Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/5/2016 12:59:19 PM EDT

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus cautioned supporters of Donald Trump who vocally disapprove of the GOP's delegate allocation and selection process.

"By the way, this is a nomination for the Republican Party," Priebus told 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin. "If you don't like the party, then sit down. The party is choosing a nominee."

Priebus insisted that, "I'm not in favor of changing the rules," but seemed to suggest that his party was moving toward the way it formerly chose a nominee many years ago. He also appeared to hint that the primaries and caucuses may not be as binding for the delegates as some have come to expect.

Priebus' comments come as Wisconsinites head to the polls to cast a vote in a primary that could send the GOP hurling toward a contested convention.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/priebus-the-party-is-choosing-a-nominee/article/2587688
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Well fuck you too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well fuck you too.
View Quote
And fuck the GOPe

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What a cunt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
RP = Reince Priebus = Republican Party

Got it?

No interlopers.

Lol, "sit down", spoken like a school marm.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
And I'll vote for HRC, then. How much failure is enough?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
He's certainly drawn a line in the sand and if there's anyone in the country who stands to lose more if Donald Trump is elected I can't think of who it is right now.  He'll be FIRED!  

I've worked in partisan politics for over forty years now.  The one thing I learned early on was that leadership should never choose sides in a hotly contested primary if they like staying in leadership.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Worm.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I no longer consider myself a Republican.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep. That will definitely solve the problems the GOP is having. Should clear everything right up.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually think that's what the RNC/GOPe want
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Something really bad must be happening fairly soon, and the RNC actually wants the Dems in the White House when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
GOPe never gets tired of loosing elections.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Priebus...

fuck you peon voters we will pick who we want.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Does this mean I should buy more ammo?

Because it sounds like I should buy more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And fuck the GOPe

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well fuck you too.
And fuck the GOPe

And FUCK BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Agreed. Keeps the cash coming in, and there are always positions for a sham opposition.

Even Preibus doesn't think Ted could win.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Something really bad must be happening fairly soon, and the RNC actually wants the Dems in the White House when it happens.
View Quote

That actually kind of makes sense... Either that or the GOP plans on completely putting a stop to everything by blocking anything and everything that comes to Congress.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. I'm stocking up. A brokered convention in which insiders will select the nominee will shatter what is left of the Republican party and hand the election to Hillary on a silver platter.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

We should always buy more ammo
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]
As long as the messed up foreign trade stays status quo they are fine.

They are all are heavily invested overseas and as long as they make money they don't care.

You losing a job makes them richer.

They have no interest in fixing anything.

Democrat or Republican makes no difference to the leaders of both parties so long as nothing really changes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
There have been different political parties through out history. I'm not saying we'll evolve into a three party system, but I could see one party dying and a new one being formed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Best to vote libertarian, constitution, etc.

Someone tabulates all that and will be mindful of who split left and who split right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#23]
It sucks, but he's right.  

The parties aren't even obligated to hold primary elections, let alone abide by the results of them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As long as the messed up foreign trade stays status quo they are fine.

They are all are heavily invested overseas and as long as they make money they don't care.

You losing a job makes them richer.

They have no interest in fixing anything.
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Would one of the usual suspects come along and tell me again how I need to vote for a RINO because its our only hope?  Tell me again how my vote would be wasted voting 3rd party?  Tell me again how the GOP is playing chess not "Fuck Off and Die, Peasants?"

'Cause I just can't wrap my head around it.  My vote in the primary doesn't count?  Well then, fuck the GOP.  I MIGHT have voted for the R nominee depending on who it was, but they just told me to take my ballot, roll it up and shove right up my ass.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#26]
If I don't like the party then I'll just go to another one.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Screw you very much.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is why I no longer consider myself a Republican.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess he forgot that while the party picks the candidate, the voters pick the President.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That actually kind of makes sense... Either that or the GOP plans on completely putting a stop to everything by blocking anything and everything that comes to Congress.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, they're more interested in the status quo than you petty little wishes for trivial things like deficit reduction, foreign policy and freedom.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or better yet don't.  Political parties have established a stranglehold on our government, and it fucking blows.  Make all committee and leadership positions in both houses of Congress assigned randomly by drawn lot...
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The parties aren't even obligated to hold primary elections, let alone abide by the results of them.
View Quote

This.  People act like this is some sort of new development, or earth shattering news.

Anyone can run for President.  Anyone can form a new political party and choose the nominee however they see fit.  The two huge dominant parties also get to choose the nominees however they see fit.

How is this a news flash to anyone?  Oh, because most people are wholly ignorant to how this stuff works.

We really need to bring back civics classes in high school to combat the ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

He is not wrong technically.

But in reality, if you want to stay a party, you should have some supporters. You know, the people who vote for stuff!

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Or better yet don't.  Political parties have established a stranglehold on our government, and it fucking blows.  Make all committee and leadership positions in both houses of Congress assigned randomly by drawn lot...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be better than what we have right now. Draw from a pool of registered people who have to pass a test on how the federal government functions and also pass a test on the Constitution. Then randomly select from that pool every 2 years.

I guarantee our country would be a million times better off than it is now. I wish our founders thought of that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yep. That will definitely solve the problems the GOP is having. Should clear everything right up.

View Quote

If the intended goal was to "clear things up", they did that long before today.  And they won't cede control of the party.

Abandon ship, mates.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

he's right, he can commit electoral suicide if he so desires.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've show the amount of backbone they have with this year's budget approval.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How is he wrong? 99% of the trump posters here go on about how the hate the GOP
View Quote

If they choose someone that wasn't even on the ballot for republicans to vote for I'm leaving the party
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#40]
And anyone who supports the GOPe, at this point, is equally liable for their actions against the American people.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Careful ace, while there are plenty of brainless mouth breathers in the GOPe and will vote for "Hope and Change" as long as it's coming out of some guys mouth with an R behind his name....

There are also many true conservatives who will never vote for an R again.....ever.

The party will crash and burn....or merge with the D's.

I was never an R.....always a registered Independent. Pull this stunt and I'll never pull the lever for an R again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How is he wrong? 99% of the trump posters here go on about how the hate the GOP
View Quote

they do, and it's amazing how so many cruz supporters now suck the gop's dick
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Want to change the Republican Party?

Get active or stop bitching. This will last as long as it's tolerated...
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/ZFPIJBV.jpg?1

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus cautioned supporters of Donald Trump who vocally disapprove of the GOP's delegate allocation and selection process.

"By the way, this is a nomination for the Republican Party," Priebus told 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin. "If you don't like the party, then sit down. The party is choosing a nominee."

Priebus insisted that, "I'm not in favor of changing the rules," but seemed to suggest that his party was moving toward the way it formerly chose a nominee many years ago. He also appeared to hint that the primaries and caucuses may not be as binding for the delegates as some have come to expect.

Priebus' comments come as Wisconsinites head to the polls to cast a vote in a primary that could send the GOP hurling toward a contested convention.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/priebus-the-party-is-choosing-a-nominee/article/2587688
View Quote

This fucking idiot has to open his mouth and prove what a fucking idiot he is?  Does he really think talking like that to a bunch of pissed off people is going to help matters at all?

This was not an accident.  He is coming out and flat out telling his party's own constituency to fuck off.  Couple this with both the left and right media coming out yesterday and calling angry white men racists and there is something bigger going on.

We gave the Republican's both houses and they still said fuck you we wont do what you want.  Now they are just coming right out and saying fuck you in probably the most important election of our country's history.   This election is going to be a very big turning point for this country and the GOP does not seem to be on the side of their constituents.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, he's right.  I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago talking about the process for picking the candidate.  I mean, it's the same rules that's ALWAYS been in effect.  

If a candidate doesn't get to the magic number to move on to November, then there's the convention/ballot process.  THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

The candidates are all playing by the same rules that have always been the same rules.

If your candidate is so good and appealing, then they shouldn't have any issue getting to the magic number.

If they don't?

Well, it's the Party's game they are playing, and there are rules and decide who gets picked.

Don't like it?  Fine, go start your own party.  But don't fucking complain about the rules in a game YOUR candidate decided to play in.  Christ.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That would be better than what we have right now. Draw from a pool of registered people who have to pass a test on how the federal government functions and also pass a test on the Constitution. Then randomly select from that pool every 2 years.

I guarantee our country would be a million times better off than it is now. I wish our founders thought of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty amazing.  We have built a process where the only people that can survive the process are the exact opposite kind of people that should be elected.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This.  People act like this is some sort of new development, or earth shattering news.

Anyone can run for President.  Anyone can form a new political party and choose the nominee however they see fit.  The two huge dominant parties also get to choose the nominees however they see fit.

How is this a news flash to anyone?  Oh, because most people are wholly ignorant to how this stuff works.

We really need to bring back civics classes in high school to combat the ignorance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps you two well-learned gentlemen would like to tell us how well a political party will do in this day and age if they ignore the will of their electorate?

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or, they're more interested in the status quo than you petty little wishes for trivial things like deficit reduction, foreign policy and freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Politicians are in it for one thing: Personal Gain at the expense of others.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It's pretty amazing.  We have built a process where the only people that can survive the process are the exact opposite kind of people that should be elected.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We didn't build it, they did.  To screen out un-desirables.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top