn) are away attacking Paris.

http://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/%C3%9E%C3%B3runnhttp://vikings.wikia.com/wiki/%C3%9E%C3%B3runn
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

She left her kid with Bjorn (well his stepmother more than him).  She's the little girl wanting to play with the Aslaug's boy who didn't go with Ragnar.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#15]
dino had it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Who's paying attention to her underarms? She's hot

Quoted:

Gah, ever since the thread about her underarm labia I cant unsee it, even in a sheer top.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://images.franchiseherald.com/data/images/full/19821/katheryn-winnick.jpg?w=570  

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed!

I think these two are underated.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She left her kid with Bjorn (well his stepmother more than him).  She's the little girl wanting to play with the Aslaug's boy who didn't go with Ragnar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I read an article somewhere that she was disillusioned with the series and /or the character, and moved on to other roles.

Like all the other wimmenz in the show, she was pretty hot.

Sorta got fucked up a little - ran into a sword.

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#21]

We will see more of the Chinese Princess.

Does Ragnar get to China?

we shall see, lots more episodes this season, and it renewed for next year already !!!!

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:17:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, that was all kinds of wtf?!

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:05:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, that was all kinds of wtf?!

View Quote

yeah, that episode was...not skol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]
I was expecting more and got less out of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like drugs have gotten the best of Ragnar. He's a shell of his former self. He should go away in the next 2 or 3 episodes.

So Aslaug is shifting herself about the space-time continuum, making things interesting for Floki. Ragnar will be pissed, especially since he saved Floki's life. Or does he even care any more?

King Ecbert just fucked over Queen Kwinthrith. Things gonna get wild in Wessex & Mercia.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks like drugs have gotten the best of Ragnar. He's a shell of his former self. He should go away in the next 2 or 3 episodes.

So Aslaug is shifting herself about the space-time continuum, making things interesting for Floki. Ragnar will be pissed, especially since he saved Floki's life. Or does he even care any more?

King Ecbert just fucked over Queen Kwinthrith. Things gonna get wild in Wessex & Mercia.
View Quote

I think that was more like Floki getting a mystical heads-up about what is going on back in Kattegat.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think that was more like Floki getting a mystical heads-up about what is going on back in Kattegat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought the river battle sequence was pretty tense too, kept me very engaged.  

Absolutely love the other Viking king (Harald Finehair?)and his brother, those guys are badass.
"I live for this!"
"The only reason to be alive!"

Floki had a good one too - "The space between life and death. That's where we are the most alive."
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought we had more Vikings viewers on ARFcom...
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought it was a good episode............the battles between the Northmen and Rollo's forces should be pretty good.........and +1 for the hot women
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Have not be able to watch the new one yet
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think it is Floki who is shifting.  He is really Loki and takes form both as Hagar and Floki.  He is really interested in Ivar, who will become his agent of vengeance against the Christians.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think it is Floki who is shifting.  He is really Loki and takes form both as Hagar and Floki.  He is really interested in Ivar, who will become his agent of vengeance against the Christians.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Been a f-Loki man for a couple seasons now.

As for an episode review, meh. The river battle was well done. The Kattegat stuff was a little too deep or not fleshed out real well or something, because I'm sure millions of people are confused. Hopefully the following episodes shed some light.

As I said last week Ragnar is a drug-addicted shell, and is ready for the pit. We just need Ivar to grow up a little quicker, Bjorn is about the right age.

It's funny how the whole series it's been Ragnar with all the luck, Ragnar who is descended from Odin himself...wouldn't that mean that his brother is also a descendant. The contrast is interesting though. For once Ragnar is getting all the shit and Rollo all the glory....for the moment. History tells us they still find ways to extort France to keep them away and still raid the occasional village but they'll never get into Paris again (best I recall anyway). Well, Rollo's heirs will, so technically, they'll rule both France and England...but I'm a few hundred years ahead of myself.

Anyway, the contrast was interesting. Rollo read his brother's plan all the way, probably flooded the marshes to bog Lagartha down for his archers. If I had a complaint about the battle it's that none of them got close enough to get past the crossbowmen so we could see Rollo rip off his fancy furs and start splitting people in half with his ax. I didn't even see his ax by his side, just the Princess. Oh Rollo, you whore. Not that I blame you. I'd burn Tennessee to the ground if Kentucky's Governor gave me nearly half the state with peasants to tax and a giant castle to bone his hot-ass daughter in. We are so alike Rollo, except in body types. I'm much more ripped and better looking. And better with an ax. And hairier. I also may smell better.

But I likely don't.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Good episode, but sad.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you mean Harbard or The Wanderer, that is one of the names Odin uses when he leaves Valhalla to visit Earth. However, Harbard has both his eyes; Odin is sometimes shown as missing one.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I thought the river battle sequence was pretty tense too, kept me very engaged.  

Absolutely love the other Viking king (Harald Finehair?)and his brother, those guys are badass.

"I live for this!"

"The only reason to be alive!"

Floki had a good one too - "The space between life and death. That's where we are the most alive."
View Quote

That was an epic scene. Those Viking brothers are great characters.

Kinda tired of seeing Ragnar all strung out on that opiate leaf. And I can't believe they actually thought they'd be able to assault that tower through a field of grass without adequate cover and concealment. This is how you get aced; by not doing sufficient reconnaissance and understanding the enemy's defenses.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

I took it as Floki having a premonition of some sort. Perhaps I'm wrong?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF did I watch? The only thing that made sense was the battle scene, everything else was a whole lot of .
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:27:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Whos head was that on the floor at the end?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Whos head was that on the floor at the end?
View Quote

Was wondering this myself.

And I'm sick of the drug peddling Chinese bitch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 1:49:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

she's being held against her will.  ragnar's "freeing" of her is a sham--it just means that she's a functional captive rather than an actual slave. so i don't blame her at all even if she's trying to poison him.

to think of it another way, if the emperor of china bought lagatha as a slave and "freed" her (knowing that she would be killed if she left), then we'd be rooting for her to kill him.  i don't see that this is any different.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

she's being held against her will.  ragnar's "freeing" of her is a sham--it just means that she's a functional captive rather than an actual slave. so i don't blame her at all even if she's trying to poison him.

to think of it another way, if the emperor of china bought lagatha as a slave and "freed" her (knowing that she would be killed if she left), then we'd be rooting for her to kill him.  i don't see that this is any different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True and her admitting her father was the Emperor could mean absolutely anything from she's the daughter of one of his 100s of concubines and has basically no status or she's actually a member of the royal family in which case I think she would've been too well protected for a band of pirates to grab her ship. That being said, they are what 4 maybe 5,000 miles away from China with no phones or internet. She may be nothing and just said that to make her too valuable to be used a rape toy and thrown into the sea, then ran with it because nobody could prove different.

As for freeing her, you're exactly right. Where's she going to go? She's not walking to China. If she started now with a full sled of food she'd be dead of starvation and hypothermia before she ever saw Finland. She has no ships, nor money to by them. Marco Polo* isn't stopping by any time soon to take her on his next journey. When he "freed" her he basically said you no longer have to work to eat. I'll provide you food and shelter, you entertain me or stay out of my way.

*Speaking of shows you aren't watching. It's on Netflix bro. There is only one 10 episode season so far, season 2 will be out in the summer. You must watch this. You've got Mongols raping and pillaging, noble Chinese emperors trying to defend against them and among st all the violence there is some palace intrigue and lots of titties. It's right up your alley.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
*Speaking of shows you aren't watching. It's on Netflix bro. There is only one 10 episode season so far, season 2 will be out in the summer. You must watch this. You've got Mongols raping and pillaging, noble Chinese emperors trying to defend against them and among st all the violence there is some palace intrigue and lots of titties. It's right up your alley.
View Quote

thanks--i'll definitely check it out!  my recent addiction is 'the 100', which is a tween sci-fi/post-apoc series.  it's awful in some ways, and glorious in others--a truly guilty pleasure.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
thanks--i'll definitely check it out!  my recent addiction is 'the 100', which is a tween sci-fi/post-apoc series.  it's awful in some ways, and glorious in others--a truly guilty pleasure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I watched the first episode of the 100, and it didn't grab my attention.   Does it pick up in the later episodes?

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Honestly why would you not go ashore and attack the two small outposts instead of going down the middle?  Seems pretty dumb.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I watched the first episode of the 100, and it didn't grab my attention.   Does it pick up in the later episodes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah--substantially.  the dialogue remains groan-inducing, but the lord of the flies structure is well done.  then it really takes off and becomes its own thing.  basically, it's a show about moral problems, when every option entails making shitty choices.  and octavia is nice to look at (the hot daughter from FTWD is also in it, and she kicks ass).  and it's just cheesy fun.  think of it like Z-nation--it's either going to grow on you or it isn't.  this is basically my ZN.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Honestly why would you not go ashore and attack the two small outposts instead of going down the middle?  Seems pretty dumb.
View Quote

why bother attacking a fortification if you can just bypass it and make it irrelevant?  

sucks about the chain, though.

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

yeah--substantially.  the dialogue remains groan-inducing, but the lord of the flies structure is well done.  then it really takes off and becomes its own thing.  basically, it's a show about moral problems, when every option entails making shitty choices.  and octavia is nice to look at (the hot daughter from FTWD is also in it, and she kicks ass).  and it's just cheesy fun.  think of it like Z-nation--it's either going to grow on you or it isn't.  this is basically my ZN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoyed the 100, not the best but entertaining
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I've watched the latest episode a few times.  The severed head that Ragnar is talking to near the end looks almost like Siegfried, the big Viking who was beheaded during the siege of Paris.  Can't be him, though... ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#50]
The solution to the forts problem is the same as the solution to the armies on both sides of the river they dealt with before.  Pick one and attack it, the defenders have halved their forces for you.

Now, for fun, I might have stopped out of bolt range, and then sent a single boat at a time.  Those in charge of an an obvious ambush are annoyed by facing a single dunce as opposed to the masses they intended to snare.

Also, there was a tree line near the castle, if her hotness had come thru that, she might have fohnd the ambushers..

And finally "Never get out of the boat."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top