BCM
User Panel

Page / 3338
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

Interesting.
That looks like it either tastes phenomenal, or it is awful.
It does not appear to straddle any middle ground.
View Quote

He fucked it up. Could have been wonderful. Instead it looks like chickenpox in a bowl.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]

That is not a taco.

These are tacos in honor of Taco Tuesday:

https://i.imgur.com/HOwrmd1.jpeg
View Quote

Don’t engage with the taco imbeciles.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#3]
Also, and the actual reason I kept it, that little invertor generator can run the monitor heater with no problem and did so a few times to dry the house out after the storm. We still have a 250 gallon tank for it, but I've only got ~20 in there in case the power is out for a week or two in the winter. I should keep more it turns out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 80085:

Don't engage with the taco imbeciles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That is not a taco.

Don't engage with the taco imbeciles.
Those are clearly sandwiches.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WIC:
sue them all

right away
View Quote

Exactly what I expect a lawyer to say.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]

I don't even know what any of that means
View Quote

So you choose both. Got it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
https://i.imgur.com/B9SFSQ5.jpeg
View Quote

No mag, folded bayonet... I'm not sure what to think
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
So I have a heat pump hybrid furnace, and only need propane when it gets really cold at night. We have a 120 gallon tank but it is definitely not haulable. We previously heated with K1 Monitor Heaters (big fancy expensive efficient Japanese things that use a dual flue for outdoor air for combustion and for exhaust). I kept the big K1 monitor installed and can run that at night instead, and that I can haul from the gas station in 5 gallon jugs. It will easily heat the whole house reasonably well.

So it isn't dire but I still want to handle it in a timely fashion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Reubjames:
OT - do I need a lawyer?

We have this bridge situation that has to be dealt with before they will bring propane across presumably. It is on a private road that serves four residences that all need fuel. We have always had an arrangement that repairs were split in 1/4s, but I'm not exactly sure what legal backing that arrangement might or does have, and it has all been very minor amounts in the past. No one is trying to get out of it (at least so far, but we haven't all talked), but how does it even work? I.e. I'm not putting up $60K or whatever it turns out to be and waiting for them to hopefully chip in and repay me. One has flood insurance so they will also have to be involved somehow. We need to move forward with it and others seem willing to slow roll it.

Man that's a shitty situation. Bridge repairs are slow especially if you have to get an engineer involved and double slow in a disaster area. Can you haul your own propane across the creek in 100lb cylinders while the other folks get their shit together?
So I have a heat pump hybrid furnace, and only need propane when it gets really cold at night. We have a 120 gallon tank but it is definitely not haulable. We previously heated with K1 Monitor Heaters (big fancy expensive efficient Japanese things that use a dual flue for outdoor air for combustion and for exhaust). I kept the big K1 monitor installed and can run that at night instead, and that I can haul from the gas station in 5 gallon jugs. It will easily heat the whole house reasonably well.

Turn the one that needs the propane the most against the others? Pay for the bridge and charge a toll?
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Matching counters?
View All Quotes
taco

That is not a taco.

Matching counters?

Hadn't noticed until you said something. They do appear to closely resemble each other.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Neck knives fall in the same categories as kiestered knives and kiestered guns. Not on my list of good life prolonging ideas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:
No problem - mine was the "Perfect Neck Knife" which IIRC is a little larger than the original. It is also too large to be a neck knife IMO. I'm not a fan of that concept anyways though and carry it in a pocket with the lanyard attached to my belt. Glad it isn't any smaller - seems just right. Been meaning to make a belt sheath and or pocket sheath for it for way too long....

This is at the thickest part - the tang and spine taper from that area.
https://i.imgur.com/avGCWxu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EuSVhW0.jpg

ETA - weird perspective, it is 7.5" OAL.

Also that's some oil not pitting on the hammered part.

The thing about neck knives is if you're keeping it under your shirt and need it in a hurry there's a non zero change you cut the shit out of your stomach

The whole idea is to keep sharp objects AWAY from your neck and arteries...

Neck knives fall in the same categories as kiestered knives and kiestered guns. Not on my list of good life prolonging ideas.

All good points.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]

He fucked it up. Could have been wonderful. Instead it looks like chickenpox in a bowl.
View All Quotes

Interesting.
That looks like it either tastes phenomenal, or it is awful.
It does not appear to straddle any middle ground.

That is an accurate assessment of WIC's..."creation".
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By williedikker72:

Turn the one that needs the propane the most against the others? Pay for the bridge and charge a toll?
View All Quotes
OT - do I need a lawyer?

We have this bridge situation that has to be dealt with before they will bring propane across presumably. It is on a private road that serves four residences that all need fuel. We have always had an arrangement that repairs were split in 1/4s, but I'm not exactly sure what legal backing that arrangement might or does have, and it has all been very minor amounts in the past. No one is trying to get out of it (at least so far, but we haven't all talked), but how does it even work? I.e. I'm not putting up $60K or whatever it turns out to be and waiting for them to hopefully chip in and repay me. One has flood insurance so they will also have to be involved somehow. We need to move forward with it and others seem willing to slow roll it.

Man that's a shitty situation. Bridge repairs are slow especially if you have to get an engineer involved and double slow in a disaster area. Can you haul your own propane across the creek in 100lb cylinders while the other folks get their shit together?

I like the toll idea.
Toll is high until their share is paid off, then the toll drops to cover maintenance.

Droit du seigneur/Prima nocta should also be in effect until debts are settled.
You're a Tennessee Warlord (currently residing in NC).
Act like it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#13]

I don't even know what any of that means
View Quote

So you choose both. Got it.

60+ minute double post. Yikes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#14]

All good points.
View All Quotes
No problem - mine was the "Perfect Neck Knife" which IIRC is a little larger than the original. It is also too large to be a neck knife IMO. I'm not a fan of that concept anyways though and carry it in a pocket with the lanyard attached to my belt. Glad it isn't any smaller - seems just right. Been meaning to make a belt sheath and or pocket sheath for it for way too long....

This is at the thickest part - the tang and spine taper from that area.
https://i.imgur.com/avGCWxu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EuSVhW0.jpg

ETA - weird perspective, it is 7.5" OAL.

Also that's some oil not pitting on the hammered part.

The thing about neck knives is if you're keeping it under your shirt and need it in a hurry there's a non zero change you cut the shit out of your stomach

All good points.

Carter seemed to me to emphasize and personally like the concept of a neck knife worn outside the shirt primarily for convenience for rural EDC stuff. I don't recall him really promoting it as a concealed defensive thing.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]

I like the toll idea.
Toll is high until their share is paid off, then the toll drops to cover maintenance.

Act like it.
View All Quotes
OT - do I need a lawyer?

I like the toll idea.

Act like it.

I'll get my medium sized troll live under it to collect the fares.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Cholula packets

they exist for a reason
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I take it you never had to live on MREs. Hot sauce is a requirement. Luckily, they all come with a small bottle of Tabasco. Would something else be better? Damn right it would, but when you have no other options...

Cholula packets

they exist for a reason

MREs are free. Some dudes would always go to the field with their own hot sauce, but it wasn't a priority for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]

That is not a taco.

View All Quotes
taco

https://i.imgur.com/08CgDiB.jpg

That is not a taco.

Are you two confused over your gender? Those aren't taco's.
These are taco's!

Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#19]

and...bust

Anker KVM worked fine with two dell lap tops in the stand, but as soon as I switched one to a Lenovo, it would send power to the Lenovo, but it refused to share the keyboard, video or mouse.

Only have a few Dells right now. Most of the laptops are Lenovos. Planned to switch over to Dells as the Lenovos die, guess this is another reason to do so. Weird, wouldn't think it would make a difference. They are all running Windows. I guess the issues we have had on the Lenovos has been system related, not Windows stuff. End up working on the Lenovos more than the Dells.

oh well.

ETA: Looks like it is only the Lenovo Flex, not normal IdeaPads, but most of the ones we have are Flex...

MGK, start with this one. Unless you have an Ideapad Flex. Then just give up now.
View All Quotes
cautious maybe...

https://i.imgur.com/X5P44k1.jpg

and...bust

Anker KVM worked fine with two dell lap tops in the stand, but as soon as I switched one to a Lenovo, it would send power to the Lenovo, but it refused to share the keyboard, video or mouse.

Only have a few Dells right now. Most of the laptops are Lenovos. Planned to switch over to Dells as the Lenovos die, guess this is another reason to do so. Weird, wouldn't think it would make a difference. They are all running Windows. I guess the issues we have had on the Lenovos has been system related, not Windows stuff. End up working on the Lenovos more than the Dells.

oh well.

ETA: Looks like it is only the Lenovo Flex, not normal IdeaPads, but most of the ones we have are Flex...

MGK, start with this one. Unless you have an Ideapad Flex. Then just give up now.

What are these things you're testing out?
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#20]

You're both right.

Tabasco sucks.
It makes most MRE's palatable.
Since the government hates us and does not want us to be happy, they do not include tiny bottles of Cholula or Tapatio with MRE's.
Your choice is Tabasco or nothing.
View All Quotes

They make most (not all) MRE's palatable.

No, he was right on this one, Tabasco does suck.

I take it you never had to live on MREs. Hot sauce is a requirement. Luckily, they all come with a small bottle of Tabasco. Would something else be better? Damn right it would, but when you have no other options...

You're both right.

Tabasco sucks.
It makes most MRE's palatable.
Since the government hates us and does not want us to be happy, they do not include tiny bottles of Cholula or Tapatio with MRE's.
Your choice is Tabasco or nothing.

Yerp
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Did you use the $20 off?
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Did you use the $20 off?
View All Quotes

Did you use the $20 off?

Sure did.

Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
OT - do I need a lawyer?

I like the toll idea.

Act like it.

Have it start enforcing Droit du seigneur/Prima nocta and you'll get paid with a quickness!
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]

I'm a Louisiana brand hot sauce fan myself when it comes that style. Great on oysters and in gumbo or on a shrimp po-boy.

I don't care for the original Tabasco much either but their Smoked Chipotle flavor is another matter. Delicious in chili, stew, beans, tacos, burritos etc...

For vinegar and red pepper sauce with BBQ, I love the original sauce at Southside Meat Market. Sprinkle that concoction over their hot-gut sausage and eat with a cracker. Oh man makes me want to drive out there tomorrow for lunch.
View Quote

The smoked Chipotle is actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#25]
supper

https://i.imgur.com/EdPiXZ7.jpg
View Quote

Knife is solid. Saucing could use work
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kabic:

Quick Trip & Kwick Trip have an agreement on what states Kwick Trip cab use the name.   So like in Iowa they use Kwick Star.   They also operate some locations as Stop-N-Go
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Yeah. Also why I stopped trying to be cool and carry a waved karambit
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#28]
https://i.imgur.com/4Is3Vaa.jpg
View Quote

Very avant guard.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#29]

That seems like being forced to choose between Herpes or AIDS.
I dont really want either one, thank you.
View Quote

I mean, all the AIDS drug commercials make it seem pretty fun
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Before work I grabbed a green chile hash with the wife in a rare repeat day.

Ti Tues
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks. We certainly aren't to the point of needing to threaten anyone. I believe there is something on paper somewhere but need to look into that further.

I can't even figure out how to navigate an amicable arrangement though. Do we need a trust or something? The contractor is going to want all the money and I'm only going to want to give a quarter of it. Or do I just hope the other three will come up with a check in a timely fashion if we can eventually get a contractor to even get back to us (another challenge currently), and we each just pay our portion to them? I.e. do you think a contractor is going to enter into a joint arrangement with four separate entities for one project?
View Quote

Look at the papers first, who owns what, is someone else responsible and you just have an easement? look into it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#32]

You’re supposed to mix that in, not let it sit on top. The key is to dissolve it into the broth.
View Quote

it didn't stay there
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

and still paid too much
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

KVMs

keyboard video mouse switcher, use the same peripherals for multiple computers
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#35]

and still paid too much
View All Quotes

and still paid too much

Of course.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#36]

KVMs

View All Quotes

KVMs

What's the idea behind that? Doing presentations from various computers?
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#37]
KVMs are popular with gamers who have multiple computers for different things.

During COVID when there was a lot more work from home, people used them to switch between their work computer and their personal computer in their home office.

For me, I have my work computer but I also need to service computers for everyone else in the firm. This way I can leave mine plugged in, plug in one to work on, have it charging and running updates or installs while I switch back to mine to do other work.

Saves a lot of back and forth with switching things around manually or having cords everywhere for multiple setups.

KVMs for desktop systems seem to be pretty straight forward and work pretty well/consistently it seems (gamer set up)

More complicated for laptops where we are running input devices in, video out and power in (and network connection if using the LAN), all over one USB-C cord. KVMs for laptops are much more flaky.

Add to that, the display functionality is not consistent across computers, making it more difficult.

So one thing might work on one computer, and not on another, or none of it works at all because the KVM gets confused.

And there are no instructions for these things, the connections are fairly self explanatory. Just plug it all in and it works or it does not.

Link Posted: 10/15/2024 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#38]

During COVID when there was a lot more work from home, people used them to switch between their work computer and their personal computer in their home office.

For me, I have my work computer but I also need to service computers for everyone else in the firm. This way I can leave mine plugged in, plug in one to work on, have it charging and running updates or installs while I switch back to mine to do other work.

Saves a lot of back and forth with switching things around manually or having cords everywhere for multiple setups.

KVMs for desktop systems seem to be pretty straight forward and work pretty well/consistently it seems (gamer set up)

More complicated for laptops where we are running input devices in, video out and power in (and network connection if using the LAN), all over one USB-C cord. KVMs for laptops are much more flaky.

Add to that, the display functionality is not consistent across computers, making it more difficult.

So one thing might work on one computer, and not on another, or none of it works at all because the KVM gets confused.

And there are no instructions for these things, the connections are fairly self explanatory. Just plug it all in and it works or it does not.

View Quote

Interesting. Definitely outside of my wheelhouse.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Look at the papers first, who owns what, is someone else responsible and you just have an easement? look into it.
View All Quotes
Thanks. We certainly aren't to the point of needing to threaten anyone. I believe there is something on paper somewhere but need to look into that further.

I can't even figure out how to navigate an amicable arrangement though. Do we need a trust or something? The contractor is going to want all the money and I'm only going to want to give a quarter of it. Or do I just hope the other three will come up with a check in a timely fashion if we can eventually get a contractor to even get back to us (another challenge currently), and we each just pay our portion to them? I.e. do you think a contractor is going to enter into a joint arrangement with four separate entities for one project?

Roger - will do that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
I like the "cloud" pattern and the MOP, not crazy about the compound grind, but I've never tried one either.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Consider yourself indebted to me for $20. No crackhead HJs accepted as form of payment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh, and nice knife!
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#43]

KVMs

View Quote

And why couldn’t you just pull the usb c from the docking station and plug it into another laptop? You’ve gone down the gadget hole when a solution already exists to utilize the same keyboard, mouse, and monitors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#44]
https://i.imgur.com/ZQeXpyx.jpeg

Before work I grabbed a green chile hash with the wife in a rare repeat day.

Ti Tues
View Quote

That looks really good!
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Um… just get another monitor. Throw the tech support ticket laptop on the tech support standalone monitor and continue working with your computer on your monitors. You’ve wholly over complicated this endeavor when very straightforward and simple solutions already exist.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

That looks really good!
View Quote

Is there meat though? Looks like a plate of potatoes. Not saying it’s not good but it appears to be what starving Irish people would eat if they lived in Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Um… just get another monitor. Throw the tech support ticket laptop on the tech support standalone monitor and continue working with your computer on your monitors. You’ve wholly over complicated this endeavor when very straightforward and simple solutions already exist.
View Quote

you deserve your MIL
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#48]

you deserve your MIL
View Quote

She’s a nice and kind person. Just can’t cook. I can cook thus negating your sick burn.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#49]
sure buddy

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#50]
19th anniversary today.

Sonny the Wonder Dog is 7 this year.

Dinner:

Pink Moon Oysters

Caprese salad

Not Caprese salad

Willet 8 year wheated

Page / 3338
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top