User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 5/4/2016 11:41:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I typed this up for another thread, but decided to start a new thread. I know we don't need more threads, but this one I think is different.

From my perspective and what I was seeing bore out last night and even most of the talking heads started saying things I have been posting. (and I've only been posting the last few weeks on this stuff)

You heard it here first. The Republican party of Reagan died last night. The party of the moral majority no longer exists the way it used to. Even Huckabee knew it. You can call them RINOs  if you want, but it is dead. There was a changing of the guard. It was either going to be this or the Republicans were going to become the equivalent to the Green party in the near future.

There is just not enough people who believe in all the planks of the Republican party. The social issues planks are doomed. Hopefully we can get taxes and spending under control under Trump. If not, he will be a one term guy. The vast majority of Americans know that we have to fix the government first. We can't use a broken government to fix a broken society.

Before you freak out, the demos are doomed too. They are way more fractured than we are.

You will see it in the election. A lot of democrats are going to vote for Trump. Working class demos are not going to vote for the current demo contenders. A lot of fiscally conservative gays are going to jump on the Trump bandwagon. A lot of demo working women are going to vote for Trump.

The way the country has been fractured with hard line right wingers on one side and ultra libs on the other has left a huge chasm in the center and Trump filled that vacuum with an explosion of thunder that has rolled for months now.

Ignore what you think you know. Most Americans are not like you. A lot of them still like obama. Most of those don't like hillary. Those people are going to vote for Trump.

This is from my eyes that were formerly held shut by my belief system. Eyes that were so closed I could not believe obama got elected. I really couldn't believe he got elected twice. That second election opened my eyes. It should have opened yours too. Forget the term RINO. You will never get what you think you want as a candidate. No "true" conservative champion is waiting in the wings to lead us. They would have no chance.

The best we can hope for is personal liberty and support it for everyone, low taxes, secure borders, strong military and smaller less intrusive government. If you want more than that out of your government, you are creating the problem that got us to where we are.

View Quote

In your dreams.....

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't be something you don't practice at.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Great post.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
You make a lot of valid points.
And there is something really happening in this nation that is outside the echo chamber called GD.
The dems are having major issues because their front runner is being handed losses at various states by a fucking communist of all things and the guy running as a Republican is not a Republican at all.
So definitely there will be long term consequences to both parties in the coming years out of this election.
A lot of hard left dems that support the grizzled commie won't vote for Hillary and a lot of blue suit Republicans won't vote Trump.
In my life I never thought I would see this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
We could have had a good TEA party leadership if the ROPe hadn't fought them so hard.

Trump was a fluke.

It might be possible, now that the GOPe is on the ropes to use the opportunity to steer it towards a TEA/libertarian lean.

I doubt it, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I think its even more basic .

Democrats have succeeded in moving their party to the communist line. Its why bernie is doing so well.

Half of your "countrymen" want what you have and want gov to confiscate it for them.

You are reduced to voting against the communist party PERIOD.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
It died a long time ago. Even Reagan spent money like a drunken sailor and irreparably hurt gun rights.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The GOP stopped being Reaganesque a decade ago.  What last night showed is that voters have finally figured it out.

Not that Trump is Reagan, but that the sham is over
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We could have had a good TEA party leadership if the ROPe hadn't fought them so hard.

Trump was a fluke.

It might be possible, now that the GOPe is on the ropes to use the opportunity to steer it towards a TEA/libertarian lean.

I doubt it, though.
View Quote

The problem is there are more dem leaning Americans than Republicans and if the Republican party went straight Tea party the losses would never end.
Sad situation for this nation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The GOP stopped being Reaganesque a decade ago.  What last night showed is that voters have finally figured it out.

View Quote

This is what I was thinking.

The republicans stopped being conservative a long time ago.  McCain, Romney?
How about the republicans budget deals they have passed.
Trump is a result of the RINOs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In your dreams.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I typed this up for another thread, but decided to start a new thread. I know we don't need more threads, but this one I think is different.

From my perspective and what I was seeing bore out last night and even most of the talking heads started saying things I have been posting. (and I've only been posting the last few weeks on this stuff)

You heard it here first. The Republican party of Reagan died last night. The party of the moral majority no longer exists the way it used to. Even Huckabee knew it. You can call them RINOs  if you want, but it is dead. There was a changing of the guard. It was either going to be this or the Republicans were going to become the equivalent to the Green party in the near future.

There is just not enough people who believe in all the planks of the Republican party. The social issues planks are doomed. Hopefully we can get taxes and spending under control under Trump. If not, he will be a one term guy. The vast majority of Americans know that we have to fix the government first. We can't use a broken government to fix a broken society.

Before you freak out, the demos are doomed too. They are way more fractured than we are.

You will see it in the election. A lot of democrats are going to vote for Trump. Working class demos are not going to vote for the current demo contenders. A lot of fiscally conservative gays are going to jump on the Trump bandwagon. A lot of demo working women are going to vote for Trump.

The way the country has been fractured with hard line right wingers on one side and ultra libs on the other has left a huge chasm in the center and Trump filled that vacuum with an explosion of thunder that has rolled for months now.

Ignore what you think you know. Most Americans are not like you. A lot of them still like obama. Most of those don't like hillary. Those people are going to vote for Trump.

This is from my eyes that were formerly held shut by my belief system. Eyes that were so closed I could not believe obama got elected. I really couldn't believe he got elected twice. That second election opened my eyes. It should have opened yours too. Forget the term RINO. You will never get what you think you want as a candidate. No "true" conservative champion is waiting in the wings to lead us. They would have no chance.

The best we can hope for is personal liberty and support it for everyone, low taxes, secure borders, strong military and smaller less intrusive government. If you want more than that out of your government, you are creating the problem that got us to where we are.

In your dreams.....

I really don't believe you can have all of those things for any substantial length of time.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#14]
We are fucked, have been fucked and will continue to be fucked.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Good.

I'm one of those that abandoned the "true conservative" republican party over their social issues and became a libertarian.

Libertarianism is the closest thing we have to true freedom. I don't want the government meddling in my life -- whether that's by taking my money to spend it on stupid shit like entitlement programs, or them telling me what chemicals I am or am not allowed to put into my body and how much I have to pay them to do so, or how many bullets my gun fires with every pull of the trigger.

Morality doesn't have to be derived from Judeo-Christian religion, but the "true conservative" party was inseparable on that. I don't care if people get abortions or use stem cells for medical purposes either.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Last night?

OP is trolling hard.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#17]
So you're saying that John Mccain was part of the same republican party that Reagan was?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Trump was a fluke.

I doubt it, though.
View Quote
Trump is a natural progression of the Tea Party.

The voters tried the Tea Party in the last two elections, and got no traction.

But the voters are still pissed off.

This is just another example of "water always finds its way".

The pissed of citizens have been blocked in every direction when they tried the Tea Party, and so here they are trying another direction: Trump.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The republican party is dying because it became a monster.  I can't wait to put the nail in the coffin and a more libertarian party come out of the ashes.  Of course, then we'll have to worry about them, too.

A society can't be fixed by government.  That's one of the problems with Republican thought.  

America is not going to survive its race issue, because it's not about race, but power.  Just about every problem stems from that.  The other problems have to do with corruption.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
This...the GOPe caused this...not Trump

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
The party of Reagan died in the 90's, OP. What you witnessed last night was the death of the party of McConnell and I'm glad it's dead.

Though I'm not sure that the new guard won't be worse than the old but there's only one way to find out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#25]
the republican party of bush died last night, it had killed the party of Reagan in 1989
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Trump may not be a true conservative, but if he wins he will lay the ground work for a right-ward shift on many issues.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Last night?

OP is trolling hard.

Oh, just lock him.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. Unfortunately I don't think that. I just see what a lot of ARF refuses to see.

People still like obama. Think about that. He is still popular with voters. That is why hillary is saying the things she is saying. It is just people don't like her. obama can say "I'm going to kill the coal industry" and get elected. Hillary is getting torn apart over it. People don't like her.

People like Trump in the same vein they like obama. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't, but I can't ignore it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you think you will have a defender of liberty from a man who likes and regularly uses eminent domain?

no really

No. Unfortunately I don't think that. I just see what a lot of ARF refuses to see.

People still like obama. Think about that. He is still popular with voters. That is why hillary is saying the things she is saying. It is just people don't like her. obama can say "I'm going to kill the coal industry" and get elected. Hillary is getting torn apart over it. People don't like her.

People like Trump in the same vein they like obama. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't, but I can't ignore it.

Bernie fans are not going to vote for Trump.  I've heard many talk in their daily lives and they think Trump is the devil incarnate.  They may not vote Hillary, but they won't vote Trump.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Conservatism didn't die, it was crucified by the establishment.  But on the 8th Day of November it will rise again, and ascend to the Presidency, to be seated at the right hand of the Constitution.  He will be re-elected again to judge the illegals and the dems.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#30]

And they're crying all the way to the bank

Better get it while the gettings good
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The GOP never was Reaganesque.  Bush 41 undermined the Reagan revolution while he was still Vice President.  The GOP leadership since the late 80s are like the priests who murdered their God but kept the charade going by going through the motions and sacrificing to the altars but it was just a charade to them used to fool the masses.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh dont be so dramatic OP. Its been dead for quite some time...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#33]
You mean the party of making deals where the Democrats get a lot of what they want and the Republicans get nothing and we inch closer every year to shared poverty?

Good.

We have yet to see what was born.  Maybe a party lead by someone who doesn't end up on the bad end of every deal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Obama got elected because he offered free stuff to a bunch of Americans who voted for him. No more, no less.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Reagan's Republican Party died in 1988. Reagan was a anomaly in the Party.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep pretty much but will add that 'conservatism' as we know it is dead.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#37]
We live in a country in which two men kissing on a TV sitcom happens everyday.  Pot is legal in many places. 80% of black kids are born as bastards. We have no border between the sacred ground of the USA and a 3rd world shithole.  The IRS blatantly targets groups critical of the political elites. Our POTUS has as questionable of a lineage as could be imagined. This diatribe could go on and and on.  

The days of Reagan are long gone........never to be seen again.  Sad but true. We have to deal with what we have.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I really don't believe you can have all of those things for any substantial length of time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your dreams.....

And we will get none of those with the presumptive nominee.  He already has made it plain he supports tax increases, has gone back on the wall comment and indicated he has no problems with a larger more intrusive govt with less personal liberty in the name of safety.  We might get an improved military but I'll believe that when I see it.  I see him taking the gloves off the military but I also see more conflict under him especially if he goes after China on trade.  They will not sit still if push comes to shove and out pacific allies will bear the brunt of it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Jeeze. Drama queens everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Dead and buried....Lets start with a clean slate....
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#41]
If that means we don't get anymore true Reagan conservatism like amnesty and gun control then I'm ok with that.

We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#42]
George Bush,  Sr.  was the end.   1988.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If that means we don't get anymore true Reagan conservatism like amnesty and gun control then I'm ok with that.

We'll see how it goes.
View Quote

You should study what went on and how few of those people Reagan wanted allowed in on that Amnesty you speak of.
I should know as I was a voting age adult when that 1986 law was passed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Things are about to change for a very long time for the GOP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We'll see how it goes.
View Quote

That was not Reagens legacy young man. But true he was not a totalitarian. He was a president of all the people. Don't forget Reagen had the blessing of the NRA for the MG ban.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, the GOP has been dead for years.

Trump is just away for the GOP's mourners, who are angry with the suicide, to piss on its grave.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#47]
it is worse than that

The Republic is dead because the electorate is without integrity, honor, family or moral compass.

The problem is not with the rep or dem party or the shithead politicians.

The problem is with the people.

It can not be fixed by politics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It died a long time ago. Even Reagan spent money like a drunken sailor and irreparably hurt gun rights.
View Quote

....and increased the size of gov.

And didn't get rid of the Dept of Education like he campaigned on.

But,he did have some great speeches about smaller government and big gov being the problem.

Both sides give us bigger government and more spending,along with more rules,regulations,taxes,licenses,mandates,etc....and it will not change for the better.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We are fucked, have been fucked and will continue to be fucked.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#50]
The Republican Party is simply rediscovering its populist roots.  

1. The original Republican party was a rebellion against a feckless Federalist establishment that would endlessly compromise on slavery with the Democrats in order to satisfy the interests of southern secessionists and Northern industrialists.  Seem familiar?

2. The Republican party was an outgrowth of the Free Soil Movement which wanted the average joe farmer to have a shot at a homestead in the new territories without having to compete against large plantations with their artificially cheap slave labor.  Seem familiar?

3. The Republican party was sick of a feckless Federalist judiciary which betrayed the principles of the Constitution, ordering states to turn over escaped slaves to their former masters.  Seem familiar?

I want the Republican party of Abraham Lincoln.  The Republican party of George Will and the other establishment types belongs on the ash heap of history with the Federalists.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top